PDA

View Full Version : Just saw "Your Highness"

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Highly recommend to anyone with a sense of humor or that likes to get high.

Don't listen to the reviews. It's constant laughery.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I thought it was really cool how some of the characters were actually robots/costumes. Very reminiscent of fantasy movies from the 80's. Not every creature had to be CGI.

If this movie was PG with this budget and production, I probably would have liked it too. But with Danny McBride style jokes, it was a constant laugh fest.

I bet anyone who bites the bullet to go see this one ends up coming back satisfied.

IronMexican
04-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Are there any good Kenny fucking Powers moments?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
He pretty much carries the movie, so yeah. It's funny, he will go from talking faux-british voice one line to the kenny powers voice the next line.

SA210
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
Saw it opening day, laughed my ass off.
"It's my birthday today"..."F**that" :lol

:tu:tu

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
crofl
everyone at the movie was laughing constantly

that tells me a lot of people out there aren't giving it a chance

If you are remotely into fantasy-based movies, and have half a sense of humor, go see it. I thought it was pretty bad ass also cuz they had such a big budget to work with. The effects were awesome, the costumes and scenery ruled.

DPG21920
04-14-2011, 11:56 PM
It was good

CubanSucks
04-15-2011, 12:20 AM
They must've saved every funny part from being in the commercials cause there wasn't anything remotely funny in them or the trailers

ALVAREZ6
04-15-2011, 12:30 AM
i'd love to be baked

symple19
04-15-2011, 12:38 AM
i'd love to be baked

Turn on your oven, and climb in.

The world would be a better place

ALVAREZ6
04-15-2011, 12:42 AM
Turn on your oven, and climb in.

The world would be a better place

haha

funny guy. My oven actually is turned on, but not for long after I pull those boneless wings out. You want to suck my manhood?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-15-2011, 09:33 AM
They must've saved every funny part from being in the commercials cause there wasn't anything remotely funny in them or the trailers

I honestly did not know it was an explicit stoner comedy. I thought it was a fantasy comedy only. That's cuz the previews hardly showed what was really in the movie. When i got to the theater and saw it was rated R, I realized I was in for some awesome laughs. People need to support rated R comedies. This one is hilarious.

Leetonidas
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
haha

funny guy. My oven actually is turned on, but not for long after I pull those boneless wings out. You want to suck my manhood?

:lmao

I lol'd

monosylab1k
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
This one was okay. Not nearly as bad as the critics reviews. It had a decent amount of laughs, but it's no comedy classic. It's nowhere near as good as Pineapple Express. Then again, the first time I saw Pineapple Express I wasn't all that impressed with it, it took a second viewing for me to really like it. I definitely want to see this one again.

best scene:

"come on, kiss the wizard!"
".................................fuck no"

:lol

monosylab1k
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
SZ69CDKD3jw

:lmao

The 4cc Dictionary
04-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Highly recommend to anyone with a sense of humor or that likes to get high.

Don't listen to the reviews. It's constant laughery.

Huh? CBF not scoffing a mainstream movie???

Your membership in the mookie crew is now under review i saaaaaiiiiiiiddddddddd

Cant_Be_Faded
04-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Huh? CBF not scoffing a mainstream movie???

Your membership in the mookie crew is now under review i saaaaaiiiiiiiddddddddd

I didn't realize it was main stream. Popular actors, big budget, yes, but they hardly advertised it compared to pineapple express. Like i said the commercials were not even indicative of what type of comedy it was. Even if you call it main stream, its really funny and not enough people were in the theatre. That's why i started the thread, to convince others to go see it. You could do a lot worse at the movies right now.
I haven't seen it twice so can't tell about any replay value. Hopefully it holds up.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I honestly did not know it was an explicit stoner comedy. Your Highness

Viva Las Espuelas
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I didn't realize it was main stream.

I honestly did not know it was an explicit stoner comedy.

Damn, boy. You don't realize much of anything, do you :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Damn, boy. You don't realize much of anything, do you :lol

A movie on a friday at twenty percent capacity can't claim to be main stream. Call me old fashioned but i don't believe it works that way. The previews showed generic liners and a lot of talk about princes and kings so i took the title literally.

TheTruth
04-26-2011, 07:17 AM
It was pretty funny. If you like Danny McBride you'll like this movie.

SA210
04-26-2011, 07:55 PM
I plan on seeing it again this weekend since my bro hasnt seen it yet. :lol Love that clip