PDA

View Full Version : Damn, it's gonna be a war

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Those of you who missed out on Game 1 and 2 tickets, don't worry, this one will be going seven..

Let's get it on.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't know, one thing i got out of this series is that it doesn't take an amazing defense to kill Detroit's offense.

Sense
06-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Those of you who missed out on Game 1 and 2 tickets, don't worry, this one will be going seven..

Let's get it on.

It's hard to think it's going to seven when the shit's 2-3-2

1Parker1
Detroit's offense tends to go MIA during stretchs or during whole games---that is the time when Spurs should maximize and go on a run. Because Detroit has trouble playing defense when its offense isn't going on the other end.

Aggie Hoopsfan
The reason I think it's going to be tough is b/c Detroit has this refuse to die mentality, and the Spurs have always had a problem holding leads and closing things out.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:14 PM

Let's get it on.

7 REALLY MORE LIKE 5
PISTONS ARE GOING DOWN :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

RobinsontoDuncan
06-06-2005, 10:14 PM
True, but can they score any baskets against us....at all?

Sii
06-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Spurs in 6

no game 7

Det is tough...but nowhere near last year. There was times in the miami series they looked down right bad

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
The Pistons Look Bad Against The Pacers

midgetonadonkey
06-06-2005, 10:17 PM
The shitty Pacers and the Heat both drove them to seven. I think the Spurs are a far better team than both of those teams. I think it is over in 6, tops.

duncan_21
06-06-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm thinking spurs in 6, barring any major injuries. *knock on wood*

If det plays like they did against mia, the spurs will win the series.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Y'all all talk like our offense is some kind of juggernaut against good defenses. THere's going to be some ugly, ugly games in this series.

The team that breaks 60 the most in the series will win it.

E20
Oh, I get it. Ducks is afraid of the Pistons and would have the Spurs face the Heat than the Pistons.

reydawg
A war?

Please, Aggie. You have more respect for the military than that - I know you do.

That's the kind of ridiculous attitude espoused by KG and others in sports that is so inappropriate I don't know what else to write.

Say it's going to be tough. Say it's going to be hard fought. Say any number of overused sports cliches you'd like. But let's try to separate war/battle/military sacrifice and NBA basketball.

<end of rant>

And yes. This is going to be a brutal series. Go Spurs Go.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Dude, it's a fucking metaphor. Get over it.

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Dude, get over your signature already.

duncan_21
06-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Y'all all talk like our offense is some kind of juggernaut against good defenses. THere's going to be some ugly, ugly games in this series.

The team that breaks 60 the most in the series will win it.

As I look at the reg season we owned them the first game at home and took them to overtime w/ duncan playing 2 minutes at det.

And yes the spurs are very effective on offense, much better then det.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Oh, I get it. Ducks is afraid of the Pistons and would have the Spurs face the Heat than the Pistons.

DUDE IF I HAD MY WISH THE SPURS WOULD PLAY BOTH OF THEM

cqsallie
06-06-2005, 10:21 PM
The reason I think it's going to be tough is b/c Detroit has this refuse to die mentality, and the Spurs have always had a problem holding leads and closing things out.
I think that this has been proven pretty much a fallacy this year. Name me a game in the playoff series when the Spurs lay down and died in the fourth quarter... I'm thinking it's time to put this garbage to rest. The past is the past, the present has been a huge improvement on the past. The future, i.e.: the next Best of Seven will prove once and for all that the Spurs have the sticktoitiveness that wins championships.
I don't doubt for a moment that I'm correct, here! :smokin

1Parker1
06-06-2005, 10:24 PM

It really hurts me to say this, but.........I agree with Aggie! :depressed

Spurs offense looked great against the Suns because they play absolutely no defense--even they admit it themselves! As for all those who are arguing that Pistons barely beat the depleted Pacers----Spurs barely beat the depleted Sonics!! How soon you forget. Sonics played resemblence to defense, and Spurs got in trouble. They clogged the lanes, making it hard for Parker and Manu, Fortson and CO. played hard defense on Duncan which caused him to work hard, and if it weren't for that miraculous, but great play by Manu and Duncan at the end with 3 sec left, there would have been a game 7.

Not that I don't think Spurs can't win this. I'm just saying a lot of Spurs fans seem to be overly cocky after the whole Suns series.

boutons
I don't care about 5,6,7, but I absolutely want those first 2 W's at SBC. That would really put the Pistons in a deep hole, really knock down their confidence.

Going to DET with 1-1 would be very dangerous.

E20
:lol I'm just joking ducks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Dude, get over your signature already.

This from a man with a Malik Rose avatar.

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
spurs win in a sweep, this years pistons look crap then last years.

cqsallie
06-06-2005, 10:28 PM
A war?

Please, Aggie. You have more respect for the military than that - I know you do.

That's the kind of ridiculous attitude espoused by KG and others in sports that is so inappropriate I don't know what else to write.

Say it's going to be tough. Say it's going to be hard fought. Say any number of overused sports cliches you'd like. But let's try to separate war/battle/military sacrifice and NBA basketball.

<end of rant>

And yes. This is going to be a brutal series. Go Spurs Go.
This is absolutely ridiculous! War doesn't have to be fought in Iraq, you imbecile! Stop making such a big thing out of it! I echo AHF's sentiments: This is going to be a war! And I will echo you in saying, "Go! Spurs! Go! :elephant

Sense
06-06-2005, 10:29 PM
spurs win in a sweep, this years pistons look crap then last years.

This time I think whoever thinks this is gonna be a sweep is definately...

WRONG...

yeah...

Sii
06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
you think the Spurs offense will have trouble breakin 60? come the fuck on now. DET has a good defense but its not THAT good. SA's offense is pretty good. Miami had games where they had no problem scoring on Det. SA will too

Sense
06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
you think the Spurs offense will have trouble breakin 60? come the fuck on now. DET has a good defense but its not THAT good. SA's offense is pretty good. Miami had games where they had no problem scoring on Det. SA will too

We have never faced detroit defense in the playoffs..

Sure the offense is good.....

But not against an elite team in defense like detroit.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Spurs Will Own The Champs!

ducks
Spurs Will Run And Pistons Will Look Like Crap!

Aggie Hoopsfan
A lot of you are jaded by what we did to a team that thought defense was a four letter word (Phoenix).

We're playing our twin in this one.

cqsallie
06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
It really hurts me to say this, but.........I agree with Aggie! :depressed

Spurs offense looked great against the Suns because they play absolutely no defense--even they admit it themselves! As for all those who are arguing that Pistons barely beat the depleted Pacers----Spurs barely beat the depleted Sonics!! How soon you forget. Sonics played resemblence to defense, and Spurs got in trouble. They clogged the lanes, making it hard for Parker and Manu, Fortson and CO. played hard defense on Duncan which caused him to work hard, and if it weren't for that miraculous, but great play by Manu and Duncan at the end with 3 sec left, there would have been a game 7.

Not that I don't think Spurs can't win this. I'm just saying a lot of Spurs fans seem to be overly cocky after the whole Suns series.
I agree with you on the idea that the Spurs had a hard time knocking off the Sonics - even the Nuggets and the Suns. Sure it was hard, but dammit! The Spurs did it!!! Instead of worrying about the times that the Spurs played poorly, or seemed befuddled by the opposing team's "defense," we might do well to remember that, at the end of the night, the Spurs brought home the Western Conference title.
I'm not cocky about this. I like the matchup of the Pistons/Spurs. The Spurs are quicker than Miami, so if the Pistons have been lulled by the Shaq lurking under the basket, rather than defenders coming out, it will be all that much better for us.
The Spurs are a pretty damned good team. What's wrong with recognizing that? :smokin

Sii
06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
We have never faced detroit defense in the playoffs..

Sure the offense is good.....

But not against an elite team in defense like detroit.
thinking SA wont score as easy as they did against the suns is one thing. Thinking SA will get shut down and struggle to break 60 is just stupid. There was times Miami scored at ease against Det in this series

Det is a tough matchup....but there is no reason to think SA will be "lucky" if they win the series

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Spurs Should Score Between 80-90
If They Do That They Will Destroy These Fools!

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Tp,duncan And Manu Had 8 Days To Watch The Pistons D
They Will Kill It And Make These Pistons Look Like They Belong In The Weak East

MiNuS
06-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Spurs practice defense on themselves.Spurs have the best defense in the league.Played mostly against west teams.Teams that CAN score.

uuuuuuuuummmmm.

Yes Spurs in 6

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Billups is shooting 62% against Parker. Wow.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Spurs Can Win If One Piston Goes Off
(amare Went Off And Spurs Won)

mookie2001
06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
some of yall are giving det a little too much cred
they are the best team in the east, but we've got them covered at every position less center plus the benches are not even close

spurs in 5
in 6 if the refs take over the series or duncan gets taken in the rapture

FearDaFro
06-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Nice Laker-eque attitude in here. They underestimated us too....

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2005, 10:53 PM
we've got them covered at every position less center plus the benches are not even close

Billups has owned Parker every time they've played, he's shooting something like 60% against him for his career.

Who gets to chase Rasheed around the 3 pt. line, Tim or Nazr, and do you really think whoever it is will keep up?

TwoHandJam
06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
I say Spurs in 6 but if for some reason we drop one of the first two at home then I think it's going to 7 and anything can happen. I still like our chances in game seven given HCA though. We are not the Heat.

Whether this series goes 6 or 7 depends a lot on how Parker plays against Billups. He probably won't guard Billups well but if he stays aggressive and matches his output, we shouldn't have too many problems.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
How Are The Pistons Going To Score More Then 60 Points
Even If Rasheed Hits A Few Threes

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I say Spurs in 6 but if for some reason we drop one of the first two at home then I think it's going to 7 and anything can happen. I still like our chances in game seven given HCA though. We are not the Heat.

THE HEAT WERE NOT HEALTHY IF THEY WOULD THEY WOULD HAVE ROCKED THE PISTONS GUTS OUT

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry Pistons fans, Spurs actually have a real starting center this season...

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
THE HEAT WERE NOT HEALTHY IF THEY WOULD THEY WOULD HAVE ROCKED THE PISTONS GUTS OUT
I'm sick of excuses. Miami lost and that is that. Wade choked and Billups is clutch.

Sii
06-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Nice Laker-eque attitude in here. They underestimated us too....

dont expect the Spurs to show up thinking they can just roll the ball out and win the series. Pop wont let that happen...esp against Det and his mentor.

You are not playing LA of last year

Spurodamus
http://members.aol.com/blackrose3000/images/negrodamus.jpg

ducks makes illegal drug use seem acceptable

FearDaFro
I'm sick of excuses. Miami lost and that is that. Wade choked and Billups is clutch.

Agreed......

you can tell some of these guys have LOTS of experience with excuses...

its sad, really.

TwoHandJam
06-06-2005, 11:01 PM
dont expect the Spurs to show up thinking they can just roll the ball out and win the series. Pop wont let that happen...esp against Det and his mentor.

You are not playing LA of last yearAnd I would add the Pistons are not the Pistons of last year either. They look beatable. I'm not sure the Pistons pull this one out if Wade is healthy.

beirmeistr
06-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I think the Spurs have an excellent opportunity against the Pistons. The defenses are about the same but the Spurs offense is explosive. They could bury the Pistons with some good scoring spurts now and then. Th Pistons are hotheaded and will have a tendency to have foul trouble--the Wallaces. I think Duncan and Mohammed will do weell against the Wallaces. Spurs in 5 or 6.

TheAdmiral#50
May the best team win! As for me, I hope it's us. This series will be tight and I think it will come down to seven games. GO SPURS GO!

ducks
Agreed......

you can tell some of these guys have LOTS of experience with excuses...

its sad, really.

I DO NOT USE EXCUSES WHEN SPURS LOSE
YOU BETTER NOT USE EXCUSES WHEN THE PISTONS LOOK LIKE JV AGAINST VARISTY :smokin

mookie2001
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Billups has owned Parker every time they've played, he's shooting something like 60% against him for his career.

Who gets to chase Rasheed around the 3 pt. line, Tim or Nazr, and do you really think whoever it is will keep up?

thats pretty good for chauncey, but his drives will be taken away and he'll be forced to shoot jumpers, he can put up nashlike numbers and it wont mean shit

and horry can defend rasheed in the clutch, he's very familar with him

FearDaFro
06-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I DO NOT USE EXCUSES WHEN SPURS LOSE
YOU BETTER NOT USE EXCUSES WHEN THE PISTONS LOOK LIKE JV AGAINST VARISTY :smokin

I never once have blamed anyone but the players for losing.

I don't blame luck, bad calls, and I don't look to excuse everything.

Detroit went into Miami, got SHAFTED on the calls, but proved agaian that PLAYERS win games, not refs.

In the end, the tougher team always wins.

blaming the refs are for losers. I'm not a loser.

FearDaFro
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I'd also like to add that sheed plays duncan better than just about ANYBODY.

mookie2001
06-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Det would have been beaten by denver, seattle and phx, shit houston and dallas too
they could have beaten memphis though

FearDaFro
06-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Det would have been beaten by denver, seattle and phx, shit houston and dallas too
they could have beaten memphis though

I smell trophy envy.

....and who did you manage to lose to last year?

Oh yeah, the same team we SMOKED in 5 games.

ducks
06-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd also like to add that sheed plays duncan better than just about ANYBODY.

TOO BAD THAT TP AND MANU ARE BETTER THIS YEAR THEN LAST AND MANU WAS A ALLSTAR :fro

ducks
06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Suns Would Have Rolled The Pistons

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I smell ass and Mad Dog. Be gone.

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:10 PM
I smell trophy envy.

Not exactly the same after Evil busted his knee, but whatever makes you feel better.

mookie2001
I smell trophy envy.

thats cool man i think Det is in for a rude awakening after playing all those fairyass eastern teams

FearDaFro
Suns Would Have Rolled The Pistons

Miami would have rolled the Spurs :p

You might have beaten Philly, though.

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
You're seriously smoking something if you think this one is going to be easy.

If you've been watching carefully for the last few years, you've undoubtedly noted a few things that are true:

1. Tony Parker struggles on both ends against big, strong guards.

2. Manu Ginobili is a good, but not a great jumpshooter. He's best when he's penetrating.

3. There are actually a few guys in the NBA who defend Tim Duncan well.

4. Neither Rasho Nesterovic nor Nazr Mohammed is a consistent offensive force and each struggles to rebound against big bodied rebounders.

5. The Spurs score well and easily against poor defensive teams, but stagnate and struggle against teams that don't have to double the post.

Now, as it relates to this series, how do those things come into play?

1. The Pistons have a big, strong guard who has largely dominated Tony Parker in head-to-head matchups. CHECK.

2. Like the Lakers last year, and better than the Nuggets or Sonics could (based on personnel) the Pistons should be able to effectively clog the lane and deny penetration to Manu, turning him mostly into a jump shooter in half court sets. CHECK

3. Rasheed Wallace has, throughout his career, defended Tim Duncan better than any player in the NBA. In their only playoff matchup (1999 WCF), Wallace held Duncan to under 17 ppg and under 10 rpg. CHECK.

4. With the bruisers the Pistons have in the paint (Ben Wallace, Elden Campbell, etc) Nazr and Rasho are going to have to hold their own on the glass or they will be, essentially negated and very easily. CHECK

5. Detroit's bigs are good enough that they won't have to double Tim on the block. And Larry Brown has shown that he is unwilling to double dominant bigs in the post except in the most dire circumstances. That means no doubles on Tim; that means no open looks at 3 from the perimeter (or very few) unless the Spurs really move the ball. They've not shown a consistent willingness to do that on a regular basis. CHECK.

I'm not saying that the Spurs are done or won't win; but I am saying that this series has the potential to be ridiculously tight.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Here is a crazy idea. Put Parker on Hamilton and Ginobili or Bowen on Billups.

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Problem is, Detroit actually has to try to score the rock against the Spurs. Detroit's offense is quite often painfully inept at doing so against any team, let alone the best defensive unit in the National Basketball Association.

FearDaFro
06-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Here is a crazy idea. Put Parker on Hamilton and Ginobili or Bowen on Billups.

There would be nothing left of parker by halftime after all those screens....

timvp
06-06-2005, 11:16 PM

If you've been watching carefully for the last few years, you've undoubtedly noted a few things that are true:

2. Manu Ginobili is a good, but not a great jumpshooter. He's best when he's penetrating.

4. Neither Rasho Nesterovic nor Nazr Mohammed is a consistent offensive force and each struggles to rebound against big bodied rebounders.

5. The Spurs score well and easily against poor defensive teams, but stagnate and struggle against teams that don't have to double the post.

1. The Pistons have a big, strong guard who has largely dominated Tony Parker in head-to-head matchups. CHECK.

2. Like the Lakers last year, and better than the Nuggets or Sonics could (based on personnel) the Pistons should be able to effectively clog the lane and deny penetration to Manu, turning him mostly into a jump shooter in half court sets. CHECK

3. Rasheed Wallace has, throughout his career, defended Tim Duncan better than any player in the NBA. In their only playoff matchup (1999 WCF), Wallace held Duncan to under 17 ppg and under 10 rpg. CHECK.

4. With the bruisers the Pistons have in the paint (Ben Wallace, Elden Campbell, etc) Nazr and Rasho are going to have to hold their own on the glass or they will be, essentially negated and very easily. CHECK

5. Detroit's bigs are good enough that they won't have to double Tim on the block. And Larry Brown has shown that he is unwilling to double dominant bigs in the post except in the most dire circumstances. That means no doubles on Tim; that means no open looks at 3 from the perimeter (or very few) unless the Spurs really move the ball. They've not shown a consistent willingness to do that on a regular basis. CHECK.

I'm not saying that the Spurs are done or won't win; but I am saying that this series has the potential to be ridiculously tight.

FWD knows the deal.

timvp
But if the Spurs come out clicking on all cylinders, they'll be fine.

Kori Ellis
I agree with FWD's assessment and I think the games will be close (just like in the Suns series) but I still think the Spurs win in Five.

ducks
06-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Problem is, Detroit actually has to try to score the rock against the Spurs. Detroit's offense is quite often painfully inept at doing so against any team, let alone the best defensive unit in the National Basketball Association.

NO KIDDING THE SPURS DO NOT NEED TO PUT A 100 ON THE BOARD IN ORDER TO WIN
THEY ARE PLAYING THE PISTONS NOT THE SUNS :elephant :smokin :fro :hat

FearDaFro
06-06-2005, 11:18 PM
None of you guys even mentioned the fact that Prince basically ate you alive the last game....

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Remember what happened a second after this picture was taken, Piston fan?

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/spurs_lead_050607.jpg

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Hopefully Detroit can get a second championship but I don't see it happening against a tenacious Spurs team.

ducks
06-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Prince Is Playing Like He Belongs In The Weak East
He Will Get Punked By Manu

FromWayDowntown
I agree with FWD's assessment and I think the games will be close (just like in the Suns series) but I still think the Spurs win in Five.

Glad to know I'm not crazy!!

I'm not willing to go Spurs in five, but I also can see this becoming a short series if one team or the other takes a couple of close games and seizes some momentum. I take solace in the fact that the Spurs were able to win here, despite Billups' amazing 4th quarter (18 points, IIRC), and to battle in Detroit even without Timmy and mostly without Manu. If the Spurs can get the first two, I'd think they'll get at least 1 in Detroit and have a chance to close out in either Game 5 or Game 6.

That said, I could also see Detroit seizing momentum early on and making this a short series, too. I'm not hoping for that, but I could definitely see it happening.

SPARKY
None of you guys even mentioned the fact that Prince basically ate you alive the last game....

Yes, we know you need TD out of the series to win.

mookie2001
so wallace once held duncan 6 years ago

anyway im not scoffing Det, theyre just not as good as seattle or phx in my opinion
any nba finals is not going to be easy, i wish i was smoking some stuff though

NameDropper
06-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Spurs in seven great games.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2005, 11:23 PM
The Pistons pose a lot of matchup problems for the Spurs -- but on the flipside, the Spurs do the same to the Pistons. There are going to be hard-fought games, but it will come down to poise and execution. The Spurs have done a great job executing in fourth quarters for most of the postseason. The Pistons have floundered in that area somewhat. The games will be close, but the Spurs will prevail in five.

TwoHandJam
06-06-2005, 11:28 PM

If you've been watching carefully for the last few years, you've undoubtedly noted a few things that are true: All very good points but here are some rebuttals

1. Tony Parker struggles on both ends against big, strong guards.Like Marbury, yes who is strong yet also quick. Billups is not quick and can not stay in front of Parker. If Tony is smart, he can still cause trouble with his penetration-and-dish. Also, Manu handles the ball for stretches now letting Tony play off-guard. This could be trouble for the Pistons.

2. Manu Ginobili is a good, but not a great jumpshooter. He's best when he's penetrating.I've never really seen any team shut down Manu's penetration and the Pistons are no exception. I believe he even had a decent series against last year's Lakers.

3. There are actually a few guys in the NBA who defend Tim Duncan well. True, Rasheed plays Tim well but his temper could be a factor this year as he has been taken out of his game more than ever this postseason. Tim also has a much better offensive threat to dish to in Nazr now.

4. Neither Rasho Nesterovic nor Nazr Mohammed is a consistent offensive force and each struggles to rebound against big bodied rebounders. I agree this could be a problem but I see Horry logging more time in this series than Rasho. He can rebound well when he wants to.

5. The Spurs score well and easily against poor defensive teams, but stagnate and struggle against teams that don't have to double the post.This happened to some extent during the Seattle series but the Spurs still put up decent offensive number and Tim was quite hobbled. I think they'll fare better in that respect this year with a better offense.

I'm not saying that the Spurs are done or won't win; but I am saying that this series has the potential to be ridiculously tight.Agreed.

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:29 PM
I think Detroit's offense tends to be overrated in this forum. Their D certainly will enable them to make things tight but I think they will struggle a little bit more than the Spurs will on the offensive end.

mrpach
06-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Detroits defense is based on great individual defensive players, while spurs defense is more based on a great defensive scheme, of course besides the individuals :p . I think that if the spurs find an adecuate matchup they can break pistons defense...mabe using big dog and manu at the same time.
I think Spurs ofense is been underrated a little. Theyre very complete. While pistons offense has holes
Pistons offense doesnt has a post threat and the only 3pt real shooter is billups been wallace a 30 % shooter

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:47 PM
This is a series tailor made for GRobinson to step up and steal the spotlight.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
This is a series tailor made for GRobinson to step up and steal the spotlight.

I've thought, all along, that Big Dog has a chance to be a factor in a series with Detroit. He's big and strong enough to get a shot off in traffic, and the Spurs are going to need that kind of play in halfcourt sets. I'd suspect that the Spurs have spent some time in the last few days dusting cobwebs off of Big Dog and Rasho.

I just wish Devin Brown was healthy. He had a wonderful game at Detroit this season and could have made a difference in this series.

duncan_21
06-07-2005, 10:33 AM

I have to counter some of your claims here

1. Billups didn't largely own parker, it's more of a wash. Urdrih is good for 15 minutes if det clogs the lane with his 3 pt shooting.

2. agreed, and if the spurs are hittin 3's believe that he will be effective in the lane

3. sheed ds up td pretty good but td of the last 3 years is different then a young 99 duncan

4. They did a good enough job against den and sea and who are det's big bodied big men? wallace at 6-6 or sheed sittin at the 3 pt line ? And if elden is out there we'll send out horry who will face him up and btw horry's pretty good at hittin the boards.

5. Detroit has to score too. w/out duncan and manu managed 100pts in ot. If they don't double td I foresse foul trouble and another td finals mvp.

With all that said spurs in 6.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
One thing to consider is that Robinson can match up physically with Prince.

Yep, definitely hope that Devin can play some in this series.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Nice Laker-eque attitude in here. They underestimated us too

Actually Fro...if you check the majority of threads...they are pretty respectful of the Pistons.

As far as who smoked who last year...its irrelevant because it all different this year. If you have to revert to "last year" smack....you are not as smart as I thought.

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
thats cool man i think Det is in for a rude awakening after playing all those fairyass eastern teams

and you beat the fools gold Nuggets WOW!!
struggled against the injury depleted Sonic Hedgehogs WOW again!!
and beat a paper tiger and the worst defensive team in the nba
Phoenix Puns while making Stoudamire look like the best player to ever put on a basketball uniform!! I'm impressed!! :elephant :lol :elephant

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Phoenix Puns while making Stoudamire look like the best player to ever put on a basketball uniform!! I'm impressed!! :elephant :lol :elephant

We beat the hottest team in the NBA, in one of the hardest arenas in the NBA.

We beat the Sonics..the 3rd best team in the nba...your pistons were the 5th.

We beat the Suns, and amare's number apparently didn't mean shit.. no one owned them this season quite like us..

You are stupid.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2005, 08:36 PM
You beat the sixers!! WOW!!
You struggled against the Pacers!!!WOW AGAIN!!!
You struggled against the injury depleted Miami Heat!!! I'm impressed! :elephant

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:38 PM
We beat the hottest team in the NBA, in one of the hardest arenas in the NBA.

We beat the Sonics..the 3rd best team in the nba...your pistons were the 5th.

We beat the Suns, and amare's number apparently didn't mean shit.. no one owned them this season quite like us..

You are stupid.

yeah, and if I took your brain and put it in a gnats bu tt, it'd be like puttin a bb in a boxcar... :lol :lol :idiot :idiot

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
You beat the sixers!! WOW!!
You struggled against the Pacers!!!WOW AGAIN!!!
You struggled against the injury depleted Miami Heat!!! I'm impressed! :elephant

Wow, imitating my post, how flattering!! :elephant :blah :elephant :blah
Ever come up with an original posting? :elephant :blah :elephant :blah

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 08:41 PM

And you guys played the 76ers. Struggled to beat a team missing 1 starter and a player in his late 30s. than played a team with 1 starter at 90% health and squeezed through when another starter go injured.

See I can play jerk fan demeaning another team's victories as well.

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:42 PM
yeah, and if I took your brain and put it in a gnats bu tt, it'd be like puttin a bb in a boxcar... :lol :lol :idiot :idiot

lol this is a funny post by a detroit fan.. he isnt trying to make an argument but insult now.

Expected since you can't say shit about what I just said.

Who's the idiot?

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Wow, imitating my post, how flattering!! :elephant :blah :elephant :blah
Ever come up with an original posting? :elephant :blah :elephant :blah

hahahahahahaahahahaha if a moron doesn't get what you did..what else can you do?

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
And you guys played the 76ers. Struggled to beat a team missing 1 starter and a player in his late 30s. than played a team with 1 starter at 90% health and squeezed through when another starter go injured.

See I can play jerk fan demeaning another team's victories as well.

Well ya moronic jerk puss fan, I was respondin' to the idiot Spurs fans demeaning!!! :idiot :lol :blah :idiot :rollin :rollin

Sense
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Well ya moronic jerk puss fan, I was respondin' to the idiot Spurs fans demeaning!!! :idiot :lol :blah :idiot :rollin :rollin

Wow you can tell you are dealing with an immature fan when you overuse the smileys to try to insult.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
The Spurs are going to run the Pistons asses right out of the Gym.

theballaplaya
06-07-2005, 10:18 PM
The Spurs are going to run the Pistons asses right out of the Gym.

Oh no you didn't........