PDA

View Full Version : Hornets 109, Lakers 100

SpursDynasty
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
As I stated in my Western Conference 1st round playoff predictions, the Hornets are the favorites in this series and today they showed why. They just went out there against the Lakers, did what they had to do, and beat a team they were supposed to beat. Chris Paul with 33 points (on 11-of-18 shooting), 14 assists, and 7 rebounds shows why he's a superior player to Kobe's 34 points based on ballhogging. Hardly any assists or rebounds or anything else meaningful other than hogging the ball for Kobe today.

Gasol shoots only 2-for-9. Pretty much what we can expect from a mediocre player like Gasol. Artest shot 4-for-8, sounds about right for a 2nd string player. Bynum was 4-for-7. Again, goes to show that this team is Kobe plus a bunch of 2nd string players. Nothing meaningful from any of the Lakers today outside of the ballhogger.

No trash talking here, the Hornets just went out and did what they were supposed to do. Poor defense by the Lakers but that's to be expected. I think the Lakers thought that they could come out, get the games handed to them, get BS fouls called, and get a bunch of BS free throws. The Lakers and Hornets both shot 33 free throws, so that goes to show that when the Lakers don't get free points given to them, they lose games.

Nothing personal here against the Lakers. No trash talking. The Hornets just beat a team they were supposed to beat. The Hornets will need to start looking ahead to the 2nd round, to Portland or Dallas, as this first round match up should not present any real problems.

BlackSwordsMan
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM
whoever took over this account ruined it

Pelicans78
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Jinx thread :bang