PDA

View Full Version : suns would be smart to trade nash for bosh

ducks
04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
word is heat have thought about trading bosh.
ofcourse suns would have to sweeten the pot alittle.

VBM
04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Not that it would happen, but Miami trading Bosh anywhere would rival the Boozer/Gordon Gund betrayal

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 11:16 AM
The Suns have a habit of getting players I hate (Turkoglu, Brooks, Warrick, Childress). Wouldn't surprise me at all if they tried to get Bosh, but idk what they'd have that Miami would want. Bosh for Nash only heightens their problems.

DMC
04-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Might be Nash's idea. Might be his only chance to win a ring before he retires.

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 11:19 AM
It's not a bad idea ...especially if Heat get a serviceable big to replace Bosh. Even a guy like warrick, Taj gibson or Frye (separate deal)

Lebron and wade could cover for Nash's horrible defense. They are doing that for bibby right now. Plush Nash would be a huge upgrade but would Lebron cede ball handling duties?

It's not that Lebron is selfish, far from it, in fact he is too unselfish. But he loves his stats and running the offense. I think steph curry would be a better fit.

stretch
04-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Nash, Bron, Wade?

Gives me the chills...

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Nash would be nothing more than a spot up shooter with Lebron and Wade, the last thing Miami needs is ANOTHER player who is useless without the ball in his hands. The only way Bosh gets traded is for better size and help down low.

IronMexican
04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Nash is a great shooter. He certainly isn't useless if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Not like he shoots worse while not off the dribble.

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Nash is too peculiar a talent for mass use. You can't just plug him in--in any system and expect static numbers.

And his health is suspect. His body is compromised. The rigors of a deep title run is impossible.

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Nash is a great shooter. He certainly isn't useless if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. Not like he shoots worse while not off the dribble.

He's a spot up shooter without the ball in his hands. That's it, and that's all. A spot up shooter who'd also be a liability on the other end.

Giuseppe
04-14-2011, 01:29 PM
He's a spot up shooter without the ball in his hands. That's it, and that's all. A spot up shooter who'd also be a liability on the other end.

Though that little cocker played some defense on Parker last night just before they took him out in the 4th.. Parker went thru the baseline under the basket figuring he'd put it up on the other side after arriving there. Nash wouldn't let him!

I was so proud.

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
He's defended Parker decently ever since it wasn't D'antoni telling him to give Parker 10 feet of open space or Porter telling him to switch on every S/R and leave Amare out on an island guarding Parker. Parker even said once, "For some reason, whenever I play Phoenix, they think the best defense is too leave me wide open."

stretch
04-14-2011, 01:38 PM

A helluva spot-up shooter. Nigga might shoot 60% from 3 with these guys getting him non-stop open shots. The spacing he would create would be tremendous, as well as the fact that he is actually capable of creating as a PG, something Miami doesnt have, so to say he would do nothing all game but be a spot up shooter is a little ignorant. Imagine him running the break with Bron/Wade... makes it even more ridiculous to stop since he has two guys who are freak athletes that can finish/jump/handle the ball, and then he can just run out to the 3pt line for a kick-out and bust your ass from 3.

He might be a liability on the other end, but so has Arroyo and Bibby. Still hasnt stopped Miami from being a top defensive squad in the NBA.

Doesnt matter though, hes not going to Miami anyways.

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
A helluva spot-up shooter. Nigga might shoot 60% from 3 with these guys getting him non-stop open shots. The spacing he would create would be tremendous, as well as the fact that he is actually capable of creating as a PG, something Miami doesnt have, so to say he would do nothing all game but be a spot up shooter is a little ignorant. Imagine him running the break with Bron/Wade... makes it even more ridiculous to stop since he has two guys who are freak athletes that can finish/jump/handle the ball, and then he can just run out to the 3pt line for a kick-out and bust your ass from 3.

He might be a liability on the other end, but so has Arroyo and Bibby. Still hasnt stopped Miami from being a top defensive squad in the NBA.

Doesnt matter though, hes not going to Miami anyways.

agree with all of this. But Orton is right, those 3 players (wade, Lebron and Nash) are ALL at their best with the ball. sure nash would be a good shooter still. But when i have watched Nash, he shoots best (like many players) when he gets a rhythmn by driving ...and getting some easy looks to drop. Yes i think he is good enough to adapt but at some point haveing so much duplication of skills would lead to diminishing returns.

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
A helluva spot-up shooter.

No spot up shooter is worth an 8 figure contract.

stretch
04-14-2011, 04:19 PM
No spot up shooter is worth an 8 figure contract.

how much longer does he have that contract

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
1 year, then he'd either retire or go somewhere else. It'd be an extremely retarded trade.

stretch
04-14-2011, 04:21 PM
agree with all of this. But Orton is right, those 3 players (wade, Lebron and Nash) are ALL at their best with the ball. sure nash would be a good shooter still. But when i have watched Nash, he shoots best (like many players) when he gets a rhythmn by driving ...and getting some easy looks to drop. Yes i think he is good enough to adapt but at some point haveing so much duplication of skills would lead to diminishing returns.

tbqh how many PGs are good at playing without the ball? the closest you will get to that is a PG who can bust your ass with spot-up shooting. PGs are supposed to have the ball the majority of the time, so its hard to find ones who are effective without the ball

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
tbqh how many PGs are good at playing without the ball? the closest you will get to that is a PG who can bust your ass with spot-up shooting. PGs are supposed to have the ball the majority of the time, so its hard to find ones who are effective without the ball

That's why good point guards never win championships. They're one dimensional and can only play one style of basketball.

stretch
04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
1 year, then he'd either retire or go somewhere else. It'd be an extremely retarded trade.

oh i agree the trade wouldnt make sense. but i would still be scared shitless at the fact that they would have a floor-general and shooter like Nash. of course Wade and Bron is best when playing with the ball in their hands, but if there is a guy who can find ways to make them considerably more effective off-the-ball players, its Nash. and if you can make them more effective off-the-ball, it makes them so much more unpredictable.

stretch
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
That's why good point guards never win championships. They're one dimensional and can only play one style of basketball.

Can't say they never win championships, unless you are saying teams built around PGs cant win championships. In that case, yes, its quite rare to find that. Isaiah Thomas is probably one of the very few that was able to pull it off.

Muser
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Phoenix wouldn't trade Nash anyway.

Killakobe81
04-14-2011, 05:38 PM

You make a fair point but I think though also not a good defender i think steph cury would be the perfect miami PG. He can create though nowhere near as good as Nash, but can shoot almost as good .. plus he is younger and cheaper.

rayjayjohnson
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
nash + gortat for bosh?

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 06:01 PM
It'd still be a stupid trade for Miami even with Gortat. He's a VERY good role player but Gortat is still a role player, Miami would be much better off keeping Bosh and waiting till a C like Gortat comes along where they can max out their MLE for him. I was sure this was what would happen with Perkins and Miami this off season but OKC locked him up early.

DMC
04-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Miami doesn't need more scoring options. They need defenders in the paint. They already have great 3pt shooting. If anything, Nash would be a great distributor because he sees lanes that almost don't exist.

HarlemHeat37
04-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Dalembert has already agreed to join the Heat, depending on the lockout, per my sources, tbh..he fills their only need..

mavsfan1000
04-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Bibby is already close to as good of a spot up shooter as you get at that position. But yeah I think it would be interesting to see what Nash could create for Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. The offense would be more free flowing I think.

Xylus
04-15-2011, 07:34 PM
nash + gortat for bosh?

:lol :lol :lol

Don't listen to DOK, that's the stupidest fucking trade Phoenix could make.

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
I never said it was good trade for the Suns, I said it was a stupid trade for the Heat.

With that said, maybe Bosh would be able to lead them to the 6th seed.

Xylus
04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I never said it was good trade for the Suns, I said it was a stupid trade for the Heat.

With that said, maybe Bosh would be able to lead them to the 6th seed.

We'd be the Toronto Raptors all over again.

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
We'd be the Toronto Raptors all over again.

Not much of a downgrade from what we already are :lol.....not sure why I'm arguing tho since I never said it was a good trade for the Suns.

Xylus
04-16-2011, 02:11 AM
dok just saying that trade helps neither side, don't get your little orange panties in a wad. why does miami want a ball dominating, no defense playing 38 year old pg?

It's not Nash that Miami would want, it's Gortat.

Xylus
04-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Not much of a downgrade from what we already are :lol.....not sure why I'm arguing tho since I never said it was a good trade for the Suns.

Yeah, I wasn't really trying to argue your point anymore, but rather ridiculing that guy's idiotic trade.