PDA

View Full Version : Someone should kick Pop in the junk for the Bonner / Splitter situation

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Tim Duncan deserves better in the twilight of his career than to get fucked over continually because Pop keeps trotting out the title kryptonite that is Matt Bonner hoping he'll turn into a poor man's Robert Horry.

Meanwhile, Randolph is out there abusing whichever of Bonner (pussy) or Blair (short) is guarding him, while Splitter and his defensive game and height sit glued to the bench.

Fuck Pop and his stupid ass corporate knowledge nonsense. You need to put your best players on the floor, and you refuse to do it. Give it up and go hang out with your mentor Larry Brown somewhere you two can be happy going with corporate knowledge over talent and let someone else give Tim the shot at one last ring he deserves. :tu

jeebus
04-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Bonner is spreading the floor.

remingtonbo2001
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
:depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 02:40 PM
7-0 run from the 5:49 mark with Bonner in the end game. Fuck you Pop.

timtonymanu
04-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Buh buh he got us four rings. Fuck Tim Duncan and David Robinson and all those other guys. Pop is the only reason why this team has four rings.

ManuBalboa
04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Pop doesn't give a fuck. Just collecting the paycheck.

Jimcs50
04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Tim Duncan deserves better in the twilight of his career than to get fucked over continually because Pop keeps trotting out the title kryptonite that is Matt Bonner hoping he'll turn into a poor man's Robert Horry.

Meanwhile, Randolph is out there abusing whichever of Bonner (pussy) or Blair (short) is guarding him, while Splitter and his defensive game and height sit glued to the bench.

Fuck Pop and his stupid ass corporate knowledge nonsense. You need to put your best players on the floor, and you refuse to do it. Give it up and go hang out with your mentor Larry Brown somewhere you two can be happy going with corporate knowledge over talent and let someone else give Tim the shot at one last ring he deserves. :tu

SUCK ON THE TWO 3 Pointers, AHF!!!!!

jeebus
04-17-2011, 02:52 PM
He's still a piece of shit. If someone had played solid defense, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Jimcs50
04-17-2011, 02:59 PM
why do jack up a 3 with a 1 point deficet??

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
He still had a +/- of -10 (second lowest on the team), and got destroyed on the boards :td

The six didn't near make up for his anemic performance the other 25+ minutes he was on the court.

ManuBalboa
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow he makes 2 3's. That totally makes up for the 4 v. 5 on the other end. loooooomao

ColinB
04-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Blair should have been the odd man out this year. Maybe he does have a ton of potential, but he is not ready at all for this. He doesn't have any size. Zero post moves. Takes terrible shots. Makes bad decisions. The thing with Bonner is that he does pass the ball and doesn't take some god awful shot when he gets it in the lane.

With that said, Splitter not playing is surely a crime, but at least we aren't surprised.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
funny people sticking up for bonner with his 2 threes, which were much needed due to the defense dying as soon as he enters the game

WERE PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE BEATING THE GRIZZ. FAIR AND SQUARE LIKE OLD TIMES AND WHAT DOES POP DO???!!! THE DUMB SHIT PUTS BONNER IN TO PLAY WITH DUNCAN AND EVERYONE ELSE TO GIVE THE GRIZZ THE LEAD!! I CANT STAND IT. WE GET KICKED OUT POP SHOULD DEF. BE FIRED OR WALK AWAY

jag
04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
It's really hard to watch that shit.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
splitters body and 6 fouls wouldve came in handy this game

50Bestspurever
04-17-2011, 03:17 PM

+1 +1 When Timmy started out like his old self that is the first thing I thought of. Why the fuck does pop shove Bonner down our throats? How the fuck does he got all those damn minutes? How the fuck does Splitter not even touch the floor? Really wish someone would ask Pop these questions when he is on the podium. Wow, just disgusted with the players that surround the greatest powerforward ever.

Borosai
04-17-2011, 03:19 PM
You guys really can't be this dense. You think Bonner gave up all those points to Gasol and Randolph? Seriously? Get a clue.

The only defensive presence the Spurs have inside is Duncan. That's it. Maybe Splitter helps, maybe he doesn't. This team isn't very good defensively. As a whole. But if blaming one or two people makes your day better, have fun.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
i think tim only score liked 2 pts in the 2nd half :(

fck you pop and the ball hogz on the team tryin to take over the game with a cold hand

Juanobili
04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
wow someone actually asked Pop about Splitter playing Game 2

Spurs Brazil
04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Our big gave TD no help. Gasol/Z-bo combined for 49 pts (19-25FG)

Bonner, Blair and especially Dice got killed. Since Tiago won't play we must hit triples to win this series. And TD will be done after 3 games with no help for him inside. We could already see him slow down in the 2nd half

Tiago on the bench makes no sense. We'll be killed inside this whole series

WeNeedLength
04-17-2011, 03:22 PM
You guys really can't be this dense. You think Bonner gave up all those points to Gasol and Randolph? Seriously? Get a clue.

The only defensive presence the Spurs have inside is Duncan. That's it. Maybe Splitter helps, maybe he doesn't. This team isn't very good defensively. As a whole. But if blaming one or two people makes your day better, have fun.

Nice statement. LOL.
If you don't think Splitter D would be MUCH better than Bonner's D, then there's no hope for you. :downspin:

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM

Off the top of my head, Zach scored at least 12 with Bonner on him. And the crowning moment was Bonner falling down trying to box out Gasol at the end and giving up an offensive rebound and putback for Marc while Bonner laid on the court sucking his thumb.

But yeah, he had nothing to do with that mess today...

mouse
04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/InBeforeTheLock.gif

ColinB
04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Off the top of my head, Zach scored at least 12 with Bonner on him. And the crowning moment was Bonner falling down trying to box out Gasol at the end and giving up an offensive rebound and putback for Marc while Bonner laid on the court sucking his thumb.

You're acting like McDyess or Blair played their bigs any better. ALL of our bigs got destroyed, just Duncan to a lesser extent.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
this series reminds me of the mavs series in ghill 2nd season? didnt play him at all untill the final game and he made a difference even though we loss the series but wouldve made a difference if use earlier in the series...currently the same shit is going through with splitter

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 03:45 PM
You're acting like McDyess or Blair played their bigs any better. ALL of our bigs got destroyed, just Duncan to a lesser extent.

No, I'm acting like the only big who plays like a big at the defensive end (Tiago) should have got some run today.

All of our bigs not named Tim sucked ass, which makes Pop's decision to keep Tiago chained to the bench even more idiotic.

td4mvp21
04-17-2011, 03:47 PM
This was probably the worst possible way for things to unfold. I'm glad Bonner hit those two threes but he still can't defend Randolph or Gasol. He offers nothing on the defensive end of the floor. Pop will only pay attention to his two clutch three pointers and ignore his defensive liability even more.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2011, 03:50 PM
If Splitter doesn't get any min the next game it almost looks like Pop wants to make this more difficult than it has to be. How does Bonner getting min mean Splitter gets Zero? He has played well this year when actually given the chance to play. What is it about Splitter Pop hates so much?

SenorSpur
04-17-2011, 04:26 PM
No, I'm acting like the only big who plays like a big at the defensive end (Tiago) should have got some run today.

All of our bigs not named Tim sucked ass, which makes Pop's decision to keep Tiago chained to the bench even more idiotic.

+1

That's the whole point, right there.

Spurminator
04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Off the top of my head, Zach scored at least 12 with Bonner on him.

Unless he scored ten very late in the game, that can't be right. They showed a graphic late that showed Randolph as 1-2 against Bonner.

I didn't think Bonner was that bad in the paint, to be honest. But I would have liked to see him out of the game once we got the lead.

Manu_Ginobili
04-17-2011, 04:29 PM

ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID ABOVE!!! Even if we go 7 games (worse case) with Memphis and beat them, we are NOT going to win a title without BIGS helping Timmy!!!

WHY Splitter did NOT play??? Pop was [again] playing a FOOL!!!

WHY Novak did not play at least 5 minutes - while Bonner, Neal, and Hill were struggling from 3s, Novak could've hit couple of 3s - Pop, here is YOUR ball game right there, you f. MORRON [excuse my French!]; again, STUPID Popovich played damn [excuse my French!]!!! AGAIN and AGAIN he is f*****g us UP[excuse my French!]!!! We are getting killed inside - Gasol and Randolph killed us under the basket - With this ROSTER, if Pop DOES NOT play Splitter, he has ZERO chance beating L.A. and OKC, PERIOD!!! I am sick and tired of this a*****e [excuse my French!] being SO CONSERVATIVE - if Manu does NOT play, and Memphis BIGS are f*****g us in the a**[excuse my French!], WHY NOT TRYING WITH SPLITTER to help Dyes and Timmy??? "F. MORRON" to call Pop in THIS GAME, NOTHING more TO BE SAID...Pop completely outplayed by Memphis' coaches in this one...Very sad!!!

coachmac87
04-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Good point. But what pisses me off and I'm sure everybody else...It didnt have to be this way. I blame Horry for the Bonner love. Pop got spoiled with Horry and Duncan playing together and Horry "spreading" the floor. Except Horry played D! Then when we traded Bowen, it was a wrap. We decided to go with shooters, and not defesnvie minded players.

Becasue Pop got spoiled because Horry and Bowen can both shoot. Pop chose shooting over defesne, something I thought he would never do.

ElNono
04-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Bonner has been in the system for 4 seasons, including spending one getting over himself. We also just upped him for 3 more seasons... it just wouldn't be fair to the team to play Tiago instead...

lol matchups

Brazil
04-17-2011, 04:49 PM
fucking POP yeah right D is important

LongtimeSpursFan
04-17-2011, 04:53 PM

This.

Chomag
04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm happy for Bonner hitting those 2 3's but I would much rather spurs had more defence where those 2 3's werent needed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Even with those two threes, Bonner still came out with the second worst +/- of anyone on the team, and it wasn't close.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-17-2011, 04:59 PM
This was probably the worst possible way for things to unfold. I'm glad Bonner hit those two threes but he still can't defend Randolph or Gasol. He offers nothing on the defensive end of the floor. Pop will only pay attention to his two clutch three pointers and ignore his defensive liability even more.

In reallity no one can stop Zach Randolph. The dude is a 20-12 guy. Bonner was forced to play more minutes because Dice had such a bad game. Dice is more to blame for inablity to stop Randolph than Bonner should be.

SenorSpur
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
In that graphic TNT showed, Randolph got at least 5 baskets against McDyess alone.

Even though Randolph is listed @ 6'9", I hear Randolph he is actually around 6'6". If so, one would think Blair could give him trouble.

jjktkk
04-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Call out Bonner, but don't forget to add Dyess's name as well.

temujin
04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
In that graphic TNT showed, Randolph got at least 5 baskets against McDyess alone.

Even though Randolph is listed @ 6'9", I hear Randolph he is actually around 6'6". If so, one would think Blair could give him trouble.

If randolph is 6'6'' then Blair is 6'3''.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
To add to the problem, AH, Dice was worse than Bonner and Blair on both ends and the Spurs completely abandoned their running offense. If you can't play defense and can't get easy baskets, expect to get beat up and lose a lot.

SenorSpur
04-17-2011, 05:36 PM

Couldn't agree more. Were it not for Duncan's greatness,this franchise would be the Mavericks - all playoff appearances and nothing to show for it.

Were it not for Duncan, Pop would just be considered, amnog NBA circles, as a competent coach and not a great coach. He'd probably be viewed even less than say Jerry Sloan.

Now that he's nearing the end of his career, Pop is doing his future HOF center a grave disservice by compromising the team's chances by his refusal to put his best players on the floor, and by not providing Tim with better frontcourt size and support.

Whatever happens, this is all on Pop.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Why does Pop refuse to play Rasho/Nazr/Oberto/Mahinmi/Splitter? It's a mystery.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_A2JRAWJd9O0/S4a5XDVNUOI/AAAAAAAAAtA/6SjCnwNGHUA/s320/don-nelson-drinking.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Whatever happens, this is all on Pop.Except if they win, of course.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 05:41 PM
To add to the problem, AH, Dice was worse than Bonner and Blair on both ends and the Spurs completely abandoned their running offense. If you can't play defense and can't get easy baskets, expect to get beat up and lose a lot.

Agreed. Dice struggled as well, and it was disappointing to say the least. I expect him to bounce back though. I expect Zach and Gasol to continue to use Bonner as a turnstile.

ChumpDumper
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Splitter has no offensive game. Popovich wants an offensive team. The Spurs are now the old Phoenix Suns so Splitter is out of Pop's favor.

It is that simple.You're stupid and no one likes you.

Dingle Barry
04-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Bonner Blair and Dice all got raped viciously.

dbestpro
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Your right. It's gotta be Tony Parker's fault that Gasol and Randolf went off.

SPURS50
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
I can't stomach Pop no more.. I can't, WTF is he thinking? Sometimes I think he just doesn't care... Why should we then? Watching the Lakers lose makes me feel a little better though. LOL

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 05:56 PM
I have a whole lot more faith that the Lakers are going to suddenly start playing better defense than I am that Pop's going to start playing Splitter and stop forcing the ball to Hill.