PDA

View Full Version : The difference between the Lakers and Spurs losing today

21_Blessings
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Team NB:lol earned themselves a cute little Pyrrhic victory vs the sleeping giant as Phil took the day off. Whereas the Spurs threw everything they had at Memphis to no avail and were straight bullied and then spanked when it mattered.

Memphis knew what they were doing. They can smell the blood and/or pussy in the Powerade.

Ghazi
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
:lol

ffadicted
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Difference is we were missing a key player, you weren't

derp

Reck
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM
You're carrying a faulty arguement douchebag.

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM

derp

McDyess? he played

NewJerSpur
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Team NB:lol earned themselves a cute little Pyrrhic victory vs the sleeping giant as Phil took the day off. Whereas the Spurs threw everything they had at Memphis to no avail and were straight bullied and then spanked when it mattered.

Memphis knew what they were doing. They can smell the blood and/or pussy in the Powerade.

Tim wasn't involved as much in the offense in the 4th and Manu didn't play....not sure that would constitute as "throwing EVERYTHING they had at Memphis".

rayjayjohnson
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM

derp

what's this derp shit?

Are you one of those reddit fags?

rayjayjohnson
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Tim wasn't involved as much in the offense in the 4th and Manu didn't play....not sure that would constitute as "throwing EVERYTHING they had at Memphis".

Tim was busy having a cup of tea and a good lie down.

Booharv
04-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Why would there be blood or pussy in the powerade?

Reck
Manu out and Parker didn't want to play.

That should tell you something.

NewJerSpur
Tim was busy having a cup of tea and a good lie down.

I guess, he wasn't involved in the offense so he had time.

Frenzy
Kobe trying so hard...and he was so clutch.

rayjayjohnson
04-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I guess, he wasn't involved in the offense so he had time.

Osteoporosis meds take ten or so minutes to start working...

NewJerSpur
04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Osteoporosis meds take ten or so minutes to start working...

[Minus J.R. Smith] I'd like to root for Denver, but you're making it hard. And even though I know you're fooling, Tim was probably thre most active person on the court (outside of the offense).

Ashy Larry
04-17-2011, 06:03 PM

derp

hell, we were too ...... Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom ....... :sleep

ElNono
04-17-2011, 06:03 PM
N:lolA=F:lolcked

This changes everything! :lmao

NewJerSpur
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM
N:lolA=F:lolcked

This changes everything! :lmao

The game at Staples made Stern especially cringe....the last thing he wants to see is the Lakers go out any earlier than the WCF, especially while have to witness the Hornets of all teams advancing in the playoffs from a market standpoint.

bbarry
04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Lakers = 1000% healthy

Spurs = not 100% healthy.

LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!! LOLLAKERS!!!

pgardn
04-17-2011, 06:28 PM

For sure.

No way Memphis could have beaten LA today.

I thought CP3 had Fisher's jock but apparently you have it over your eyes. I bet it has a crackly burned odor. God what a mismatch. You got Fisher for two more years, excellent resign.

Pelicans78
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Not even can Fisher slow down CP3, he's going to get torched by Jarrett Jack as well.

Juggity
04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Here are some more differences:

The point differential of the Lakers loss was three times higher than the point differential of the Spurs loss.

The Lakers have all of their key players, the Spurs are missing their leading scorer.

The Lakers lost to a worse team than the Spurs did.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 06:33 PM

The point differential of the Lakers loss was three times higher than the point differential of the Spurs loss.

The Lakers have all of their key players, the Spurs are missing their leading scorer.

Juggs, qualifying losses.

You puss, you.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 06:34 PM
The difference is the Spurs actually had a chance of winning at one point.

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-17-2011, 06:36 PM

This is true. & don't pull that "Rudy Gay was out of the game too" crap because the Lakeshow were fighting hard for that win at 100%, with David West out of the game. Lakers fans, stand silent in solidarity for fear you might make yourself look stupider than you currently are.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 06:37 PM
This is true. & don't pull that "Rudy Gay was out of the game too crap" because the Lakeshow were fighting hard for that win at 100%, with David West out of the game. Lakers fans, stand silent in solidarity for risk you make yourself look stupider than you currently are.

I don't qualify losses.

It's my religion.

4>0rings
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
I don't qualify losses.

It's my religion.
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=bird.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

rayjayjohnson
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
[Minus J.R. Smith] I'd like to root for Denver, but you're making it hard. And even though I know you're fooling, Tim was probably thre most active person on the court (outside of the offense).

That in itself is a problem, jokes aside, Tim isn't in a position to carry steam through four series, they need someone to take over.

What's wrong with jr? He won me over this season when melo went.

That, and he banged beyonce's sister.

NewJerSpur
04-17-2011, 06:43 PM
That in itself is a problem, jokes aside, Tim isn't in a position to carry steam through four series, they need someone to take over.

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally, just had to defend him.

As for Smith, I'm not sure if he'll ever win me over due to his past actions alone....particularly off the court.

lefty
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
The difference?

The Lakers had all their players

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I have a lot of love for the Nuggs and what they've done this season.

ChuckD
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM

They sistahs

They don't look alike

They have different fathers

Who her father? Godzilla?

-Mo Money

xellos88330
04-17-2011, 07:02 PM
The biggest difference that I see is that one of the two losers tonight are the defending back to back champs. The Spurs aren't supposed to win in your book remember? The Lakers are supposed to three peat. I would have to say that someone is more disappointed than myself.

ezau
04-17-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm not gonna make excuses for that pathetic game by the Spurs. The Hornets have playoff experience and Chris Paul is easily the best PG in the league if wanted to. The Spurs? Well they just lost against the most inexperienced team in this year's playoffs.

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm not gonna make excuses for that pathetic game by the Spurs. The Hornets have playoff experience and Chris Paul is easily the best PG in the league if wanted to. The Spurs? Well they just lost against the most inexperienced team in this year's playoffs.

It's all good man. the '99, '03, '05, & '07 teams all lost the first game of the first round, which then of course, they went on to win it all. Once Pop addresses the problems faced in game 1, the Spurs are going to slaughter the Grizzlies, that how the Spurs do it, & that's how they've always done it.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not gonna make excuses for that pathetic game by the Spurs.

It took six hours. You're the first.

Brazil
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
It's all good man. the '99, '03, '05, & '07 teams all lost the first game of the first round, which then of course, they went on to win it all. Once Pop addresses the problems faced in game 1, the Spurs are going to slaughter the Grizzlies, that how the Spurs do it, & that's how they've always done it.

you're delusional if you think 11 spurs have something related at all with 05 or 07. our D sucks

Brazil
04-17-2011, 09:04 PM

lol cul check upstairs spurs have 0 excuses, 0. Playing like they did with or without manu and its an early exit waiting for us

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 09:06 PM
lol cul check upstairs spurs have 0 excuses, 0. Playing like they did with or without manu and its an early exit waiting for us

I ain't goin' up there no more.

Herself made sure to let me know I ain't welcome.

Pepe'sTowing
04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I ain't goin' up there no more.

Herself made sure to let me know I ain't welcome.

I would not welcome you in my tow truck as well. I hear you support not paying your debts, so if I give you a tow, you probably not pay me.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I would not welcome you in my tow truck as well. I hear you support not paying your debts, so if I give you a tow, you probably not pay me.

That f'er ain't gettin' a dimePERIOD

Pepe'sTowing
04-17-2011, 09:19 PM
That f'er ain't gettin' a dimePERIOD

I know the Koolaid_man. Pinche majate. Had me tow him to San Diego. When we get there, he jump out of the truck and run off. I find out later that the car was not his, and he just conned me to giving him a ride.

On the drive there, he tole me he would suck my dick, chupa mi verga, for 10 dollars. I am not into that godless thing and tole him no.

Proxy
04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
what's this derp shit?

Are you one of those reddit fags?

Is reddit to intellectual for you? Must be since you're an idiot with Denver as your team.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Is reddit to intellectual for you? Must be since you're an idiot with Denver as your team.

Not to be a dick, but this post is quite ironic.

Kamala
04-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Spurs had their heart and soul and emotional leader on the bench and lost by a bucket and were in a position to win.

Lakers had everyone suited up and got whooped by CP3 and a bag of rocks. Kobe was trying like a mofo. Hornets controlled the entire game. If it helps you rationalize then I guess go on with that delusional thinking.:toast

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Spurs had their heart and soul and emotional leader on the bench and lost by a bucket.

That's why they have a scoreboard and they keep it plugged in.

DPG21920
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
The difference is that when Laker fans wake up, they will still be Laker fans. That sucks :lol

LnGrrrR
04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Did 21_Dickings get the password to 21_Blessings' account?

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 10:12 PM
The difference is that when Laker fans wake up, they will still be Laker fans. That sucks :lol

If you don't like 16-4.

tee, hee.

8FOR!3
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
LOL, only a Lakers fan can make this out of getting their asses whooped at 100% when the Spurs were in the game til the last second and didn't have their best player.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
LOL, only a Lakers fan can make this out of getting their asses whooped at 100% when the Spurs were in the game til the last second and didn't have their best player.

But, like us, you lost.

xellos88330
04-17-2011, 11:31 PM
But, like us, you lost.

Yup.

turiaf for president
04-17-2011, 11:51 PM
the difference is no laker fan is worried about this series yet there were quite a few spur fans questioning if the spurs can take the series.

BRHornet45
04-17-2011, 11:53 PM
well son you bitch you... team NBA was missing their team leader and still beat the piss out of your faggot ass team!!!! lolzzzz

ezau
04-17-2011, 11:53 PM

We lost against the Mavs in game one last year, right? Now tell me where it brought us.

ezau
04-17-2011, 11:55 PM

Even if we miraculously turn this series around in our favor, we're going to get skunked by the Thunder. :depressed

crc21209
04-17-2011, 11:56 PM
well son you bitch you... team NBA was missing their team leader and still beat the piss out of your faggot ass team!!!! lolzzzz

MadDog73
04-17-2011, 11:59 PM

I know exactly where you are coming from...

the Lakers losing was the only highlight of this crap-ass day.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Even if we miraculously turn this series around in our favor, we're going to get skunked by the Thunder. :depressed

That's "us" thinking. Coaches & players thankfully don't think along those lines. If they did nothing would get accomplished. That's why they win rings for all of us.

SourCandy
04-18-2011, 02:24 AM
ugh lakeshow had a piss poor performance. Eh one game.

SourCandy
04-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Yeah it's not like they're in any serious danger in this series. makes you wonder about the next and the next though..

still,

I wanted a sweep :pctoss

ColinB
04-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Both teams lost. No difference, really.

Kyle Orton
04-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Roger Freemason Jr. is maybe the biggest homer dumbass on this entire site. lol "But teh Spurz lost their first playoff game those seasons too!" Let me get this straight jackass, is losing the first playoff game a key to their success or something?

dunkman
04-18-2011, 06:49 AM
there is none . . .

Biggems
04-18-2011, 07:43 AM
The difference is, the Spurs choked away the game in the final minute, while the Lakers got beat.

Biggems
04-18-2011, 07:44 AM
btw, neither team will lose the series....Spurs in 5, Lakers in 5

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2011, 07:45 AM
They were both comical performances.

picc84
04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
LA losing was embarrassing, but only because this is a team they should and will be wiping the floor with.

The Celtics winning bothered me more than LA losing, tbh.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
The difference is, the Spurs choked away the game in the final minute, while the Lakers got beat.

You got beat just like us.

Duncan may not have been a tired old shit bag in the first half, but, he was a tired old shit bag in the second half.

cheguevara
04-18-2011, 09:31 AM
the difference is Spurs were missing their best player vs. a matchup nighmare for them.

Lakers just suck and lost to the weakest team in the west by far

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 09:32 AM
the difference is Spurs were missing their best player vs. a matchup nighmare for them.

Lakers just suck and lost to the weakest team in the west by far

You got beat just like us.

Stings, don't it?

TampaDude
04-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Hell yeah! We're gonna win it all, bishes! :lobt2:

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Hell yeah! We're gonna win it all, bishes! :lobt2:

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

The '99 team didn't drop their 1st game but that's beside the point...Those 4 teams played elite defense. The Spurs as currently constructed (and coached) are incapable of playing sufficient defense.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
lol sayign the Spurs threw everything they had at em while Manu sat behind the bench in street clothes.

Lakerfan insecurity at an all-time high after that nearly double digit loss, huh?

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
lol sayign the Spurs threw everything they had at em while Manu sat behind the bench in street clothes.

& it was pussy. Kobe'd a played, and you know it, Z.

Booharv
04-18-2011, 11:56 AM
& it was pussy. Kobe'd a played, and you know it, Z.

Was it in the powerade? Whatever the fuck that means.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Was it in the powerade? Whatever the fuck that means.

I'll stand down if Manu sits Wednesday. But, if that South American faggot plays I'm gonna crawl up in his shit and play dead for a like a week. Maybe 2.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 12:09 PM
The '99 team didn't drop their 1st game but that's beside the point...Those 4 teams played elite defense. The Spurs as currently constructed (and coached) are incapable of playing sufficient defense.

Well, many of us thought that they'd keep up their fast break, ball-sharing offense which would at least make them competetive for as long as they lasted. You can always count on Pop to decide to make adjustments to things that work once the playoffs arrive.

The difference between the Lakers and Spurs losing is honestly that we're all pretty confident that the Lakers are capable of snapping out of their funk, but we're similarly sure that Popovich isn't going to allow the reality of what's happening to his team sway him from his desire to be Donmike D'Antonelson.

Axe Murderer
04-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Well, many of us thought that they'd keep up their fast break, ball-sharing offense which would at least make them competetive for as long as they lasted. You can always count on Pop to decide to make adjustments to things that work once the playoffs arrive.

The difference between the Lakers and Spurs losing is honestly that we're all pretty confident that the Lakers are capable of snapping out of their funk, but we're similarly sure that Popovich isn't going to allow the reality of what's happening to his team sway him from his desire to be Donmike D'Antonelson.

The Lakers weren't missing their 2nd best player either.

Spurfan shouldn't worry just yet. I think they'll be fine against Memphis, but after round 1 they could lose to anybody

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 12:36 PM
The Lakers weren't missing their 2nd best player either.

Spurfan shouldn't worry just yet. I think they'll be fine against Memphis, but after round 1 they could lose to anybody

You weak shit, you.

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Lakerfan insecurity at an all-time high after that nearly double digit loss, huh?

The only insecurity around here is Spurfan getting their panties in a wad over Memphis slighting their pussy team. Turns out of the premise of tanking a couple games to face the inferior franchise was absolutely the smart thing to do.

What's funny is the 2007 Mavericks were a better basketball team than the 2011 Spurs. Memphis should be considered the favorite at this point.

The Lakers dropping a game or two against scrub teams in the playoffs is nothing new if you've been paying attention the past 3 years.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Just admit you totally fucking forgot the Spurs best all-around player this season was in street clothes for a non-serious injury that he'll clearly be 100% over in Game 2.

Lakerfan insecurity these days.

clambake
04-18-2011, 02:53 PM
mavs minus important player = chokers

spurs minus important player = ?

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Spurfan using the "Manu wasn't healthy!" excuse the last three playoff exits regardless if he was wearing a suit or not.

It's a parody at this point.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Just admit you totally fucking forgot the Spurs best all-around player this season was in street clothes for a non-serious injury that he'll clearly be 100% over in Game 2.

Kobe would have played. Manu is pussy.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
the Spurs threw everything they had at Memphis

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Not only would Kobe have played, he's currently playing through multiple injuries that are worse than Manu's sore vagina.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 03:07 PM
lakerfan just hyping the injuries he's supposed to hype.

John Basedow
04-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Grizzlies did the following in Game 1:

-They were outrebounded (11-5 on the offensive glass to boot).
-They shot 63% from the FT line and choked there down the stretch
-They were whistled for 33 fouls, many of them being stupid, end-of-the-shot-clock-fouls
-They attempted 14 less free throws.
-They committed 16 turnovers, which led to 21 Spurs' points. By contrast the Spurs had only 10 turnovers which led to 10 Grizz points.

I'd say the Grizzlies have PLENTY of room for improvement.

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Grizzlies did the following in Game 1:

-They were outrebounded (11-5 on the offensive glass to boot).
-They shot 63% from the FT line and choked there down the stretch
-They were whistled for 33 fouls, many of them being stupid, end-of-the-shot-clock-fouls
-They attempted 14 less free throws.
-They committed 16 turnovers, which led to 21 Spurs' points. By contrast the Spurs had only 10 turnovers which led to 10 Grizz points.

I'd say the Grizzlies have PLENTY of room for improvement.

Absent Rudy Gay.

:lmao

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
who actually tried besides Kobe? that was just a pathetic effort

John Basedow
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Ron looked good too but the rest of the team took a day off...It was the end of the weekend, they were probably hungover tbh.

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 03:21 PM

Pau turned into a gimp after he was bloodied. Bynum was contesting shots all over the place and was rewarded with the pine to end the game.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 03:32 PM
lakerfan just hyping the injuries he's supposed to hype.

& Manu just sittin' on his leather ass.