PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan: 3 FGAs in the 2nd half...

TDfan2007
04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
No Manu on the floor, and the Spurs can't manage to feed Timmy the ball when our half court offense was struggling? I can't say I'm shocked, but it's still frustrating to watch.

Btw, is it just me, or are you guys wishing that Tim jacked up that 3 instead of RJ?

Thoughts?

dbreiden83080
04-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Duncan needed to demand the ball way more in the 4th qtr.. We'll win game 2 Manu or no Manu it is gonna be a long series..

TDfan2007
04-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Bump. Manu is doubtful for tomorrow. If he doesn't play then Tim needs to see the ball more, especially in the 4th quarter. The fact that he was only fed the ball once (maybe twice?) is just atrocious. With the game on the line I trust Tim with the ball more than anyone on our team besides Manu. Tim is great at getting in the middle and kicking out to open shooters. He's also great at feeding cutters (like RJ and Tony).

As an aside I'd like to point out that Splitter's knack for getting open in the paint PERFECTLY complements Tim's ability to feed cutters. They'd work well together, kind of like Tim and Oberto. This is obviously a pipe dream, and will never happen since a) Pop refuses to play Splitter, and b) Splitter and Timmy have played a grand total of 5 minutes together all season (can't believe I'm typing this...), and have no chemistry.

blizz
04-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Duncan needed to demand the ball way more in the 4th qtr.. We'll win game 2 Manu or no Manu it is gonna be a long series..

actually...no manu = a short series...a very short one.

Fireball
04-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Just a question: Was it not possible to get the ball to Duncan more often in the second half (because Memphis defended that way) or did the Spurs not try again after he missed like two shots in a row?

xtremesteven33
04-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Timmy also didnt take any perimeter shots. Im sure he well game 2..Cant show all your cards in game 1.

boutons_deux
04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
shooting 40% was the primary problem, combined with the Grizz shooting 55%.

Spurs shoot just 45%, they win, without Manu and with invisible 2nd half Tim.

portnoy1
04-20-2011, 05:23 AM
No Manu on the floor, and the Spurs can't manage to feed Timmy the ball when our half court offense was struggling? I can't say I'm shocked, but it's still frustrating to watch.

Btw, is it just me, or are you guys wishing that Tim jacked up that 3 instead of RJ?

Thoughts?
Yeah I do wish Tim put up that 3, but he made the correct play. As for him not getting touches, thats on Parker and Pop. Coach has got to call plays for the guy and the Pg has to have the common sense to know he was hot and give memphis a steady diet of 2003 Timmy.

BuzzerBeater
04-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Roots, to see what's wrong with the leaves you have to go back to the roots. Timmy is also a decision maker like Manu whenever it's lights out for Tony and GHill. Timmy for the 3 is a no brainer, ask Shaq.

Jimcs50
04-20-2011, 07:51 AM
The one time TD really needed to get a touch and make a play to get off a shot was when Memphis cut Spurs lead to 2. Instead Tony jacks up a shot early in shot clock without running any offense. Griz get rebound and Battier makes game winning 3.

What was Parker thinking?

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2011, 07:59 AM
td met his reg season avg, called it a night

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-20-2011, 08:03 AM
TD played well enough on offense for the Spurs to win. Of course he could have and should have been more active in the 2nd half, but that was not the problem. The problem was that his defense was bad and his man, who has little offensive game, shot 90%.

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2011, 08:46 AM
the problem was they were not allowing our 3pt shooters any space, and for them to get going we must afford guys like neal, bonner and co to chuck a few shots to get going b4 they nail down....

cant do much if the defense isnt giving us free shots

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2011, 08:46 AM
the problem was they were not allowing our 3pt shooters any space, and for them to get going we must afford guys like neal, bonner and co to chuck a few shots to get going b4 they nail down....

cant do much if the defense isnt giving us free shots

GrandeDavid
04-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Thoughts?

I would rather Tim have shot it than RJ, yes. I have zero confidence in RJ in the clutch at this point.

If its close late, the Spurs must get the ball in Duncan's hands. If you lose because Duncan can't deliver, than that's just the sign of the times and the fact that our key core players are aged. But you don't want to lose because Tim touched the ball 3 times in the 2nd half, and guys like George Hill, Matt Bonner, Gary Neal and RJ are chuckin and probably missin. Yes, you want those guys to shoot, but they need to work the ball through Tim a little more.