PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Wilbon?

Halberto
04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
This guy is quickly becoming my favorite analyst. He doesn't make many stupid statements and has honest, sound opinions.

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Hal, is he the one who is terrified to fly, or, is it the other fellow?

TE
04-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Hal, is he the one who is terrified to fly, or, is it the other fellow?
Kornheiser.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Let me guess..... you like him because he's sucking off your beloved spurs?

Halberto
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
If anything he's sucking off the Bulls. Don't be mad because nobody respects the Mavs.

My lawn needs mowing fag.

lefty
04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Isn't he from Chicago?

The Gemini Method
04-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Isn't he from Chicago?

Yes. Wrote for the Tribune before making the leap to ESPN.

Bito Corleone
04-15-2011, 03:53 PM
What? You don't like it? I would think the thought of a man sucking off anyone would get you excited.

ohmwrecker
04-15-2011, 04:00 PM
I like PTI and I usually agree with Wilbon more than Kornheiser.

jjktkk
04-15-2011, 04:05 PM

If anyone knows about sucking one off....

z0sa
04-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Dude is a top notch writer. I have read multiple articles by him, while a PC kind of writer, he's definitely knowledgeable and educated. His commentary I avoid, like all the talking heads. They're paid to stir the pot, not speak their mind.

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 04:21 PM
His commentary I avoid, like all the talking heads. They're paid to stir the pot, not speak their mind.

Z, with the goods/per the unusual.

cheguevara
04-15-2011, 04:36 PM
fairweather analyst

Axe Murderer
04-15-2011, 04:41 PM
This guy is quickly becoming my favorite analyst. He doesn't make many stupid statements and has honest, sound opinions.

Agreed.

Listening to him on PTI, I agree with him 95% of the time over Kornheiser.

Tony just likes to raise his voice when giving his opinion as if it makes him right or something.

IronMexican
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
The entire ESPN NBA analyst cast is bad. It might not be them as much as it is having everything scripted. NBA TV and TNT are much better.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Z, with the goods/per the unusual.

The heat gettin' a little too hot for ya now that the real shit's startin'?

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
The heat gettin' a little too hot for ya now that the real shit's startin'?

My bootie hole is becoming a might tighter. How bout yours?

z0sa
04-15-2011, 05:44 PM
My bootie hole is becoming a might tighter. How bout yours?

These playoffs will (or should) be some of the best I've ever personally witnessed; and yes, the best part is I have no clue how far the Spurs will get (besides past Memphis, of course).

Giuseppe
04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
They are going to be special. I feel genuine anticipation this time around.

ManuBalboa
04-15-2011, 06:18 PM
He tries way too hard to be THE sports analyst concerning the topic of race.

Killakobe81
04-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Mehh I think both he and Kornheiser are not that good but ESPN has much worse. I just hate both of them (he on NBA Tony on NFL) as game analysts. But I agree he is not a bad writer.

I do appreciate the love he shows Magic, he is one of the few guys who argues that a case can be made for Magic being greater than MJ. Even i don't go that far ... (especially since i know I am biased because Magic is my all-time favorite player in any sport) but i like the fact he doesnt just dismiss the notion. The problem with many folks in sports they have their beliefs and refuse to even look at another point of view. sure MJ was the greater player, but why do folks get so offended when people compare players to him?
But despite this I still think he and Kornheiser are overrated. I do like the fact that they do tackle current sports topics and dont shy away from even crticizing their own network when called for. I respect that.

z0sa
04-15-2011, 06:25 PM

Only a little more waiting..

xtremesteven33
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Kornheiser is great.

ElNono
04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Wilbon is a frontrunner, not an analyst... he hypes anybody doing good, only to turn around and talk shit when the tide turns...

Much like every other analyst, they want to always be right...

DMC
04-15-2011, 07:32 PM

There are a couple monumental issues that will be addressed during this year's playoffs:

1. Will Kobe get 6?

2. Lebron's legacy

As much hype as a Kobe vs Lebron Finals has caused in the past so many years, could this be the year that the torch is passed and Lebron denies Kobe the 6th, or will reality set in and some nationally undesirable matchup like SAS vs Bulls once again spoil Nike's plans?

Halberto
04-15-2011, 09:47 PM
I didn't see any team tanking to play the Mavs.

Probably because you're too busy masturbating to your childish Naruto cartoons.

cobbler
04-15-2011, 09:57 PM
There are a couple monumental issues that will be addressed during this year's playoffs:

1. Will Kobe get 6?

2. Lebron's legacy

As much hype as a Kobe vs Lebron Finals has caused in the past so many years, could this be the year that the torch is passed and Lebron denies Kobe the 6th, or will reality set in and some nationally undesirable matchup like SAS vs Bulls once again spoil Nike's plans?

A bigger "monumental issue" for Laker TEAM fans is tying Boston at 17 and passing them next year. After, the torch gets passed to Drew and whoever the Lakers picked up by then. Lebron can't handle the fire.

We want to send Boston packing EVERY year.

leemajors
04-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Yes. Wrote for the Tribune before making the leap to ESPN.

He and Kornheiser both wrote for the Washington Post for 20+ years if I remember correctly. He is, of course, from the south side of Chicago.

SenorSpur
04-16-2011, 01:13 AM
I used to like Wilbon a lot. I have enjoyed his articles over the years. However, I found that he kisses up to star players a bit too much, for my liking. He usually stays away from any harsh criticism towards stars like LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Wade, etc. In fact, he often makes excuses for them.

Jacob1983
04-16-2011, 01:45 AM
Wilbon sucks. He never really states his opinion. He usually goes with flow. He never talks shit about Stern and the refs so I can't give him a lot of respect in that category. I know these analysts and commentators are hired hands but speak up about the refs and Stern if it bothers you or makes you wonder.

Halberto
04-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Wilbon sucks. He never really states his opinion. He usually goes with flow. He never talks shit about Stern and the refs so I can't give him a lot of respect in that category. I know these analysts and commentators are hired hands but speak up about the refs and Stern if it bothers you or makes you wonder.

I'm going to use one of Cully's lines:

Team: Dallas Mavericks

Greg Oden
04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
gn t-shirt longhorn sf cracking some jokes.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2011, 03:59 PM
I like PTI, but Wilbon is ass, just like 90% of the overall analysts and media people that cover the NBA..

TampaDude
04-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I like PTI, but Wilbon is ass, just like 90% of the overall analysts and media people that cover the NBA..

:lol