PDA

View Full Version : Manu Tweet (Good news)

Sii
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
MRI showed an elbow sprain (Ulnar collateral ligament). I'm doubtful 4 sunday. Hope to make it. The pain is almost gone. Thx!

Sisk
04-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Good news.

Juggity
04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
So sounds like if not sunday's game, then possibly the next one!

Mal
04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
He can tweet with his arm !

ThePop
04-14-2011, 08:43 PM
I guess it's safe to say he will definately be back for game 2.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I think he'll even be back by Game 1. If most of the pain is actually gone, I'm sure he'll go by Sunday. Even if he broke his arm, he would try to be out there.

GrandeDavid
04-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Awesome!

DMC
04-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Morphine can do that...

Walton Buys Off Me
04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
All depends on the grade of the sprain.

The Spurs have not confirmed this critical bit.

If grade 1 or 2 he'll be fine with rest, ice and elevation.

If grade 3- it's Tommy John time and we can kiss our championship hopes goodbye.

My guess is that it's the latter and he'll be ok and back by game 3 (Spurs would have likely confirmed a season ending injury).

Juanobili
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Seeing as how Tony and Tim both came REALLY early from their injuries this past month or so, maybe that'll be the case with Manu :)

Fpoonsie
04-14-2011, 08:51 PM

If grade 3- it's Tommy John time and we can kiss our championship hopes goodbye.

My guess is that it's the latter and he'll be ok and back by game 3 (Spurs would have likely confirmed a season ending injury).

G2y8Sx4B2Sk

benefactor
04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
:tu

Sii
04-14-2011, 08:54 PM

The way it sounds he may not even miss one game. Game is two days away and he's already almost pain free and hoping to play. At most I would guess he misses one game.

its an elbow on his non shooting hand..not exactly the same as an ankle sprain.

iminol
04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
OK, so now I can sleep safely (3.56 am in Poland)

TE
04-14-2011, 09:01 PM
.......Good news

dbreiden83080
04-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Manu is a warrior

he'll play..

Sean Cagney
04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I guess it's safe to say he will definately be back for game 2.

GOOD, if we do our routine drop game one in the playoffs we will need him back for that KEY game.

Seventyniner
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
He'll miss a max of one game, but I can see him suiting up on Sunday.

Fpoonsie
04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Didn't wanna make another thread for this, and I had no idea who to PM, so can somebody simply post the pic of Manu sittin on the sidelines w/ the Ratatouille characters amazed by his package? I think it is/was somebody's sig, but can't remember who...

4>0rings
04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
If the pain is almost gone by today, he should be ready to play game 1 depending on the grade of sprain.

manu the best
04-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Hallelujah ... This news Just made my day ..
:worthy:GINOBILI

Budkin
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Sweet! That's a Manu Tres!

romsho
04-14-2011, 09:18 PM

Word. Sprain..no grade, degree, nothing. The next media session with Pop when reporters try to get clarification should go well. And by well I mean brutal.

lefty
04-14-2011, 09:28 PM
He can tweet with his arm !

:lol

tmtcsc
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Manu's not missing a chance to bitch slap the Grizzlies.

Budkin
04-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Manu's going to own the teddy bears.

JustinJDW
04-14-2011, 10:06 PM
If the pain is almost gone after a day, then how the hell will he not be ready after three more? Ah, whatever. I'll leave it to the medics. I just hope he'll be ok.

silverblackfan
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Just glad to hear it is not serious. Grizzlies should take a beating anyway with Manu out on Sunday. My only fear is the time of day. Spurs have been practicing all year in the afternoon. An early start messes with their schedule, but its the playoffs.
Its a whole new level.

Dex
04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
G2y8Sx4B2Sk

:lol

crc21209
04-14-2011, 10:53 PM
GREAT news....:tu

Spursnlego
04-14-2011, 11:03 PM
:spin

SnakeBoy
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
G2y8Sx4B2Sk

:lol He really doesn't know what it means does he?

tlongII
04-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Definitely bad news. He won't play in game 1 and his shooting is likely to be adversely affected when he does play.

DesignatedT
04-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Definitely bad news. He won't play in game 1 and his shooting is likely to be adversely affected when he does play.

At least it isn't his shooting arm tbh.

DrSteffo
04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Good news! Game 1 is important and I hope he will be ready. If not we have to Neal with it and also play some D for a change.

Man In Black
04-14-2011, 11:51 PM
What I find funny is that the Spurs have a history of losing game 1 in every year they win the title. Manu sitting out, win or lose, is a good thing.

BoricuaCJA
04-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Awesome news!! I think we will win game 1 even if Manu doesn't play. Hill does play better at home.

Dex
04-14-2011, 11:56 PM

I'm sincerely hoping the Blazers can beat Dallas, just so they might stand a chance at making the Lakers break a sweat.

Unfortunately for you, that means it probably wont happen. Sorry tlong.

Solid D
04-14-2011, 11:58 PM
"The pain is almost gone"
Translation: I want to play

Pop will decide.

honestfool84
04-15-2011, 12:02 AM
i want a sweep.

get well sooner, Manu!

Sean Cagney
04-15-2011, 12:05 AM
What I find funny is that the Spurs have a history of losing game 1 in every year they win the title. Manu sitting out, win or lose, is a good thing.

Yep I thought of this today~!

Frenzy
04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
I think he'll even be back by Game 1. If most of the pain is actually gone, I'm sure he'll go by Sunday. Even if he broke his arm, he would try to be out there.

He'd play in a arm sling if he could. Not to mention he'd probably still get steals.

1Parker1
04-15-2011, 12:15 AM
If I recall, twice the Spurs won the title when their first round opponent was the Grizzlies. And if I recall, both times they also lost Game 1...and then finished off the Grizz in 5. Hopefully history repeats this trend. :)

honestfool84
04-15-2011, 12:16 AM
If I recall, twice the Spurs won the title when their first round opponent was the Grizzlies. And if I recall, both times they also lost Game 1...and then finished off the Grizz in 5. Hopefully history repeats this trend. :)

the Grizzlies have never won a playoff game.

VBM
04-15-2011, 12:17 AM

The Grizz have never won a playoff game

ALVAREZ6
04-15-2011, 12:39 AM
If the pain is almost gone after a day, then how the hell will he not be ready after three more? Ah, whatever. I'll leave it to the medics. I just hope he'll be ok.

CIA Spurs.

Grizz gonna think Manu won't play, they're gonna plan like he won't, a La Lakers: "OMG WHY ISNT DUNCAN MANU TONY DYESS PLAYING" omg :cry :cry :cry now we have to play bonner and novak.

And then Manu walks out of tunnel and rapes whores.

ALVAREZ6
04-15-2011, 12:40 AM

lol.

1p1, you're definitely thinking about the Denver Nuggets in 05.

ALVAREZ6
04-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Fuck it, Spurs could even go down 0-2 and still win this series in game 6. This shit shit is a non-issue.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2011, 12:45 AM

Nugz that is, when we beat Memphis in 04 we lost to LA round two!

Nugs 05 and 07 yes, Grizz naw we swept them in 04 and lost to LA in 6.

4>0rings
04-15-2011, 12:47 AM
The truth and what you want to believe are two different things.

Solid D
04-15-2011, 01:02 AM

With the Big 3, that's true. However, in 1999, the Spurs won game 1 vs. the T-Wolves but dropped game 2.

The Spurs lost game 1 in 2003 to PHX thanks to Starbury's 3 near half-court at the buzzer.
As was stated, Game 1 vs Denver in 2005 and 2007 went to the Nuggz.

Fireball
04-15-2011, 03:23 AM
"Pain is almost gone" sounds very good and knowing Ginobili he does not want to miss the first game. But remember the Grizzlies do not only play physical with their bigs. Fucking Tony Allen will make sure Manu feels some pain in his elbow again every time Ginobili tries to go to the basket. So I expect Manu's aggressiveness to be limited ... hopefully not resulting in too much step back three point attempts!

milkyway21
04-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Manu is a warrior :danceclub:cheer:chestbump

if he plays well in the playoffs and we win the title(hopefully), I pray he'll win the finals MVP trophy. He truly deserves it this yr :worthy:

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 06:30 AM
The truth and what you want to believe are two different things.

No. t is correct here. Manu has always been a little delicate & anal in regards to injury. That Gortat kid for Phoenix broke his nose a month ago and the next night he was back like nothing happened. Manu broke his nose about a year ago, he was totally worthless and it led to The Skunker.

Let's wait to see Manu when he finally appears sometime after Game One. We'll see if he's off kilter. If he is...woe be to you.

Bruno
04-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Good news. It looks like he will be ready for game 1.

Brazil
04-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Good news. It looks like he will be ready for game 1.

I hope he will be ready because I'm pretty sure Allen is going to test him soon in the game

TMTTRIO
04-15-2011, 08:20 AM
I don't know about this. Manu will say anything to be able to play even though he may still be injured and hurting. We also know how he plays when he's still hurting and it's almost worse than if he sits out. Unlike Tim or Tony who know how to play through injuries Manu struggles with it Interesting though that Manu's wife also tweeted that everythings going to be

Bruno
04-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I hope he will be ready because I'm pretty sure Allen is going to test him soon in the game

Well, testing an elbow isn't that easy to do.

guzmangm
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't know about this. Manu will say anything to be able to play even though he may still be injured and hurting. We also know how he plays when he's still hurting and it's almost worse than if he sits out. Unlike Tim or Tony who know how to play through injuries Manu struggles with it Interesting though that Manu's wife also tweeted that everythings going to be

An injured Manu playing means lots of turnovers.

Brazil
04-15-2011, 09:08 AM

I lol'ed :lol

u're right Bruno but I'm sure Allen will find a way

lefty
04-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Allen is stupid; he is so overrated as defensive player.
I can see Manu's pumpfakes sending Allen next to Gervin's retired jersey.

Espceially if Manu goes to his right

TampaDude
04-15-2011, 10:46 AM
If Manu isn't 100%, we can rest him on Sunday and unleash the Hill on the Jizzlies.

shyne
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Well the good thing is he shouldnt have tired legs.

Dex
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM

This. People seem to be worried about the Grizz going after Manu's hurt elbow. but it's a lot harder to that that with an elbow than with say, a knee or an ankle. The only way to really attack someones elbow would be to actually take a good strike at it, and refs would catch that right away unless they happened to do it while making a play on the ball.

shyne
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Manu is gonna come out on the court Sunday wearing the Kevin Willis elboew pads lol.

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 11:16 AM
This. People seem to be worried about the Grizz going after Manu's hurt elbow. but it's a lot harder to that that with an elbow than with say, a knee or an ankle. The only way to really attack someones elbow would be to actually take a good strike at it, and refs would catch that right away unless they happened to do it while making a play on the ball.

Manu & Dex=two anals.:lmao

YoMamaIsCallin
04-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Going on record here to say Manu will NOT play in Game 1. The Spurs are historically very conservative on bringing players back from injury. Plus it's game 1 of the first round. And they have Neal and Green all tuned up and ready to go -- they are not near Manu's all-star level, but they are now strong contributors.

Remember Manu is a two-handed player. Why risk re-injuring the arm, or having Manu struggle through a subpar performance, when you can have him eating raw meat in his eagerness to get out there by next Wednesday?

jag
04-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Going on record here to say Manu will NOT play in Game 1.

How bold of you

Sii
04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Going on record here to say Manu will NOT play in Game 1. The Spurs are historically very conservative on bringing players back from injury. Plus it's game 1 of the first round. And they have Neal and Green all tuned up and ready to go -- they are not near Manu's all-star level, but they are now strong contributors.

Remember Manu is a two-handed player. Why risk re-injuring the arm, or having Manu struggle through a subpar performance, when you can have him eating raw meat in his eagerness to get out there by next Wednesday?

perhaps but being conservative in the regular season is one thing..sitting players out of playoff games if they can play is another.

also remember Duncan, Manu, and especially Tony Parker all came back from injury this year FAR faster than was originally claimed or anyone expected. People claimed Pop would be conservative and force them to sit as long as possible and it never happened...hell Parker was back the next game after it was said he would likely miss 2-4 weeks. Seems the past has been thrown out this year

Bruno
04-15-2011, 11:40 AM

Grizzlies could go after his arm by doing big screens on him but it will test his shoulder and not his elbow.

A flying armbar would be a great way to go after his elbow but Allen will need to be damn creative to put that move during a basketball game.

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I think the Grizz will just take theyr'n' & try to beat your'n'. That's what men do.

Spurs Fan is not familiar with that route. They're used to Pop usein' poltices, spells, eye of nutes, hexes, Magic 8 Balls, 1-800 calls to Gypsies, Mentalo's. That kind of malarky.

Dex
04-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I think the Grizz will just take theyr'n' & try to beat your'n'. That's what men do.

Spurs Fan is not familiar with that route. They're used to Pop usein' poltices, spells, eye of nutes, hexes, Magic 8 Balls, 1-800 calls to Gypsies, Mentalo's. That kind of malarky.

Don't forget hack-a-shaq.

TheSpurglar
04-15-2011, 12:14 PM
That Gortat kid for Phoenix broke his nose a month ago and the next night he was back like nothing happened.

Yup. He carried them all the way to the playoffs with that busted shnozzola. What a warrior.

Oh, wait...

PDXSpursFan
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
No way Pop will allow Manu play Sunday.

dn0774
04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
All this talk about the Spurs being shorthanded possibly yet the Grizzlies will be shorthanded all series; Rudy Gay is out for the season people. While the Grizzlies have had time to adjust to that Rudy was still the focal point of their offense until like a month ago when he got hurt.

Bottom line, the game is in SA...bench players (ours in particular) seem to be lights out at home. Imo, sit Manu game 1 and roll the dice that the team can win it without him and if they do win have him sit for game 2 as well unless he checks out at 100% (or as close to it as possible). We need to be able to beat an equally shorthanded 8 seed team at home, anything less would have nothing to do with Manu being out and everything to do with the team drastically under performing.

duncan228
04-15-2011, 02:06 PM
Put this in the series preview thread, thought it belongs here too.

Just a couple of quotes, hit the link for the whole piece.

Pop says Manu still doubtful, Hill will likely start in Game 1 (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/15/pop-says-manu-still-doubtful-hill-will-likely-start-in-game-1/)
Tim Griffin

...“As things stand, he’s doubtful for the game,” Popovich said about Ginobili. “He’s working out and doing cardio with his legs.”

..."You’d prefer that it happened early so that you can adjust to an injury and get in a rhythm with that particular team,” Popovich said. “It’s really unfortunate it would happen in the last game of the season. But it did.”

...Popovich said he has been told by team doctors that Ginobili likely will be able to play sometime during the course of the series. With Game 2 not until Wednesday, Ginobili would have two more days to prepare if he started Game 2.

“He will be back at some time, that’s for sure,” Popovich said.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/15/pop-says-manu-still-doubtful-hill-will-likely-start-in-game-1/

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I just hope George steps up. Plus, Neal, Blair and Bonner better play good from the bench.

mingus
04-15-2011, 02:20 PM
my hope would be that Manu doesn't play game 1, however i think the Grizz will come out knowing that if they're going to steal a game it's going to be this one if he's out. they're definitely going to bring it. having said that, i think the Spurs are going to need something from Manu, even if it's just his presence on the court for 15 minutes. i don't see him not dressing out at least, just in case the Spurs find themselves in a situation where they simply can't get over-the-hump in terms of scoring.

Man In Black
04-15-2011, 02:21 PM
http://www.mcdavidusa.com/imagezoom/zoom.asp?ITEM_ID=426

I would add some kinesio tape underneath for extra support but Manu should wear one of these.

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Great news! I think he'll play

tlongII
04-15-2011, 04:53 PM

Sure it is. All you have to do is give him a little chuck every time he crosses the key. I guarantee Allen and/or the Memphis big men are going to bang him a little. He's hurt so why not?

Mugen
04-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Sure it is. All you have to do is give him a little chuck every time he crosses the key. I guarantee Allen and/or the Memphis big men are going to bang him a little. He's hurt so why not?

What were the 50s like?

ace3g
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.mcdavidusa.com/imagezoom/zoom.asp?ITEM_ID=426

I would add some kinesio tape underneath for extra support but Manu should wear one of these.

I have a feeling he will wear something similar to this, basically what Splitter wears.

Martin R
04-15-2011, 06:44 PM
He'll miss a max of one game, but I can see him suiting up on Sunday.

this

xtremesteven33
04-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I would bet on Manu sitting out game 1. Pop looks at the big picture all the time and realizes the road to the championship is a long one and knows he needs Manu to fully heal this injury or it could get worse if not fully healed.

I for one would like to see Manu sit the first game out. If we win, then the question is should we play him game 2? Give him even more time to rest and heal up. Bring him back game 3 and let him come out with veangence.

Fpoonsie
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
I for one would like to see Manu sit the first game out. If we win, then the question is should we play him game 2? Give him even more time to rest and heal up. Bring him back game 3 and let him come out with veangence.

People keep hoping for this, while also saying that Manu tends to come off of injuries slowly.

:wtf

spurtech09
04-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Manu's going to own the teddy bears.
care :downspin:bears

ArtVandelay
04-15-2011, 07:46 PM
kobe would play
he's a piece of shit but he's bruce willis in unbreakable tough

100%duncan
04-15-2011, 10:01 PM
manu is going to return and the grizz will be fucked

jjktkk
04-15-2011, 10:10 PM
People keep hoping for this, while also saying that Manu tends to come off of injuries slowly.

:wtf

The difference imo, is that Ginoboli realizes its playoff time, balls to the walls. Rest in the Summer.

SenorSpur
04-15-2011, 11:53 PM
If his elbow is still a little gimpy, I'd rather he miss Game 1. And if it means having him solid for Game 2, it would be worth it.

TE
04-16-2011, 12:24 AM
If his elbow is still a little gimpy, I'd rather he miss Game 1. And if it means having him solid for Game 2, it would be worth it.
Also I don't know what the risk is, but therein exists one. Manu reinjuring his elbow in light of him playing a game that he should rather sit out would damage the Spurs playoff chances altogether. I hope Pop and the staff have critically assessed this.

ChuckD
04-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Also I don't know what the risk is, but therein exists one. Manu reinjuring his elbow in light of him playing a game that he should rather sit out would damage the Spurs playoff chances altogether. I hope Pop and the staff have critically assessed this.

He could reinjure the elbow in any game in any series. Do you propose that he sit out the playoffs and heal up for next year?

Strike
04-16-2011, 05:26 AM
He could reinjure the elbow in any game in any series. Do you propose that he sit out the playoffs and heal up for next year?

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! Hold your horses there, cowboy. He could get hurt next year, too. Perhaps he should retire, lest he injure that elbow during the 2013-2014 season.

Spurs Brazil
04-16-2011, 01:03 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN
McDyess says if Manu doesn't play, it will be because docs/pop holds him out.
Parker: "I'm sure he's going to play." ... "almost impossible he's not going to play."
Tony Parker for one expects Manu to play. #notadoctor
Btw, regarding earlier tweet, manu drained six straight threes during aforementioned drill.
Pop still calls Manu doubtful for Game 1. Won't even cop to "game-time decision."
Watching Manu take threes with big robo cop pad on right elbow.

Budkin
04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN

Lionel Hollins: "Ginobili is going to play in this series. I believe he's going to play tomorrow."

SenorSpur
04-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Although I wouldn't want him to put himself at unnecessary risk - and I'm sure the Spurs coaching staff and team doctors will do everything to prevent that, but Manu may up and surprise us all.

DPG21920
04-16-2011, 02:40 PM
The only thing is that Manu more than almost any other "main guy" on a team is effected by injuries. It's like he can't function.

Tp9gospursgo
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.nba.com/2011/playoffs/2011/04/16/spurs-ginobili.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
Hes already practiced. My bet is he will play. :cheers