PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Ginobili

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
My doctor that did my ACL reconstruction is in the same office as the Spurs doctors. I just got back from my follow up, which is just next door to the Spurs practice facility.

When we walked in we saw one of the spurs staff, dont recall who it was, he just looked familiar. We joked that we might see Manu getting work done. We went into our exam room that overlooked the Spurs practice facility parking lot. As we are waiting i see someone come out on the phone and joke to my wife, look there's Manu...turns out it was...lol. Could immediately tell by his gleaming baldspot...

He was on his cell for a while, then the spurs staff guy that was in the office, walked up down in the parking lot and put an elbow brace on him...cinched it up and looked like they were talking about how it felt, or if it fit...after a few, they both went back inside. bout 10 minutes later manu came back out and left in his Audi. tried to get a cell phone pic, but it was too far away.

one of the guys in the office said he was pretty sure he would be playing, obviously no idea if he knew anything, or was just talking shit...either way, thought it was cool. I asked my doc about it, but he couldnt/wouldnt say.

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 03:13 PM
just googled Will Sevening, and it was him who was in the office getting the brace for Manu. knew he looked familiar.

timvp
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

That Manu wasn't obviously pissed is hopefully a good sign.

Mugen
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
True.

If he was out for the year, then there'd be a trail of dead bodies leading out of the doctor's office.

hater
one of the guys in the office said he was pretty sure he would be playing, obviously no idea if he knew anything, or was just talking shit...

Pop would like to know the full name or description of this person... thanks.

crc21209
Thanks for the info! :tu

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Yea i had wondered all morning, thuoght it would be fat chance id see him, and low and behold, there he was standing by his car in the parking lot below me. He was flexing his arm (holding his cell), and moved it quite a bit, never looked like it was labord or painful.

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Pop would like to know the full name or description of this person... thanks.

Lol yea, i dont want to get anyone in trouble. Chances are he was just spouting stuff...but i was at least pleased to hear it.

ElNono
04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
He was on his cell for a while

What he holding it with his right hand?

nkdlunch
04-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I am more upset Manu picked an Audi over a Bimmer

Drachen
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Where is that at? I had thought that the spurs doctors' offices were over off of Floyd Curl and I don't know where their practice facility is.

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
he switched which hand it was in, a couple of times.

SenorSpur
True.

If he was out for the year, then there'd be a trail of dead bodies leading out of the doctor's office.

:lmao

Soul_Patch
Where is that at? I had thought that the spurs doctors' offices were over off of Floyd Curl and I don't know where their practice facility is.

21 Spurs Lane is the Center for Athletes where all the doctors offices are. Their practice facility is right behind it. Probably 22 Spurs lane.

DesignatedT

There both off Huebner right before Babcock if you are coming from 10. Spurs Drive or something.

celldweller
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Yea i had wondered all morning, thuoght it would be fat chance id see him, and low and behold, there he was standing by his car in the parking lot below me. He was flexing his arm (holding his cell), and moved it quite a bit, never looked like it was labord or painful.

Nice info!!!

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
he switched which hand it was in, a couple of times.

and ended up with his left for the finish.

Mugen
04-14-2011, 03:30 PM
What a bunch of a-holes in this thread to not even ask Soul Patch how his rehab is going.

nkdlunch
04-14-2011, 03:30 PM

WTF is this amateur night?

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
What a bunch of a-holes in this thread to not even ask Soul Patch how his rehab is going.

ahah...believe me i was more concerned with grilling my doc about Manu than my knee, he wasnt too thrilled with me...my knee is fine, just got my staples out and got a PT schedule.

justinandimcool
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM

:rollin

Mugen
ahah...believe me i was more concerned with grilling my doc about Manu than my knee, he wasnt too thrilled with me...my knee is fine, just got my staples out and got a PT schedule.

Good stuff. Thanks for the info.

GrandeDavid
My doctor that did my ACL reconstruction is in the same office as the Spurs doctors. I just got back from my follow up, which is just next door to the Spurs practice facility.

When we walked in we saw one of the spurs staff, dont recall who it was, he just looked familiar. We joked that we might see Manu getting work done. We went into our exam room that overlooked the Spurs practice facility parking lot. As we are waiting i see someone come out on the phone and joke to my wife, look there's Manu...turns out it was...lol. Could immediately tell by his gleaming baldspot...

He was on his cell for a while, then the spurs staff guy that was in the office, walked up down in the parking lot and put an elbow brace on him...cinched it up and looked like they were talking about how it felt, or if it fit...after a few, they both went back inside. bout 10 minutes later manu came back out and left in his Audi. tried to get a cell phone pic, but it was too far away.

one of the guys in the office said he was pretty sure he would be playing, obviously no idea if he knew anything, or was just talking shit...either way, thought it was cool. I asked my doc about it, but he couldnt/wouldnt say.

Now this is what you call a quality thread, kids. Great job and fantastic insight!

lefty
Thanks for the update :tu

crc21209

Good to hear...:tu

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM

LMAO. Touche.

TE
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM

lefty
04-14-2011, 03:35 PM

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-14-2011, 03:38 PM

As a Bimmer owner im very upset at Manus choice :lol

What kind if Audi does ge drive?

rjv
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
so how slick was that audi ?

Blair420
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I call bullshit

especially on this: "one of the guys in the office said he was pretty sure he would be playing"

just saying.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Don't know.

Now that it's on topic, anyone know what RJ drives?

kjhip1
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM

http://www.audi-quattro.org/gallery/audi/100rear.jpg

Morg1411
04-14-2011, 03:41 PM

You the man. :tu

silverblk mystix

Those S-5 Audi's are cool, the A8 is awesome...Q7 is a nice family vehicle...

other than those--yeah I'd go Bimmer too...

I Heart Ginobili
Don't know.

A miata, duh!

Soul_Patch
I think it was an A6, but it looked like an older one. didnt look too remarkable.

nkdlunch
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
I call bullshit

especially on this: "one of the guys in the office said he was pretty sure he would be playing"

just saying.

this was the guy at the office

http://celticshub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/293-gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

kjhip1
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't know.

http://www.dollymix.tv/fagbug2.jpeg

urunobili
04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Manu will be back with a vengeance... I would bet money the Spurs will lose the first game without him...

wontstartdumbthreads
http://www.audi-quattro.org/gallery/audi/100rear.jpg

Nice Audi...for a Mercedes.

wontstartdumbthreads

errrr...I think.

ajballer4
This isnt even about Manu anymore. Its about cars:lol

kjhip1
04-14-2011, 03:44 PM

uhhh on the decal it says audi

Budkin
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I call bullshit

just saying.

What the fuck do you know? Soul_Patch was in the freaking office with them.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
uhhh on the decal it says audi

My bad. I'm a basketball expert anyway, not car expert.

kjhip1
04-14-2011, 03:46 PM

i thought the same thing tbh...had to look close..

Soul_Patch
I doubt much of the lower level staff in the office knows when the spurs players are even in the office, im sure they are rushed back, handled and rushed out. The guy who made the comment about him playing was a teenage looking Xray tech. Like i said, he was probably just talking out his ass, similar to speculators here...or he may have done his Xrays, hell i dont know. Thought it was cool, considering the brevity of the situation.

Obstructed_View

It's an Audi.

nkdlunch

now I'm more concerned about Manu being late for practice due to car trouble

jjktkk
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Don't know.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8417/thumbnailgd.jpg

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
It's an Audi.

No it's not.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 03:48 PM

There it is. You got one. :toast

in2deep
04-14-2011, 03:50 PM

Don't worry as long as we have Bonner in good old american muscle to save the day

kjhip1
Don't know.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx3fHKGP1iIDgMB3y5bILtQMbHr3G3j 8YKvcoXHf91YaplEAUl

in2deep

Kuestmaster
04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
good news, if manu is at least at 80% I think he will play

GrandeDavid
Where's the dang press release already!?

SanAntonioSpurs23
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx3fHKGP1iIDgMB3y5bILtQMbHr3G3j 8YKvcoXHf91YaplEAUl

:lol

Obstructed_View
04-14-2011, 03:53 PM

I :loled

I. Hustle
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Doesn't tony push Bimmers?

hater
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Tony pushes Barrys

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Good question, for some reason I thought he had a big SUV....

Sportcamper
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
How "scary" to be an NBA player in San Antonio…Poor guy cant even go to the doctor without the local stalkers watching his every move, taking cell phone photos & posting his whereabouts on the local forum…

That is why the best NBA players want to be in LA where they are just minor celebrities in the Land of Real Stars…

Morg1411
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
How freighting to be an NBA player in San Antonio…Poor guy cant even go to the doctor without the local stalkers watching his every move, taking cell phone photos & posting his whereabouts on the local forum…

That is why the best NBA players want to be in LA where they are just minor celebrities in the Land of Real Stars…

:sleep

sa_butta
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Good question, for some reason I thought he had a big SUV....
Escalade.

silverblk mystix
04-14-2011, 04:01 PM
How freighting to be an NBA player in San Antonio…Poor guy cant even go to the doctor without the local stalkers watching his every move, taking cell phone photos & posting his whereabouts on the local forum…

I guess FREIGHTING is L.A. lingo for-dumb fuck?

hater
04-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Joe Smith
Theo Rattlif
Steve Blake
Luke Walton
Shannon Brown
Derek Fisher
Matt Barnes

anonoftheinternets
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
didja offer up a hi-5?

sa_butta
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM

HCIzHbo1bts

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM

Yes, i had this whole thing planned to stalk him. Fucking sucks i had to blow out my ACL just to get this scoop, and break the news that manu was at practice, where he is every day he is not in a game... but he is MANU...i mean, it had to be done...

Cane
04-14-2011, 04:06 PM

nGe9jO8UvyQ

Dex
04-14-2011, 04:06 PM
HCIzHbo1bts

Compared to one guy reporting his opinions about probably the most important man in San Antonio on this date, with no indication that he ever bothered Manu or even was blase enough to snap a pic with his phone.

phxspurfan
04-14-2011, 04:08 PM

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1167/imagen2no8.jpg

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 04:09 PM

Compared to one guy reporting his opinions about probably the most important man in San Antonio on this date, with no indication that he ever bothered Manu or even was blase enough to snap a pic with his phone.

I forgot my phone in the truck...rofl...but it was probably too far away anyway. I was on the third floor in an exam room overlooking their parking lot. Only person i could have stalked or talked to would have been Will Sevening, he was standing outside the door to my exam room for a while chatting with the doctor, quietly...

beirmeistr
04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Assuming that this report is true, I am extremely relieved to hear that Manu is practicing his crossovers with his cell phone. I hope he can be back in uniform in one week.

Baseline
04-14-2011, 04:13 PM

...in LA, where Laker fans heads are so far up their own backsides that they think they're stars.

crc21209
04-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Chris and Jason just reported on ESPN 1250 The Zone that they are expecting a press release from the Spurs within the hour....

suitedkings
04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Nice i drive an A6. I dont wanna hear it haters.

Drachen
04-14-2011, 04:16 PM
A miata, duh!

Nope, A Cabriolet!

Muser
04-14-2011, 04:16 PM
fuuuuuu

Sportcamper
04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
...in LA, where Laker fans heads are so far up their own backsides that they think they're stars.

Baseline- I will always give out my autograph as long as the request does not interrupt my meal…I also will always pose for a photograph as long as the request is made politely…:toast

Drachen
04-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Cool, well I didn't know that the practice facility is near that dr. office. I live about two miles from there.

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Cool, well I didn't know that the practice facility is near that dr. office. I live about two miles from there.

Yep, the only two things on Spurs Lane. I was kinda stoked when i got referred there after hurting my knee.

Solid D
04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
How "scary" to be an NBA player in San Antonio…Poor guy cant even go to the doctor without the local stalkers watching his every move, taking cell phone photos & posting his whereabouts on the local forum…

:rollin

Los Angeles is Spanish for paparazzi.

Sportcamper
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Hater- You left off Trey Johnson ...

Baseline
04-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Baseline- I will always give out my autograph as long as the request does not interrupt my meal…I also will always pose for a photograph as long as the request is made politely…:toast

Congratulations on spending your time rooting for a reprehensible person like K. Bryant. Very commendable.

Meanwhile, this thread is about Manu Ginobili, a true hero and a person worthy of pulling for in every way.

JR3
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
one of the things I like about spurstalk... reading the eye witness random encounters. Good times.. thanks for sharing!

jag
04-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Sportcamper
04-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Dude- Everyone is pulling for Manu….He needs both arms to do the Euro Flop properly…

Solid D
04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
They just said on The Ticket 760 that Manu has a right elbow sprain and he is "doubtful" for Game 1.

Shifty
04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Stein’s tweet: Spurs just announced @manuginobili doubtful for Sunday’s Game 1 with sprained right elbow

wontstartdumbthreads
04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Assuming that this report is true, I am extremely relieved to hear that Manu is practicing his crossovers with his cell phone. I hope he can be back in uniform in one week.

Problem is he keeps dropping calls.

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
cool, yea, figured the Xray guy probably didnt know and was simply just talking. A sprain isnt that bad though, i would imagine that is a quick recovery.

jag
04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Dude- Everyone is pulling for Manu….He needs both arms to do the Euro Flop properly…

You're on fire. Don't stop now

Taco
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/ginobili_injury_update_110414

Manu Ginobili Doubtful For Game 1

http://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/story_page_standard_image/manu_ginobili.jpg

SAN ANTONIO (April 14, 2011) - Spurs guard Manu Ginobili had an MRI earlier today in San Antonio. The MRI showed that he has a right elbow sprain. The injury occurred in the first quarter of last night’s Spurs-Suns game. Ginobili has already begun his rehabilitation process and will be listed as doubtful for Game 1 of the Spurs-Grizzlies series, which is scheduled for noon on Sunday at the AT&T Center.

kjhip1
I wonder what grade the sprain is...

Blair420
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
What the fuck do you know? Soul_Patch was in the freaking office with them.
That may have been. But I just don't believe a Spurs' doctor/staff would actually give out that info to just some random dude. Or maybe that dude that said he would be playing, was just some random dude just bullshitting, as well.

Besides... how would he know, if the MRI results weren't in yet... hmm...

EDIT: *looks up and sees the results of MRI just posted*

I knew I was right.

Taco
04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I bet he plays game 1

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Makes you wonder how true these press releases are about the severity of things. I mean of course i was a ways away, but he didnt look like he had any trouble moving either arm. Just makes you wonder how much of that is put on for smoke screen purposes...

anyway...was a cool afternoon. Im off work and on my way to the Missions game...take it easy Spurs Talk.

Soul_Patch
04-14-2011, 04:40 PM
That may have been. But I just don't believe a Spurs' doctor/staff would actually give out that info to just some random dude. Or maybe that dude that said he would be playing, was just some random dude just bullshitting, as well.

Besides... how would he know, if the MRI results weren't in yet... hmm...

EDIT: *looks up and sees the results of MRI just posted*

I knew I was right.

I was more joking when i was asking staff about it, just to get a laugh...i had no intention of anyone actually saying anything...I went back for my Xray and told him i was busy watching Ginobili down in the parking lot get fit with an elbow brace...this young guy just said, "I think he is playing right?" then he changed the subject back to my xray. So to me, either a slip...or he was just speculating too.

Spursmania
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
I was more joking when i was asking staff about it, just to get a laugh...i had no intention of anyone actually saying anything...I went back for my Xray and told him i was busy watching Ginobili down in the parking lot get fit with an elbow brace...this young guy just said, "I think he is playing right?" then he changed the subject back to my xray. So to me, either a slip...or he was just speculating too.

Thanks Soul. Seems like the tech was right-- That could easily be interpreted as him meaning it wasn't a season ending injury which based on the news, it isn't.

We just don't know when he'll be back neither will anyone else since it depends on the progression of his rehab. He may be back sooner or later than what the docs think. It's great news he's not done for the season. :toast

tmtcsc
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice info!!!

Your signature photo is insane. What a body. The abs are a bit much but the rest is appetizing.

Mel_13
04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the early alert, Soul_Patch.

Whisky Dog
04-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Doubtful my ass. He's going in and he's going to kill some grizz.

maddnezz
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Your signature photo is insane. What a body. The abs are a bit much but the rest is appetizing.I concur....wow! If my woman was built like that.......she pobably wouldnt be my woman anymore! lol!

ducks
04-14-2011, 05:53 PM
spurs do not need manu to beat mem.
save him for round 2

phxspurfan
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I bet he plays game 1

That would be an awesome CIA move right there...

PublicOption
04-14-2011, 07:07 PM

Audi's are just superior cars. Live with it.

Kamala
04-14-2011, 07:53 PM
I've seen manu in a pretty nice maserati.

DMC
04-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Damn. No one answered "what does RJ drive?" with the 1980 White Walton comment? That's a classic and no one said it.