PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili would had been the difference...

Martin R
04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
...down the strech. Up by 2, no way the game was going to be out of SA hands with the ball in the hands of Manu Ginobili.

It was like the team was head-less on court, looking for the "ghost" of Manu to carry them to the win.

timvp
04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
The Spurs were just as good choking off leads late in the season when Manu was healthy . . .

polandprzem
04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
The Spurs were just as good choking off leads late in the season when Manu was healthy . . .

The truth

Lack of concentration and executing plays

mexicanjunior
04-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Yep...see the 6 game losing streak...

ElNono
04-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Playoffs Manu is different... remember 2006? Oh, wait... nevermind

Manu_Ginobili
04-17-2011, 04:18 PM
...down the strech. Up by 2, no way the game was going to be out of SA hands with the ball in the hands of Manu Ginobili.

It was like the team was head-less on court, looking for the "ghost" of Manu to carry them to the win.

WHAT STUPID POST that is!!! Coach AND THE PLAYERS knew MANU could NOT play!!! THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!!!

WHY Splitter did NOT play??? Pop was [again] playing a FOOL!!!

WHY Novak did not play at least 5 minutes - while Bonner, Neal, and Hill were struggling from 3s, NovaK could've hit couple of 3s - Pop, here is YOUR ball game right there, you f. MORRON [excuse my French!]; again, STUPID Popovich played damn [excuse my French!]!!! AGAIN and AGAIN he is f*****g us UP[excuse my French!]!!! We are getting killed inside - Gasol and Randolph killed us under the basket - With this ROSTER, if Pop DOES NOT play Splitter, he has ZERO chance beating L.A. and OKC, PERIOD!!! I am sick and tired of this a*****e [excuse my French!] being SO CONSERVATIVE - if Manu does NOT play, and Memphis BIGS are f*****g us in the a**[excuse my French!], WHY NOT TRYING WITH SPLITTER to help Dyes and Timmy??? "F. MORRON" to call Pop in THIS GAME, NOTHING more TO BE SAID...Pop completely outplayed by Memphis' coaches in this one...Very sad!!!

ElNono
04-17-2011, 04:19 PM
That said FU Pop for sitting him down...

ohmwrecker
04-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow.

ace3g
04-17-2011, 04:21 PM
This game was less about Manu and more about Splitter. We had plenty of help at the SG/SF position, I guarantee this would have been a blow out loss last season with Bogans/Mason getting a lot of minutes.

The game was lost in the paint, when Bonner/Blair are out there, they require a double team (that isn't a positive thing). Spurs have to send a man over to double whoever Blair/Bonner are guarding leaving a Grizz player open.

Splitter would have helped with the boards, defense, and some easy points inside.

coachmac87
04-17-2011, 04:23 PM
If Manu was 6'10 possibly.....Kinda got the feeling it was destiny for Memphis.

ElNono
04-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Manu matters because he gets attention off the other guys... that's how you get Neal, Bonner, Hill 3 pointers... He also matters because he draws fouls on their bigs and gets to the line... on a day when Tony was sucking chucking jumpers, penetration would have helped a lot.

Manu_Ginobili
04-17-2011, 04:26 PM
This game was less about Manu and more about Splitter. We had plenty of help at the SG/SF position, I guarantee this would have been a blow out loss last season with Bogans/Mason getting a lot of minutes.

The game was lost in the paint, when Bonner/Blair are out there, they require a double team (that isn't a positive thing). Spurs have to send a man over to double whoever Blair/Bonner are guarding leaving a Grizz player open.

Splitter would have helped with the boards, defense, and some easy points inside.

This is absolutely correct! Thanks!

Lukor
04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Rudy gay out for the season. Nuff said.

Chomag
04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Defence would have been the difference but unfortunately this team is not tuned to that. Don't forget that the Grizz are playing without one of their best players "Rudy Gay"

ohmwrecker
04-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Even if he fouls out every game, Splitter should give Gasol at least 15 physical minutes a game for the rest of the series. It's unfathomable how Pop doesn't see this.

DPG21920
04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Pop has a massive ego. All great coaches do. But eventually it bites them all in the ass.

Chomag
04-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Just saying that Spurs shouldn't need Manu to beat the not full strength Grizzlies

spurtech09
04-17-2011, 04:38 PM
it would be nice if pop played splitter but o well....spurs will win the next game...

Brazil
04-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm not even sure Manu would have made a difference we were lucky grizz missed so many FTs

The issue is not Manu was not there the issue is our D sucks ass

wunderkindepiphany
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
couldawouldacouldawoulda. maybe so maybe not.

04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
ginobili would have just bricked another step back 3.

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Rudy gay out for the season. Nuff said.

LOL Maverick fan who thinks his favorite team is actually going deep into the post-season. I'd be pretty damn shocked if they beat the Blazers, tbqfh.

Mugen
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Pop would proably play Ginobili on Gasol/Randolph before Splitter so maybe OP has a point....

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Manu would have been the difference because if he'd started Parker would have been running the point instead of Hill.

ChumpDumper
04-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Pop and Bonner are the only reasons the Spurs have ever lost a game.

And Parker.