PDA

View Full Version : and sons the cheating has begun ... the playoffs are here

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Stern says "Dance puppets dance!!!!" to his lead officials and it showed today!

Rose - 21 FREEBIES

Pacers Entire Team - 17 FREEBIES

sons these officials are absolutely incredible at controlling the games. especially in the 4th quarter!

TE
04-16-2011, 02:51 PM
BR, son, you will have a heart attack when your beloved Hornets play the Lakers. It's gonna be a whistle blood bath.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
son I don't doubt that. I will be SHOCKED if the Hornets win one game to be honest. I have never said otherwise either because the Lakers are the best team in the NBA. why do you think I was praying the Hornets would luck up and get San Antonio or Dallas in the first round?

JoeTait75
04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
BR, if you're convinced the games are rigged, why do you bother watching? Serious question.

ManuBalboa
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
This game wasn't bad at all. u just mad Hornets bout to get broomed.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 02:57 PM
BR, if you're convinced the games are rigged, why do you bother watching? Serious question.

son I have addressed this question probably 150 times over the years ... why do I watch? because of the same reason why millions of people watch professional wrestling. scripted, sports entertainment can be fun to watch (at times).

sefant77
04-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe Rose deserved most of them but at least give fucking Collison them at the end too

Dex
04-16-2011, 03:00 PM
I'll hand it to Rose, he was relentlessly attacking the paint nearly every time down. That being said, I haven't seen a guy get that many whistles for jumping into the crowd since the 2004 Finals.

I found myself wondering why every point guard with a quick step doesn't just start doing this every time, and then I realized; more often than not, they're just going to get that shit blocked in their face and not hear a whistle. That wasn't the case for Rose today, though. You'd think the refs had never seen contact before.

JoeTait75
04-16-2011, 03:02 PM
son I have addressed this question probably 150 times over the years ... why do I watch? because of the same reason why millions of people watch professional wrestling. scripted, sports entertainment can be fun to watch (at times).

Except people who watch wrestling don't complain when Ric Flair gets the benefit over some Saturday-morning jobber. They know the score.

For someone who thinks of this is scripted entertainment, you seem awfully appalled by it.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe Rose deserved most of them but at least give fucking Collison them at the end too

son I went back and watched all of the free throws called on my DVR and I counted 7 or 8 free throws that were clearly deserved and legit fouls. there were 2 calls that were questionable and were hard to tell because of the angle, and then at least 10-12 of them were complete bullshit, superstar/phantom calls all of which came in the second half. go back and look at it yourself. maybe 7-9 of Rose's free throws were legit calls.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
I had the Bulls Pacers game on but napped through much of it. From what I did see, I saw no biased officiating. No disrepect intended, but it's a convenient excuse for some to fall back on. If the NBA really was fixed, I doubt they could cover it up so long and so well. Who believes Donaghy anyway? He has no credibility.

Kyle Orton
Most of the people who watch WWE wrestling are dumb rednecks who don't know it's scripted.

SPURS50
04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Watching the end of that game was brutal. The jig is up. I still cant believe it..

JoeTait75
04-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Most of the people who watch WWE wrestling are dumb rednecks who don't know it's scripted.

They know it's scripted, they just don't give a shit. Just like chicks don't care how ridiculous the plotlines of soap operas are.

Wrestling is just a soap opera for redneck guys.

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 03:06 PM
They know it's scripted, they just don't give a shit. Just like chicks don't care how ridiculous the plotlines of soap operas are.

I think you underestimate how dumb some people are.....there are tons of people in the south who think they're watching a real sporting event with WWE wrestling.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 03:07 PM
and sons the cheating continues ....

Miami so far - 8 freebies

Philly so far - 1 freebie

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-16-2011, 03:07 PM
They just showed free throws shot in Heat/Sixers, 10 to 1. Howver, Heat players are driving to the hoop and Sixers are shooting jumpshots. Hansbrough was shooting outside and Rose was driving. Of course Bulls got more free throws.

JoeTait75
04-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I think you underestimate how dumb some people are.....there are tons of people in the south who think they're watching a real sporting event with WWE wrestling.

I've been around rednecks my whole life, DoK. Most of the people in the part of Ohio where I grew up think the "cunt hair" is an actual unit of measurement.

Once you get about 30 miles south of Cleveland you might as well be over the Mason-Dixon line.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Rose didn't really get any biased officiating IMO, and I say this as somebody that dislikes him..the only biased calls were the usual NBA perimeter vs. big man call, where the big jumps up straight, but the guard still receives the call..

Other than that, I thought the officiating was fine..

BRHornet45

son then what does that make those who watch the NBA that TRULY believe it is a fair and non-biased league? you would be a damn fool to believe the NBA doesn't do everything in their power to push certain teams and players.

lefty
http://i.imgur.com/GkFR6.gif

DPG21920
04-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Spurs and Mavs would have stomped the Hornets. I am just sad it has to be LA that does it. It is going to be a blast to watch.

Kyle Orton
04-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I've been around rednecks my whole life, DoK. Most of the people in the part of Ohio where I grew up think the "cunt hair" is an actual unit of measurement.

Once you get about 30 miles south of Cleveland you might as well be over the Mason-Dixon line.

Even the major cities in Arizona have rednecks, tbh. I've come across plenty of the beverly hillbilly type in Scottsdale who think the WWE isn't scripted.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Dear Stupid,

What the fuck does number of free throws have to do with "cheating" by officials?

In your world, is it the referees' job to make sure the number of free throws is even?

Please take this weak-ass shit off the board.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
They just showed free throws shot in Heat/Sixers, 10 to 1. Howver, Heat players are driving to the hoop and Sixers are shooting jumpshots. Hansbrough was shooting outside and Rose was driving. Of course Bulls got more free throws.

son Lebron and Wade know that all they have to do is run into the lane, yell out really loud, and throw the ball into the air and they will be awarded free points 90% of the time. props to them for taking advantage of the favoritism, but shame on the NBA for allowing it.

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-16-2011, 03:12 PM

Rose - 21 FREEBIES

sons these officials are absolutely incredible at controlling the games. especially in the 4th quarter!

I don't doubt that there will be some cheating that may take place in these next few weeks, but I don't think any of those calls were just given to Rose. The Bulls were down, and Rose did what he does best, attacked the rim, and he started getting contact, then he capitalized on the Pacers weakness in the paint.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't doubt that there will be some cheating that may take place in these next few weeks, but I don't think any of those calls were just given to Rose. The Bulls were down, and Rose did what he does best, attacked the rim, and he started getting contact, then he capitalized on the Pacers weakness in the paint.

PLEASE SONS ... go back and look at each of the fouls called then come back and tell me if you feel the same way. by the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, Rose could have told one of the officials that Tyler said something that hurt his feelings and they would have awarded him a technical free throw!

z0sa
04-16-2011, 03:15 PM
I think it had more to do with the Pacers being shitty

YoMamaIsCallin
04-16-2011, 03:17 PM
PLEASE SONS ... go back and look at each of the fouls called then come back and tell me if you feel the same way. by the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, Rose could have told one of the officials that Tyler said something that hurt his feelings and they would have awarded him a technical free throw!

You are full of shit and watching through homer vision glasses. I watched the whole thing and I didn't see a single questionable call. Derrick Rose simply took the game on his back and won it. He either scored or got fouled. Deal with it. Jackass.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I think it had more to do with the Pacers being shitty

hmmm son you mean the Pacers who shot the ball better than the Bulls? (Pacers 46% FG, 55% 3PT - Bulls 43% FG, 30% 3PT)

son nothing you can do whenever going up against two teams, the Bulls and the refs at the end. the Pacers could have shot the ball 90% and it wouldn't have mattered because the refs would have jacked the Bulls free throws up even more to keep the game close.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Heat - 14 FREEBIES

Sixers - 3 FREEBIES

DPG21920
04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Hornets: 0 chance at winning

Every other team: More than 0

Giuseppe
04-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Indy couldn't wise guy their way to it.

And their talent wasn't & isn't good enough either.

Koolaid_Man
04-16-2011, 03:40 PM

Rose - 21 FREEBIES

I hope you're able to get it all out of your system...good thing you're doing this whining bitch shit early....:lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Philly - 7 fta
Big 3 of Miami - 20 fta

:lol

i can see the big 3 plus drose, kobe and Durant getting numerous calls in the playoffs

TE
04-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Any team that plays the Heat will have fewer fta tbh.

HarlemHeat37
04-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Philly - 7 fta
Big 3 of Miami - 20 fta

:lol

i can see the big 3 plus drose, kobe and Durant getting numerous calls in the playoffs

:wow going out on a limb there, uh, tbh:lol..

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-16-2011, 04:09 PM
:wow going out on a limb there, uh, tbh:lol..

:lol yeh. I'll be interested to see if Melo gets a decent call in the playoffs now he is a Knick.

DPG21920
04-16-2011, 04:15 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2401/kickfallgif.gif

lefty
04-16-2011, 04:16 PM
^

Someone bump the Caption Paul thread

lefty
04-16-2011, 04:18 PM
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2917/fnfplasjoker33.jpg

lefty
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Didn't CP3 get a lap dance recently ?

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv337/sa_kid20/norbit1_large-1.jpg

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Miami - 30 FREEBIES

Philly - 13 FREEBIES

and sons its still somehow only a 13 point game. just imagine if this game was called fair and square? the Sixers are hanging in there and probably should be up by now if not for the dozen plus bogus free throws that have been awarded to the big 3.

DPG21920
04-16-2011, 04:44 PM
I know it's weird that NO has no one that can score or drive, but this is what teams with good players do. They get to the line.

Ariza/Paul/Bellineli/Okafor/Landry all suck. They literally can't get to the rim.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 05:00 PM
what a shame sons. Philly played their hearts out, shot the basketball better, and deserved to win this game. there is absolutely NOTHING any team can do whenever the refs are helping certain teams and star players.

Miami - 35 FREEBIES

Philly - 15 FREEBIES

20 point difference

LnGrrrR
04-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I do think a lot of the fouls get called are BS. Rose definitely got some freebies by initiating contact and then throwing up the ball.

lefty
04-16-2011, 05:12 PM
what a shame sons. Philly played their hearts out, shot the basketball better, and deserved to win this game. there is absolutely NOTHING any team can do whenever the refs are helping certain teams and star players.

Miami - 35 FREEBIES

Philly - 15 FREEBIES

20 point difference
http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/eastseries2/index.html?g=1&t=bs

Giuseppe
04-16-2011, 05:16 PM
and deserved to win this game

- "Deserves got nothing to do with it."

- Clint Eastwood - "Unforgiven"

Ashy Larry
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM

Damn, they're canceling One Life to Live and All My Children :depressed

dallaskd
04-16-2011, 05:23 PM
son Lebron and Wade know that all they have to do is run into the lane, yell out really loud, and throw the ball into the air and they will be awarded free points 90% of the time. props to them for taking advantage of the favoritism, but shame on the NBA for allowing it.

on point

Giuseppe
04-16-2011, 05:48 PM

AMC was something very special from the beginning right thru to when Kim Delaney (Jenny) left. After that, I had no use for it.

I'd tape each hour each day, and then Friday night was a 5 hour mini-series.

I'll take it to the grave.

JoeTait75
04-16-2011, 06:01 PM

Say it ain't so.

Not ashamed to say I watched the shit out of ABC's holy trinity back in the day. AMC, OLTL, General Hospital.

PublicOption
04-16-2011, 09:17 PM

this is flawed thinking and the universal excuse everyone uses. in reality, most of the time both teams go hard at the paint. except one team gets hacked and doesn't get the calls and the other one doesn't....so one team gives up.

the stern vs van gundy revenge ahas also started i noticed.

PublicOption
04-16-2011, 09:20 PM
miami 39 phillie 22 fta

lol.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
miami 39 phillie 22 fta

lol.

son where are you getting 22 from?

Philly only had 15 free throws compared to Miami's ridiculous 39.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 09:26 PM
sons so far out of the first 3 playoff games only one has been called fairly which was the Atlanta/Orlando game and you saw what happened. when on a level playing field, the visiting team can win games just as easily as the home team can. however whenever home cooking and blatant star player favoritism is being shown by the refs, then the visiting team has absolutely no chance in hell of winning. both the Chicago and Miami wins today were 100% thanks to favorable officiating. its amazing that the games were as close as they were to begin with considering the ridiculous amounts of free points that were awarded to the home teams.

PublicOption
04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
sons so far out of the first 3 playoff games only one has been called fairly which was the Atlanta/Orlando game and you saw what happened. when on a level playing field, the visiting team can win games just as easily as the home team can. however whenever home cooking and blatant star player favoritism is being shown by the refs, then the visiting team has absolutely no chance in hell of winning. both the Chicago and Miami wins today were 100% thanks to favorable officiating. its amazing that the games were as close as they were to begin with considering the ridiculous free points that were given away to the home teams.

........and you know stern got the word out against van gundy.

Harry Callahan
04-16-2011, 10:13 PM
If the league was flat out rigged, why would SA win anything? How can they win four titles if the refs are totally in the tank on behalf of the league?

If not for the Spurs, there would be a lot more people that felt the thing was rigged.

DMC
04-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Spurs and Pistons.

The officiating isn't killing the game. Everyone hates refs in all sports. What's killing the game is lack of competitive teams. The talent is funneling to only a few big market teams and that's going to affect the next decade.

That cannot be blamed on the players however. The owners are to blame, especially those who never care to win as long as they make a profit.

BRHornet45
04-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Spurs and Pistons.

The officiating isn't killing the game. Everyone hates refs in all sports. What's killing the game is lack of competitive teams. The talent is funneling to only a few big market teams and that's going to affect the next decade.

That cannot be blamed on the players however. The owners are to blame, especially those who never care to win as long as they make a profit.

Pistons - large market, very trendy team at the time

Spurs - one of the few teams good enough at those times to beat the system. Pop is brilliant.

Barfunk
04-17-2011, 12:06 AM
lol this thread is gonna get packed during the playoffs

TE
04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
lol this thread is gonna get packed during the playoffs

TampaDude
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Pistons - large market, very trendy team at the time

Spurs - one of the few teams good enough at those times to beat the system. Pop is brilliant.

Yup...and the 2005 NBA Finals between those two teams was one of the greatest Finals EVER. :hat

Barfunk
04-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Yup...and the 2005 NBA Finals between those two teams was one of the greatest Finals EVER. :hat

Hell yea. No question!

tlongII
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
4th quarter free throws

Blazers - 2

Mavericks - 19

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 12:56 PM

Yep, that's when you kicked their ass then built them a wailing wall to wail in. And the assholes went in there. HA!

sefant77
04-17-2011, 01:09 PM
4th quarter free throws

Blazers - 2

Mavericks - 19

The last four were intentional to stop the clock.

Dirk got maybe two 50:50 calls in the 4th. The rest were hard fouls to avoid easy baskets. And Blazers maybe didnt get 1-2 50:50 calls in the 4th.

But of course you saw the first three quarter and how Dirk got slapped and hacked with zero FTA until the 4th quarter.

Dirk got 2-4FTA too much in the 4th and like 10 FTA too less the first three quarter.

So about what u are actually complaining?

And the Marion T was pure bullshit and could have been a 4p swing.

tlongII
04-17-2011, 01:57 PM
The last four were intentional to stop the clock.

Dirk got maybe two 50:50 calls in the 4th. The rest were hard fouls to avoid easy baskets. And Blazers maybe didnt get 1-2 50:50 calls in the 4th.

But of course you saw the first three quarter and how Dirk got slapped and hacked with zero FTA until the 4th quarter.

Dirk got 2-4FTA too much in the 4th and like 10 FTA too less the first three quarter.

So about what u are actually complaining?

And the Marion T was pure bullshit and could have been a 4p swing.

The refs were a complete joke and the entire game was called in favor of the Mavs. 29-13 edge in free throws even though we outscored you 46-18 in the paint. We were clearly the aggresor and dominating inside and yet we got no calls. Complete bullshit!

Sportstudi
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
The refs were a complete joke and the entire game was called in favor of the Mavs. 29-13 edge in free throws even though we outscored you 46-18 in the paint. We were clearly the aggresor and dominating inside and yet we got no calls. Complete bullshit!

So, all the hacking vs. Dirk during the first 3 quarters without one single call was legit? In one sequence he was taken down by 3 players but got called for an offensive foul. Seriously, you must be on crack if you think hacking the shit out of a player without getting called one single time during three quarters is legit.

tlongII
04-17-2011, 02:06 PM
So, all the hacking vs. Dirk during the first 3 quarters without one single call was legit? In one sequence he was taken down by 3 players but got called for an offensive foul. Seriously, you must be on crack if you think hacking the shit out of a player without getting called one single time during three quarters is legit.

You're clueless.

Sportstudi
04-17-2011, 02:08 PM
You're clueless.

And you don't know shit about basketball.

tlongII
Dirk flops around like he's getting hammered and nobody touches him.

Mavillionaire
BR ma' oreo house nigga, how's the FT difference on the Grizz game?

tlongII
You're clueless.

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
The refs were a complete joke and the entire game was called in favor of the Mavs.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Three quarters of hacking the shit out of Dirk and not once did he get a call. If there were some make-up calls in the 4th, they were well deserved.

daspurs
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM

shut up bitch you guys lost to the mavericks :lol

monosylab1k
04-17-2011, 02:11 PM

:lol and Lamarcus Aldridge lowering his shoulder right into Chandler's chest every damn time down low isn't an offensive foul? and not once did he get called for it.

Chandler's just not a little bitch who will flop anytime someone lowers their shoulder and plows into him, unlike Batum.

BRHornet45
04-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Sons the grizzlies are currently shooting the ball over 50% from the field and 3pt, but are still losing simply because of all the extra free points being awarded to the spurs.

DPG21920
04-17-2011, 02:28 PM
33 FTs to 27. Really unfair.

BRHornet45
04-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Well son the refs are finally allowing them to play this quarter and you see what is happening. When the playing field is even anything can happen.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2011, 02:41 PM
33 FTs to 27. Really unfair.

41 to 27 now :lol

BRHornet45
04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
sons MAD PROPS to the Grizzlies for overcoming the refs biased officiating to hang in this game. They are playing their hearts out. Now they just need to play smart because the refs are going to put the Spurs at the freebie line every possesion now.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
45 - 29.

tlongII
04-17-2011, 03:05 PM
The refs did everything they could to keep San Antonio in that game. The calls that Parker gets are ridiculous.

DJ Mbenga
04-18-2011, 11:17 PM
bump for the pacers

it's me
04-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Pacers did get worked out by the refs at the end.... the funny part was Rosa complaining about his stupid and obvious foul at the three point line lol

BRHornet45
04-27-2011, 02:40 PM
this needs a good bump after last night