PDA

View Full Version : George Hill

coachmac87
04-15-2011, 03:58 PM
I think he can really pick up the slack for Manu these first 2 games if needed. IMO when he is aggressive he can be our 2nd best scorer besides Tony. He is our only player on the team that can shoot ANYWHERE on the floor, and he gets to the FT line. Regardless how Manu comes back from the injury if Hill stays aggressive and be that 4th offensive weapon the Spurs were hoping to get from DICK....then duhhhh:lobt:

Mel_13
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
If Manu doesn't play, will it be Hill or Neal in the starting line-up? I'd guess that Pop goes with Neal in the starting line-up and that Green gets the backup SF minutes behind RJ.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Hill starts in Manu's absence. Neal becomes 6th man.

Interesting to see if Novak or Green gets the nod for the SF back-up.

ajballer4
04-15-2011, 04:05 PM
If Manu doesn't play, will it be Hill or Neal in the starting line-up? I'd guess that Pop goes with Neal in the starting line-up and that Green gets the backup SF minutes behind RJ.

I think you're right. Although I would hope Green doesnt play and Pop just runs a really short rotation

duncan228
04-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Hill, Neal Ready To Fill In (http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html)
by Bill Schoening

http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html

TE
04-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Hill can pick up the slack, the question is will he?

Judging by last year's first round, he can step it up.

Here's to hoping he does.

coachmac87
04-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Start Hill, and call his # early and often. Were not only going to need him if Manu sits the next game or so, need him aggressive all postseason. Many is always shaky when he gets dinged up. Could be possible Manu never sees starting spot again, maybe could light a fire under his ass at the same time....

Holden_Caulfield
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
i like parker and hill together better anyways.

Mel_13
04-15-2011, 05:32 PM

Pop says Hill will start. We'll see if just shortens the rotation or uses Green at backup SF.

Libri
04-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Pop says Hill will start. We'll see if just shortens the rotation or uses Green at backup SF.

So who is going to be the backup point guard, Quinn?

Mel_13
04-15-2011, 05:53 PM
So who is going to be the backup point guard, Quinn?

It will be Hill. Hill is the backup point guard in name only. He plays shooting guard next to Tony and next to Manu. He normally plays very few minutes without Tony or Manu on the court.

So when Tony rests, Hill will be the PG with Neal at SG. It will be interesting to see what happens to the offense during those 10-14 minutes without a real playmaker on the court.

ducks
04-15-2011, 06:09 PM
can he bring it on the road though?

Fpoonsie
04-15-2011, 06:13 PM
can he bring it on the road though?

That's obviously the concern. He HAS shown flashes in away games this year that may indicate he's grown a bit. Plus, I don't consider MEM too daunting an arena to shake off some of your "away game" rust. Might be just the start he needs...

pgardn
04-15-2011, 06:37 PM
In the game without Parker in which Hill started against Memphis, Mike Conley pressured Hill and made him look awful. It had to be one of the worst games I have ever seen Hill play. Conley was in his hip pocket all night. I hope Hill has a short memory as well as MIke C.

On the other hand I look at Conley cover Parker and he backs way off and Parker still blows by him. So I hope Parker takes the majority of the minutes at PG. I think Conley feels very comfortable against Hill and is overly respectful of Parker.