PDA

View Full Version : Monty Williams>>>>>>>>Greggory Popovich.

midnightpulp
04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Kudos to him for seeing the obvious while the dumbshit wine connoisseur seems to be having the hardest time with even the simplest personnel decisions.

Aaron Gray is a nobody and sucked ass the last few games of the season. Did this deter Monty Williams from playing him? No. The Lakers are a matchup nightmare for the Hornets' undersized frontline, and Williams was intelligent enough to understand he needed size up front, regardless of how unskillful or unheralded that size might be, to have any chance in hell of beating the Lakers.

In the playoffs, the old cliche of size does matter rings even more true. Even if a 7 footer is an offensive liability, even if he's not the best rebounder, he still has an impact by his mere presence in the paint and the fact that he can at least match up inch-for-inch on the defense end with the opposing team's low post player.

Meanwhile in Alamo City, Popovich still thinks a stretch 4 and small ball is going to work, despite the fact that the Grizzlies have a big, long, and versatile frontline. I don't care if Splitter averages 4 points a game against the Grizzlies. He's 6-11/7 foot, young, long, decently athletic, it's the playoffs and size matters, and the right move is to sit that red head fucker and play the man from Brazil.

4>0rings
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
It really doesn't take much of a coach to be better than Pop, tbh.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-17-2011, 07:31 PM
^ true, at least not these days. poor pop alcoholism is a bitch

on a serious not this is actually a good thread you can tell by the amount of replies. most people just like to talk shit about what a shitty thread it is.

anyway your right, it just shows you that pop lost his touch i declare championship pop "dead". unless there is some sort of epiphany or divine intervention we are going to lose with pops brain dead rotations.

i dont think were losing this series, however the next two are a lock for our departure and every spurs fan knows it. it sucks because all it takes is a line up change and pop re-discovering himself defensively. too much coaching can be a bad thing. or too much drinking

Zelophehad
04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/2jg8hfd.jpg

rayjayjohnson
04-17-2011, 08:02 PM
lol splitter or bonner.

It's like wondering if you need to take a dump or a piss.

midnightpulp
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
lol splitter or bonner.

It's like wondering if you need to take a dump or a piss.

Or choosing whether to vacation to Iraq or Australia.

Fucked either way.

rayjayjohnson
04-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Or choosing whether to vacation to Iraq or Australia.

Fucked either way.

Fine with me if you dirty fucking texans don't come here.

Brazil
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
and this is not even close