PDA

View Full Version : 7% of ESPN fans are potentially drunk/high, ill informed or been listenting to CB?

Rummpd
04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=46&sCat=2124

Or take Charles B. into consideration - currently 7% predicting the Mavs who IMO have absolutely no chance to get by Portland, then the Lakers and the winner of a Thunder (although Nuggets could upset) and Spurs series. LOL on that prediction if it comes true it would take Dirk probably averaging 40 a game and Kidd to go crazy against a young, quicker and equally talented guard over and over again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=110718

The Map shows all of TX goes for Spurs and few for the Mavs so it not Mavs in Dallas homers apparently picking them? So who the hell is picking the Mavs?

But approximetely 10x overall who have been polled are those that are seemingly smarter or better informed.

They are predicting either Spurs (17% a little low depending on Manu's health IMO) or Lakers (the wisest pick with their matchup to at least get to the 2nd rounds for a legit challenge, probably by Portland at near 50%).

The Spurs and Lakers holding a combined 2/3 of the polled vote is a wise choice IMO as they are the two only Western Conference teams with true championship cred + deep talent, and experience. Furthermore, until beat (and with Pop's love of small ball and Bonner ball) it is very hard right now without knowing Manu's status (but not totablly implausible) to pick the Spurs over the Lakers.

Even those (about a 1/5th) predicting the Thunder may not be off base as they may well win it one day, even if not this year, and they may have learned something from last year (and will be a very tough out for anyone)!

As a public health doc who does surveys - why am I not surprised that 93% get it [or at least are too afraid to go out on limb or picking a wild horse (6%)] but 7% do not fathom history and are fooled by the Mavs recent semi-surge?

GrandeDavid
04-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Dude, I think that's a pretty fair polling. If I weren't a Spurs fan, I wouldn't be picking them to win anything. I'd probably pick them to get upset by OKC in the second round. And I wouldn't automatically count the Mavs out just yet.

Since I am a Spurs fan, I'm hoping that the Spurs win the championship, hoping that they somehow can beat the Lakers, and think that they'll beat OKC, assuming they meet up. I do feel very confident that the Spurs will spank Memphis.

Rummpd
04-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Yes overall it is surprisingly fine predictions, and the fact it is on ESPN and still that astute is seemingly mind boggling and/or the fans are looking carefully at the matchups. Even the 83% percent favoring the Spurs over Grizz is pretty good IMO with the Manu injury situation unsettled.

CubanMustGo
04-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Since they don't follow SA, most of the nation prolly has no idea Manu got hurt.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-14-2011, 12:49 PM
the Mavs have "no chance" against Portland? please.

DMC
04-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Eh...

You could have a poll that asked "Small innocent child: Help or Kill" and you would get a few "kill" responses.

IronMaxipad
04-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Nobody cares about the sperms.. get over it

TampaDude
04-14-2011, 01:38 PM
the Mavs have "no chance" against Portland? please.

WERD...Dirk is gonna kill the Blazers.

biggerspursfanthanu
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Whats funny to me is that Memphis and Dallas cant even carry their own states. I hope the spurs give memphis exactly what they deserve, 4 more playoff losses.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-14-2011, 03:53 PM
again in fairness to Dallas, we're in the same state as them splitting the vote.

Memphis... lol. Tennessee don't have love for you.

DMC
04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Most people in Tennessee have no idea there's a pro team in Memphis. Memphis is about the Tigers, not much else.