PDA

View Full Version : General 2011 Free Agency Discussion

Bruno
04-17-2011, 04:04 AM
2011 free agent list (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-11-12)

yavozerb
04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Just curious if anyone thinks TD would use his ETO and resign for 2-3 yrs for much less to possibly give the spurs some room for FA this summer? Kirilinko or battier would be very interesting...

ChuckD
04-17-2011, 08:30 AM
I read something recently (DON"T ask for a link) where he said something about "a couple more years...".

Muser
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Tayshaun Prince would be a sweet backup to RJ.

Przybilla would be a nice addition too.

ajballer4
04-17-2011, 10:45 AM
I bet they offer a contract to Przybilla. Especially if Dice does in fact retire, Przy is perfect for the system

yavozerb
04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I bet they offer a contract to Przybilla. Especially if Dice does in fact retire, Przy is perfect for the system

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

Spurs with Dyess and all options picked up will be at almost 73 mil. Even without Dyess contract money will be hard to come by for new contracts. Only real option to pick up decent offseason talent is if TD terminates is his current contract and signs a multi year at lower rate (ala RJ).

baseline bum
04-17-2011, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Michael Redd to be a shooter off the bench. I doubt he'll get offered any kind of real money by anyone.

baseline bum
04-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Of course Tyson Chandler would be the ultimate prize, though I don't see Cuban letting him walk. Thaddeus Young is a guy I would kill for to get on the team, but he's restricted and I don't think the Sixers would move him for a package like Blair + Neal. He really doesn't fit on that team with Iguodala there though.

Muser
04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Michael Redd to be a shooter off the bench. I doubt he'll get offered any kind of real money by anyone.

Agreed, if he can be had for the MLE or maybe lower it would be a bargain.

And yeah Cuban would match anything the Spurs offered Tyson, sadly.

baseline bum
04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Nah, I'd never offer Redd the MLE. He hasn't played a meaningful minute in 3 years and would be a low risk, high reward signing if his market value is around the league minimum to the LLE.

04-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Ah, i see kwame brown will be available.

EmantheSpursFan
05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Grant Hill anyone? Unrestricted Free agent

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Grant Hill anyone? Unrestricted Free agent

he already said if does come back he would only sign with the suns.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-14-2011, 08:15 PM
For MLE i would with one of these

Tayshaun Prince
Joel Pryzbilla
Andrei Kirilenko
Mbah a moute
chris douglas roberts

with LLE

Etan thomas
Kwame Brown
Rasual butler
Chris wilcox
Derrick brown
Jared Jeffries
Josh Howard ( think he would take less money for a chance at a ring and playing with TD)

i know its prob not a perfect list but these would be good and nice pickups for the right price.

yavozerb
05-14-2011, 09:14 PM
The perfect list is the list that includes players who will be left over when all the good players are signed..That will be the spurs options this offseason

cd98
05-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Kris Humphries? I never saw him play, but he was getting crazy stat lines, especially with rebounds. I saw him play in Dallas before he was traded and he had a decent game. He was a lottery pick for the Jazz, I believe.

Could he help the Spurs or is he one of those overrated players that had a good season in a contract year? Obviously the spurs biggest need is in the low post.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Kris Humphries? I never saw him play, but he was getting crazy stat lines, especially with rebounds. I saw him play in Dallas before he was traded and he had a decent game. He was a lottery pick for the Jazz, I believe.

Could he help the Spurs or is he one of those overrated players that had a good season in a contract year? Obviously the spurs biggest need is in the low post.

after favors was traded he was the 2nd best big on the nets. plus he had D Will feeding everyone the ball. put d will on this team and TD would still be a 20 & 10 guy.

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-15-2011, 02:23 PM
The perfect list is the list that includes players who will be left over when all the good players are signed..That will be the spurs options this offseason

as much as i hate it you are most likely 100% correct. no big wants to come down to san antonio so they can ride the bench behind bonner.

tdunk21
05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Free agents according to Shamsports

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/freeagents/2011byposition.jsp

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-19-2011, 07:49 PM
I would like to see the Spurs get JR Smith and tell him hey you can be the go to guy our number one option. He would give us an upgrade at SG youth and athletic ability and a good defender.

Pops, TD and Manu should help him mature into a star. Then see if you can grab Nazr or Ajinca for the LLE, I like Ajinca cause he young long and can shoot it deep while still being a rim protector. Nazr would be a solid 3rd big off the bench.

Jason Richardson is another guy, still very athletic and can shoot and get to the rim as well as defend. He too would allow Manu to play pg and sg back up roles.

Pending if we get a could guy like that, we could use the draft pick on someone like Vucevic or Williams....or a development guy like Lucas or Richmond.

I think if the spurs can grab a Smith or Richardson, and upgrade the PF spot we could be in the hunt again. Manu needs to be the 6th man.

If they really wanna make a splash, Kahn is looking to move the number 2 pick, he wants some vets, see if we have anything he likes and attempt to get Williams with that pick.

what would minne want? they are loaded at center, PF, & SF. maybe bonner, mcydess, and RJ for the #2 pick, Johnson, and Pekovic.

question. they get alot of cap space back in the offseason. when does that take effect? at the draft or when teams are able to sign free agents?

elemento
05-19-2011, 08:09 PM
what would minne want? they are loaded at center, PF, & SF. maybe bonner, mcydess, and RJ for the #2 pick, Johnson, and Pekovic.

question. they get alot of cap space back in the offseason. when does that take effect? at the draft or when teams are able to sign free agents?

You cannot be serious ! :lol

MR.SILVER&BLack
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
You cannot be serious ! :lol

lol hey you never know.

Bruno
05-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Matt Rogers, who played last year in Frisco with Mavs D-League team, will have a workout with Spurs.

http://twitter.com/#!/Imsixeleven/status/73794698417942528

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
jr smith for MLE

gino either come of the bench or switch to SF accept the bruce bowen role...

admiralsnackbar
05-26-2011, 06:45 PM
By the time Smith realizes how good he could have been, he'll be too old to be any better than he's ever been.

CGD
05-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Does anyone have a sense of what Portland is going to do with Greg Oden? What do we think his current value is in this market?

dbestpro
05-26-2011, 10:43 PM
I like McRoberts hops and the way he plays. He's one of the few free agents that the Spurs might actually afford.

Bruno
05-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Ryan Thompson, who played with the Utah Flash last year, will work out with Spurs on June 17:

http://twitter.com/#!/RyT5/status/74293434126577664

Russo21
06-12-2011, 06:32 AM
I'd take a shot at Nenad Kristic and or Kwame Brown as our bigs next to tim. Boris Diaw at SF. JR Smith as a gunner off the bench or starting if pop wants manu coming off the bench. Then trade RJ Blair and Bonner for anything we can get.

C Nenad Kristic, Kwame Brown
PF Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter
SF Boris Diaw
SG Manu Ginobili, JR Smith
PG Tony Parker, George Hill, Gary Neal

Not a bad 10 man rotation. See what you can get for RJ Blair and Bonner and we could be in contention without breaking up the big three or doing anything too drastic.

spursballer21
06-12-2011, 08:32 AM
I'd take a shot at Nenad Kristic and or Kwame Brown as our bigs next to tim. Boris Diaw at SF. JR Smith as a gunner off the bench or starting if pop wants manu coming off the bench. Then trade RJ Blair and Bonner for anything we can get.

C Nenad Kristic, Kwame Brown
PF Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter
SF Boris Diaw
SG Manu Ginobili, JR Smith
PG Tony Parker, George Hill, Gary Neal

Not a bad 10 man rotation. See what you can get for RJ Blair and Bonner and we could be in contention without breaking up the big three or doing anything too drastic.

The only problem is Nenad Kristic already signed a contract with a team.

Russo21
06-12-2011, 09:29 AM
thanks, did not know that about Kristic. bit of a shame

ChuckD
06-12-2011, 10:46 AM
thanks, did not know that about Kristic. bit of a shame

Yeah, he signed with CSKA Moscow, I think.

Stalin
06-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, he signed with CSKA Moscow, I think.

Don't worry son, he'll make the motherland proud.

Pistons < Spurs
06-14-2011, 06:13 PM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
The Sacramento Kings have waived Jermaine Taylor.

Taylor has a lot of potential and there are plenty of executives that love his game. He'll be on a roster next season.

ace3g
06-14-2011, 06:34 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Suns guard/forward Mickael Pietrus has exercised the one-year player option on his contract and will return to Phoenix for next season.

TimmehC
06-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Suns guard/forward Mickael Pietrus has exercised the one-year player option on his contract and will return to Phoenix for next season.

AZ Republic basically said today that Suns will look to trade him.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2011/06/13/20110613phoenix-suns-mickael-pietrus-picks-up-option.html

tdunk21
06-14-2011, 08:24 PM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
The Sacramento Kings have waived Jermaine Taylor.

Taylor has a lot of potential and there are plenty of executives that love his game. He'll be on a roster next season.

Jermaine Taylor stats

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jermaine_taylor/

ace3g
06-14-2011, 08:37 PM
AZ Republic basically said today that Suns will look to trade him.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2011/06/13/20110613phoenix-suns-mickael-pietrus-picks-up-option.html

If the Spurs made a trade for either Pietrus or Childress; both would be an improvement at the SF spot. Been a fan of both players for a while.

elemento
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
We could land Pietrus with Mcdyess contract + incentive. The problem is that I think the Suns would want one of our young guys (blair, neal or hill) or a future pick and I do not think Pietrus has this kind of value.

I would accept Chiildress only if we could get rid of Jefferson. It does not make any sense for us to keep both Jefferson and Childress with their big contracts.

Bruno
06-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Spurs will work out D-League's player Lance Hurdle:
http://twitter.com/#!/YoungBoiAB1/status/81085894098042880

Bruno
06-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Add Jerome Dyson to the list of D-leaguers working out for Spurs:

http://twitter.com/#!/slicenanddice/status/81432508373282816

tdunk21
06-16-2011, 05:30 PM

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/jerome_dyson/

tdunk21
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/lance_hurdle/

ChuckD
06-16-2011, 07:06 PM
If the Spurs made a trade for either Pietrus or Childress; both would be an improvement at the SF spot. Been a fan of both players for a while.

Childress is nowhere NEAR the player he was in ATL. He never defended well, but now it's like he forgot how to shoot, too. Pass.

Big P
06-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Pietrus yes...Childres....not so much here's his contract...

$6,000,000

$6,500,000

$7,182,500

$7,317,500

Russo21
06-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Phoenix likely to buy out Vince Carter.

He has declined rapidly and obviously isn't the player he once was. Only two years ago he was still averaging 20+ ppg though, this year dipped to 14ppg (still better then RJ)

I wander if he'd sign with a team for the vet minimum. I'd still hope to trade RJ for a decent big or defensive minded starting SF but vince could make a good backup SG or SF playing limited minutes via free agency. And i mean use him as strictly a backup SG or SF with strictly limited minutes

Thoughts?

Duncan2177
06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Phoenix likely to buy out Vince Carter.

He has declined rapidly and obviously isn't the player he once was. Only two years ago he was still averaging 20+ ppg though, this year dipped to 14ppg (still better then RJ)

I wander if he'd sign with a team for the vet minimum. I'd still hope to trade RJ for a decent big or defensive minded starting SF but vince could make a good backup SG or SF playing limited minutes via free agency. And i mean use him as strictly a backup SG or SF with strictly limited minutes

Thoughts?

He's better than RJ.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-20-2011, 05:22 PM
He's better than RJ.

Yeah, but he's not really a defensive minded SF. He's another aging offensive player. How many would that be for the Spurs if he was on the team (about 4)?

Big P
06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm pretty sure vc would rather go to Chicago than SA.

elemento
06-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Fuck Vince Carter

enough of mental midgets. We have enough with Bonner, Hill and RJ

ace3g
06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
obvious move by Nuggets

Nuggets extend qualifying offers to Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Gary Forbes.

Mr. Body
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
I like Afflalo.

tdunk21
06-20-2011, 09:10 PM
obvious move by Nuggets

Nuggets extend qualifying offers to Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Gary Forbes.

i was hoping the nuggets wont extend offer to chandler so that we could make an offer....

why are the retaining gary forbes?

elemento
06-20-2011, 09:30 PM
i was hoping the nuggets wont extend offer to chandler so that we could make an offer....

why are the retaining gary forbes?

From what I got, they just extended the QO making them restricted free agents.

If they feel they can match the offers coming from other teams, they do and keep the players. If a player like Chandler, receive a huge offer from SAC (a team with a huge cap space that needs a SF) they just let him go. They are in a good position.

tdunk21
06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
From what I got, they just extended the QO making them restricted free agents.

If they feel they can match the offers coming from other teams, they do and keep the players. If a player like Chandler, receive a huge offer from SAC (a team with a huge cap space that needs a SF) they just let him go. They are in a good position.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=18192

Wilson Chandler, Denver Nuggets - $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)

i wish spurs offer part of the MLE to lure him here

elemento
06-20-2011, 11:17 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/story.asp?story_id=18192

Wilson Chandler, Denver Nuggets - $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)

i wish spurs offer part of the MLE to lure him here

exactly what a I said

Chandler is a restricted free agent ! We can make an offer and it is up to Denver to match or not. But I can guarantee you that part of the MLE will not bring him here. Not even the full MLE to be honest.

Ditty
06-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Chandler pissed me off in the playoffs...I had so much good things to say when he was in NY...I just think he mentally weak as RJ, but Wilson is a better defender...I wouldn't be mad if the Spurs went after him, but Prince would be a a way better fit, and I don't think any smart team is going to offer him no more than the MLE(if there is one), unless your clips who reported to go after him when there is a free agency.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2011, 02:33 AM
why are we drafting undersized backup pgs, when we can just sign some veteran pg aka like mike wilks or someshit, of that quin fella...its not like we are asking them to be our starter...

CGD
06-24-2011, 02:13 AM
After today, my FA wish list would include:

TJ Ford (back-up PG)
Pryzbilla (Solid banger)
Prince (if you can miraculously move RJ)

mountainballer
06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
why are we drafting undersized backup pgs, when we can just sign some veteran pg aka like mike wilks or someshit, of that quin fella...its not like we are asking them to be our starter...

you moan about drafting a legit 6'3'' PG, but prefer to sign a 5'10'' PG like Wilks? I don't get this.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
is d12 possible if he signs 1 more year, and come to us when tds contract expires....

Duncan2177
06-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Kenyon Martin?

Bruno
06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
A quick look at the FA backup PG landscape:

First, there are 4 players to remove because there aren't realistic options: Aaron Brooks (R), Rodney Stuckey (R), Jose Barea and Mario Chalmers(R). These players will likely stay with their teams and/or are too expensive.

The "best" rest of the PG FAs:
Mike Bibby, Delonte West, T.J. Ford, Carlos Arroyo, Anthony Carter, Earl Watson, Jannero Pargo, Sebastian Telfair, Patty Mills, Earl Boykins, Ronnie Price and Chris Quinn.

As you can see, it's a quite bad pool of players.

Thompson
06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Pryzbilla might be a good option if he has fully recovered, and the Spurs tried to get him once before.

Short of that, Robin Lopez is a restricted free agent the Suns would likely let go, and his twin Brook really likes Tim Duncan and can't possibly enjoy playing for the Nets. Face/Off 2: Hair/Off.

Bruno
06-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm moving the mini camp news into a new thread. It could be a good idea to have a thread about it.

Thompson
06-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Doesn't KMart wear a headband? Will Pop go for that? Maybe they can compromise and at least get him to remove the lipstick tattoo.

Big P
06-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Pop let SJax wear a headband!

GSH
06-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Do any of you who follow Euro play closely know what the situation was with Terence Morris? Is he just getting too old, or was there some other reason Barca didn't extend him? A few years ago, I thought he would be a good pickup. I know he had some kind of lower back strain, and it seemed like he fell out with the team. Does he have anything left in the tank?

I also noticed that Barca isn't jumping to re-sign Boniface N'Dong. He's not a game-changer, but he's been solid. And as badly as we need some help inside, I wondered the same thing - does he have anything left, if Barca doesn't re-sign him?

Bruno
06-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Do any of you who follow Euro play closely know what the situation was with Terence Morris? Is he just getting too old, or was there some other reason Barca didn't extend him? A few years ago, I thought he would be a good pickup. I know he had some kind of lower back strain, and it seemed like he fell out with the team. Does he have anything left in the tank?

I also noticed that Barca isn't jumping to re-sign Boniface N'Dong. He's not a game-changer, but he's been solid. And as badly as we need some help inside, I wondered the same thing - does he have anything left, if Barca doesn't re-sign him?

Teams in Spanish league are limited to 2 American players. Barcelona will have next year Pete Mickael and Chuck Eidson. Terrence Morris had a great year with Maccabi few years ago but he hasn't been able to reproduce it.

Boniface N'Dong is old and Barcelona is loaded at the C spot with Vasquez, Perovic and Lorbek who can slide to that spot. It could explain why they haven't re-signed him for the moment.

ace3g
06-27-2011, 01:26 AM
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Hornets PF David West, recovering well from April knee surgery, headed for free agency. ESPN.com link: http://es.pn/jobmXF

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-27-2011, 02:35 AM
kenyon martin with MLE and T.J Ford for cheap is prob the best we can do.

Russo21
06-27-2011, 06:51 AM
kenyon martin with MLE and T.J Ford for cheap is prob the best we can do.

would be fantastic options:toast

Russo21
06-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Eddy Curry is available:lol

The freak actually shot 100% for the entire 2008-2009 season. Granted he played about 12 minutes all season:lol

Heck the fat man would probably be the only player in history to shoot 100% in a season:rollin

Oh and he is a 100% 3 point shooter for his entire career aswell:wow2 for 2 lol

2 pretty awesome records he has. 100% shooting one year. 100% 3 point shooting his entire career. Eddy Curry= Greatest shooter of all time:lmao

ace3g
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Hornets just lost another big man to free agency in Aaron Gray, as his rep just gave team word he's not exercising $1.09 mill 11-12 option.

tdunk21
06-27-2011, 01:34 PM
aaron gray would be a very good pick up to come off the bench.....he has got good size and is somewhat a good defender

5in10
06-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I had a question for you guys. What is it we need more? A shotblocking good help defender(ibaka/tyrus Thomas type) maybe smaller but athletic, or do we need size and someone that's not necessarily a shot blocker,but clogs the paints and is a good stay at home defender(Perkins/gray type)?

Tyrone Jenkins
06-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I had a question for you guys. What is it we need more? A shotblocking good help defender(ibaka/tyrus Thomas type) maybe smaller but athletic, or do we need size and someone that's not necessarily a shot blocker,but clogs the paints and is a good stay at home defender(Perkins/gray type)?

Good question - I would actually state that we have the latter (somewhat) in TD given he's given the C role and Splitter is utilized in a PF fashion (ie. the pick and rolls and play calling uses TS).

MR.SILVER&BLack
06-28-2011, 02:32 PM

we need the size more

BackHome
06-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Both Splitter and Duncan are pretty much defense centers so I would go with a PF that could put up points.

Spurtacus
06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Jones is now a 2011 FA.

MIAMI -- Miami Heat guard-forward James Jones has advised the team he won't exercise his player option and will become a free agent, a person familiar with the situation said.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the Heat had not confirmed Jones' decision.

Jones is an eight-year veteran who spent the past three seasons with the Heat. He averaged 5.9 points in 81 games last season and shot 43 percent from 3-point range for the Eastern Conference champions.

Under his contract, Jones would have been paid $1.4 million next season.

ace3g
07-04-2011, 02:44 AM
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
3:30 AM on July 4th. Starting to sink in that NBA free agency ain't just tardy. Hickson-for-Casspi might have to hold us over for a WHILE

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
PS: Word is Knicks/Spurs still hot for Casspi and checked in to see if they could wedge their way into last trade fun of 2010-11. But ...

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Cavs told 'em they traded for Casspi with intent to keep him. GM Chris Grant says Cavs have liked Casspi since Kings drafted him in 2009

Bruno
07-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Spurs trying to get Casspi while they had just drafted Leonard and still had RJ in their roster is a little strange. Maybe Spurs proposed RJ to the Cavs or had another plan to get ride of him.

mountainballer
07-04-2011, 07:37 AM
they always scouted and liked Casspi.
they might even have offered Leonard for Casspi.
(would they have traded Hill for Casspi straight, if there was a chance? I'm pretty sure they would).
however, the Cavs clearly wanted Casspi, they gave up quite a lot in Hickson. (remember, he's just 22 and played a huge 2nd half of the season, averaging about 18 and 11).

stxspurs
07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
i want to see what leonard can do...the more i read about him the more im liking him.....

spurs10
07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Both Splitter and Duncan are pretty much defense centers so I would go with a PF that could put up points.
I think this is how Pop and RC are seeing it.

CGD
07-04-2011, 03:31 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
3:30 AM on July 4th. Starting to sink in that NBA free agency ain't just tardy. Hickson-for-Casspi might have to hold us over for a WHILE

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
PS: Word is Knicks/Spurs still hot for Casspi and checked in to see if they could wedge their way into last trade fun of 2010-11. But ...

STEIN_LINE_HQ Marc Stein
Cavs told 'em they traded for Casspi with intent to keep him. GM Chris Grant says Cavs have liked Casspi since Kings drafted him in 2009

Hmm interesting... Sure they gave up Hickson, but they also got a 1st round pick in next year's deep draft in addition to Caspi. So they may indeed like him, but I think they'll move him for the right piece given the chance. Cavs are no where near done dealing. Even if they get an extension on the deadline, they HAVE to use that 14M Lebron trade exception this year...

BackHome
07-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think Casspi will be staying long in Cleveland.......I hope the Spurs can pick him up when he comes a gree agent.

BackHome
07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I agree........I just don't see Casspi wanting to stay in Cleveland and play for a team that will be playing the ping pong game every year.

elemento
07-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I am pretty sure the Spurs was still trying to unload Jefferson's contract using Cleveland's TPE.

If a team that started Alonzo Gee last season doesn't want Jefferson, then we're hopeless. :lmao

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Spurs Targets:

1.KMart- Good defender, very athletic, nice mid range jumper, very active defender against pick and rolls. Dice Replacement.

2. Andrei Kirilenko- Plays both PF and SF, very long, great defender, still has alot left in the tank. My be a bit out of our price range.

3. Troy Murphy- Big body, nice face up game, good rebounder. Has recovered from injury still just 31.....6-11 can give us good mins.

Next group: Upside

1. Josh McRoberts- Good athlete and defender, knows his role. can score and shoot the 20 ft jumper. still very young. Solid shot blocker. Defends pick and rolls well.

2. B Wright- Just getting over injury that caused him to miss almost 80 games in two years. Is starting to put on wt. Nice shot blocker, rebounder, very long and has alot of skill around the basket. If he can stay on the floor and off the trainers table he would be a good get cheep!

3. Earl Clark- upside as a poor mans Lamar Odom, works hard on D. Has experiance in the spurs system as Orlando runs similar offense. Started to show sign of why phx wanted him so bad a few years ago. 22yr old.

Bottom feeders

1. Kyrylo Fesenko- Huge, long arms, moves well, has upside at both ends of the floor but has failed to put it together. Only 24 yr old.

2. Alexis Ajinca- 7-2 can shoot it out to 23ft, very long and athletic. Good shot blocker. Has all the upside to be a dominate defender and is developing a solid hook shot. Question is does he care enough to improve.

3. Jeff Foster- experianced, hard worker, defender, hard nose. No offensive skills at all. Moves very well for size and age. From Tex, maybe gives the Spurs a home town discount.

Of these I think the spurs go hard after Murphy, Foster, Wright and poss Ajinica...In that order. If they could get Foster and wright is 100% that would be a huge off season. Makes us better on both ends and much bigger.

would love to get murphy and wright to play the 4 and sign ajinca or fesenko as a project center to take over as backup once TD retires.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I like Murphy as he is a good rebounder who can shoot and has good size. Just an avg defender but should be able to defend PF better than anyone we have outside TD.

Wright, was just to thin when he came into the NBA and his body could not take the pounding. He has a solid skill set and could become a great defender in the Noah class if he can stay on the court.

I like both C pospects if I had to pick I like Ajinca more due to the TP connection and the fact he moves better than Fesenko, and has a nice jumper. Just his long arms for 12mpg would help us out on D a bunch.

Spurs seem to like to find guys with upside on the cheap Wright and Ajinca fit that mold.

i really think that murphy could be the only player the spurs could sign that could cause bonner to be moved. he can spread the floor just as well as bonner and would give the spurs a reliable player on both ends of the floor.

yavozerb
07-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I like Murphy as he is a good rebounder who can shoot and has good size. Just an avg defender but should be able to defend PF better than anyone we have outside TD.

Wright, was just to thin when he came into the NBA and his body could not take the pounding. He has a solid skill set and could become a great defender in the Noah class if he can stay on the court.

I like both C pospects if I had to pick I like Ajinca more due to the TP connection and the fact he moves better than Fesenko, and has a nice jumper. Just his long arms for 12mpg would help us out on D a bunch.

Spurs seem to like to find guys with upside on the cheap Wright and Ajinca fit that mold.

i really think that murphy could be the only player the spurs could sign that could cause bonner to be moved. he can spread the floor just as well as bonner and would give the spurs a reliable player on both ends of the floor.

Has anybody even seen Murphy play the last couple of seasons? just wondering :rolleyes

yavozerb
07-24-2011, 01:34 PM
14ppg 10rpg 1stl in 72 games played.-09-10 season. Injury didnt allow him to play last year very much.

Just turned 31, better than any front court player we have outside TD right now.

Murphy's numbers are very deceiving considering every team he has ever played on were run and gun offenses with very little defense and very few wins to show. Would take him for close to the minimum but in no way would I count on a 31 year old who basically sat out last season due to injuries..Pass

elemento
07-24-2011, 02:19 PM
We have to be realistic here

We have 73m already committed in salaries not counting the rookies.

Murphy (even with his down year last season), Martin and AK are going to make at least 5m/y. If we don't move Dick Jefferson, those targets are totally unrealistic, sadly.

With the assets that we have, we won't be able to get a starting PF and the starting PFs in the FA are going to be paid more than what the Spurs are willing to pay.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Are we not a run and gun offense? Are you saying NJ and Ind are Run and gun offenses? How old will Matt Bonner be this year? How many games has Dice missed due to knee injury? How tall is Blair? Splitter is very injury prone himself.

Guy had a season long injury and is 31, not 35. He has stayed injury free most of his career, even Dave missed a year due to injury. While I wouldnt break the bank for him, a 3mil a year deal would be a nice get for us. He can shoot it, pass and is bigger, a better defender and rebounder than Bonner.

Lets be real, if SA does not improve its size inside me should go into rebiuld mode and start trading our vets. Splitter, TD and Blair are not gonna get it done.

Very interesting question (the 1st one) - run and gun; perhaps the 1st part of the season. Actually, I think the Spurs are 2 different teams depending on who's in the game. W/ RJ and Blair in, they're run and gun (and also have the associated defensive liablilites). W/ Leonard and Splitter or Dice in the game, they are distinctly not run and gun.

We now know that Pop, although a very good coach, doesn't have the ability to coach both teams. I wonder which one they will be next year?

yavozerb
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I disagree that the spurs were run and gun..In my opinion yes, the spurs pushed the ball much harder last season and instituted this offense if the defensed allowed that. I would say at least 50% of the time of the ball was slowed down to run the half court sets (normal spurs set) if the defense got back into position. Watch GSW, Indiana, NYK, PHX if you want true run and gun.

dbestpro
12-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Could see the Spurs make a move on Pryzbilla. They use to covet him, and he probably has more left in the tank than Oberto.

CGD
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Under the new CBA, does a team acquiring a new player in trade reserve the right to apply the "amnesty" clause?

For example, if the Spurs send RJ to the Nuggets as part of a sign-and-trade package for Nene, do the Nuggets retain the right to apply the amnesty clause on RJ?

Mel_13
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Under the new CBA, does a team acquiring a new player in trade reserve the right to apply the "amnesty" clause?

For example, if the Spurs send RJ to the Nuggets as part of a sign-and-trade package for Nene, do the Nuggets retain the right to apply the amnesty clause on RJ?

Won't be known until the final version of the new CBA is written and signed.

The draft agreement doesn't specifically address that point.

ace3g
12-03-2011, 11:50 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sports Free Agency Buzz: Pat Riley, Heat in strong position to land Shane Battier. tinyurl.com/6lh99lt
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_free_agent_buzz_120311

timtonymanu
12-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Would have loved to have Battier here. Too bad we missed out.

ynh
12-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Won't be known until the final version of the new CBA is written and signed.

The draft agreement doesn't specifically address that point.

No, you can't trade for a player and then use it on them.

ace3g
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM
RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Greg Oden "strongly leaning" on re-signing with POR to $8.8M qualifying offer: would become FA in '12, sources tell Y!

ChuckD
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Greg Oden "strongly leaning" on re-signing with POR to $8.8M qualifying offer: would become FA in '12, sources tell Y!

That would suck for Portland. The only other first round centers who did this were Rasho and Kandi. They both left their original team after their fifth year QO acceptance.

ace3g
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Hawks free agent guard Jamal Crawford @JCrossover to have phone conversations with Indy, Chi, NO, ATL, NJ, ORL & Minny tomorrow, @YahooSports has learned.

Biggems
12-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Would it be realistic to be able to sign TJ Ford, Teyshawn Prince, and Aaron Gray?

C - Splitter, Gray, Blair
PF - Duncan, Bonner
SF - Prince, Leonard, Butler
SG - Manu, Neal, Anderson
PG - Parker, Ford, Joseph

We would need to possibly add another big and I see Joseph spending a lot of time in Austin.

Russo21
12-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Biggems that'd be wicked. Aaron Gray is a huge body and has a good game, he isnt a big name but he'd be fantastic help for our shithouse frontline. Prince would be a perfect starting SF and Ford a perfect backup to Tony. That shit is good. But Blair and Bonner are deadweights for the frontcourt still. Duncan, Gray and Splitter is nice but isn't enough to cut it.

Russo21
12-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Don't forget Caron Butler and the Spurs have expressed mutual interest in each other so he may wind up here instead. His best years he averaged like 21 points 7 rebounds and over 2 steals so he'd be sweet to. He didn't play many games last year, i can't remember what his injury was? He should be pretty fresh and good to go. Man i can't wait for the wheeling and dealing and signings to begin

ChuckD
12-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Don't forget Caron Butler and the Spurs have expressed mutual interest in each other so he may wind up here instead. His best years he averaged like 21 points 7 rebounds and over 2 steals so he'd be sweet to. He didn't play many games last year, i can't remember what his injury was? He should be pretty fresh and good to go. Man i can't wait for the wheeling and dealing and signings to begin

Caron had a torn Patella Tendon surgically repaired. He has supposedly passed a physical for the Clippers so they could make him an offer.

Honestly? I don't care if his numbers are no different from RJ's if he Ds up, is focused, and knocks down shots when we need them.

Biggems
12-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Biggems that'd be wicked. Aaron Gray is a huge body and has a good game, he isnt a big name but he'd be fantastic help for our shithouse frontline. Prince would be a perfect starting SF and Ford a perfect backup to Tony. That shit is good. But Blair and Bonner are deadweights for the frontcourt still. Duncan, Gray and Splitter is nice but isn't enough to cut it.

Bonner is great in the regular season, until late March......I am sick of him already. He is non-existent in the playoffs....though, he did his best against Randolph. Too bad the refs let Randolph completely maul Bonner on both ends, while calling some very soft fouls on Bonner. Still, as much as I dislike him, I loved the effort. I would like to upgrade our bigs, but unfortunately, we are stuck with Bonner for at least one more season.

As far as Blair goes, if we can keep him out of Whataburger or any other food establishment past midnight, he won't turn into a fat, lazy gremlin. He came into the year in great shape and was a beast in November and December. Then, he ate his way into basketball nothingness. If he can control his diet and stay in shape, he will beast this year.

BTW, I actually thought about having the Spurs go after both bigs from New Orleans.....Gray and Smith. I love the way Gray plays, especially on the defensive end. I am not too enamored by Smith, but he is a legit 7 footer with a decent skill set, though he is as soft as melted butter.

elemento
12-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Aaron Gray sucks and i don't think he wants just the min, otherwise he wouldn't have opted out his last year in NOLA.

Biggems
12-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Aaron Gray sucks and i don't think he wants just the min, otherwise he wouldn't have opted out his last year in NOLA.

Aaron Gray is a solid big man. He is a legit defensive presence, something we are sorely lacking. Also, he hustles his tail off, we can always use that kind of player.

Now, Smith does suck.....but he too is a legit 7 footer.....I would much rather get Troy Murphy, but his price tag is too rich.....still, the thought of having Duncan, Splitter, Murphy, Gray, and Blair as our bigs is a very nice thought. Unfortunately, it is unrealistic.

Russo21
12-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Missed out on Butler, Hill, Battier and Prince. Man that sucks. They all made quick decisions.

Spurs da champs
02-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Is Pryzbilla still out their?