Starters
4 RWallace
5 BWallace

Bench
4 McDyess
5 Campbell
0 Milicic

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/photodraw/portraits/mohammed2.jpg

It is up to the prophet (of post play) Mohammed to win this championship for the Spurs. The Pistons have the frontcourt personnel to keep Duncan in check. Nazr must tip the balance in favor of the Spurs. When I get really drunk I see Radoslav taking a game over in the Finals but then I wake up in a cold sweat and vomit.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Nazr Will Earn His Extension This Series!

Sense
06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
It shouldn't be hard to play ben wallace.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Now you don't have to play Rasho Nesterovic. Big plus

timvp
06-06-2005, 10:41 PM
It shouldn't be hard to play ben wallace.

With takes like this, no wonder this guy has been banned before.

ducks
06-06-2005, 10:41 PM
No Kidding!

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2005, 11:30 PM
wE are goin to win cose milicic wont be gettin any minutes ahhaa

taruky
06-06-2005, 11:30 PM
That's actually a Turkish Sultan.

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Actually, that is Mohammed.

mattyc
06-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Need Horry to come up big again.

wildbill2u
06-07-2005, 10:16 AM

Everyone talks about the other matchups--but I think NASR vs. Ben will be the key. Remember how Wallace showed up big against Shaq last year, cleaning the glass and giving the Pistons all important posssessions?

With NASR's uncanny offensive rebounding, the Spurs should get some extra chances on offense. If he plays even with Wallace, then Duncan > Raheed and we win.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Everyone talks about the other matchups--but I think NASR vs. Ben will be the key. Remember how Wallace showed up big against Shaq last year, cleaning the glass and giving the Pistons all important posssessions?

With NASR's uncanny offensive rebounding, the Spurs should get some extra chances on offense. If he plays even with Wallace, then Duncan > Raheed and we win.

I would also add that the Laker D (especially sans Malone) was considerably weaker than what Detroit will be facing this year. LA had no one of Bowen's caliber defensively. Also, while Shaq is capable of playing strong defense he tends not to.

Any Detroit strategy to take on Duncan is going to rely heavily on the weakside post defender. Mohammed (and Horry) is going to have to make them pay for that.

spurs_fan_in_exile
Nazr vs. Ben could turn into a fist fight. Neither of them are particularly nasty or evil, but both are frustratingly active fighting for loose rebounds and I think as the series wears on things are going to get ugly.

duncan_21
Wallace is just plain awful on the offensive end. You really don't need to guard him. I look for mohammad to have a great series now that he doesn't have to play snaq.

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 11:25 AM

He hasn't already?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 11:30 AM
No need to guard Wallace? Certainly if you can force him out of the paint then let him shoot his jumper all day long. Better him than anyone else on that team. But you damn well better know exactly where someone that big is at all times. He's too strong and explosive a leaper to leave unguarded because he can destroy you if he get's a little room around the hoop and he loves to hit the offensive glass.

wildbill2u
06-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Wallace is just plain awful on the offensive end. You really don't need to guard him. I look for mohammad to have a great series now that he doesn't have to play snaq.

As I recall he had a monster (for him) offensive game early on in the Heat series. Just because no one was expecting him to be part of the gameplan.

Don't ever think that L. Brown isn't capable of giving you a few surprises.