PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Marion playoff predictor thread

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Last year Marion was doing next to nothing when the playoffs started due to Caron Butler's emergence and his shit play during the regular season, so while he sucked in the playoffs last year his team wasn't expecting much from him.

This year he's Dallas's 3rd option and has a major role going into the playoffs. It will be hard for Dallas to win with Marion contributing anything, but we know how Shawn using it is when it comes to April and May.

Post your Shawn Marion playoff stat predictions here :cheer:cheer:cheer
8.6 points, 41.7% shooting, 5.2 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 0.4 blocks

Halberto
04-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Huh?

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Post your fuckin Shawn Marion playoff statline prediction here. We all know he's gonna choke and give Dallas less production than they need from him the question his HOW MUCH less?

badfish22
04-14-2011, 06:37 PM

:lol I hope to god you're wrong.

Zelophehad
04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm just glad Bruce Bowen retired. Dirty player or not, he owned the fuck out of Marion.

rayjayjohnson
04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow, you really get butthurt over ex suns, don't you?

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm just glad Bruce Bowen retired. Dirty player or not, he owned the fuck out of Marion.

If Dallas beats Portland and plays LA in the 2nd round, you'll see Bowen's ownage of Marion pales in comparison to Odom's ownage of Marion. Granted shutting Marion down was all Bowen was supposed to do, Odom dominates Marion on both ends of the court.

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Yeah, I'm butthurt over Amare and Joe Johnson, I obviously hate both of them.

rayjayjohnson
04-14-2011, 06:42 PM
You constantly complain about every other sun.

To be fair, you probably should be butthurt about Joe Johnson. Wasted talent.

Bito Corleone
04-14-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't think he'll be quite as bad as you do, KO, but pretty close.

10.4 pts
45.2% fg
0.9 asst
5.6 rbs
.5 blk

Axe Murderer
04-14-2011, 07:49 PM
You constantly complain about every other sun.

To be fair, you probably should be butthurt about Joe Johnson. Wasted talent.

its called sarcasm you stupid fuck

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Last year Marion was doing next to nothing when the playoffs started due to Caron Butler's emergence and his shit play during the regular season, so while he sucked in the playoffs last year his team wasn't expecting much from him.

This year he's Dallas's 3rd option and has a major role going into the playoffs. It will be hard for Dallas to win with Marion contributing anything, but we know how Shawn using it is when it comes to April and May.

Post your Shawn Marion playoff stat predictions here :cheer:cheer:cheer

Damn! It must sucking being you bruh :lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-14-2011, 08:01 PM

:lol

Ghazi
04-14-2011, 08:22 PM
lol butthurt DoK

Marion will outplay Wallace in the series. :)

Greg Oden
04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I say we predict Suns players playoff statlines instead, imo.

Yeah, I'm butthurt over Amare and Joe Johnson, I obviously hate both of them.

It took you long enough to come around on Amare.

lil_penny
04-14-2011, 09:14 PM

Ghazi
04-14-2011, 09:15 PM
It's not that outlandish..

Greg Oden
04-14-2011, 09:15 PM

u mad bro. ghazi has spoken.

lil_penny
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
lord ghazi is usually right imo. I just dont think Marion will outplay Wallace..

Ghazi
04-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Mavs are 52-13 when Dirk/Tyson play this year

FkLA
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
look at this fag using some gay ass cheerleader smilies :lol

FkLA
04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
DoK, are u one of those homos that uses gay smilies when IM'ing ur bf's during AIM chats?

rayjayjohnson
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
its called sarcasm you stupid fuck

No shit.

You do realize who the stupid fuck is, don't you?

No, of course you don't

Lefty's understudy
04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
DoK, are u one of those homos that uses gay smilies when IM'ing ur bf's during AIM chats?

Omg soooooo funny :rollin:rollin:rollin

Lefty's understudy
04-14-2011, 09:43 PM
DoK's posting career probably won't see many more Suns rise after det one

frodo
04-14-2011, 09:51 PM
i'd rather take the lakers instead of blazers in the 1st round tbh. lakers also been playin pretty bad recently, and the mavs know the achilles tendon of the lakers. odom dat nig can be really good sometimes but dat only happens every 4-5 games imho. kobe is rather old hes not anymore the player he used to be, doing nothing but jackin-up shots. pau be dat real threat imo, if the lakers could win it against this year it would be mainly owed to pau's effort imho

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
It's not that outlandish..

Marion outplaying anyone in the playoffs is outlandish.

Kyle Orton
04-14-2011, 11:00 PM

:lmao:lmao someone is mad. You probably do actually text guys smilie faces and exclamation points.

Zelophehad
04-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Marion will outplay Wallace in the series

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 08:13 AM

:tu

Nobody closes us out Ghazi.

Nobody

jag
04-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Huh?

Post your fuckin Shawn Marion playoff statline prediction here.

el oh el

jag
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
There are going to be times when Terry shrivels up and Marion becomes the 2nd option. That's going to be hard to watch.

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 11:14 AM
There are going to be times when Terry shrivels up and Marion becomes the 2nd option. That's going to be hard to watch.

huh?

Barea would be the 3rd option, not Marion

jag
04-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I love me some JJ Barea

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 11:16 AM
as much as we all love to take a giant shit on Barea, for better or worse, he's definitely the best guy on the team who can create his own shot (after Dirk of course).

jag
04-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Were you actually being serious about Barea as the second option?

stretch
04-15-2011, 11:20 AM

tbqh, Marion has actually developed a pretty decent post game, and is actually capable of creating his own shot now. not saying its something that the Mavs should rely on consistently, but he definitely will be drawing some attention, which should help Dirk out a bit.

the key for the Mavs is to find a way to exploit teams when they double and trap Marion and Terry, which the Spurs did a lot of last year, leading to a lot of bad offensive posessions for the Mavs. they already know how to deal with Dirk getting all the extra attention, but they seemed pretty lost when the Spurs decided to guard Dirk straight up, and pressure the other guys. This may be where having guys like Chandler and Haywood will really benefit the team, centers who are actually capable of making teams pay, unlike Dampier. Chandlers athletic ability/mid-range jumper, and Haywoods ability to catch, make a move, and finish strong at the hoop will be nice additions for playoff basketball. Hopefully they Mavs will actually utilize them.

stretch
04-15-2011, 11:24 AM
as much as we all love to take a giant shit on Barea, for better or worse, he's definitely the best guy on the team who can create his own shot (after Dirk of course).

Barea definitely gets hated on too much. If I had to choose between him or Terry, i'll take Barea all day long. Barea's problem isnt a lack of skills, heart, or ability by any means (unlike Terry who cant handle the ball for crap, really cant do anything but shoot, and is streaky at that. he has no guts when he is needed most, and isnt very quick anymore). Barea is actually a very skilled offensive player, and is good at staying in front of his man on defense, and always gives it his all when on the court. He is just too short, so he gets trapped more easily by defenses, and can be taken advantage of with guys who post him up then shoot over him.

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Were you actually being serious about Barea as the second option?

I said he'd be the third option behind Dirk and Terry. 2nd best at creating his own shot (which speaks more about how much the Mavs lack scoring options then Barea's actual game).

Yes, I'd rather him have the ball in his hands then Marion. Marion has two moves on offense. A very ineffective crossover followed by that running floater, or just back his guy down as far as he can and do that same attempt at a hook shot over his left shoulder everytime.

jag
04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
tbqh, Marion has actually developed a pretty decent post game, and is actually capable of creating his own shot now. not saying its something that the Mavs should rely on consistently, but he definitely will be drawing some attention, which should help Dirk out a bit.

the key for the Mavs is to find a way to exploit teams when they double and trap Marion and Terry, which the Spurs did a lot of last year, leading to a lot of bad offensive posessions for the Mavs. they already know how to deal with Dirk getting all the extra attention, but they seemed pretty lost when the Spurs decided to guard Dirk straight up, and pressure the other guys. This may be where having guys like Chandler and Haywood will really benefit the team, centers who are actually capable of making teams pay, unlike Dampier. Chandlers athletic ability/mid-range jumper, and Haywoods ability to catch, make a move, and finish strong at the hoop will be nice additions for playoff basketball. Hopefully they Mavs will actually utilize them.

Marion's post game isn't as bad as you'd think, it looked pretty good against Houston and he usually spreads doo all over bonner's face whenever they play the Spurs.

The problem with guys like marion, chandler and barea carrying the offensive load for stretches during the game is you can't rely on them. It would be like the Spurs having to rely on guys like Hill and RJ to carry the offense for portions of the game. I think Hill and RJ will contribute but it will be because Duncan, Parker and Ginobili require so much attention. Even still, the spurs don't go out there hoping RJ or Hill will carry them, the Mavs are not so lucky.

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 11:34 AM
I said he'd be the third option behind Dirk and Terry. 2nd best at creating his own shot (which speaks more about how much the Mavs lack scoring options then Barea's actual game).

The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be opposed to Dirk jacking up 70 shots a game in the playoffs. Literally 70 shots a game. Quadruple-teamed Dirk throwing up a shot is still a better option than trying to watch Jet or Barea do fucking anything.

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 11:37 AM
now I spy 2 dumbasses

Marion's hook shot is legit, brah. The problem is that he usually has to dribble himself into position down low to use it.

sribb43
04-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Marion = FAIL....nothing to predict, we've seen this story before

stretch
04-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Marion's post game isn't as bad as you'd think, it looked pretty good against Houston and he usually spreads doo all over bonner's face whenever they play the Spurs.

Nope, its not that bad at all, especially when off-ball screens are set and he gets to have a mismatch, he will win it 90% of the time.

The problem with guys like marion, chandler and barea carrying the offensive load for stretches during the game is you can't rely on them. It would be like the Spurs having to rely on guys like Hill and RJ to carry the offense for portions of the game. I think Hill and RJ will contribute but it will be because Duncan, Parker and Ginobili require so much attention. Even still, the spurs don't go out there hoping RJ or Hill will carry them, the Mavs are not so lucky.

Yeah, its definitely hard to have to rely on them, but as long as they can keep from allowing the opposing team from going on too much of a run for the 6-10 minutes that Dirk is out of the game, they should be fine. Perhaps this is where having Peja backing Dirk up can really help, because of the way he can stretch the floor and take a bigger defender out of the middle and take a lot of pressure off of everyone else. Hard to say though. It will be interesting to see the lineups Carlisle runs out there this time.

I'm just really happy though that he has finally gone back to starting Stevenson. I've been saying for a while that they need to run out there with a strong defensive starting unit, and set a physical tone early, like they did early in the season. Doing so will allow Dirk to get in a rhythm right away, and more importantly, allow the team as a whole to play more physical all game long. Ever since Caron and Stevenson left the starting unit, you can see a lot more touch fouls being called on the team, Chandler in particular, because they dont set that physical tone early.

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I've been saying for a while that they need to run out there with a strong defensive starting unit, and set a physical tone early, like they did early in the season.

I agree, Stevenson needs to get as much PT as possible in the playoffs.

Like Barkley said, most championship teams have that crazy guy that's not afraid to mix it up

stretch
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree, Stevenson needs to get as much PT as possible in the playoffs.

Like Barkley said, most championship teams have that crazy guy that's not afraid to mix it up

Agreed. He needs to definitely be getting 15-20 minutes a game.

jag
04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
now I spy 2 dumbasses

I'm a dumbass for saying "Marion's post game isn't as bad as you'd think"?

2010-2011

Rim - 9ft FG% = 57.8%

Attempts/game (Rim - 9ft) = 7.8

Attempts/game %(Rim - 9ft) = 74.29%

This season Marion is averaging 12.5 ppg while shooting 52% from the field. From a range of 0-9 feet from the rim he is shooting 57.8%. 74.29% of all his shots come from a range of 0-9 feet from the rim.

His post game isn't as bad as you'd think.

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
:lmao you've gotta be kidding me, this is fucking rich

I screamed bloody murder whenever carlisle took him out of the lineup, said he was more important to our success than people realized.

You all told me he was a scrub, defense was overrated, and he needed no more than 10 minutes per game

wtf? I never said that.

I was saying the whole time if we'd have a chance at beating elite teams like the Lakers, Marion/Stevenson would have to play as much as possible.

tbh, if we start Marion and Stevenson we have a pretty physical lineup on the floor.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Marion has done a respectable job of guarding Kobe in the past...not sure about Stevenson, but he's got the rep as a solid defender and usually accepts the challenge to guard the other team's ace....just like he used to in the Wiz-Cavs matchups in the past.

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5133162#post5133162

Stevenson needs to get alot of PT in the playoffs even if he takes the most retarded shots in the world. He brings some much needed toughness on D

stretch
04-15-2011, 11:58 AM

I screamed bloody murder whenever carlisle took him out of the lineup, said he was more important to our success than people realized.

You all told me he was a scrub, defense was overrated, and he needed no more than 10 minutes per game

I don't know if I personally said that or not, although I do know he had been in a bit of a slump there for a bit right before he was pulled.

But I have been saying all year, that Roddy is better off the bench, and I would rather the starting lineup have been Stevenson and Peja. Although considering how well Marion has been playing, I would rather him be in the starting lineup, and have Peja be backup to Dirk so that he can provide a similar presence in taking opposing forwards out of the paint.

stretch
04-15-2011, 11:59 AM

And I do recall YOU being the one saying every other fucking post that Roddy would be an 18ppg scorer.

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
wtf? I never said that.

I was saying the whole time if we'd have a chance at beating elite teams like the Lakers, Marion/Stevenson would have to play as much as possible.

tbh, if we start Marion and Stevenson we have a pretty physical lineup on the floor.

pretty tall/long lineup too, tbh.

Kidd 6'4
Stevenson 6'5
Marion 6'7 (ridiculously long arms)
Dirk 7'0
Chandler 7'1

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 12:02 PM
If we roll out there with a starting lineup of Kidd, Stevenson, Marion, Dirk, and Chandler that's a pretty tough group on defense with the exception of Dirk.

Stevenson/Chandler/Marion will all mix it up on defense and Kidd is your classic, old guy, cheap shot artist when he has to be

sribb43
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM
If we roll out there with a starting lineup of Kidd, Stevenson, Marion, Dirk, and Chandler that's a pretty tough group on defense with the exception of Dirk.

Stevenson/Chandler/Marion will all mix it up on defense and Kidd is your classic, old guy, cheap shot artist when he has to be

Yes that is a good D lineup but if Portland doubles Dirk, the mavs O will be putrid

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes that is a good D lineup but if Portland doubles Dirk, the mavs O will be putrid

Meh, if I had to choose between mediocre offense to start games with strong defense, or a decent offense to start games with shit defense, ill take the former all fucking day. The tone being set is the purpose of running out there with that kind of a lineup. The Mavs gotta let people know they will get physical and tough with opponents right off the bat, and show the refs they are going to play a physical game, so that way they will allow Chandler to be able to shut down the paint like he was doing early in the season, and hasnt been allowed to do as much of lately because of ticky-tack fouls being called on him, because the Mavs keep beginning games with shitty defensive lineups.

The Lakers do the same thing with starting Bynum and Artest, even though Odom is a better player than both, and will always be on the floor in the closing minutes of close games over one of those guys. Having the two of them out there sets that physical tone that allows them to play a physical game all night long, and get away with more fouls.

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I'll take brewer's defense (hell, I'll even take brewer's offense) over Stevenson's any day.

Stevenson's street nigga reputation is still valuable, only because he should have free reign to go beat the shit out of the first guy to flagrant Dirk, ensuring that nobody else in the playoffs fucks with Dirk, lest they receive the wrath of Lincoln Beard.

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
btw i doubt stevenson or brewer get any significant PT in the playoffs.

Dirk/Jet/Kidd/Marion/TC/Peja/Barea/Haywood will be the 8 man rotation

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I'll take brewer's defense (hell, I'll even take brewer's offense) over Stevenson's any day.

Stevenson's street nigga reputation is still valuable, only because he should have free reign to go beat the shit out of the first guy to flagrant Dirk, ensuring that nobody else in the playoffs fucks with Dirk, lest they receive the wrath of Lincoln Beard.

I don't mind Brewer starting either, but at least when he starts, Stevenson will hit 3s with consistency, and has the strength to battle more with post-up players like Kobe.

IMO you cant go too wrong with either guy. Brewer brings more energy and a little more of an ability to create his own shot, while Stevenson brings maturity and a pretty good 3-ball when left open.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-15-2011, 12:25 PM

My real concern with Brew is his tendency to pick up fouls.
We know the refs aren't gonna show him any respect, so any slight
bump or hand check he's getting a foul.

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
btw i doubt stevenson or brewer get any significant PT in the playoffs.

Dirk/Jet/Kidd/Marion/TC/Peja/Barea/Haywood will be the 8 man rotation

understandable, as long as one of them starts, so the team can set a defensive tone.

it was so awesome seeing Stevenson shove CP3 away when he tried pulling that bitch-made flopping on him. I've never seen CP3 so quiet when playing against the Mavs after Chandler and Stevenson both got physical with him.

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
My real concern with Brew is his tendency to pick up fouls.
We know the refs aren't gonna show him any respect, so any slight
bump or hand check he's getting a foul.

might be a little different for 2 reasons though

1) he would be starting. if you begin the game with an aggressive style, you get away with more

2) its the playoffs. you get away with more, period. with the exception of the 2002 WCF, the 2006 ECF (Pistons got jobbed just as much as the Mavs did), the 2006 Finals, and the 2nd half of game 7 of the 2010 Finals.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Brew probably won't see minutes, but Deshawn is more than likely
going back to his early season minutes when Roddy was hurt.
I expect Deshawn to see good PT

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
roddy is more likely to ever develop into an 18 ppg scorer than marion developing a post game :lmao

dude needs to develop a jump shot first, lol professional basketball players who still don't know how to properly shoot a jumpshot

Don't underestimate Trix my nigga.

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:41 PM
:lmao 1 move, a bootlegged turnaround fadeaway "fling it up and hope it goes in" jump hook doesn't equal a solid post game.

still pretty effective tbh

no one seems to be able to stop it, due to the fact that its a really tough shot to guard, because he fades-away and has a strange release point.

and hes shown a few other moves he can throw in there as well. if they play him heavily to the side he does the baby hook on, he often fakes then does a backspin and banks it home off the other side. and ive seen him a few times fake up and go under as well. he definitely has more than 1 move, its just that all his other moves are counters for someone who is solely focused on taking that one shot away, which is hard to do. Not saying he has a Pau Gasol type post-game, but he definitely has an effective one, and has a few different moves he uses in there.

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 12:46 PM
yeah, i didn't say your name specifically did i? you, me and dirk4mvp are the only level headed maverick fans on this board. that's it, and that's all

:lmao right. I'm only dead on perfect predicting each and every mavericks season (they call me fuckin monostradamus for a reason) and how things will turn out.

You're all emo cuz they didn't get a guy who would have turned the Mavericks from "non-contenders" to "better non-contenders".

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
dude that bootlegged shit ain't reliable. lot's of shots that go in during the regular season just don't fall against playoff defense. thinking we can rely on marion = fail

who the fuck said we can rely on Marion? I know I didnt. In fact I specifically said the Mavs should NOT rely on that. He can contribute, but it shouldn't be something the Mavs should consistently fall back on when the offense is sputtering.

stretch
04-15-2011, 12:59 PM
also we'll for one if cuban got on his knees and sucked MJ's dick we might could have had both sjax and wallace. MJ recently said in an article that someone posted that he can make charlotte into a contender in the east, but that they've never had the financial flexibility to do so. it's not a stretch to say that we could have gotten both if we gave up beaubois and whatever else it took, but no beaubois and his 15 mpg are untouchable. we'll never know for sure, but kidd/jackson/wallace/dirk/TC not only contends but is a heavy favorite.

coming from the one never shutting the fuck up about Roddy averaging 18ppg

im a roddy fan, but i never expected quite that much, and was NEVER a major supporter of him being a starter, always said hes best off the bench when he can create for himself and others, not having to play in a structured system with Kidd and Dirk getting 90% of the touches.

stretch
04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
i'm saying he ain't gonna contribute much of shit, either. he's going to disappear, put up the most quiet 10 and 6 you've ever seen (as if 10 and 6 is great numbers to begin with :lmao ) and it'll be the most useless waste of 7 million dollars you've ever seen.

all im hoping from Marion is to see some hustle, and strong defense, which is something you can generally count on from him. everything else is a bonus.

clambake
04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
:lmao drafting detlef shremph over karl malone

thanks alot

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
you're also on the record saying that if you were our GM we'd have a starting lineup of

baron davis
kobe
corey maggette
brandon bass
chris kaman

and that that lineup would contend :lmao

Dynasty

stretch
04-15-2011, 01:04 PM
findog cardinal hustles and plays okay defense for a lot less than 7 million a year :lmao

too bad he cant jump more than 2 inches off the ground

monosylab1k
04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
also, I had Gerald Wallace on that team. And Marion.

Goddamn I'm one hell of a GM.

stretch
04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
that's another problem i have with mav fan, nobody seems to realize kidd fucking blows and doesn't deserve nowhere near 90% of the touches. his decline was so slow and subtle over the years that nobody seemed to realize when he crossed from "still serviceable" into the realm of "fucking sucks." kidd hasn't been shit for about 2 years now, anyone can dribble the ball down looking all savvy like a savvy vet :lmao call a play, and give the ball to dirk for an iso. jj fucking barea is better than kidd at this point.

Oh believe me, I've been fucking sick as hell of Kidd lately as well. A lot of times I'm just hoping that he turns the ball over less than 8 times before Barea has to come in and fix his mess, which is really ironic, considering how it was completely the opposite last season.

At least he was able to hit open 3s in the past few years, but he cant even do that this year.

jag
04-15-2011, 01:07 PM
oh no, don't bust out the advanced stats in an attempt to look smart!

dude, don't you realize that marion get's most of his attempts off a feed for a layup or garbage points and put backs around the rim?

:lmao 1 move, a bootlegged turnaround fadeaway "fling it up and hope it goes in" jump hook doesn't equal a solid post game.

I assume you consider it an "attempt to look smart" by me moving this discussion in a slightly more objective direction than smileys and "i spy" quotes.

64% of his offense from 0-9 ft from the rim comes from assisted baskets. So close to 40% of his offense from that range comes from unassisted baskets. From 3-9 feet (which might be a better indication of a range where someone would post up) 45% of his offense was unassisted.

Go ahead and find a quote where i said he has a solid post game. Thanks for telling me his broken ass turnaround hook doesn't constitute a solid post game. The idea that his back-to-the-basket game is "better than you might think" has more to do with the fact that his broken ass hook shoot actually goes in more than any of his other shots which aren't layups or dunks.

In actual post-up situations this season he's shot 50.3%. Other than dunks or layups, it's where he's been most effective this season. So, again, he's really not as bad as you might think.

jag
04-15-2011, 01:20 PM
and most of those unassisted points were put backs and garbage points. let's see, a guy who only averages 12 points per game get's over 50% of his baskets inside assisted. 40% are unassisted, what's 40% of 12 points per game? that means he get's roughly 2 baskets per game that aren't assisted, and most of them are garbage points off putbacks (offensive boards), with the occassional ugly looking hook shot here and there. so like i said, shawn marion doesn't have a post game at all outside of a flukey looking hook shot every now and then, maybe once a game

Which part of this:

In actual post-up situations this season he's shot 50.3%. Other than dunks or layups, it's where he's been most effective this season. So, again, he's really not as bad as you might think.

is difficult for you to grasp?

I'll explain if for you like this...If all he has is his "flukey looking hook shot every now and then", it still happens to work 50.3% of the time and makes up the second largest percentage of where his points have come from this season. Second only to cuts to the basket. He generates more offense from posting up than he does from put-backs and transition baskets.

jag
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
he hit's it 50% of the time because the sample size is so small, he only shoots it once per game when he either get's the ball in great position or on a mismatch with a much smaller defender, both scenarios where it's more likely to go in. if he shot that shit very often (more than once a game) it sure wouldn't be 50%

i'm a maverick fan, i actually watch shawn marion play, and he sucks. is this difficult for you to grasp?

Is a season's worth of those busted hook shots going in 50% of the time not a large enough sample size? I'm not talking about one game where he took 2 shots and one went it.

He scores 12.5 points per game and post-up situations are the second greatest contributor to those points.

As a mav fan who watches the games, I kind of expected you to notice this.

jag
04-15-2011, 01:36 PM
besides, you say besides dunks and layups, bootlegged jump hooks are his 2nd biggest source of points. but what exactly does he shoot besides dunks, layups, and bootlegged hook shots? just about nothing. dude has made a grand total of 5 three's all YEAR, and a whopping 3 :lmao last year. he rarely shoots anything besides those 3 shots.

Matt bonner shoots the three at about 50% but he only makes about 1.6 per game.

So i guess he's not really a very good three point shooter because his 3-pt shooting sample size is too small.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
How many ppg will Dirk have to average for the Mavs to win this series? +/- 40?

jag
04-15-2011, 01:41 PM
hitting almost 2 3 pointers per game is a lot different than being a low post "scorer" who only scores 1 per game from the low post. 2 3's per game ain't bad

Who called him a "low post scorer"?

jag
04-15-2011, 01:45 PM
you. you said that he was a decent low post scorer.

Go ahead and quote me where i said he was a decent low post scorer.

jag
04-15-2011, 01:48 PM
He shoots 50% from the low post. That's better than i originally thought.

Marion's post game isn't as bad as you'd think.

now I spy 2 dumbasses

Let's talk about it.

jag
04-15-2011, 01:52 PM
oh, the semantics argument :lmao

"decent low post scorer" "marion's post game isn't as bad as u think, he's pretty effective!" same difference

you can argue all you want but you're flat out wrong about marion. dude is the most frustrating player to watch when he's on your team

Ok, so i never said it.

Is 50.3 percent not an effective percentage?

I'm not really sure how your emotional state when you watch him play has anything to do with how effective he's been this season while posting up.

ffadicted
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
My prediction is a first round exit lawl

jag
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
:lmao always ignoring half of the argument, going back and forth like a see saw

*****50% on only 1 attempt per game, and only whenever he catches the defense asleep (nobody expects shawn fucking marion to score :lmao ) or whenever he is shooting over a much smaller defender.

that sure isn't "a better post game than anyone thought," it fucking sucks. marions post game is a small step above nonexistent.

So Matt Bonner isn't a good three point shooter because he only makes 1.6 per game?

You're telling me Shawn marion would be a "good" post up player if he made .6 more post up shots per game?

What do you consider an effective field goal %?

jag
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
tbh i agree with this guy, we'll see how effective shawn marion's "post game" is in the playoffs :lmao

If it's anything like the regular season, he'll probably shoot about 50%. But considering he sucks in the POs, there's really no telling.

jag
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
:lmao low post scorers tend to shoot a lot more low post shots than 3 point shooters do 3 pointers. 1.6 three pointers per game actually isn't bad

but unassisted low post score per game? if marion had any sort of post game at all he would score from there more than once per game.

He only makes 5 shots a game. He's not a "scorer" anywhere on the floor with any type of shots.

But apparently he's pretty effective while posting up. Better than i thought, anyway.

jag
04-15-2011, 02:07 PM
:lmao scoring a hook shot here and there once a game isn't really "effective" at all

if you want to argue that marion isn't any more retarded from the post than he is anywhere else, then i'll go for that

Well he shoots a higher percentage from posting up than he does from anywhere else on the floor. So i think my argument all along is that he's slightly less retarded from the post than anywhere else. Better than i thought.

jag
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
but still a shitty fucking player and non-threat from anywhere :lmao

and tbh low post still ain't his best, dude can make wide open dunks off feeds and that's it. he actually doesn't look retarded doing that. congrats to him

He's about a 50.3% threat while posting up.

jag
04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
as long as he only sneaks in 1 per game over a smaller defender on a mismatch :lmao

So if he has a mismatch on a player who isn't as athletic, or as tall, he should probably take them down on the low block because his post-up game is better than we thought?

jag
04-15-2011, 02:31 PM
:lol 50.3% isn't so bad

ohmwrecker
04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
You guys are really committed to this irrelevant debate. I'm impressed . . .

. . . not really.

resistanze
04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2299/mavsb.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/mavsb.jpg/)

All that matters.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Thead gets hijacked by two dick sucking spurs fans.
Lil niggas get back on your knees and finish smoking my pole..........YEAH!!

z0sa
04-15-2011, 03:11 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2299/mavsb.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/mavsb.jpg/)

All that matters.

:lmao @ NO upsetting LA in that hypothetical.

Cuckolded Sissy
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Marion is going to get shut down by GWall and Cuban is going to look like an idiot for not trading Roddy and trash for him

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Marion has a post game now?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm a dumbass for saying "Marion's post game isn't as bad as you'd think"?

2010-2011

Rim - 9ft FG% = 57.8%

Attempts/game (Rim - 9ft) = 7.8

Attempts/game %(Rim - 9ft) = 74.29%

This season Marion is averaging 12.5 ppg while shooting 52% from the field. From a range of 0-9 feet from the rim he is shooting 57.8%. 74.29% of all his shots come from a range of 0-9 feet from the rim.

His post game isn't as bad as you'd think.

OK, so because of the fastbreak points he gets and the hustle points he gets at the rim it means he has a good post game?

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 06:37 PM
coming from the one never shutting the fuck up about Roddy averaging 18ppg

im a roddy fan, but i never expected quite that much, and was NEVER a major supporter of him being a starter, always said hes best off the bench when he can create for himself and others, not having to play in a structured system with Kidd and Dirk getting 90% of the touches.

Bull fucking shit you never expected that much, you said, in one post, Roddy has the jump shot of Steve Nash, the speed and finishing ability of Parker, and the athleticism of Derrick Rose.

Here comes classic stretch "I wasn't being serious when I made that really retarded homer comment".

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
So Matt Bonner isn't a good three point shooter because he only makes 1.6 per game?

You're telling me Shawn marion would be a "good" post up player if he made .6 more post up shots per game?

What do you consider an effective field goal %?

3 point shooting efficiency and post efficiency are two completely different things.

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
+1

Whether he will turn out to be any good through his career is entirely up to him, but he has all the talent and gifts to be truly great. He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability. He might be as naturally gifted and talented as any PG/undersized SG in the league right now. It's all a matter of how hard he works and adjusts to the USA style of game.

He seems to definitely be more of a scorer than a guy who can run an offense, which is something he will definitely need to work on considering his size. He needs to develop a more physical aspect to his game too, because while he was a very good man defender, he would often get eaten up on picks and that would hurt him badly in his team defense. He tended to get a few too many fouls called on him, but I think as he plays more that will get reduced from his improvement, as well as the fact that refs tend to call shit fouls against rookies.

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
:lmao right. I'm only dead on perfect predicting each and every mavericks season (they call me fuckin monostradamus for a reason) and how things will turn out.

You're all emo cuz they didn't get a guy who would have turned the Mavericks from "non-contenders" to "better non-contenders".

Didn't you predict the Mavs to be under .500 this season?

Jodelo
04-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Everyone who picks Brewer´s Defense over Stevenson´s D is just retarded (just read that on Page 3...)!

I can only hope that Marion can contribute in the PO!

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Whether he will turn out to be any good through his career is entirely up to him, but he has all the talent and gifts to be truly great. He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability.

Holy fuck, this would be a bnmf equivalent to gnsf bullshit

sribb43
04-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Marion has one effective post move, the little jump hook. He does not have "post game"

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 08:02 PM
We'll see how effective his monkey man fade-away hook shot is in the playoffs.

Kyle Orton
04-15-2011, 08:09 PM
It's up to Shawn how good he wants to be in the post, he has all the tools. He has the post moves of 1994 Olajuwon, the strength/finishing ability in the post of 2000 Shaq, with the low post IQ of 1986 Kevin McHale!

stretch
04-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Bull fucking shit you never expected that much, you said, in one post, Roddy has the jump shot of Steve Nash, the speed and finishing ability of Parker, and the athleticism of Derrick Rose.

Here comes classic stretch "I wasn't being serious when I made that really retarded homer comment".

stupidass kike, figures you would be a dumbass about it, when i clearly stated that this was based on skills, not how good he was. i also said he would need to adjust to the NBA game still and keep working hard if he ever wants to be remotely that effective. was it over the top? sure, ill be the first to admit it. but your obsession with me is becoming quite startling.

MavDynasty
04-15-2011, 11:01 PM
:cry no more krew on krew violence :cry

MavDynasty
04-15-2011, 11:16 PM
tbh saw the fast n furious 5 world premiere tonight. sick as fuckkkk, ive never seen those movies before but this one is prob a top 3 action movie ive ever seen imo

Ghazi
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM

didnt you predict 35 wins this year :)?

rayjayjohnson
04-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Someone other than Kyle Orton should post in this thread imo

Greg Oden
04-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Tq_1j4z5-J4

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 09:12 AM
stupidass kike, figures you would be a dumbass about it, when i clearly stated that this was based on skills, not how good he was. i also said he would need to adjust to the NBA game still and keep working hard if he ever wants to be remotely that effective. was it over the top? sure, ill be the first to admit it. but your obsession with me is becoming quite startling.

rofl pulling the obsession card when your posting in my thread

You criticized m>s for saying Roddy had 18 PPG potential, wouldn't someone with Steve Nash's jumpshot (which he doesn't have and never will have), Parker's speed/finishing ability, and Rose's athleticism (which when you factor in Rose's size Beaubois will never have), also have 18 PPG potential? Chances are that person would have closer to 28 PPG scoring potential.

This is also classic stretch. Say something really retarded, then in the same post add a qualifier like "he'll need to adjust to the NBA" that completely negates the previous retarded statement to avoid looking retarded. Someone with Nash's J, Parker's speed, and Rose's athleticism wouldn't need to adjust to anything.

Axe Murderer
04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
tbh saw the fast n furious 5 world premiere tonight. sick as fuckkkk, ive never seen those movies before but this one is prob a top 3 action movie ive ever seen imo

Regardless of how reckless I'm going to act in the near future, I still have affection for you. Always know that, now time to sleep ♥

Axe Murderer
04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Damn what a great week this has been! Way better than last week that's for sure. And by my experience, when you have a great week, the weekend will be EPIC times a trillion! Hanging with my bro Taylor tomorrow then Christopher Lawrence at the lounge Sat!!

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I have something that women would love to take away from me. There you go buddy, and I'm pretty sure you can't say the same. You're not so proud now, are you?

jag
04-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Marion has a post game now?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's better than i originally thought it was, motherfucker!!!!!!

jag
04-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm sitting there trying to pass the time at work and i make a small little throwaway comment like this:

...and then all the sudden i find myself arguing with mav fan that shawn marion isn't as bad as they think.

I fucking hate shawn marion, probably more than they do (if that's possible)...so now i just feel dirty.

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Tbh, that bootleg n!gger fadeaway hook shot will be exposed in the playoffs.

With that said, if I were a Spurs fan, I would love Marion in that weird way a guy would love a hooker if she let him fuck for free.

jag
04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Shawn marion is a scrub and his annual disappearing act every postseason is one of the many reasons Phoenix never won anything. I laughed the day Dallas took on his abortion of a contract.

But now i feel compelled to root for his bootleg, broke down, fadeaway sky hook to go in.

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Shawn marion is a scrub and his annual disappearing act every postseason is one of the many reasons Phoenix never won anything.

In b4 Mavfan says something along the lines of "Phoenix relied on him too much! He didn't choke, and he won't choke on a team that doesn't rely on him!"

jag
04-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Shawn Marion would be a legend in Arizona and would probably have restaurants named after him if he had managed to hit even 20% of the wide open, no-one-within-15-feet-of-him three pointers and jumpers he took during every playoff series.

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Instead he was too stubborn and black to admit he shot jumpers like a 5 year old and needed to change his form. His fat fuck slut crack whore mom who had him and his sister Shawnette at 14 didn't do him any favors either.

Giuseppe
04-16-2011, 11:36 AM
instead he was too stubborn and black to admit he shot jumpers like a 5 year old and needed to change his form.

duncan

Axe Murderer
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Phoenix relied on him too much. He didn't choke, and he won't choke on a team that doesn't rely on him.

stretch
04-16-2011, 03:13 PM
rofl pulling the obsession card when your posting in my thread[/thread]

yeah, and my post in no way shape or form had anything to do with that your initial post was about, nor was in response to you. :cry great fuckin logic :cry

[QUOTE=Kyle Orton;5139642]You criticized m>s for saying Roddy had 18 PPG potential, wouldn't someone with Steve Nash's jumpshot (which he doesn't have and never will have), Parker's speed/finishing ability, and Rose's athleticism (which when you factor in Rose's size Beaubois will never have), also have 18 PPG potential? Chances are that person would have closer to 28 PPG scoring potential.

i didnt criticize him for talking about roddys potential. i fully see that potential. although a number of times he never said anything about potential, he would say something to the effect of "dat nigga roddy b gon be an 18ppg player in a few weeks tbh". it seemed like thats what a number of his posts were saying, that he expected that immediately, not in the future, but perhaps i misread some of them, who knows, and i really dont care at this point.

This is also classic stretch. Say something really retarded, then in the same post add a qualifier like "he'll need to adjust to the NBA" that completely negates the previous retarded statement to avoid looking retarded. Someone with Nash's J, Parker's speed, and Rose's athleticism wouldn't need to adjust to anything.

classic dok, take one small portion of a post, run off and talk all kinds of shit about it, not taking the entire thing into context, and thinking "i owned your ass :lmao :lmao :lmao now let me suck my dick more in the next 30 posts about how i owned you even though im a giant fucking dumbshit"

comparisons are different than actual playing ability. simialar to how people said eddy curry was similar to shaq, or kwame brown was like KG. or some people here saying when we played bball with BUMP and DPG, that BUMP was like Blake Griffin (on fucked up 9 foot goals, rofl great times), or DPG was like a Steve Nash, or whomever they were comparing him to. drawing similarities, and being that good are two completely different things. or course I fully expect this to go over your head and you to respond with a post like ":cry great fucking emo post :cry :lmao :lmao :lmao stretch = dumbass thinking roddy b = jordan x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000"

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
classic dok, take one small portion of a post, run off and talk all kinds of shit about it, not taking the entire thing into context, and thinking "i owned your ass :lmao :lmao :lmao now let me suck my dick more in the next 30 posts about how i owned you even though im a giant fucking dumbshit"

:lmao you said Roddy B was the most physically gifted PG/undersized SG in the NBA, are you seriously trying to deny that was all kinds of retarded?

comparisons are different than actual playing ability. You said he had the explosiveness of Derrick Rose. That has nothing to do with playing ability, it's a natural physical gift you either have/don't have.

simialar to how people said eddy curry was similar to shaq, or kwame brown was like KG. Yeah, all of which ended up being really retarded comparisons.

or some people here saying when we played bball with BUMP and DPG, that BUMP was like Blake Griffin (on fucked up 9 foot goals, rofl great times), or DPG was like a Steve Nash, or whomever they were comparing him to.

:lmao and there it is. Stretch implying his retarded comparisons were as serious as comparisons that were obviously a joke. If Beaubois is as close to being Parker/Nash/Rose as BUMP is to being Blake Griffin, than I rest my case.

Ghazi
04-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Phoenix relied on him too much. He didn't choke, and he won't choke on a team that doesn't rely on him.

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability. This wasn't a comparison. You specifically said "he has" all the above. You didn't say he plays similarly to Rose/Parker/Nash.

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:13 AM
lol 6 points 5 boards 2-6 shooting

lol gerald wallace 4-13 shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 turnovers

:lmao "he's going to curbstomp the mavs! he's the missing piece to make the Mavs the favorite to win it all!"

Ghazi
04-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Marion was ok this game :)

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:29 AM
anyway wallace had an off game, don't expect that luxury every time

:lmao you sound like you're rooting for him to curbstomp dallas. good thing you're so shitty at player analysis and predictions. leave that stuff to me.

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Marion was ok this game :)

offensively he didn't have it but he played terrific defense.

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:36 AM
:lmao yeah because baron davis, chris kaman, corey magette, and anthony randolph are all doing so great right now :lmao

lol baron davis had his best season since leaving GS, anthony randolph was killing niggas after he got traded away from that dipshit D'Antoni, kaman was hurt all year but played solidly and last year was an 18/9 center you fucking retard, and maggette with all his flaws is still a tough scorer who gets to the FT line.

:lmao it's amazing how asshurt you and understudy get when you can't explain the genius (and 100% legit) way that I could have maneuvered Dallas into a 70 win 3 peating dynasty.

Ghazi
04-17-2011, 12:37 AM
howeva

Chandler > Kaman

TE
04-17-2011, 12:38 AM
duncan

no

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:42 AM
howeva

Chandler > Kaman

tbh I had him on the squad too this season

I sure has hell damn did! All I did was accept trades that were offered and Mark was stupid enough to turn down.

Mark rejected the following:

-Kobe for Dirk
-Davis/Kaman for Kidd
-Wallace for Howard

I would have done all three. I also would have kept Bass since we obviously would need a PF. Throw in a couple decent deals that Cuban has made (Marion and Chandler) and Roddy, and the team would look like this -

Baron Davis
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Wallace
Brandon Bass
Tyson Chandler

bench:

Shawn Marion
Chris Kaman
Roddy
Terry

That team is a 70 win team imho fwiw.

that doesn't even have maggette on the bench as well. GOT DAMN i am fucking good.

Ghazi
04-17-2011, 12:43 AM
just wanna say we got outscored 48-18 in the paint this game... bad omen!!

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:44 AM

:wow gerald wallace must have had a great game! oh wait

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:45 AM
that bullshit ass team = 45 wins

:lmao ok

Ghazi
04-17-2011, 12:46 AM
mav fan on mav fan violence?.. tsk tsk :(

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:46 AM
:lmao all you can do in the face of all you and your brother's retarded statements is say "but but gerald wallace had an off night :cry "

:lmao all you can do in the face of all you and my understudy's retarded statements is say "but but shawn marion had an off night :cry"

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:47 AM
mav fan on mav fan violence?.. tsk tsk :(

that fake ass nigga ain't no real mavs fan. he's rooting for a guy on Portland to play well. he's also happy when one of our guys doesn't.

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 12:50 AM
every time shawn fucking marion suits up is an "off night" especially when it comes to doing his best hakeem imitation as stretch says :lmao

:lol and you got all emo when I put words in your mouth

frodo
04-17-2011, 05:00 AM
that fake ass nigga ain't no real mavs fan. he's rooting for a guy on Portland to play well. he's also happy when one of our guys doesn't.
everyone needs to make a performance if the mavs want to survive it imho. blazers ain't easy to beat they ain't the naive crew any more. they have so many talented niggas they can always find the right guys to score. the blazers only need a doggy defender (like ryan bowen)to take care of dirk and mavs O go stale. outside of dirk none of ur other nigs be trustworthy in the playoffs imho

Kyle Orton
04-17-2011, 08:08 AM
:lmao all you can do in the face of all you and my understudy's retarded statements is say "but but shawn marion had an off night :cry"

lol pretending your brother hasn't made more retarded statements than anyone else.
lol Marion has a good post game
lol Beaubois is Rose/Parker/Nash combined!

21_Blessings
04-17-2011, 08:14 AM

2/6, 50 million dollar ecstasy :lmao

Axe Murderer
04-17-2011, 11:41 AM
tbh Gerald Wallace just looked a little nervous at first

I don't expect him to play that poorly all series

Kyle Orton
04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Meanwhile lil Shawn looked nervous the entire game

Ghazi
04-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Shawn 2
Wallace 0

:)

Greg Oden
04-20-2011, 12:10 AM
w

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 12:55 AM
w

:lmao

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Greg is mocking the mookie crew's w shtick where the Titans will win and they'll argue Vince Young's 1 touchdown, 3 interception, 36.1 passer rating performance was the reason Tennessee won, not Chris Johnson's 242 rushing yards or Rob Bironas kicking multiple 45+ yard field goals, one of which being a game winner.

Zelophehad
04-20-2011, 01:32 AM
tbh I remember a few guys in the NFL forum saying the reason Young didn't have better stats is because he was playing in the wrong offense for his skill set. Unfortunately for VY though since Benny Friedman brought the forward pass into vogue in the 1930s, less and less teams have been running the Wing-T.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 02:02 AM
^:lmao

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 05:53 AM
lol conveniently ignoring shawn marion's defense

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 05:54 AM
turnovers?

no, because wallace was the one with 2 turnovers.

lol "wallace is going to curbstomp dallas!"

lol 11 points in first quarter, shit sandwich the next three

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 07:17 AM
lol conveniently ignoring shawn marion's defense

How does Marion's defense explain the drop off in offensive production for him in the playoffs compared to the regular season?

stretch
04-20-2011, 08:42 AM
How does Marion's defense explain the drop off in offensive production for him in the playoffs compared to the regular season?

perhaps the fact that hes only getting 5 or 6 shots a game, because Dirk and Kidd (and last night Peja) is out there schoolin' niggaz left and right. why force something else, rather than feed the hot hands?

either way, Marion has done nothing at all in these two games to detract from the teams solid performances. he has only helped by providing solid defense, not turning the ball over, and making the few open attempts thats given to him. exactly what should be expected from a role player like him.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Making the few open attempts? I specifically remember him shooting a wide open 10 footer in game 1 and not even catching rim.

Last night, no, he didn't do anything to detract from Dallas's solid performance. In game 1 he took a few shots he has no business taking (one of which being that bootleg fadeaway hook shot), and missed 1-2 shots he had no business missing.

We'll see how Marion steps up when Kidd, Peja and Terry are missing their shots and Dallas needs someone outside of Dirk to step up.

frodo
04-20-2011, 09:38 AM
been trying to find fault on him but i only saw some solid performances from him tbh. nig played good D & protected the perimeter pretty well, though he didn't score/grab alot points/rebounds. dallas won 2 games at home now, a good start but it ain't nearly half done tbh. gonna be dogfights in da rose garden imho, just be prepared for some true bloody battles my niggaz. series would be tied if dallas conceded the next 2 (which be very likely), and luck would start to bias for portland in game 5 and 6 since them niggas be younger. HCA ain't meanin nothing fo ya if you couldnt survive to game 7. nigs better stay focus until they win the series imo. the team winning 4 games first wins the series, not two games. u should never underestimate the choking abilities ef these chokers, however

stretch
04-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Making the few open attempts? I specifically remember him shooting a wide open 10 footer in game 1 and not even catching rim.

Last night, no, he didn't do anything to detract from Dallas's solid performance. In game 1 he took a few shots he has no business taking (one of which being that bootleg fadeaway hook shot), and missed 1-2 shots he had no business missing.

We'll see how Marion steps up when Kidd, Peja and Terry are missing their shots and Dallas needs someone outside of Dirk to step up.

I agree with this. He hasnt had the need to step up so far, so its kinda hard to knock on the guy. When he has the need and the chance to step up and fails a few times, then I think we have a legit complaint. But truth is, he shouldnt have to step up that frequently. It needs to be Kidd, Peja, Terry, and Barea taking that role, while Marion does clean-up work.

Giuseppe
04-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Unless & until Wallace sees the Lakers across center court he's pedestrian fare.

dallaskd
04-20-2011, 12:54 PM

2-0 tbh

sribb43
04-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Marion's D is key for the Mavs against the blazers athletic wings but him shooting another 10th air ball was almost as bad as Haywood's scud missle free throw attempt last night

Greg Oden
04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Let's go Blazers! :flag::flag::flag:

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 02:23 PM
2-0 tbh

I'm sorry, I didn't know that was an individual achievement of Marion.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know that was an individual achievement of Marion.

Prove he's hurting the Mavericks with his play. If he's not hurting them, only helping them, then it's pretty obvious he isn't choking like you say. Just cuz you're still asshurt about him sucking on a bunch of gimmick teams that couldn't win a title even if their dumbshit franchise player stayed on the bench doesn't mean you have to take it out on him forevermore.

Isitjustme?
04-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Marion sucked cock in last year playoffs versus the Spurs.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks for posting!

Ghazi
04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Marion 2
Wallace 0

let us proceed...

stretch
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Marion is a great role player, but not a guy you should be relying on for providing scoring punches on a nightly basis. If you want defense, hustle, and some easy buckets from time to time in transition, hes your man.

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hfrn6b.gif

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Marion is a great role player, but not a guy you should be relying on for providing scoring punches on a nightly basis. If you want defense, hustle, and some easy buckets from time to time in transition, hes your man.

http://dailyhealthnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/stretching.jpg

Isitjustme?
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for posting!

8.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 40.7% fg in 2010 playoffs. Must have been the Mavs gimmick offense tbh

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
He's not hurting them

thank you

meanwhile, gerald wallace has most definitely been hurting the Blazers with his shit tastic performances sans 1 quarter in each game.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM
8.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 40.7% fg in 2010 playoffs. Must have been the Mavs gimmick offense tbh

sure was. the 3pg lineup they used every night was as gimmicky and faggoty as they get.

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.thebookshop.com.au/images/covers/Is%20it%20just%20me.jpg

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 04:19 PM
http://ms.wish.org/wp-content/blogs/104/uploads//tyson.gif

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:20 PM
if you think wallace's play last night (almost approaching a triple double) hurt the blazers then you definitely need to see an optometrist

He did almost all of that in the 1st quarter. After that he disappeared like Cry Havoc in his own LOL Stretch thread. He didn't even take a fucking shot in the 4th quarter when his team needed him most :lmao He was terrible for 3 quarters of the game last night. He was terrible for 3 quarters of Game 1 too.

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 04:21 PM
crofl

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AQCSZkzY9ZCg0s8kT1oSkZlRMkWd0io80DESto kx7AUWicIQ8kOuCo-zaAzVqdxteDI&size=normal&usedef=1

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:26 PM
did you think he was a number one scoring option or something? he's a scrappy defender, hard worker, and and has a very wide skillset..but he's never been a guy to create as a go to scoring option. he's just playing within his skillset, which is better than anything the mavs have outside of dirk.

:lmao he's a 20 ppg scorer for the blazers, he's the #2 option on their team. Unless you're saying Lamarcus Aldridge took every single fucking shot in the 4th quarter, otherwise there's no fucking excuse for Wallace to not attempt ONE FUCKING SHOT. He pussed out and hurt his team in the processPERIOD

Ghazi
04-20-2011, 04:27 PM
still the champ!

ST's Debate Judge
04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Ghazi wins this debate hands down

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:35 PM
He was? i'm pretty sure he averaged 15.8 for the blazers since the trade, unless nba.com is deceiving me. does their korean site show different numbers?

:lmao still makes him their #2 scorer since coming over in the trade, shitdick.

Greg Oden
04-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Ghazi wins this debate hands down

http://vigilantcitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/judge-judy-400ds0620.jpg

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:36 PM
he has had a rough start and even though he's averaging 13, 6, and 3.5 this series, that's still a hell of a lot better than marion any way you want to try to spin it. he'll finish the series around his normal averages, after going off on us back in portland.

:lmao the sad thing is that you want it to happen. thankfully you didn't take those tickets last night away from any real mavs fans. would have hated to see mavdynasty give those tickets away to a blazers fan.

Greg Oden
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
virtual tie with mathews, barely more than miller. he ain't known as a #1 option scro, get off his nuts and mine

SINCE THE TRADE, dipshit. that would require slightly more than reading numbers off a page, it would involved doing a little bit of math, something you're supposed to be good at Mr. Accountant.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 05:17 PM
mathews still averaged 14 ppg since wallace's arrival, it didn't have that big of an effect on everyone's averages. mathews and wallace are both the 2nd options with miller right behind them, batum at 12ppg, etc. they don't really have a #2 option just an abundance of guys who fit the bill of a 3rd/4th scorer. crofl at trying to paint this picture that wallace was this go to guy offensively and he just let his team down :cry :lmao

so let me get this straight...

you're saying that if a player is CLEARLY not a go-to guy offensively but RATHER is part of an ensemble of players that contributes according to their skill set.....then even if his numbers drop significantly in the playoffs, it's no big deal as long as he's making his skill-set based contributions, right?

:lmao there goes your argument against shawn marion.

Ghazi
04-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Peja > Wallace

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
comparing wallace's numbers to marions.

both have had sizable dropoffs from their regular season averages. and, ACCORDING TO YOU, both aren't go-to scorers but contribute according to their specific skill set. yet one of them you give a free pass despite his drop off, the other one you shit all over because of his drop off.

Pick a lane.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Prove he's hurting the Mavericks with his play. If he's not hurting them, only helping them, then it's pretty obvious he isn't choking like you say. Just cuz you're still asshurt about him sucking on a bunch of gimmick teams that couldn't win a title even if their dumbshit franchise player stayed on the bench doesn't mean you have to take it out on him forevermore.

:lmao randomly bringing up the Suns' 2007 season because you're angry I'm making fun of Marion.

Judging by this thread, Marion might be part Korean.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 10:51 PM
:lmao randomly bringing up the Suns' 2007 season because you're angry I'm making fun of Marion.

Judging by this thread, Marion might be part Korean.

In other words, you know he's not hurting the Mavs with the way he's playing, and you have nothing else to argue here. Thanks for playing!

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 10:54 PM
http://www.escapeest.com/images/austinist/100427_mono300.jpg

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
In other words, you know he's not hurting the Mavs with the way he's playing, and you have nothing else to argue here. Thanks for playing!

He didn't catch rim on a wide open 10 foot shot. If that's not hurting his team, idk what is. Btw, where is this post game from him you and your brother claim he has?

The fact you had to bring up the 2007 Suns (the equivalent of a Spurs fan bringing up 4 rings) shows who won the argument.

MavDynasty
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Krew on Krew violence :cry

Axe Murderer
04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Krew on Krew violence :cry

http://www.vivagoal.com/images/wallpapers/dallas-wallpaper.jpg

http://www.afgrant.com/images/patriots/Tedy_3x.jpg

Veterinarian
04-20-2011, 10:57 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=668931535469&id=d3805b1dfdc7e33fe19db02f3f9a6607&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.crankycritic.com%2farchive%2f posters%2fmaverick.jpg

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=553419080182&id=b97cd71ecd772b1ede48bda2e505ec88&url=http%3a%2f%2fstarcasm.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2010%2f04%2fForsythe_dynasty.j pg

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Also, it's funny how you went from predicting they'd win 37 games in the preseason to going full blown "We love our boys in blue :cheer:cheer:cheer" once they get a 2-0 lead in the 1st round, and then you criticize m>s for not being a loyal fan :lol

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:01 PM
He didn't catch rim on a wide open 10 foot shot. If that's not hurting his team, idk what is.

:lmao right, missing one shot is "hurting the team".

Fuck I wish Dirk would stop shooting. He hurt the team so damn much last night every time he missed! He hurt the team more than anybody else on the Mavs!

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Also, it's funny how you went from predicting they'd win 37 games in the preseason to going full blown "We love our boys in blue :cheer:cheer:cheer" once they get a 2-0 lead in the 1st round, and then you criticize m>s for not being a loyal fan :lol

understudy, I know you're smart enough to know the difference between being a pessimist and going full blown "I'm openly rooting for a player on the other team to kick my team's ass".

I'm still not convinced Dallas wins this series. I just know that so far, Marion isn't anywhere near the top of the list of guys to blame if they don't.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
:lmao right, missing one shot is "hurting the team".

Fuck I wish Dirk would stop shooting. He hurt the team so damn much last night every time he missed! He hurt the team more than anybody else on the Mavs!

So you're saying that missing shots doesn't hurt the team :lmao

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm still not convinced Dallas wins this series. I just know that so far, Marion isn't anywhere near the top of the list of guys to blame if they don't.

Who would be if he isn't? He's practically the one player on Dallas who isn't matching his regular season production or doing better so far against Portland.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:08 PM
And it's more than "hurting the team". When a player is playing passive, scared of the ball, and not looking to get involved offensively, you can't find a way he's directly hurting the team, but him being scared and hesitant on shots he would take without 2nd thought in the regular season is still choking, even if it doesn't happen to be hurting the team.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:08 PM
So you're saying that missing shots doesn't hurt the team :lmao

:lmao so you're saying Dirk hurt the Mavericks more than anybody else last night?

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
And it's more than "hurting the team". When a player is playing passive, scared of the ball, and not looking to get involved offensively, you can't find a way he's directly hurting the team, but him being scared and hesitant on shots he would take without 2nd thought in the regular season is still choking, even if it doesn't happen to be hurting the team.

well you're more than welcome to proven that marion is playing scared on offense.

I see Jason Kidd feeling so confident right now that shots Kidd would normally pass up are now being taken, thus taking away opportunities from guys like Marion and Chandler.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
:lmao so you're saying Dirk hurt the Mavericks more than anybody else last night?

I said missing shots hurt the team (do you agree or disagree?). I never said it hurt the team more than anything else.

Oh, and I forgot JJ Beaner has been his usual self in this series, I guess he'd be a lot more to blame than Marion.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:11 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao Kobe

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:12 PM
I said missing shots hurt the team (do you agree or disagree?).

Missing shots is part of the game. Name me one team that went 100% from the field.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Missing shots is part of the game. Name me one team that went 100% from the field.

Does missing shots hurt the team or not? It's a yes or no question.

MavDynasty
04-20-2011, 11:14 PM
tbh Jason Terry is playing within the offense but he isn't really a great defender or rebounder so if he isn't scoring he isn't really doing shit imo. At least he isn't chucking up bullshit and shooting us out of games (lol 7-25 in game 6 2006 finals)

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:15 PM
tbh Jason Terry is playing within the offense but he isn't really a great defender or rebounder so if he isn't scoring he isn't really doing shit imo. At least he isn't chucking up bullshit and shooting us out of games (lol 7-25 in game 6 2006 finals)

Don't worry, chucking up shit and missing it is part of the game.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Does missing shots hurt the team or not? It's a yes or no question.

Shaq missing a shot in the 02 WCF sure helped when Vlade backtapped it right into Horry's hands. So in that case missing a shot helped the Lakers tremendously.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Don't worry, chucking up shit and missing it is part of the game.

no no no, all those misses by Kevin Durant tonight nearly killed his team's chances to win :cry :cry :cry

Kyle Orton
I can't answer yes or no questions
http://ramblingsofarestlessman.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ralph-wiggum-nose-picking.jpg

MavDynasty
Shaq missing a shot in the 02 WCF sure helped when Vlade backtapped it right into Horry's hands. So in that case missing a shot helped the Lakers tremendously.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
no no no, all those misses by Kevin Durant tonight nearly killed his team's chances to win :cry :cry :cry

Well, if he went 12-15 instead of 7-15, it would have decreased Denver's chances at winning even more.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Well, if he went 12-15 instead of 7-15, it would have decreased Denver's chances at winning even more.

but that's still THREE MISSES! How could OKC ever recover from that?????

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:22 PM
You told me show you how Marion was hurting Dallas. You didn't tell me to show you how he was hurting Dallas to an unimaginable degree. Missing shot(s) hurts your team, whether it be a lot or a little, a missed shot still has a negative effect the greater majority of the time.

monosylab1k
04-20-2011, 11:25 PM
You told me show you how Marion was hurting Dallas.

and "he missed a shot" was the best you could come up with. again, thanks for playing.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:27 PM
and "he missed a shot" was the best you could come up with. again, thanks for playing.

If I ever said in the first place he was hurting Dallas that would make sense. He's having a subpar series compared to his regular season #s. Sorry if that gets you angry for some reason.

Kyle Orton
04-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Threads about to reach 300 pages :lol, Marion choking is a VERY sensitive issue in Dallas

Axe Murderer
04-21-2011, 02:42 AM
I've always said that the viability of the Mavs making a deep run in the playoffs hinges on Marion and Stevenson getting a lot of PT. I could care less what they do on offense just as long as they can play defense

Shank
04-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Marion's role in this series is to play defense on Wallace, Batum and Miller. Scoring is nowhere near as important, as we've seen. For the few chances he's getting, he's still doing a good job on making the most of the opportunities. With the options Portland has and the way they run their defense in crashing the boards to rebound, it's hard for Marion to pick up some of those same garbage buckets we were seeing late in the season. Now, tonight, if the Blazers show a commitment to stretching out to the 3-point line to close out on the shooters, then Marion will see his numbers increase as he'll be able to roam around inside, cleaning up like he's apt to do. When he's on the floor, I'd say he's about the last option on offense.

Kyle Orton
04-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Gr8 essay bro

Axe Murderer
04-21-2011, 09:38 AM
if anything, I'll admit I was wrong about Stojakovic

I had no idea he had a game like that in him the other night. I guess that's one good thing about having depth. Random role players will have a breakout game here and there while others suck it up

Neo.
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
if anything, I'll admit I was wrong about Stojakovic

I had no idea he had a game like that in him the other night. I guess that's one good thing about having depth. Random role players will have a breakout game here and there while others suck it up

Peja is a perfect backup for Dirk. When Dirk goes out, they still have a PF that can go in, score points consistently and keep the defense stretched while drawing an opposing forward out of the paint, similar to what Dirk does. Last time the Mavs had a player that could do that was Keith Van Horn, and that was the year the Mavs went to the Finals.

Peja is very key for the Mavs to succeed, because when Dirk goes out, the Mavs don't have to worry as badly about filling in the missing scoring threat, like they have had to do in the past with guys like Najera, Hollins, and Croshere backing Dirk up and doing nothing.

Kyle Orton
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Tbh if Dallas were playing the Suns (lol Suns in playoffs), Peja would go into 2002 form. He is to the Suns what JET is to the Rockets. He'll still be able to drop 20+ on the Suns even after he's a 50 year old with chronic back issues.

For some reason Carlisle has no problem signing a veteran, letting him play like shit with consistent minutes during the regular season and letting him play through it to get his confidence for the playoffs, but he refuses to do it with young players.

Neo.
04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Tbh if Dallas were playing the Suns (lol Suns in playoffs), Peja would go into 2002 form. He is to the Suns what JET is to the Rockets. He'll still be able to drop 20+ on the Suns even after he's a 50 year old with chronic back issues.

For some reason Carlisle has no problem signing a veteran, letting him play like shit with consistent minutes during the regular season and letting him play through it to get his confidence for the playoffs, but he refuses to do it with young players.

Unfortunately, JET doesnt even do anything to the Rockets these days... :depressed

Zelophehad
04-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Wallace is way better than Marion and will outplay him in this series. Having said that, it doesn't mean I'm rooting against the Mavs.

Greg Oden
04-29-2011, 01:41 AM
solid numbers for a 5th option.

rayjayjohnson
04-29-2011, 02:32 AM
his tattoo means 'demon bird mothballs'

smart dude. i predict he averages 30 and 15 in the LA series. he has the power of chinese.

Ghazi
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Marion still in the playoffs :)

Kyle Orton
05-19-2011, 10:47 PM
tee, hee

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2011, 10:48 PM
:lol Ghazi..

Kyle Orton
05-19-2011, 10:50 PM
:lmao wtf is that avatar harlem

dirk4mvp
05-19-2011, 10:51 PM
tbh you should change it before an actual mod on ST bans you.

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Continuing my appreciation of women, around Mother's Day, tbh..

Fpoonsie
05-19-2011, 10:57 PM
:rollin

Jeeeeeezus Christ.

dirk4mvp
05-19-2011, 10:57 PM
father's day appreciation isn't necessary, imho.

Fpoonsie
05-19-2011, 10:59 PM
father's day appreciation isn't necessary, imho.

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 01:06 AM

dirk4mvp
05-26-2011, 01:08 AM
marion gets all passive and doesn't even play as good of D imho

oh

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Marion = FAIL....nothing to predict, we've seen this story before

oh

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Marion is going to get shut down by GWall and Cuban is going to look like an idiot for not trading Roddy and trash for him

oh

ElNono
05-26-2011, 01:47 AM
tbh, Marion is like the fucking lottery... would anybody be surprised if he lays a turd in the Finals?

Just ride that gravy train while it lasts...

Ghazi
05-26-2011, 01:49 AM
tbh, Marion is like the fucking lottery... would anybody be surprised if he lays a turd in the Finals?

Just ride that gravy train while it lasts...

oh