PDA

View Full Version : Of all the idiots we have faced on the opposition in the playoffs...Rasheed...

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Has to be the one that I hate the most.

Arrogant Asshole man.

He is Like Karr to Duncan's Kitt.

Sorry... had to pull out the Knight Rider Reference.

ididnotnothat
06-07-2005, 07:17 AM
For some reason I like Rashweed's style of play.
He kicked ass last night.

Taco
06-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Rasheed is a good player he just plays with a lot of emotion and sometimes that is his down fall

ObiwanGinobili
06-07-2005, 07:43 AM
I agree with Taco.
ANd I think i mentioned that in another thread.. I've noticed a lack of emotional control on the part of a couple Pistons players.. including Rasheed.
BUt from what I've seen I also like the way the guy plays. And I must say that i was surprised to learn that he has almost 200 T's in his career?? am i getting that # right?
He just has such an innocent face.....

GrandeDavid
06-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Sheed really doesn't get under my skin perhaps as much as he should. Maybe that'll change throughout the course of this series.

boutons
06-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Sheed is obviously an emotional runt, about 2 years old. The way he left Portland marked him always for me.

His game is like a Euro-big not like his balla tatoos and his trashy, boxing-style championship belt indicate, a 6'11'' PF who prefers hanging out on the perimeter taking chickenshit 3G's rather than playing in down PF terrritory and mixing it up. Just because he wear's a boxer's belt doesn't make him a fighter. He's a poor 3G shooter, only 32% this season.

And of course his 4 PF/game, which he NEVER commits, reduce his minutes, which is fine with him since he's a lazy, no-hustle son of a bitch.

More TOs than AST per game.

Flea
06-07-2005, 08:28 AM
I too like Rasheed Wallace but i hope he totally sucks in the next series. :)

IX_Equilibrium
06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Pop and Tim both like Sheed alot. I remember both of them saying that he really was a great guy.

SpizdiStrann
06-07-2005, 08:36 AM
truth is:: rasheed > duncan.. he´s more of a team player. not that great post player like tim, but he better allaround and he´s not selfish.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Rasheed is going make Tim work hard, but I would gladly take his relatively mild stupidity to the shit I'm sure we'd have to hear from Shaq night in and night out. At least the media doesn't lick his ass the way they do Shaq. And can you imagine how much shit we would have to listen to about how "Shaq is such a warrior fighting through his injury" and "Wade is the next Jordan" BS that we won't have to endure now. The Pistons are a tougher on the court matchup but at least the media hates them as much as they hate the Spurs.

1Parker1
06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I was confused for a minute. There are 2 Obi Wan Ginobili's. I was like, why is she starting a thread saying she hates Rasheed thens saying he's ok? :lol

duncan_21
06-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Sheed is obviously an emotional runt, about 2 years old. The way he left Portland marked him always for me.

His game is like a Euro-big not like his balla tatoos and his trashy, boxing-style championship belt indicate, a 6'11'' PF who prefers hanging out on the perimeter taking chickenshit 3G's rather than playing in down PF terrritory and mixing it up. Just because he wear's a boxer's belt doesn't make him a fighter. He's a poor 3G shooter, only 32% this season.

And of course his 4 PF/game, which he NEVER commits, reduce his minutes, which is fine with him since he's a lazy, no-hustle son of a bitch.

More TOs than AST per game.
I agree with most of your points but with less of the harshness.

SpizdiStrann
06-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Tim is selfish?

no.. not at all.. but rasheed still doesn´t have to score points, if that is not needed. duncan is the other story..

and :: nice signature.. i like it!! :smokin

duncan_21
06-07-2005, 08:48 AM
truth is:: rasheed > duncan.. he´s more of a team player. not that great post player like tim, but he better allaround and he´s not selfish.

Uh, either you're stupid or high. Sheed has won 0 mvps, never made the all nba first team can't score and rebound like timmy. Not to mention the games he gets kicked out of or getting technicals thus hurting his team.

I'll take back my post if you can back up your claim.

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 09:03 AM

:lol either you're blind or you come from an alternate reality.

Sheed is ok in my book, he is funny to watch, especially when he's pissed. He gonna have to start some medication before this series.

TwoHandJam
06-07-2005, 09:10 AM
:lmao

http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/newgrab6.gif

Worst. Take. Ever.

Xolotl
06-07-2005, 09:23 AM

That was by far the most moronic statement ever uttered on this site. I am embarrassed for you and everybody close to you. In fact I am so saddened by your lack of knowledge that I am asking that you reformat your hard drive, and never touch another computer again.

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Rasheed the Weed Wallace only showes up to play once every other game. He drives me up a damn wall. When he plays good he is AMAZING, but dammit it is so spotty! I think you guys will be really impressed with RIP after this series, just like we will when we actually get to see Manu and Beno.

Good Luck

BEST 2 LEFT HANDS DOWN!

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
he´s more of a team player

Than Duncan?? OK..now I know you are high. Rasheed is a stud. No question about that. The dude has range, a good post game and is a good defender and I have been a big fan of his since UNC but more of a team player than Duncan? No way in hell. I Duncan will not quit on his team if he is having a bad game or rant and rave if he doens't get his way.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Rasheed's game is all about his passion. And sometimes his passion gets the best of him and he's an idiot. The Spurs had a similar idiot in Stephen Jackson -- though Jack wasn't that much of an idiot when he was here. I don't think you can just blanketly call Rasheed an asshole; he's just someone like Stephen Jackson who needs to reign in his emotion.

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Rasheed just bugs me, sorry.

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I actually used to not like Rasheed before he became a Piston. You get to know a player in a different/deeper way when he plays for your team. He's a good person giving lots of himself to his community.

I really disliked Mourning for the heat and Dooling, both always walking around with scowls on their face with Mourning acting like he's the baddest man on the planet. :rolleyes

I like the Spurs players/coach and pull for them during the regular season...but this is the playoffs against my team!

GO PISTONS!!! :D

CosmicCowboy
06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
That stupid boxing style trophy belt of Sheeds is ridiculous...The guys on TNT could barely keep from openly making fun of it...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 10:48 AM
That's true, that belt bugs me. Isn't the 12 pound ring with 400 diamonds that they give the champions gawdy enough for him?

fromswitzerland
06-07-2005, 10:48 AM
That stupid boxing style trophy belt of Sheeds is ridiculous...The guys on TNT could barely keep from openly making fun of it...

I think Barkley wanted one.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:50 AM

All the Pistons have it though, right? Not just Rasheed.

fromswitzerland
06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
All the Pistons have it though, right? Not just Rasheed.

Yes, Rasheed (as I recall) had them made for everybody.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
You know, the Spurs have a lanky forward who can shoot the long range J, has a tendency to attack the rim, and will crash the boards. Before Piston fan wants to compare Sheed to TD they might think about a more proper comparison, which is Sheed v. Horry...

CosmicCowboy
06-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I think Barkley wanted one.

Barkley wanted a championship, not a belt...:lol...When Charles was smirking at it Kenny jabbed him about the belt representing a championship...

fekz
06-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Rasheed the Weed Wallace only showes up to play once every other game. He drives me up a damn wall. When he plays good he is AMAZING, but dammit it is so spotty! I think you guys will be really impressed with RIP after this series, just like we will when we actually get to see Manu and Beno.

Good Luck

BEST 2 LEFT HANDS DOWN!

The welcoming party is over, that means you can take your lips off of the spurs collective ass now. Who cares who they'll be impressed with. I get the impression you are more concerned with who they are impressed more then getting a win Thursday.

As far as The 'Sheed hate, Im sure you'd see it differently if he was wearing a spurs uniform alongside Duncan. No, 'Sheed is not better than Duncan overall, but Rasheed has a mean streak turned on by emotion that duncan doesn't have. That Mean streak usually makes the difference between and win and a loss. The last thing a team want's to do is get him going.

Don't hate on the championship belt, thats just 'Sheed, it's what he's all about. Loud, proud and not afraid to tell it like it is. I'll take that over politically correct "class" any day.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
The welcoming party is over, that means you can take your lips off of the spurs collective ass now. Who cares who they'll be impressed with. I get the impression you are more concerned with who they are impressed more then getting a win Thursday.

As far as The 'Sheed hate, Im sure you'd see it differently if he was wearing a spurs uniform alongside Duncan. No, 'Sheed is not better than Duncan overall, but Rasheed has a mean streak turned on by emotion that duncan doesn't have. That Mean streak usually makes the difference between and win and a loss. The last thing a team want's to do is get him going.

Don't hate on the championship belt, thats just 'Sheed, it's what he's all about. Loud, proud and not afraid to tell it like it is. I'll take that over politically correct "class" any day.

Sheed has stupidity which tends to be turned on by emotion. If you think Duncan doesn't get pissed you haven't been paying too much attention. Fortunately, Duncan is more adept at channelling his emotion into something productive, such as lighting up chumps like Wallace.

Given Wallace's talent level he has underachieved over the course of his career. Unfortunately for him and your homer self, he was never near Duncan's talent level to begin with.

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Duncan has a mean streak, he just keeps his mouth shut when he is on it and kills you anyway.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:02 AM
of course...who wants to have class? :rolleyes

myhc
06-07-2005, 11:04 AM
No, 'Sheed is not better than Duncan overall, but Rasheed has a mean streak turned on by emotion that duncan doesn't have. .

Ever see Duncan have a bad game? It doesn't happen much but when he does, he always follows it up with a 30 point, 15 rebound, 5 block smackdown. Just because Tim doesn't make faces and get technical fouls, don't underestimate the fire and passion of a 2 time MVP. Rasheed is a fierce competitor no doubt. But his emotions can hurt his team. That won't happen to Duncan.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Also, I'd like to know when Tim Duncan ceased to be a "team player". Piston fan needs to lay off the sauce.

fekz
06-07-2005, 11:11 AM
of course...who wants to have class? :rolleyes

Class is overated and overemphasized by those who don't even have it. People get on a message board, use proper grammar, assume they have class, and use themselves as a barometer of what class is. No. It's a tired issue. Not everyone is going to be polite, or politically correct. Instead of hearing about Rasheed's game, I'm hearing about his attitude, and his belt. Is that all you got? You don't have to scream and yell to be an asshole, I think you just proved that.

fekz
06-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Also, I'd like to know when Tim Duncan ceased to be a "team player". Piston fan needs to lay off the sauce.

Who said that?

ZappaFan
06-07-2005, 11:13 AM
That's true, that belt bugs me. Isn't the 12 pound ring with 400 diamonds that they give the champions gawdy enough for him?

There is no such thing as a championship ring that is too gaudy. I think you'll find that a universal truth amongst the players. :)

Nobody is > than Tim btw. Sheed can give him some game if he brings it. When Sheed gets fired up watch out! Only problem is sometimes he's just not firing and he disappears. Pistons are undefeated when Sheed goes for 20.

Pistons are a "do what it takes to win" team. This team always seems to do just enough, and sometimes they seem to take the hard way. Taking the hard way as much as they have makes them unflappable under fire. If they game is close, I put my money on the Pistons. They deliver under fire.

Pistons in 6.

fekz
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Nobody is > than Tim btw. Sheed can give him some game if he brings it. When Sheed gets fired up watch out! Only problem is sometimes he's just not firing and he disappears. Pistons are undefeated when Sheed goes for 20.

Pistons in 6.

This was my whole point, but its obvious some Spur fans see through rose colored glasses.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
truth is:: rasheed > duncan.. he´s more of a team player. not that great post player like tim, but he better allaround and he´s not selfish

post #9 of this thread

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Instead of hearing about Rasheed's game, I'm hearing about his attitude, and his belt. Is that all you got? You don't have to scream and yell to be an asshole, I think you just proved that.

how am I an asshole?....I PROPPED Sheed in this very thread. Not once did I say anything about his attitude or his belt. Now you are lying to back yourself up...sounds like you are the asshole.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Here is me being an asshole...

Rasheed is a stud. No question about that. The dude has range, a good post game and is a good defender and I have been a big fan of his since UNC

Xolotl
06-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Damn samikeyp your are an asshole :lol

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Sheed has been absent in the Piston's losses so far in the playoffs. Duncan is almost never absent from a game, and if he is, the next game he plays like a man possessed.

I don't get the hate for the belt, I think it's pretty original & funny.

GopherSA
06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Rant mode: ON

Of all the things I cannot stand in the NBA, its' the following that annoy me most:

Trash talking thugs

Guys with more tattoos than skills

Guys who wear hip waders for socks (it's not duck season, guys!)

Puny, slime haired guards who bundle in their blankie when they're not in the game.

Rant mode: OFF

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Puny, slime haired guards who bundle in their blankie when they're not in the game.

:lmao

Ok...glad I am not the only one who thought that when Nash did that!

fekz
06-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Rant mode: ON

Of all the things I cannot stand in the NBA, its' the following that annoy me most:

Trash talking thugs

Guys with more tattoos than skills

Guys who wear hip waders for socks (it's not duck season, guys!)

Rant mode: OFF

Thats cool, I dont see any of that on the pistons side.

jochhejaam
06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Ever see Duncan have a bad game? It doesn't happen much but when he does, he always follows it up with a 30 point, 15 rebound, 5 block smackdown. Just because Tim doesn't make faces and get technical fouls, don't underestimate the fire and passion of a 2 time MVP. Rasheed is a fierce competitor no doubt. But his emotions can hurt his team. That won't happen to Duncan.

3 consecutive games 1/15, 1/17 and 1/19 against Houston, Washington and the Clippers.

18 points, 11 points, 12 points with a combined 15 for 45 from the field...

13.6 ppg and 33% fgp no 30/15/5 anywhere to be found :rolleyes

As a matter of fact, Duncan did not have so much as 1 30/15/5 game the entire season!!!

Let's attempt to put some truth in our threads please!

LilMissSPURfect
06-07-2005, 08:05 PM

sheed > duncan ...wtf? another crackhead?

MiNuS
06-07-2005, 08:07 PM
only thing that comes to my mind when I see Rasheed is: San Quentin.
San Quuentin here I come.