PDA

View Full Version : Denis Scott and Greg Anthony pick Thunder over Spurs in 2nd round

Spursnlego
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
What do you think about that?

slick'81
04-14-2011, 10:58 PM
dear god no

Man In Black
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I think they're following the big city media propaganda. Hook, line, and sinker. What they hope is that the Spurs don't fuck up the Lakers Heat Finals they're craving and trying to ... HOLLYWOOD MANUFACTURE. It's the same way they gave Blake Griffin, the slam dunk title. Did he really win it? It was more like, that's close enough...we'll give it to you.

That's what Big City Media tries to do every year. This year, they've anchored themselves to 2 quality young American Stars in hopes of making the team best known for International starts to go away, so that they can get, what they feel, a sexier team to the Western Conference Finals. I hope that either the Hornets, unlikely, or the Mavericks, can screw the LAL's plan and crash the Conference Finals opposite the Spurs.

DesignatedT
04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
They wont be the only ones picking them if it comes down to those teams.

toki9
04-14-2011, 11:11 PM
i think many people would...and it's not a crazy pick...OKS is scary good...they just need a little seasoning...I'm just not sure if adding Perkins is enough for them...

celldweller
04-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Greg anthony = :rolleyes

:stupid:= Dennis Scott

Fpoonsie
04-14-2011, 11:18 PM
:madrun

DesignatedT
04-14-2011, 11:23 PM
If the Spurs can get past Memphis in 5 and Manu is healthy then I definitely like our chances against OKC.

DMC
04-14-2011, 11:26 PM
dear god no
:lmao

Sean Cagney
04-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Dennis Scott can turn into Nick Nick Anderson when it comes to picks, and brick the big one so fuck it I don't think about his picks.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh noes.

DPG21920
04-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Let's just worry about MEM

pku47
04-14-2011, 11:37 PM
So we can beat Memphis, well done.

GrandeDavid
04-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Spurs over in Thunder in five.

coachmac87
04-14-2011, 11:49 PM
The Spurs path to the Western Finals really preps them for facing the Lakers. Both OKC and MEM have size simlar to LA and if we get past them we will be fine.

timtonymanu
04-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Why do analysts keep picking winners of series that have yet to be determined?

san antonio spurs
04-15-2011, 12:14 AM

I guess it would be for bracket purposes.
Also don't forget they are highly paid to speculate...so in a way, they are doing their job.

howbouthemspurs
04-15-2011, 01:01 AM
two of the biggest retards in broadcasting

1Parker1
04-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Meh, Thunder are a tough matchup for the Spurs after the Perkins trade. Westbrook vs. Parker will be interesting to watch. Durant vs. Ginobili will be tough too. Perkins vs. Duncan?

If this matchup happens, It'll come down to George Hill and his ability defend Durant even a little bit and Parker's ability to control Westbook, even a little bit.

afireinside20
04-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Greg Anthony just can't get over the Sean Elliott's Memorial Day triple on his punk Blazer team in 99. He's always been a Spurs hater since.

Sean Cagney
04-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Greg Anthony just can't get over the Sean Elliott's Memorial Day triple on his punk Blazer team in 99. He's always been a Spurs hater since.

Yes but was he in Porltand the year later when LA stole game 7? If so why not hate them? I know the media is trained to love them guys but damn that had to hurt worse? Two costed titles there in two games IMO! IF PORTLAND beats us in game two they are into it and maybe get to 7 games and who knows then! LA they just got damn blew it! Up 13 late in game 7 and folded.

ajh18
04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
One advantage we have playing Memphis is that all the hype around them as a potential to upset us will make sure we don't overlook the Grizzlies. Not that Pop would let us do that anyway.

But the Thunder are young, and if they get too excited about meeting us in rd 2, they could easily overlook a very capable Denver team in round 1. Denver won 50 games, and have ZERO expectations on them. That makes for a very dangerous young team with nothing to lose. I actually see an outside chance for an upset in that series.

tmtcsc
04-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Interesting. Especially since Round 1 hasn't begun. Denver will give OKC all they can handle. It's a whole new season. Memphis is going to get spanked.

TE
04-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Don't matter. Greg Anthony has always been a Spur-hater and will never give them a shot. Who the fuck is Dennis Scott?

gospursgojas
04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Don't matter. Greg Anthony has always been a Spur-hater and will never give them a shot. Who the fuck is Dennis Scott?

Greg Anthony hates the sweep the Spurs gave him in 99 and Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson were Shaqs Bonner and Neal in Orlando.

TE
04-15-2011, 01:49 AM
Greg Anthony hates the sweep the Spurs gave him in 99 and Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson were Shaqs Bonner and Neal in Orlando.
The part about Scott explains a lot.

dbestpro
04-15-2011, 06:30 AM
My gut tells me that OKC and Chicago will get the Stern playoff calls to the finals. It is a nice way for him to mix it up before the lockout and declare that he is doing his job to the owners than normally get jobbed.

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Spurs over in Thunder in five.

I would appreciate it.

Then just wait there. We'll be along.

lefty
04-15-2011, 08:06 AM
What do you think about that?
LMAO Grizzlies and Nuggets ?

Kool Bob Love
04-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Who the fuck is Dennis Scott?

The next 2pac.

hPXdBQmelWE

:lol

mytespurs
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM

Because they speculate-that's what they all do.

And for the record, NONE of the various talking heads are picking the Spurs for WCF-it's either Lakers or OKC.

While it bugs the fanbase that the Spurs aren't getting any love, I don't think Pop or the boys mind one bit. :king

Jimcs50
04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
That is if we get past Memphis. I think Spurs are going to lay an egg in playoffs

DMC
04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
That is if we get past Memphis. I think Spurs are going to lay an egg in playoffs

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It's such a different game in the playoffs, glaring weaknesses get glaringly exposed.

alchemist
04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
<-------------- does not give a fuck, you shouldn't either

sa_butta
04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Thunder are actually a scary matchup for us, they have given us problems in the past so it is not really far fetched like picking the Grizz over the Spurs in the first. I believe we can beat OKC in a series, but it would not be impossible for them to beat us if we were not playing well...Hell we almost blew homecourt down the stretch with a six game losing streak.

Flux451
04-15-2011, 09:50 AM
No they didn't.

Dennis Scott said Spurs in 5, Greg Spurs in 6.

Peep the footage from NBATV. its 9 mins in length.

Stack is the one that picked GRizz. He was just being a hater and did a horrible analysis because of bias. Worst thing I ever seen on TV with a "professional" Looked very unprofessional, fuckin amature

George Gervin's Afro
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
well at least they have us getting by Memphis..:lmao

hater
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
seriously Thunder vs. Spurs is a pretty even series. Due to depth, experience and matchup advantage I have the Spurs winning chance at 60%

hater
04-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Stackhouse and Barry are biggest spurs haters on national tv

ajballer4
04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
We have problems against low post scorers. Last I checked, OKC had two post DEFENDERS

Bito Corleone
04-15-2011, 10:40 AM
No they didn't.

Dennis Scott said Spurs in 5, Greg Spurs in 6.

Peep the footage from NBATV. its 9 mins in length.

Stack is the one that picked GRizz. He was just being a hater and did a horrible analysis because of bias. Worst thing I ever seen on TV with a "professional" Looked very unprofessional, fuckin amature
You're right about them picking the Spurs over the Grizz, but obviously didn't not read the thread title before you posted...

temujin
04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I would appreciate it.

You'll be home watching a screen.

Period.

Sii
04-15-2011, 11:38 AM
The Thunder may not even make it past the first round. Good team but all these people assuming they are penciled into the WCF are fucking idiots. Win a playoff series first

Horse
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Yes but was he in Porltand the year later when LA stole game 7? If so why not hate them? I know the media is trained to love them guys but damn that had to hurt worse? Two costed titles there in two games IMO! IF PORTLAND beats us in game two they are into it and maybe get to 7 games and who knows then! LA they just got damn blew it! Up 13 late in game 7 and folded.
I will never believe that game was not a setup. That piece of shit shaq should only have one title from 2000. The league screwed portland and sacramento. And he did'nt do shit for miami in 06.

Horse
04-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Thunder are actually a scary matchup for us, they have given us problems in the past so it is not really far fetched like picking the Grizz over the Spurs in the first. I believe we can beat OKC in a series, but it would not be impossible for them to beat us if we were not playing well...Hell we almost blew homecourt down the stretch with a six game losing streak.
What the fuck, the whole team was hurt, what did you think would happen?

weebo
04-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Upset. Nuggs put a beat down on the Thunder.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It's such a different game in the playoffs, glaring weaknesses get glaringly exposed.

Umm...All teams have weaknesses and Memphis has many more weaknesses than Spurs have. That why they are a number 8 seed.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Upset. Nuggs put a beat down on the Thunder.

The Nuggs are my Cinderella team as well. They share the ball, have athletic bigs, great chemistry and with Carmelo gone much better chemistry and team defense.

Rummpd
04-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Thunder will not win 3 games from SAS - they have only two legit scorers and Mr. Single Single Perkins is woefully over-rated for what he supposedly did for Boston - he hardly played when it counted the last few years for them.

Also George Karl will mess with the minds of the two Thunder stars, believe me he will be doubling both off and on the whole series and Denver could well win that series.

Rummpd
04-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I would appreciate it.

You had better not hope it is against a relatively healthy Portland team when they get past the Mavs. A hot and motivated Portland team could take LAL to seven easily. Yes LAL should win that series but it could get scary for LAL in the semis - Mavs if they get there are relatively deep and talented but alas they will certainly choke at the lastest in the semis; so we have to hope for the Blazers to at least test LAL.