PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think desereves Coach of the year?

Tp9gospursgo
04-15-2011, 08:29 PM
I personally think its gonna go to either pop or thibodeau.

jimo2305
04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
the key word is deserves.. and both pop and thibodeau do over the others.. however i think thibodeau will win it..

LakerHater
04-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Tom Thibodeau

Sisk
04-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Doug Collins deserves a ton of credit for what he's done, but it'll be pop or thib.

I'd vote for pop because I'm biased.

kaji157
04-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Certainly not pop.
Pop should get the "Even when my team showed me they can play otherwise i still hold them back by relying in things from the past" (like playing the red clunker)

Sisk
04-15-2011, 08:46 PM
(like playing the red clunker)

#1 in the NBA in 3 point shooting = clunker

Old School 44
04-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Karl or Thibs. I'd probably go with Karl.
With all the Melodrama and then finally the trade, most were expecting the Nuggets to either to squeak into the playoffs or out altogether.
He's basically had to coach two teams.

TE
04-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Tom Thibodeau

ElNono
04-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Thibs will get it and it will be well deserved.
Karl is a strong candidate, IMO. Same with Collins.
Spoelstra should get some credit too... not easy to handle a transition with stars like that, and when all is said and done, they have 58 wins in their pocket (with easily 5 buzzer beaters that didn't go in)...

Ari Gold
04-15-2011, 11:22 PM
rick adelman

urunobili
04-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Tom Thibodeau

gospursgojas
04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Bulls finishing with best overall record sealed it for Thibbs

DMC
04-16-2011, 12:06 AM
We will never know who's done the most for their team, but Thibbs has instilled a sense of defense in his team and dealt with injuries very well all year. It's not unusual that a 1st or 2nd year coach gets CoY, especially if the team was a bottom rung team, got a 1st overall pick and fired the coach at the same time. However, I think Thibbs is the goods.

Pop did really well, but he probably coached himself out of the award in the past few weeks since the voters seem to look more at record vs prior year than just about anything else.

I think it should be reserved until after the Finals. He could shit the bed in the playoffs.

DMC
04-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Thibs will get it and it will be well deserved.
Karl is a strong candidate, IMO. Same with Collins.
Spoelstra should get some credit too... not easy to handle a transition with stars like that, and when all is said and done, they have 58 wins in their pocket (with easily 5 buzzer beaters that didn't go in)...

I have to disagree about Spo. Wade was getting them to the playoffs. Lebron got them a couple spots higher.

Spo has just held on to his job. He hasn't done anything remarkable otherwise. If it only rests on record differential, then we have to look at NY as well, but we all know Mike D will never get CoY.

Nathan89
04-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Tom Thibodeau

DMC
04-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Certainly not pop.
Pop should get the "Even when my team showed me they can play otherwise i still hold them back by relying in things from the past" (like playing the red clunker)

You bring up a good point for sure. I thought all throughout the season that Pop was like a recovering addict. He had many moments of relapse back to his old style, lost trust in his decision to play up tempo and it cost the team at times. However, he fought through it pretty well, as did they.

Dex
04-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Thibs. Pop did a great job with this team this year, but making a semi-contender a contender isn't magic, especially when health is your smoke and and mirrors.

Bulls game outta nowhere, tho. Even I don't want any piece of them right now.

Capt Bringdown
04-16-2011, 01:56 AM
In terms of overcoming obstacles, Nate McMillan. The Blazers could have easily thrown in the towel after all their injuries. Nate got more out of a decimated squad than anyone expected IMO. That's true leadership.

Tp9gospursgo
04-16-2011, 02:58 AM
In terms of overcoming obstacles, Nate McMillan. The Blazers could have easily thrown in the towel after all their injuries. Nate got more out of a decimated squad than anyone expected IMO. That's true leadership.

That is very true. Him and George karl are wildcards IMO.

spurspokesman
04-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Tom Thibodeau

Cessation
04-16-2011, 03:48 AM
Thibs deserves it.
lol pop COY

will_spurs
04-16-2011, 04:47 AM
we all know Mike D will never get CoY.

You mean the award he got in the 04-05 season? Or another award? :lol

Pop has done well this year, but he has done badly, too. I don't see him getting it in the same year that the Spurs had their longest losing streak in the Duncan era, and choking on the #1 seed overall like that.

On the other hand Thibodeau has clearly turned Chicago around, especially on D, got the #1 seed, etc.

However Stein saying he was going to vote for Pop makes me think there's still a chance Pop gets it.

Strike
04-16-2011, 05:38 AM
#1 in the NBA in 3 point shooting = clunker

Clunking in every playoff series = clunker.

DBMethos
04-16-2011, 06:36 AM
Thibodeau should get it. Anyone who had Tiago Splitter rotting on the bench while the Turd Towers were getting abused by every frontcourt player out there should not be COY.

Bito Corleone
04-16-2011, 09:34 AM
I personally think its gonna go to either pop or thibodeau.
Well that's going out on a limb...

Tp9gospursgo
04-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Well that's going out on a limb...

Well, those are the 2 obvious choices. Was just wondering who everything thought deserved it more. If Spurs didn't have that huge losing streak i think Pop would've had it sealed, but we will see....

DMC
04-16-2011, 11:20 AM
You mean the award he got in the 04-05 season? Or another award? :lol

Pop has done well this year, but he has done badly, too. I don't see him getting it in the same year that the Spurs had their longest losing streak in the Duncan era, and choking on the #1 seed overall like that.

On the other hand Thibodeau has clearly turned Chicago around, especially on D, got the #1 seed, etc.

However Stein saying he was going to vote for Pop makes me think there's still a chance Pop gets it.

It was sarcasm. Should have used blue fonts I suppose.

Thibbs only drawback will be credit shared between him and the MVP if Rose gets it. How can both be the reason for the team's success? Of course they are both the reason, but a team that has no MVP candidates but has the best record until the last game of the season should be considered as a well coached team.

TampaDude
04-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Thibodeau for sure.

itzsoweezee
04-16-2011, 12:24 PM
thibodeau

Johnny RIngo
04-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Pop had it locked up until about a month ago. Spurs have been playing awful bball the past few weeks and Pop hasn't helped matters with his terrible lineups and beyond dumb coaching maneuvers(tanking a game against a demoralized LA team, Ginobili getting injured in a meaningless game). Thibodeau for sure.

Vito Corleone
04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
All year long we have been hearing how untalented this Spurs team is, even compared to the Bulls we aren't as talented.

If that is the case then all of the credit for this season has to go to Pop he is the one that changed his coaching style to meet his players abilities and he lead a less talented team to the best record in the west.

Makes no sense for it to be anyone else.