PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons says Grizzlies in 6

Axe Murderer
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Disagree, but he does make solid points. Golden State all over again?

http://sports.espn.go.com/san-antonio/nba/news/story?id=63464543 (http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f149/23717d1222146821-mark-tatum-man-without-face-mark_tatum_3.jpg/)

Venti Quattro
04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Another chapter in his Book of Basketball.

Greg Oden
he makes some solid points.

Fpoonsie
Solid article.

Good thing you avoided 'em!

DeadlyDynasty
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I will permanently move upstairs if this comes to fruition :lol

FkLA
04-14-2011, 08:54 PM
From never winning a playoff game to upsetting a #1 seed with championship experience? Very doubtful imho. They might get a game or two though.

IronMexican
I like the part when he talks about jacking off on asses and titties.

Axe Murderer
From never winning a playoff game to upsetting a #1 seed with championship experience? Very doubtful imho. They might get a game or two though.

I thought so too brah, but reading this article made me somewhat change my mind.

Not a fan of Simmons but this is a very solid article

BlackSwordsMan
04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Without Manu and Duncan averaging 7 points a game I wouldn't be surprised if spurs lose in the first round.

BlackSwordsMan
04-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Fuck the NBA when do the cowboys come back?

DMC
04-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Fuck the NBA when do the cowboys come back?

And you aren't talking about football I gather. You just want some men around.

Bill Simmons is solid. He might be mistaken, but his reasoning is hard to argue with. Then again, who ever predicted the Spurs to be a 1 seed?

Bartleby
04-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Typical Simmons article. The only thing missing is a reference to his dad bitching about the Celtics.

TE
04-14-2011, 09:04 PM
I guess we are out until next year. Oh well.

lil_penny
04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
wow he really put this series in perspective. lots of solid points imo.

lefty
04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
He has good points, but Spurs are gonna win anyway

Sean Cagney
04-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Clicks the link, what the fukk is that? GOOOD LORD this ruined my night there. :depressed

frodo
04-14-2011, 09:59 PM
first of all the grizz must win a GAME in the playoffs imho

Cessation
04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Grizz are pure hype, until they win a playoff game.

ManuBalboa
04-14-2011, 10:53 PM
I saw the Ripley's Believe it or Not story on that poor man. So sad. He got some uber rare mad sinus infection out of no where and lost his nose/eyes in days.

Reggie Williams
04-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Wow the points he makes about Neal and Hill are fucking retarded.

He then tries to make some asinine claim about Tony Allen and Sam Young being the x-factor.

Lol wtf.

Borosai
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
ESPN is reporting that Kobe just called Bill Simmons a fucking faggot.

VBM
04-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Javaris Crittenton??? Really?!?!?!?

rayjayjohnson
04-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Typical Simmons article. The only thing missing is a reference to his dad bitching about the Celtics.

lol

spurs10
04-15-2011, 12:35 AM
I believe if the Memphis Girlzzies believed in themselves, they would have manned up and played the Lakers. The Lakers, who lost 5 in a row, barely got by the Kings and SA's b-team, were just too scary for them. These fearless athletes "bravely ran away" and will now get what they have coming to them. Spurs in 5. Simmons sees Barkley get some attention, so he makes his bold prediction. In about two week we'll all know how right he is....wonder how much money he's got on Memphis?

dallaskd
04-15-2011, 12:37 AM
I believe if the Memphis Girlzzies believed in themselves, they would have manned up and played the Lakers. The Lakers, who lost 5 in a row, barely got by the Kings and SA's b-team, were just too scary for them. These fearless athletes "bravely ran away" and will now get what they have coming to them. Spurs in 5. Simmons sees Barkley get some attention, so he makes his bold prediction. In about two week we'll all know how right he is....wonder how much money he's got on Memphis?

lol

i MAke GOod POlls
04-15-2011, 12:56 AM
crofl I already know this is fake considering who the OP is and the fact that everybody is talking about "what a great article it is!"

I guess I'll click anyway to see what video/photo is behind the link

i MAke GOod POlls
04-15-2011, 12:57 AM
:lmao

Darrin
04-15-2011, 06:30 AM
That happens and the Spurs-Mavs rivalry will become very interesting. I pray it doesn't; I hold out hope for Zach Randolph.

KillerMamba
04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I actually kind of hope the Spurs win so they can take out Oklahoma City.

21_Blessings
04-15-2011, 03:48 PM
championship experience? Very doubtful imho. They might get a game or two though.

I recall seeing very similar postings from Spur fans, last year, before the Phoenix series.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Bill Simmons is an empty headed imbecile.

Obstructed_View
04-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I recall seeing very similar postings from Spur fans, last year, before the Phoenix series.

On the other side of that coin, I remember thinking championship experience was vaulable before the Phoenix series. :lol

z0sa
04-15-2011, 04:05 PM
LOL, no one is stupid enough to call Grizzlies in this one. Grizzlies are such tanking loser cunts.

21_Blessings
04-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Grizzlies are such tanking loser cunts.

Takes one to know one.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Takes one to know one.

How'd Laker pre-season go?

WeNeedLength
04-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Bill Simmons is blind and has anosmia... aka can't see or smell for shit! :lol

But seriously, wtf....

weebo
04-15-2011, 04:28 PM
how da fuck does that guy sneeze???

dunkman
04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Those are some bold predictions . . .

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
How'd Laker pre-season go?

It went great. The Spurs played their hearts out all year and got the #1 seed. The Lakers were complacent and nonchalant all year and ended up in a much easier playoff bracket :lol

Life just isn't fair sometimes :cry

z0sa
04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
It went great. The Spurs played their hearts out all year and got the #1 seed. The Lakers were complacent and nonchalant all year and ended up in a much easier playoff bracket :lol

Life just isn't fair sometimes :cry

Complacency and nonchalance, the hallmarks of champions :lol

Spurs played their hearts out to the tune of coasting their way to the #1 seed in a stacked WC.

Kobe sure looked complacent the other night when he was crying about the ref being a fucking faggot because the Spurs scrubs were frustrating him.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 04:58 PM

Kobe sure looked complacent the other night when he was crying about the ref being a fucking faggot because the Spurs scrubs were frustrating him.

Hasn't stopped them in recent history:lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 04:59 PM

Spurs played their hearts out to the tune of coasting their way to the #1 seed in a stacked WC.

Is that why Manu was playing in the last game of the year? :cry

z0sa
04-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Hasn't stopped them in recent history:lol

You mean a full season ago in a series everyone but lakerfan remembers for Perkins' injury and ridiculous reffing?

I think you should go make another thread about how the Lakers had a good run and it's over.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Is that why Manu was playing in the last game of the year? :cry

Apparently Pop was more worried about Phoenix than LA :lol ;)

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 05:02 PM
You mean a full season ago in a series everyone but lakerfan remembers for Perkins' injury and ridiculous reffing?

I think you should go make another thread about how the Lakers had a good run and it's over.

Injuries and refs....Spurfans stock excuses for everything. You guys never disappoint:lol

Hey, you wanna pick up the slack for that pussy O_V and bet who goes farther, Spurs or Lakers? My money's on LA...will at least one Spurfan sac up?

Reck
04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
What's gonna happen is, Memphis will lose badly and everyone is gonna point how retarded they were for blatantly tanking to get the Spurs only to lose.

They will become a joke for it.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Internet bet with a post-Gasol lakerfan? Are you joking? :lol

You should absolutely not be surprised no one takes you serious on that shit.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Internet bet with a post-Gasol lakerfan? Are you joking? :lol

You should absolutely not be surprised no one takes you serious on that shit.

Apparently you aren't informed of who is mediating my other bet:lmao

I'll give you a hint: She owns this site.

Muser
04-15-2011, 05:08 PM
lol king of gnsf

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Apparently you aren't informed of who is mediating my other bet:lmao

I'll give you a hint: She owns this site.

Now that you are privy to this information zosa, how about that bet?

If you don't wanna lose money, we can sig, ELE, or username color/team change bet?

The ball's in your court now. O_V pussed out, let's see if you're a bigger man

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Your silence is golden.

clambake
04-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Now that you are privy to this information zosa, how about that bet?

If you don't wanna lose money, we can sig, ELE, or username color/team change bet?

The ball's in your court now. O_V pussed out, let's see if you're a bigger man

Your silence is golden.

how does it go? boom roasted?

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:41 PM
lol DD and his momentary minute windows of opportunity to reply or else you're avoiding him.

We're not sitting in the topic waiting incredibly anxious for a reply like you apparently are. You did the same shit with O_V and it was hilarious then, too. The 8 minute gauntlet you put him through, as you aptly described it. Now you've put me through a 20 minute one, I presume? :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 05:48 PM
lol DD and his momentary minute windows of opportunity to reply or else you're avoiding him.

We're not sitting in the topic waiting incredibly anxious for a reply like you apparently are. You did the same shit with O_V and it was hilarious then, too. The 8 minute gauntlet you put him through, as you aptly described it. Now you've put me through a 20 minute one, I presume? :lol

In both cases, both of you never left the threads :lmao

In fact, you responded to my previous posts in this thread within 1 to 4 minutes. Why the long wait now?:lmao

Not only that, you both are STILL avoiding the bet. 8 minutes, 20 minutes, how much time you need?...I call you out b/c you both are transparent little bitches that won't put anything on the line.

You know the Lakers are better, or else you'd man up and throw down

clambake
04-15-2011, 05:50 PM
"man up and throw down" he said.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 05:55 PM
"man up and throw down" he said.

testify clam!

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:58 PM
In both cases, both of you never left the threads :lmao

In fact, you responded to my previous posts in this thread within 1 to 4 minutes. Why the long wait now?:lmao

Not only that, you both are STILL avoiding the bet.

You know the Lakers are better, or else you'd man up and throw down

:sleep You don't get respect from me, homie. Nor most spur fans, so once again, shouldn't surprise you that no one cares what a random post Gasol lakerfan challenges you with.

Even if you weren't an honorless post-Gasol laker scumbag, I don't bet on vague made up bullshit like "Whos going further?!?!?!" 2 weeks before we'll even know the second round matchups. You want to bet on a certain game between the Spurs and Lakers, or hell, even a whole series between Spurs and Lakers, I'm game.

After all that talk about how LA got the easiest path without even trying, you sure are acting a big vagina with this "whole playoffs" bet shit.

oh, and about the not responding when you demand stuff, if you notice the timings, it would almost be like I had been posting at work, clocked out, and drove home. Closing the browser doesn't log you out.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
:cheer :cheer

:lol I thought you more clever than that shit.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
:sleep You don't get respect from me, homie. Nor most spur fans, so once again, shouldn't surprise you that no one cares what a random post Gasol lakerfan challenges you with.

Even if you weren't an honorless post-Gasol laker scumbag, I don't bet on vague made up bullshit like "Whos going further?!?!?!" 2 weeks before we'll even know the second round matchups. You want to bet on a certain game between the Spurs and Lakers, or hell, even a whole series between Spurs and Lakers, I'm game.

After all that talk about how LA got the easiest path without even trying, you sure are acting a big vagina with this "whole playoffs" bet shit.

You could've summed up that useless diatribe with: "No, I'm afraid to take this bet."

If you talk shit but refuse to back it up, your words are empty.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
You could've summed up that useless diatribe with: "No, I'm afraid to take this bet."

If you talk shit but refuse to back it up, your words are empty.

I offered you a counter-proposal. Looks like the ball is in your court to me, since you admitted your bet is Laker-sided.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:09 PM
The Spurs are the #1 seed and have HCA throughout the WC. They also "handled the Lakers this season" according to your buddy O_V, so why the hesitation?

Where's that unbridled Spurfan confidence? Drive for Five, right?

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I offered you a counter-proposal. Looks like the ball is in your court to me, since you admitted your bet is Laker-sided.

I will happily accept the counter bet....Spurs-Lakers series only, correct?

What are the terms?

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
The Spurs are the #1 seed and have HCA throughout the WC. They also "handled the Lakers this season" according to your buddy O_V, so why the hesitation?

Where's that unbridled Spurfan confidence? Drive for Five, right?

O_V is not my buddy, 1.

2, I gave you a fair bet in response.

Sack up for pure Spurs vs. Lakers, or sit down and shut up.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I will happily accept the counter bet....Spurs-Lakers series only, correct?

What are the terms?

O_V is not my buddy, 1.

2, I gave you a fair bet in response.

Sack up for pure Spurs vs. Lakers, or sit down and shut up.

Ahem...read above

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Straight LA vs SA in a 7 game series. I'm a poor college dude with plenty of bills but I got $75 on my boys in Silver and Black. We can mediate through Kori, as you suggested.

If either is eliminated and a series does not occur, bet's off. Thoughts?

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Straight LA vs SA in a 7 game series. I'm a poor college dude with plenty of bills but I got $75 on my boys in Silver and Black. We can mediate through Kori, as you suggested.

:lol We've all been there, it's all good. $75 it is, and if the Spurs win I'll send you a case of Top Ramen to boot :tu

Yes, mediation is a necessity, so there is no opportunity for welching/lying.

This brings us to the next big question...lay down the bet now, or later?

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:17 PM

If either is eliminated and a series does not occur, bet's off. Thoughts?

Deal.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
As soon as we are sure Spurs vs Lakers is going to happen, one of us will start a thread/pm whatever, if needed, and we'll both thrown down the money then.

As for the top ramen, I got plenty. LOL'

GL.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:20 PM
As soon as we are sure Spurs vs Lakers is going to happen, one of us will start a thread/pm whatever, if needed, and we'll both thrown down the money then.

As for the top ramen, I got plenty. LOL'

GL.

:lol

Deal. Props for stepping up.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:21 PM
:tu Makes these playoffs, which should be some of the best in a long time, even more exciting.

DeadlyDynasty
04-15-2011, 06:23 PM
:tu Makes these playoffs, which should be some of the best in a long time, even more exciting.

Most def.

"Money won is a lot sweeter than money earned." :lol

clambake
04-15-2011, 06:28 PM
watch out. zosa's probably gonna break out some scripture.

Bito Corleone
04-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Seemed appropriate. If you ever listen to the BS Report, and do or don't know who Ronald Jenkees is, you should definitely watch. :toast

EvCaK1_CRCo

Andrew Bynum
04-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Doesn't really matter cause the Spurs aren't getting past OKC anyways. And if they do they have zero chance against LA. Definitely one of the weakest number one seeds ever. It's not disrespect it's just truth.

Reck
04-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Doesn't really matter cause the Spurs aren't getting past OKC anyways. And if they do they have zero chance against LA. Definitely one of the weakest number one seeds ever. It's not disrespect it's just truth.

lol noob.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 09:14 PM
w1RvA7QI0TM

preview of things to come

Reck
04-15-2011, 11:00 PM
w1RvA7QI0TM

You just know Timmy is gonna beast on this team.

Jloyola
04-30-2011, 06:47 PM

Grizz are pure hype, until they win a playoff game.

He then tries to make some asinine claim about Tony Allen and Sam Young being the x-factor.

Lol wtf.

LOL, no one is stupid enough to call Grizzlies in this one. Grizzlies are such tanking loser cunts.

Those are some bold predictions . . .

how da fuck does that guy sneeze???

Bill Simmons is blind and has anosmia... aka can't see or smell for shit! :lol

But seriously, wtf....

You just know Timmy is gonna beast on this team. :flag:

ElNono
04-30-2011, 06:54 PM

Lol wtf.

:lmao

ElNono
04-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I will permanently move upstairs if this comes to fruition :lol

BlackSwordsMan
04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
axe fucking murder
how could you

Darthkiller
04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
What's gonna happen is, Memphis will lose badly and everyone is gonna point how retarded they were for blatantly tanking to get the Spurs only to lose.

They will become a joke for it.

:rollin:rollin

Jt.ONE
04-30-2011, 07:37 PM
w1RvA7QI0TM

lolol preview

Pero
04-30-2011, 07:39 PM