PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference playoff predictions - 1st round

SpursDynasty
04-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Dallas vs Portland - The first series to kick off, I think Dallas is the underdog in this series and is not expected to beat Portland. Portland has the talent, size, and strength to put Dallas away, Dallas is STILL doing the same old same old that they've done from 2000-2010: jump shooting. Which leads to another postseason where they go home in the 1st or 2nd round. How much longer is this going to go on before they trade Dirk and build a new roster/team? It looks like it's only Dirk and Terry who remain from the mid-2000's choker team that lost to Golden State, yet this team is the same soft jump-shooting team that they were 5 years ago. It's getting old. Portland in 5.

Spurs vs. Grizzlies - Pointless series. Spurs in 4.

Lakers vs. Hornets - The Lakers are definitely the underdog in this series. New Orleans has 7 players who averaged 10 points or more during the regular season, so they share the ball and are all about team play. David West is superior to Pau Gasol and Chris Paul is superior to Kobe. I think the Lakers will give the Hornets a good series but the Hornets are the favorites in this series. No one expects the Lakers to win.

Thunder vs. Nuggets - Should be a pretty good seven-game series. Kevin Durant and the Thunder will ultimately prevail, as the Nuggets have no All-Stars.

TE
04-17-2011, 12:16 AM
what?

IronMexican
04-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I love Jeff.

MavDynasty
04-17-2011, 12:19 AM
SD is washed up, he is like shaquille.. Once a legend but he is past is prime and is washed up yet keeps coming back

End of an era IMO, but a great era it was

Frenzy
04-17-2011, 01:15 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4009/1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

frodo
04-17-2011, 04:48 AM
classic jeff :tu can't agree more on the mavs-portland series prediction tbh. i'd feel content enough only if they could avoid being swept tbh. time to get started the mavs offseason discussion now imho