PDA

View Full Version : at least the lakers lost too...

tim210g
04-17-2011, 08:20 PM
nothing like a laker loss to make you feel better!!! :downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin: :downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin: :downspin::downspin::lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Strike
04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
So? The Spurs lost. I couldn't care less if the Lakers lost unless they're playing the Spurs in the playoffs.

Nothing about today feels good. Nothing.

tim210g
04-17-2011, 08:25 PM
So? The Spurs lost. I couldn't care less if the Lakers lost unless they're playing the Spurs in the playoffs.

Nothing about today feels good. Nothing.

yea of course today sucked and its depressing im just saying that the lakers losing makes me feel better...

Strike
04-17-2011, 08:27 PM
One shouldn't balance out the other. That's what I'm saying.

The Truth #6
04-17-2011, 08:28 PM
The old guard is cracking across the NBA. This will be an interesting playoffs.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 08:33 PM
While I might enjoy a playoffs where the Lakers and Celtics are eliminated, Popovich wasting yet another great Spurs team and one of the last productive healthy seasons of Duncan's career with his fucked up smallball decisions will never stop causing me heart-disease-inducing levels of stress.

Strike
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM
While I might enjoy a playoffs where the Lakers and Celtics are eliminated, Popovich wasting yet another great Spurs team and one of the last productive healthy seasons of Duncan's career with his fucked up smallball decisions will never stop causing me heart-disease-inducing levels of stress.

This. LA losing a game/series/championship is no solace if the Spurs lose a game/series/championship.

Budkin
04-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Today sucked.

spurtech09
04-17-2011, 09:11 PM
spurs will bounce back and the lakers will bounce back

silverblk mystix
04-17-2011, 09:46 PM
The best part of today for Pop- was Bonners 2 big 3 pointers....

Earned Bonner even more minutes for next game and the rest of the series...

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 09:52 PM
NOH played a perfect game: only 3 turnovers, ridiculous shooting, Chris Paul going off, Aaron Gray having a career game, Pau sucked, etc...If the Lakers are at all serious they'll win the next 4, but something tells me they'll let this shit drag on...

Spurs will probably win this series, but they have severe mismatch problems in the frontcourt. No, Gasol is probably not going to play that well again, but Memphis has elite perimeter defenders and a strong frontcourt--they're going to be a bitch to knockout.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
I blame chicken pox for the Lakers loss.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I blame the Sunday whites...hate those fucking jersies.

In all seriousness NOH played well and deserved the win. Outside of Kobe and Ron, the Lakers looked like dogshit.

mytespurs
04-17-2011, 10:01 PM
nothing like a laker loss to make you feel better!!! :downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin: :downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin::downspin: :downspin::downspin::lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

that doesn't make me feel better 'cause spurs lost too! lakers will probably bounce back nxt game-can u say the same about the Spurs? I certainly can't......it's looking 50/50 at this point.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
This series is going to be taxing as hell for Timmy D...he's all by himself in the frontcourt against a carousel of effective Memphis bigs. Splitter needs to play, but you all already know that. Pop has a plan, though.

DPG21920
04-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Not if they can win and he only plays 36 MPG.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Not if they can win and he only plays 36 MPG.

He either wore down in the 2nd half, or they just stopped looking for him.............or Hollins made great adjustments while Pop did nothing.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Pop went away from him and never went back. Fortunately he also went to Parker running the offense. Then in the fourth he went away from both of those.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:14 PM
BTW, Artest is rounding into playoff form. He and Odom look like they've both got their playoff lunchpails ready to go. Remember when they were the weak links?

DPG21920
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
He either wore down in the 2nd half, or they just stopped looking for him.............or Hollins made great adjustments while Pop did nothing.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately Pop makes adjustments when things are going well for the Spurs.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:19 PM
BTW, Artest is rounding into playoff form. He and Odom look like they've both got their playoff lunchpails ready to go. Remember when they were the weak links?

I remember telling Capt Bringdown that Artest would show up in the postseason. It's only one game, but it's a markedly better performance than anything I've seen of recent memory from him. He'll be fine. Gasol and Odom were invisible today. Couple that with a flawless NOH performance and you get today's result.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately Pop makes adjustments when things are going well for the Spurs.

He has a plan.

da_suns_fan
04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
And at least the Spurs can take solace in their best player being out.

Whats the Lakers' excuse?

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Whats the Lakers' excuse?

Nothing, shit happens.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I remember telling Capt Bringdown that Artest would show up in the postseason. It's only one game, but it's a markedly better performance than anything I've seen of recent memory from him. He'll be fine. Gasol and Odom were invisible today. Couple that with a flawless NOH performance and you get today's result.

Artest just picked up where he left off as far as the playoffs go. He was the best player on the court in game 7 against the Celtics.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:26 PM
He has a plan.

Someone should tell him that if he's working for that 24th draft pick, he's starting too late.

John Basedow
Artest just picked up where he left off as far as the playoffs go. He was the best player on the court in game 7 against the Celtics.

He was the Finals MVP imo...he at least warranted consideration.

DPG21920
I hate that I have to wait until Wednesday for the next game.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:30 PM

scro I would buy you a beer if I was in town, tbh. One of those days where you just have to laugh at your own team (in this case, both teams).

DPG21920
I'm inconsolable.

cool cat
I won't lie, it does make it ease the pain a little.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:34 PM

I'm glad the Spurs have to stew until then, but somehow I have a feeling Pop's going to sleep like a baby tonight knowing he did all he could to give his team a chance to win that they wouldn't have had without his genius.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm inconsolable.

The Celtics' win ruined my night more than the Lakers' loss for some reason.

Rough day, scotch helps

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:39 PM
scro I would buy you a beer if I was in town, tbh. One of those days where you just have to laugh at your own team (in this case, both teams).

I think I've said this before, but I have way more belief that LA will start playing better than that Popovich is suddenly going to get his brain back. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Congratulations to Ray Allen for hitting like the first actual cluch shot of his career. Now KG needs to get one.

John Basedow
04-17-2011, 10:54 PM
I think I've said this before, but I have way more belief that LA will start playing better than that Popovich is suddenly going to get his brain back. :lol

I've said this before but something's just not right about this team. The '86 and '03 teams gave me the same feeling. They're just perpetually listless and seem incapable of playing any sustained defense.

The Spurs will get by for a series or two, but yeah...Pop basically fucked his team over when he decided Splitter wasn't going to be an integral part of the rotation.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2011, 10:58 PM
The Lakers might be the laziest great team of all time. They never give a shit until they absolutely have too. They lost game 1 so yeah i guess we have to play hard now..

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 10:59 PM
It's definitely time for a run like the one they went on after the all-star break. Health and depth wise, the west is way better than the last two years (if memory serves). They got the preferred path to the finals in the west, but it's far from easy. They play like they did against Houston a couple of years ago or OKC last year and they'll be watching the finals from their couch.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 11:00 PM
The Lakers might be the laziest great team of all time. They never give a shit until they absolutely have too. They lost game 1 so yeah i guess we have to play hard now..

The Rockets in '96 were the laziest great team I ever saw. I remember Rudy T catching heat from the league for resting all his players.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
spurs will bounce back and the lakers will bounce back

daslicer
04-17-2011, 11:36 PM
The last time the spurs and lakers lost game 1 in the first round was back in '07. I think we might have a good omen hear lol.

Sean Cagney
04-17-2011, 11:40 PM
The Celtics' win ruined my night more than the Lakers' loss for some reason.

Rough day, scotch helps

I am on that now, hangover today during this game and others, now it's time to drink both away, the losses and the hangover damnit :depressed:depressed:lol

Sean Cagney
04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
I've said this before but something's just not right about this team. The '86 and '03 teams gave me the same feeling. They're just perpetually listless and seem incapable of playing any sustained defense.

The Spurs will get by for a series or two, but yeah...Pop basically fucked his team over when he decided Splitter wasn't going to be an integral part of the rotation.

Bro you are on FIRE tonight, nothing but truth here. :wow

TE
04-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Pop just applying his newfound paralogic of using a shitty frontline for extended periods of time against a really huge Memphis, nothing new to see here.

TE
04-17-2011, 11:46 PM

A Laker fan with Spurs analysis?

You fooled me JB, whose troll is this?

jmanu20
04-17-2011, 11:48 PM
What's really frustrating (and the Laker loss makes me feel a LITTLE better about the Spurs loss, FWIW) is that even one of Pop's coaching disciples understands that you have to throw size at size, regardless of the experience level or "getting over" himself. I doubt many NBA playoff viewers today had even heard of Aaron Gray, and he ended up playing a key role in the Hornet's win!

Sean Cagney
04-17-2011, 11:49 PM
A Laker fan with Spurs analysis?

You fooled me JB, whose troll is this?

Yeah he is the truth tonight man~! He is saying nothing but the real! Not trolling but a fan of bball! I don't get it? Is he sane now or just was playing before? I feel all he is saying today.

DJ Mbenga
04-17-2011, 11:55 PM
props to that uncle tom shane battier. both teams should be fine. spurs have to bench either bonner or blair. they desperately need splitter. for the lakers, they need to try on defense. cant let scrubs like gray, green, jack all go nuts.

spurtech09
04-18-2011, 12:40 AM
agree:bang

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 11:54 AM
props to that uncle tom shane battier.

:lol:lol

Wait, isn't he only half uncle tom?

TampaDude
04-18-2011, 12:00 PM
The last time the spurs and lakers lost game 1 in the first round was back in '07. I think we might have a good omen hear lol.

The last three times the Spurs won the :lobt2: they lost the first game of the first round, so I'm not worried. We'll be fine.

BTW, it's always a good day when the Lakers lose, no matter what. :lol

Budkin
04-18-2011, 12:49 PM

When has Artest not played well in the Playoffs? Indiana, Sacramento, Houston, LA. He always played his ass off and caused major headaches for the other team.

duncan228
04-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Lakers, Spurs losses shouldn’t have fans nervous. Yet. (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/18/lakers-spurs-losses-shouldn%e2%80%99t-have-fans-nervous-yet/)
Kurt Helin

...As for the Spurs, you see just how much Manu Ginobili means to them. The Spurs shot 21 percent (7-of-33) on midrange sots in this game (compared to 42 percent for the Grizzlies). The Spurs missed some shots they make, while the Grizzlies could not miss — Marc Gasol was 9-of-10 and Zach Randolph could not miss from the midrange.

The Spurs have lost the first game in five of their last seven first-round playoff series, this is not going to rattle them. They’ve been here.

Look for the Spurs also to hit their shots next game while the Grizzles percentage drops.

One loss does not make a changing of the guard. The Spurs and the Lakers remain the teams to beat in the West.

Now two losses in a row to start a series….

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/18/lakers-spurs-losses-shouldn%e2%80%99t-have-fans-nervous-yet/

picc84
04-18-2011, 02:32 PM
We're not nervous at all. Its you guys hitting the panic buttons.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
We're not nervous at all. Its you guys hitting the panic buttons.

Point those fingers and deflect as much as possible.

ohmwrecker
04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
It's a small comfort, tbh.

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Point those fingers and deflect as much as possible.

Look what thread you're posting in.

Whether the Spurs win or lose is no concern to the Lakers or their fandom.

Everybody on this earth knows the Bees are fucked while Memphis wanted to play Spurs (while avoiding the champs) because they knew could punk them. And they were right.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Whether the Spurs win or lose is no concern to the Lakers or their fandom.

Why, then, did you start this thread? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177265)

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Why, then, did you start this thread? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177265)

Was just pointing out the obvious.

The Spurs losing had zero affect on Laker fan's disposition. Contrast to Spur fan (see the OP) getting a hardon and claiming moral victory after realizing the Lakers lost too.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Was just pointing out the obvious.

What you did was show very apparent concern for the Spurs losing or winning, contrary to your thoughts three posts ago.

lol liar
lol forgot Manu didn't play in g1

TDomination
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I felt a lil better.

I was still feeling pissed but it definitely eased the pain seeing them lose.

But I'm sure both series will end in 5 or 6 with spurs and lakers winning.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 04:46 PM
If both teams get eliminated in the first round, will either group of fans be happy, or see a wasted opportunity?

Dex
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
If both teams get eliminated in the first round, will either group of fans be happy, or see a wasted opportunity?

I know what my answer would be.

15 and counting
04-18-2011, 06:19 PM

I got to admit you are absolutly right about this. It is a fucking joke and is very disrespectful to their fans but most importantly to basketball fans in general. It is a struggle to watch this Laker squad. At least the Spurs come out and give it their all. Pop fucked it up alongside Manu not playing. I still think both will get by.