PDA

View Full Version : Coach Pop post game - right now

siraulo23
04-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Somebody just asked pop if theres a chance tiago is gonna get minute in game 2 :wow:wow:wow

And of course he said "i dont know, havent thought about it"

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
At least somebody asked:lol..progress, I suppose..

ElNono
04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Somebody just asked pop if theres a chance tiago is gonna get minute in game 2 :wow:wow:wow

Obviously not from the SA media...

And Pop is probably more mad at the question than the loss

Juanobili
04-17-2011, 03:22 PM
"Can you tell us about that Battier 3?"
"What would you like to know about it?"
"Well can you tell us how it developed?"
"He caught it and shot it."

Giuseppe
Just stick to yer guns, Pop. Don't give in to pressure on this Splitter situation.

siraulo23
now tim is on right now

dbreiden83080
Wy the fuck did he get ZERO min today?

Did Splitter run over Pop's dog or something in training camp? I have no idea why they brought him over?

Libri
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
"Can you tell us about that Battier 3?"
"What would you like to know about it?"
"Well can you tell us how it developed?"
"He caught it and shot it."

That's a typical answer by Pop

"They made shots."

4>0rings
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM

The hell?? Fuck this bum!

jag
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Just stick to yer guns, Pop. Don't give in to pressure on this Splitter situation.

:lol Cul has never liked the idea of The Tiago seeing more floor time.

Harry Callahan
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Maybe he should think about defending the basket a little better with a four point lead and a minute to go.

Layups and wide open threes = 7-0 run. Same old crap that has been going on for two months now.

Way to PISS away HCA right out of the gate.

polandprzem
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Wy the fuck did he get ZERO min today?

Did Splitter run over Pop's dog or something in training camp? I have no idea why they brought him over?

Pop can't play Tim, Dyess, Bonner, Blair Splitter in the same game in the playoffs

Pop has a rotation and he keeps it strongly believing in his philosophy

DMC
04-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Tiago would have been a foul machine, especially how they called this game.

J_Paco
04-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Splitter may not be able to defend either Randolph or Gasol, I personally don't believe that, but Pop's stubborn refusal to play him over any of Bonner, McDyess or Blair will cost this team playoff games (today for example) and possibly a series.

Oh, Hill and Jefferson choking/bricking while Blair is putting up weak-ass layups/floaters (does he think he's Tony Parker or something) and Timmy is iced out of the game in the second half didn't help.

objective
04-17-2011, 03:30 PM
The media needs to phrase their Splitter questions differently. And by media, I mean non-local media, as McDonald and his cohorts know their place.

Something like, "Will Splitter get over himself by next season?"

itzsoweezee
04-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Tiago can definitely defend Gasol.

4>0rings
04-17-2011, 03:33 PM
3 things guaranteed to happen:

Death
Taxes
Bonner +20 mpg

Horse
04-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Just his big body will be a big improvement, Especially in this series we don't need bonners offense especially if Manu is back. Tiago is a good rebounder and defender.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Pop can't play Tim, Dyess, Bonner, Blair Splitter in the same game in the playoffs

His Philosophy is what? Let Bonner get lit up on D while missing 3's

Splitter needs Min against the Memphis Bigs for shit's sake..

ElNono
04-17-2011, 03:36 PM

That worked well last season...

J_Paco
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM

I believe he can too, but the stubborn old coach thinks Blair and Bonner are better options. Maybe after we're in a elimination game he'll scramble to add Splitter to the rotation. Then lament during the off-season, when we've been eliminated by Memphis, Oklahoma City/Denver or Los Angeles, that he should have been given him more time. Captain Hindsight strikes again in San Antonio.....

Or maybe Peter Holt will bitch slap Pop and ask why $3.5 million dollars is just sitting on the bench rotting. A guy that was coveted for two or three seasons and brings (shock!!!!) defense, quickness, size and youth to a sub-par front-court.

Manu_Ginobili

WHAT an IDIOT!!!

WHY Splitter did NOT play??? Pop was [again] playing a FOOL!!!

WHY Novak did not play at least 5 minutes - while Bonner, Neal, and Hill were struggling from 3s, Noval could've hit couple of 3s - Pop, here is YOUR ball game right there, you f. MORRON [excuse my French!]; again, STUPID Popovich played damn [excuse my French!]!!! AGAIN and AGAIN he is f*****g us UP[excuse my French!]!!! We are getting killed inside - Gasol and Randolph killed us under the basket - With this ROSTER, if Pop DOES NOT play Splitter, he has ZERO chance beating L.A. and OKC, PERIOD!!! I am sick and tired of this a*****e [excuse my French!] being SO CONSERVATIVE - if Manu does NOT play, and Memphis BIGS are f*****g us in the a**[excuse my French!], WHY NOT TRYING WITH SPLITTER to help Dyes and Timmy??? "F. MORRON" to call Pop in THIS GAME, NOTHING more TO BE SAID...Pop completely outplayed by Memphis' coaches in this one...Very sad!!!

SenorSpur
People have gotten angry at Barkley's comments, and him predicting that "the Spurs will not survive this first round series" may indeed be hyperbole. However, the one thing he is absolutely correct on is that the Spurs frontline IS smallish. There's no getting around that.

We all know Pop isn't going to play Splitter, which further underscores how smallish that frontline rotation really is around Duncan. So all they really have is Duncan and 2 6'9" PFs, (one of which is red-haired, finesse, stetch-4), and an undersized 6'7" center. It's just not enough.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2011, 03:39 PM
someone should ask him why was the team played shit scared out of the gates at home...fkn

ColinB
04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Not so sure why everyone is so confident on Tiago guarding Gasol. He seems to do better against more agile bigs, which Gasol is not. Gasol is a big dude and pretty slow. Although, I'd definitely prefer to see it over Blair or Bonner guarding him. I just wouldn't expect some sort of miracle.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Tiago would have been a foul machine, especially how they called this game.

You mean, like get five fouls like Blair and 'Dice did?

Spurs lost by one basket. Tiago usually is good for 2-3 charges drawn each game. Just sayin'.

Harry Callahan
04-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I hate the way thay play on D.

Even if Splitter can't shoot like Bonner, he would not be a damn sieve on D like Bonner and Blair (at times). Bonner offsets his one main skill (shooting threes) by playing like crap on defense.

I'm also not sure Duncan can play a quality 38-40 minute game. He needs help.

The FG percentage by the two Memphis bigs was totally unacceptable.

TDMVPDPOY
04-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Not so sure why everyone is so confident on Tiago guarding Gasol. He seems to do better against more agile bigs, which Gasol is not. Gasol is a big dude and pretty slow. Although, I'd definitely prefer to see it over Blair or Bonner guarding him. I just wouldn't expect some sort of miracle.

tiago is a smart defender man, even though he gets calls against him, but he usually plays nice defense when we know the outcome, but he makes them work for those points...

J_Paco
04-17-2011, 03:47 PM
People have gotten angry at Barkley's comments, and him predicting that "the Spurs will not survive this first round series" may indeed be hyperbole. However, the one thing he is absolutely correct on is that the Spurs frontline IS smallish. There's no getting around that.

We all know Pop isn't going to play Splitter, which further underscores how smallish that frontline rotation really is around Duncan. So all they really have is Duncan and 2 6'9" PFs, (one of which is red-haired, finesse, stetch-4), and an undersized 6'7" center. It's just not enough.

+1

Completely agree with your assessment, Senor. The Pop of 5 or 6 years ago would never had trotted out such a short front-line during the season/playoffs. Yet, it's been going on three seasons now and he has his much coveted 6'11'' first-round pick rotting on the bench. And we all thought it was Ian who was too raw, injury-prone and under developed to "earn" minutes. Come to find out Pop prefers a shooting-guard sized center and a non-rebounding, "stretch" power forward that can't defend.

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2011, 03:48 PM

Gasol can't create his own offense..

Most of his points came off of catches today..if you put a mobile, 6'11 guy on him, he'll have a harder time scoring than when he's going up against 6'9 and 6'6 players..

He did make some shots over Duncan, too, but I doubt he's going to be making some of those fluky shots again..

Limited sample size, but Gasol was 2-6 vs. Splitter, this season, IIRC..

ElNono
04-17-2011, 03:50 PM
+1

Completely agree with your assessment, Senor. The Pop of 5 or 6 years ago would never had trotted out such a short front-line during the season/playoffs. Yet, it's been going on three seasons now and he has his much coveted 6'11'' first-round pick rotting on the bench.

I think the results for the last three seasons speak for themselves...

Mugen
04-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Add having Hill and Jefferson over Neal on the last play to the list of the dumbfuck moves Pop has made in the last 2 months...

polandprzem
04-17-2011, 03:51 PM
I hate the way thay play on D.

Even if Splitter can't shoot like Bonner, he would not be a damn sieve on D like Bonner and Blair (at times). Bonner offsets his one main skill (shooting threes) by playing like crap on defense.

I'm also not sure Duncan can play a quality 38-40 minute game. He needs help.

The FG percentage by the two Memphis bigs was totally unacceptable.

Yup

You can't front then all the time.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-17-2011, 03:51 PM
to some of you who dont think tiago can defend gasol, look it up and see what he did to him, if i tell you you wont believe me so take a look, and this is when splitter was younger and didnt know shit! tiago will straight up change this team if hes played with the big three instead of fucking novak!! or bonner!

i think the spurs are alright for game 2 but pop is not as smart as people think. in fact i challenge pop to an IQ test!! his brain is saturated with wine and his execution is a joke

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-17-2011, 03:54 PM
^ when i refer to novak i know he didnt play today. but it seems like tiago is played with the biggest scrubs. its really stupid to say but i have no other conclusion other than pop having a vendetta against splitter.

we need everything this guy brings. if you hate his offense tell him not to shoot but let the man defend our paint you fool!

J_Paco
04-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I think the results for the last three seasons speak for themselves...

Yeah, but it's always a different excuse. Let's see.............

'08: Tiago doesn't come over and leaves Spurs blowing in the wind. Fabricio has heart condition and plays limited minutes in a greatly reduced role. Kurt Thomas is old and plays part-time starter. Matt Bonner is given an increased role do to the varying circumstances of the other players. Ian has season-ending injury that was initially misdiagnosed. Duncan is overused and fades in the playoffs.

'09: Under-sized rookie DeJuan Blair plays well during regular season, but has his role reduced during the playoffs. He also struggles against the longer Phoenix front-court. McDyess comes from Detroit, but struggles early-on in the season. He picks up his play against Dallas but struggles against Phoenix as well. Matt Bonner is given the role of starter throughout a significant part of the season, but loses it to McDyess and struggles in the playoffs. Ian Mahinmi is never given a legitimate chance to crack the (small) big man rotation because he's either too raw, injury-prone or something. Duncan is overused and fades in the playoffs.

'10: Much coveted Tiago Splitter is finally in a Spurs jersey, but he suffers an injury in training camp and never learns to get over himself. So, he plays a limited role throughout the season and sporadic playing time. Bonner shots a career high from three-point range, so that justifies him defending LaMarcus Aldridge, Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph and Lamar Odom. DeJuan Blair has a disappointing sophomore year since his game didn't improve in any significant way (IMO). Yet, his 6'7'' frame still deserves to play over Splitter because he learned to get over himself last season. Antonio McDyess has an average season in San Antonio, his play was better in the first-half of the season (again, IMO). Duncan minutes are monitored and lowered to a career low of 28.4 per game, but he's the Spurs only consistent/good post defender and rebounder.

'11: Splitter must get over himself during the lockout.....