PDA

View Full Version : Lmao stern!!!

Darthkiller
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
rigging games as usual.

phentom call on melo
KG getting away with hip chekcing douglas which freed up Ray allen.
amare getting fouled all nigth no calls

Reck
04-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Cant explain the choke job of Melo though.

LnGrrrR
04-17-2011, 08:51 PM
rigging games as usual.

phentom call on melo
KG getting away with hip chekcing douglas which freed up Ray allen.
amare getting fouled all nigth no calls

Eh, I think it was more that the refs let them play. Stuff was missed on both sides. Celtics made 12 FGs in the paint, Knicks made 11.

Of course, I'm biased.

Obstructed_View
It's just not Amare's nigth, I guess.

rayjayjohnson
Game too close to be rigged imo

JoeTait75
04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Yes, I'm sure Herr Stern is looking to screw the team in his biggest market.

Darthkiller
04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Game too close to be rigged imo

offensive foul called on melo.
no call on garnet hip check.

difference between win and loss

Pelicans78
04-17-2011, 08:56 PM
That offensive foul on Melo was kinda bogus. Pierce had has arm all over him. Bad call. Didn't see the KG hip check.

LkrFan
04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Eh, I think it was more that the refs let them play. Stuff was missed on both sides. Celtics made 12 FGs in the paint, Knicks made 11.

Of course, I'm drunk and delusional.

FIFY. No thanks necessary. :toast

JoeTait75
04-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Does it ever occur to the conspiracy theorists that maybe it isn't a conspiracy? That maybe the NBA just has lousy officials?

That would seem to be the simpler explanation. Occams Razor and all that.

Spurminator
04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
It's true. A successful New York team is usually terrible for ratings.

JamStone
04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
The Melo offensive foul was pretty ridiculous.

That said, I completely agree with people questioning why Melo was getting the ball at the end of the game when Amare was beasting. Fucking stupid if you ask me.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Melo clearly fouled Paul Pierce before the Ray Allen three and it wasn't called. If the refs want Boston to win, they don't swallow their whistle on that.

Brazil
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
still the Melo Offensive was a huge joke

LnGrrrR
04-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Look, even I admit that offensive foul was weak. I dontthink that equates to "rigging the game" though.

Killakobe81
04-17-2011, 09:35 PM

Of course, I'm biased.

Fair game up until that offensive foul on Melo ...

But Artest got a similar call on pierce two seasons ago but that was regular season. that call may have cost NY a playoff game and maybe a series. Though i doubt they were gonna win it regardless (series)

ChrisRichards
04-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Melo and D'Antoni lost it for the Knicks. I still believe the Knicks wouldve been a better and balanced team had they kept Gallinari and Chandler.

Darthkiller
04-17-2011, 10:02 PM
lmao stern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7KRNLAe8W8&feature=player_embedded

LnGrrrR
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Fair game up until that offensive foul on Melo ...

But Artest got a similar call on pierce two seasons ago but that was regular season. that call may have cost NY a playoff game and maybe a series. Though i doubt they were gonna win it regardless (series)

The way I see it, unless a call is really bad (like, black-and-white wrong) or has huge ramifications (thinking that Suns suspension debacle), then one call shouldn't be the defining factor in a game.

Killakobe81
04-17-2011, 10:21 PM
The way I see it, unless a call is really bad (like, black-and-white wrong) or has huge ramifications (thinking that Suns suspension debacle), then one call shouldn't be the defining factor in a game.

Lngrr I agree on both counts and maybe Celts win anyway ...Suns we all know got hosed as did Mavs. Shit happens it would almost be better if it was rigged rather than seeing such incompetency ...

I just think we all agree NBA refs suck ass ... no consistency.

ginobili's bald spot
04-17-2011, 10:36 PM
ummmm why would Stern want the Knicks to lose? That is the biggest market team the NBA has. OP you are a fucking dumbass.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 10:40 PM
^Hey, asshole, how's it goin'?

ginobili's bald spot
04-17-2011, 10:42 PM
^Hey, asshole, how's it goin'?

I can tell you missed me cubby.

Giuseppe
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I can tell you missed me cubby.

Oh, yeah, yer a real piece of work.

ginobili's bald spot
04-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh, yeah, yer a real piece of work.

:lol Are you still mad that I insulted your boyfriend? You sure are protective of your lil asian boy toy.

Jacob1983
04-18-2011, 12:24 AM
We can all agree that the NBA refs are the worst refs in pro sports right?

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:16 AM
:lol Are you still mad that I insulted your boyfriend? You sure are protective of your lil asian boy toy.

You're a fuck.

boutons_deux
04-18-2011, 05:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBoGSh8fq1c&feature=player_embedded

???????????

but where's the net mentioned here:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html?nav=ArticleList

RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

Section I-A Player Shall Not:
a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.
f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.
h. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.
i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.

jimo2305
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

ginobili's bald spot
04-18-2011, 04:02 PM
You're a fuck.

tee, hee

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Someone pointed out a "blatant" trip on Garnett to free up Ray for the winning three. Turns out, there was a trip by KG, and it was pretty fucking blatant. Don't think there was any conspiracy against the Knicks (lol), but the officiating has been pretty fucking horrid here so far.