PDA

View Full Version : Clubber's first round predictions

ClubberLang
04-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Spurs v Grizz
My prediction? Pain. Spurs in six.

Lakers v Hornets
No, they don't hate the Hornets. They pity the fools, and will destroy any team that tries to take what they got. Lakers in five.

Mavs v Blazers
What did they say, paper champions? They'll beat them like a dog, a dog you fools. Blaze in six.

Thunder v Nuggets
Don't you turn your back on them! Nuggets in seven.

Bulls v Pacers
Hey Pacers. Hey, Pacers! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up every night dreamin' you had a real team, don't ya? Bulls in four.

Magic v Hawks
They gonna bust them up. Magic in five.

Heat v Sixers
Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before they knock it off. YOU WANNA JUMP? JUMP! Come on! Come on, Heat! Come on! Sixers in seven!

Celtics v Knicks
Shut up old men! They ain't going nowhere. Knicks in seven.

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Spurs v Grizz
My prediction? Pain. Spurs in six.

Lakers v Hornets
No, they don't hate the Hornets. They pity the fools, and will destroy any team that tries to take what they got. Lakers in five.

Mavs v Blazers
What did they say, paper champions? They'll beat them like a dog, a dog you fools. Blaze in six.

Thunder v Nuggets
Don't you turn your back on them! Nuggets in seven.

Bulls v Pacers
Hey Pacers. Hey, Pacers! Listen here. Since your old man ain't got no heart, maybe you like to see a real man. I bet you stay up every night dreamin' you had a real team, don't ya? Bulls in four.

Magic v Hawks
They gonna bust them up. Magic in five.

Heat v Sixers
Get out of my face! I don't need no has-beens in my corner. And you better wipe that look off your face before they knock it off. YOU WANNA JUMP? JUMP! Come on! Come on, Heat! Come on! Sixers in seven!

Celtics v Knicks
Shut up old men! They ain't going nowhere. Knicks in seven.

Not bad, but I have a soft spot for Clubber so you had me with the thread title. clubber and Sho 'nuff were the 80's best trash talkers. But you missed some of his best lines:

"Don't give this sucker no statue, give him some guts!!"

"The little man don't wanna come to me. Then I'll come to you people to lay out the truth. I am ranked Number One. ONE! That means I'm the best!

"I'm gonna torture him. I'm gonna crucify him. Real bad."

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Stallone always gives the American people what they want, and as much as they want.

It don't get better than that.

hater
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
got the west pretty good. East, you really messed that one up.

I. Hustle
04-14-2011, 09:27 AM
I see you're a Sixers fan.

DPG21920
04-14-2011, 09:32 AM
West:

SA v MEM: Spurs in 5
LA v LMAONO: LA in 4
DAL v POR: DAL in 7
OKC v DEN: OKC in 5

East.

CHI v IND: CHI in 4
MIA v PHI: MIA in 5
BOS v NY: BOS in 5
ORL v ATL: ORL in 6

Muser
04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Stallone always gives the American people what they want, and as much as they want.

It don't get better than that.

He's also put out some real pieces of shit too. But yeah, when he gets it right it's awesome.

easy7
04-14-2011, 09:53 AM
I think that OKC will take it from the Nuggs and Celts will beat the Knicks.

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 09:56 AM
He's also put out some real pieces of shit too. But yeah, when he gets it right it's awesome.

They all stumble at times.

But, Stallone isn't pompous or selfish like say Eastwood is. Eastwood will give you what {he} wants, whether {we} want it, or, not. Until Eastwood "made it" though he gave us what we wanted, and as much as we wanted. Alas, it was a means to an end:::so he could make what he wanted, unfettered, like Coppola after his Godfather cash cow.

Stallone and the circle of people he operates within are mercenary yes, but, they don't deviate from our needs, our wants. Rocky/Karate Kid/Rambo are true to us and they never end:::Part 1,2,3,....on & on...the quality wanes as the line extends, yes, but, the heartbeat is without end....parts, moments, seconds on film even at the poorest of the above franchises lodge in our minds & gladden our American hearts.

Ashy Larry
04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
classic .......

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
They all stumble at times.

But, Stallone isn't pompous or selfish like say Eastwood is. Eastwood will give you what {he} wants, whether {we} want it, or, not. Until Eastwood "made it" though he gave us what we wanted, and as much as we wanted. Alas, it was a means to an end:::so he could make what he wanted, unfettered, like Coppola after his Godfather cash cow.

Stallone and the circle of people he operates within are mercenary yes, but, they don't deviate from our needs, our wants. Rocky/Karate Kid/Rambo are true to us and they never end:::Part 1,2,3,....on & on...the quality wanes as the line extends, yes, but, the heartbeat is without end....parts, moments, seconds on film even at the poorest of the above franchises lodge in our minds & gladden our American hearts.

Though less artsy dramatic I think Rocky III is better than II ...Im all for story ...but too much "Adrian and self-loathing" to me the best part of II is appollo calling our Rocky and his trainer having genuine fear as he watches the footage from the fight in Rocky I ...

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 10:47 AM
... and when he says (paraphrase from memory) "I watched you beat this man within an inch of his life ...and HE KEPT COMING! We dont want this man ... you dont need this man. "

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Though less artsy dramatic I think Rocky III is better than II ...Im all for story ...but too much "Adrian and self-loathing" to me the best part of II is appollo calling our Rocky and his trainer having genuine fear as he watches the footage from the fight in Rocky I ...

So many moments & parts:::in Pt 2:::Tony Burton in Creed's plush office, Creed behind the desk, seated, Burton in front, standing, behind him a distance away "the suits" seated on a couch. They're discussing the rematch. Pedestrian give & take, until Burton changes the tone:::he glances nervously back at the "strangers" before once again sealing them off & addressing "his son" Creed in the most intimate of verbiage...."we don't need a man like that in our lives....let...it...go."

In 3 the sheer animal wailings of Stallone in Mickey's crypt.

In 4, the mistake of the meticulously coiffed Stallone as the principal at Creed's grave site. That's Burton's place there. He's Creed's "father".

In 5, the cascade of blood gushing in the monochrome flashback of Stallone.

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
So many moments & parts:::in Pt 2:::Tony Burton in Creed's plush office, Creed behind the desk, seated, Burton in front, standing, behind him a distance away "the suits" seated on a couch. They're discussing the rematch. Pedestrian give & take, until Burton changes the tone:::he glances nervously back at the "strangers" before once again sealing them off & addressing "his son" Creed in the most intimate of verbiage...."we don't need a man like that in our lives....let...it...go."

In 3 the sheer animal wailings of Stallone in Mickey's crypt.

In 4, the mistake of the meticulously coiffed Stallone as the principal at Creed's grave site. That's Burton's place there. He's Creed's "father".

In 5, the cascade of blood gushing in the monochrome flashback of Stallone.

Yes, that was it ...let it go. But Creed can't. Sure the boxing scenes are soooo unrealistic. But those movies captured most of the boxing archetypes"

The hometown hero
The underdog
The showboat (creed)
The represented the bedrocks of boxing: Philly (rock) Detroit (creed) and Chicago (clubber) ...
The boxing wife (though annoying)
Two great trainers Mick and Creed's
the hangers on ... Paulie ...
The declining champ (Creed)
The champ who comes out of retirement to tragic results (Creed)
Going soft after reaching the top (Rocky)

As Eddie Murphy would say : "alright rocko! Great fucking movie ...I dont want to spoil it for yall but Rocky wins this one ... " classic shiznit.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-14-2011, 11:08 AM
West:

SA v MEM: Spurs in 5
LA v LMAONO: LA in 4
DAL v POR: DAL in 7
OKC v DEN: OKC in 5

East.

MIA v PHI: MIA in 5
BOS v NY: BOS in 5
ORL v ATL: ORL in 6

:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-14-2011, 11:11 AM
West:

SA v MEM: Spurs in 4.
LA v NO: LA in 4.
DAL v POR: Could go either way, but I'm picking DAL in 7.
OKC v DEN: Denver's really becoming a favorite of mine, but OKC in 7.

East:

MIA v PHI: Just so they can stay on the front page, MIA in 6.
BOS v NY: BOS in 6. KG will average 3 chest pounds per game.
ORL v ATL: ORL in 7. Most irrelevant matchup, neither will do damage in the second round.

DMC
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't see how someone can predict an upset. If it was predictable, it wouldn't be an upset.

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Yes, that was it ...let it go. But Creed can't. Sure the boxing scenes are soooo unrealistic. But those movies captured most of the boxing archetypes"

The hometown hero
The underdog
The showboat (creed)
The represented the bedrocks of boxing: Philly (rock) Detroit (creed) and Chicago (clubber) ...
The boxing wife (though annoying)
Two great trainers Mick and Creed's
the hangers on ... Paulie ...
The declining champ (Creed)
The champ who comes out of retirement to tragic results (Creed)
Going soft after reaching the top (Rocky)

As Eddie Murphy would say : "alright rocko! Great fucking movie ...I dont want to spoil it for yall but Rocky wins this one ... " classic shiznit.

I'm sure I've cited it here before, but, I love this part so:::

4:::Creed gets pulverized by Drago in round 1, comes to the corner, and is seated. Stallone (not Rocky), but, Stallone the creator, producer, writer and director of this franchise takes us home now...Rocky beseeches him to throw towel. Creed is intractable, the debate continues, finally Creed ends the debate with the his final words:::"no matter what." He rises to his feet, body broken, he leans back into the corner buckle and waits his final round....now here Stallone remembers what we hoped he would remember, but, we foolishly/mistakenly thought he forgot. No, uh, uh, not this time. Not this Stallone.....Creed scans the crowd, and finds his wife. The woman who would rather read children's books to their children than read hate mail with Creed. The woman who stoicly sat in his dressing room moments before her husband would lose his Champioship in 2 as he went thru his pre fight protocol for the umpteenth time in her presence as she neared the breaking point....

...Creed finds her....she's risen, her eyes brimming, their gaze meet, she gives the slightest of hints of reproach (don't go out there), he nods, near imperceptibly,,,then turns forward to face his destiny.

That, that moment is pure Stallone. I know it just as sure as I'm sittin' here.

Sportcamper
04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Thunder vs. Nuggets …Those two teams are playing great ball & could take just about any team in a seven game series…I was kind of hoping they would wreak some havoc on other teams…

Findog
04-14-2011, 11:43 AM
SA v MEM: Spurs in 6
LA v NOLA: Lakers in 5
DAL v POR: Blazers in 6
OKC v DEN: Thunder in 6
CHI v IND: Bulls in 4
MIA v PHI: Heat in 6
BOS v NY: Celtics in 6
ORL v ATL: Magic in 6

SA v OKC: Spurs in 7
LAL v POR: Lakers in 6
CHI v ORL: Bulls in 6
MIA v BOS: Celtics in 7

SA v LAL: Lakers in 6
CHI v BOS: Bulls in 7

CHI v LAL: Lakers in 7

The Gemini Method
04-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Ooh...I wonder when Drago will make his picks!

TampaDude
04-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm sure I've cited it here before, but, I love this part so:::

4:::Creed gets pulverized by Drago in round 1, comes to the corner, and is seated. Stallone (not Rocky), but, Stallone the creator, producer, writer and director of this franchise takes us home now...Rocky beseeches him to throw towel. Creed is intractable, the debate continues, finally Creed ends the debate with the his final words:::"no matter what." He rises to his feet, body broken, he leans back into the corner buckle and waits his final round....now here Stallone remembers what we hoped he would remember, but, we foolishly/mistakenly thought he forgot. No, uh, uh, not this time. Not this Stallone.....Creed scans the crowd, and finds his wife. The woman who would rather read children's books to their children than read hate mail with Creed. The woman who stoicly sat in his dressing room moments before her husband would lose his Champioship in 2 as he went thru his pre fight protocol for the umpteenth time in her presence as she neared the breaking point....

...Creed finds her....she's risen, her eyes brimming, their gaze meet, she gives the slightest of hints of reproach (don't go out there), he nods, near imperceptibly,,,then turns forward to face his destiny.

That, that moment is pure Stallone. I know it just as sure as I'm sittin' here.

Wow...great analysis...I came...

TampaDude
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Ooh...I wonder when Drago will make his picks!

I must break you...

baseline bum
04-14-2011, 02:59 PM
WEST
1 San Antonio over 8 Memphis 4-2
2 Los Angeles over 7 New Orleans 4-1
6 Portland over 3 Dallas 4-2
4 Oklahoma City over 5 Denver 4-2

4 Oklahoma City over 1 San Antonio 4-2
2 Los Angeles over 6 Portland 4-2

2 Los Angeles over 4 Oklahoma City 4-3

EAST
1 Chicago over 8 Indiana 4-0
2 Miami over 7 Philadelphia 4-2
3 Boston over 7 New York 4-1
4 Orlando over 5 Atlanta 4-2

1 Chicago over 4 Orlando 4-2
2 Miami over 3 Boston 4-3

1 Chicago over 2 Miami 4-2

FINALS
1 Chicago over 2 Los Angeles 4-3

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Even as late as "Rocky Balboa" Stallone delivers the goods:::In the beginning we hear a steady monotone of Rocky, as owner/Maitre D/Heavy Weight Champ reciting the tale of his triumph over Creed (in 2)....just a voice, to a table of "suits." We don't see him at first, just the sound of it. {{{it's the beauty of film that not everything has to be for the viewer on the initial sight}}} That the movie maker can put his heart and dreams onto celluloid and we will at our own speed & desire find it.

We know as witnesses to 1 & 2 what it took for that victory. If you suspend yourself and immerse into the story as Stallone the man must suspend and immerse himself into the role as actor/Rocky you can take the memory with you forever. Rocky cannot tell the tale to these people as it happened because he cannot share that with another human being aside from Creed whom is now dead, but, who shared that intimacy with Rocky in bits & pieces in 1,2,3. We as "believers" can get closer than anyone to have the right to hear it, because we lived it. We are entitled whereas "the suits",,,and the restaurant's patron's (all of them) are not, and never will be.

Stallone excludes them, but, we, we have never been excluded. When he went, he took us with him, every step of the way, and we heard every word he ever spoke.

Muser
04-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Even as late as "Rocky Balboa" Stallone delivers the goods:::In the beginning we hear a steady monotone of Rocky, as owner/Maitre D/Heavy Weight Champ reciting the tale of his triumph over Creed (in 2)....just a voice, to a table of "suits." We don't see him at first, just the sound of it. {{{it's the beauty of film that not everything has to be for the viewer on the initial sight}}} That the movie maker can put his heart and dreams onto celluloid and we will at our own speed & desire find it.

We know as witnesses to 1 & 2 what it took for that victory. If you suspend yourself and immerse into the story as Stallone the man must suspend and immerse himself into the role as actor/Rocky you can take the memory with you forever. Rocky cannot tell the tale to these people as it happened because he cannot share that with another human being aside from Creed whom is now dead, but, who shared that intimacy with Rocky in bits & pieces in 1,2,3. We as "believers" can get closer than anyone to have the right to hear it, because we lived it. We are entitled whereas "the suits",,,and the restaurant's patron's (all of them) are not, and never will be.

Stallone excludes them, but, we, we have never been excluded. When he went, he took us with him, every step of the way, and we heard every word he ever spoke.

Rocky Balboa was the goods, much better film to end it all on than Rocky 5.

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
1 Chicago vs. 8 Indiana - Chicago in 6
2 Miami vs. 5 Philly - Miami in 5
3 Boston vs. 6 New York - Boston in 6
4 Orlando vs. 5 Atlanta - Orlando in 5

1 San Antonio vs. 8 Memphis - Spurs in 5
2 Los Angeles vs. 7 New Orleans - LA in 4
3 Dallas vs. 6 Portland - Portland in 6
4 OKC vs. 5 Denver - OKC in 5

1 Chicago vs. 4 Orlando - Orlando in 6
2 Miami vs. 3 Boston - Boston in 7

1 San Antonio vs. 4 OKC - OKC in 6
2 Los Angeles vs. 3 Portland - LA in 7

3 Boston vs. 4 Orlando - Boston in 5
2 Los Angeles vs. 4 OKC - LA in 5

Lakers vs. Celtics - Lakers in 6

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 04:44 PM
5 is the weakest of the entries. Saved in part by the extensive use of Mickey in flashback in turns berating & loving & motivating Rocky. Stallone used a near black & white film process during flashback with generous splashes of bright red blood. The affect is surreal. The writing for these flashbacks are the highlight of the motion picture.

Elton John's "Measure of a Man" over the ending credits and a visual retrospective of 1-4 is almost wasted.

stretch
04-14-2011, 04:51 PM
1 Chicago vs. 8 Indiana - Chicago in 4
2 Miami vs. 5 Philly - Miami in 4
3 Boston vs. 6 New York - Boston in 6
4 Orlando vs. 5 Atlanta - Orlando in 7

1 San Antonio vs. 8 Memphis - Spurs in 5
2 Los Angeles vs. 7 New Orleans - LA in 5
3 Dallas vs. 6 Portland - Dallas in 6
4 OKC vs. 5 Denver - OKC in 5

1 Chicago vs. 4 Orlando - Chicago in 6
2 Miami vs. 3 Boston - Miami in 6

1 San Antonio vs. 4 OKC - OKC in 6
2 Los Angeles vs. 3 Dallas - LA in 6

1 Chicago vs. 2 Miami - Miami in 5
2 Los Angeles vs. 4 OKC - LA in 7

Los Angeles vs. Miami - 6 games, 50/50 could go either way. Miami matches up extremely well with LA, the only East team IMO that can beat LA.

ClubberLang
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Not bad, but I have a soft spot for Clubber so you had me with the thread title. clubber and Sho 'nuff were the 80's best trash talkers. But you missed some of his best lines:

"Don't give this sucker no statue, give him some guts!!"

"The little man don't wanna come to me. Then I'll come to you people to lay out the truth. I am ranked Number One. ONE! That means I'm the best!

"I'm gonna torture him. I'm gonna crucify him. Real bad."

Hey fool! I gotta save some material for round two sucka!

rayjayjohnson
04-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Lakers in 5
Spurs in 6
Nuggs in 6
Blazers in 7

Nuggs in 6
Lakers in 5

Lakers in 7

Chitown in 4
Heat in 4
Hawks in 7
Celts in 5

Chitown in 4
Heat in 5

Heat in 7

Heat in 6

Heat champs

ClubberLang
04-14-2011, 06:51 PM
got the west pretty good. East, you really messed that one up.

I remember one time I tried to pity this fool. He told me his name was hater. He was married. He pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his kids; Kelly, Robert and Brittney. Real cute kids. Don't get too close man. It's hard to pity a fool if you get too close.

Lil Wayne
04-14-2011, 07:36 PM
No disrespect to my Nawlins niggas but it's gonna be Kobe and Lebron in the finals ya heard me? Life's a beach and those niggas just playin in the sand.

ManuBalboa
04-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Stallone used to be an American idol. After hearing how he tried to steal the Expendables script, I had to reevaluate my life :(

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Mick: Whaddaya think the champ would do?

Rocky: Hurt me bad?

Mick: No, he would hurt you PERMANENT!

DeadlyDynasty
04-14-2011, 08:44 PM
EC:

Bulls 4, Pacers 2
Heat 4, 76ers 0
Celtics 4, Knicks 1
Magic 4, Hawks 3

WC:

Spurs 4, Grizzlies 1
Lakers 4, Hornets 0
Mavericks 4, Trail Blazers 1
Thunder 4, Nuggets 3

Venti Quattro
04-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Bulls 4, Pacers 2

The Bulls would be incredibly stupid to lose a game. 4-0 scrah

DeadlyDynasty
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
The Bulls would be incredibly stupid to lose a game. 4-0 scrah

They're young and under a lot of pressure...Pacers have nothing to lose and are a streaky team. That's my surprise pick (not an upset, but surprisingly difficult). Just a gut feeling

dbreiden83080
04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Nicely done...

F8ZABoz26R8