PDA

View Full Version : Timmy will step it up

007nites
04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
In game 2 I'm expecting:

24 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 5 blocks from Timmy.

He will take over.

dbreiden83080
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Tim's numbers 16/13 should have been good enough today. The days of 30 and 12 in playoff games are likely gone..

Libri
04-17-2011, 11:09 PM
In game 2 I'm expecting:

He will take over.

Yes but who's going to help Tim?

TDfan2007
04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
No, he won't. Fact is that this team doesn't trust the offense to him anymore. If they won't give him more than 5/6 touches in the 2nd half of a game where he was playing very well, then there's almost no hope. Idk, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the guys just forgot that it was the playoffs and that Tim is still our best player. He just doesn't get the ball enough to do that kind of damage anymore.

This team just needs to nut up in the 4th quarter and play much better defense. They're uncharacteristically giving away games in the 4th. Confounding to see a veteran, playoff-tested team struggle in the 4th like this.

Sean Cagney
04-17-2011, 11:27 PM
No, he won't. Fact is that this team doesn't trust the offense to him anymore. If they won't give him more than 5/6 touches in the 2nd half of a game where he was playing very well, then there's almost no hope. Idk, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the guys just forgot that it was the playoffs and that Tim is still our best player. He just doesn't get the ball enough to do that kind of damage anymore.

This team just needs to nut up in the 4th quarter and play much better defense. They're uncharacteristically giving away games in the 4th. Confounding to see a veteran, playoff-tested team struggle in the 4th like this.

I agree full, when we went up 4 and Grizz were missing FT's and the Spurs hitting shots and FT's and gettin steals I said this is the SPURS WE KNEW and the young team is faultering! Then the Spurs go and do this again, this is puzzling to say the least and depressing.

TE
04-17-2011, 11:41 PM
He had good activity today. The team went away from him during the second half which was purely retarded. Next game, he'll produce more and more. Tim knows the magnitude of game two.

crc21209
04-18-2011, 12:04 AM
TD looked fucking awesome in the 1st half. I think he had more dunks today than he had all season long. Problem is, the Spurs forgot about him in the 2nd half....

balldontlie
04-18-2011, 12:06 AM
yeah right he's old and broke down marc gasol is going to make him retire

hope yall enjoyed the glory days and the soft schedule, have fun joining us in being the only #1 seeds to be knocked out by a #8! :lmao:

crc21209
04-18-2011, 12:08 AM
yeah right he's old and broke down marc gasol is going to make him retire

hope yall enjoyed the glory days and the soft schedule, have fun joining us in being the only #1 seeds to be knocked out by a #8! :lmao:

:sleep

balldontlie
04-18-2011, 12:09 AM
:sleep

oh shit a sleeping smiley! i just got "pwned" didn't I?!!! :rollin

TDfan2007
04-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I'll put it this way. The only thing stopping Tim in this series is Pop/Tim's teammates (*cough* Tony and Gary *cough*). Tim needs to take at least 16 FGAs per game in the playoffs when the match up is favorable. Nobody on the grizzlies can guard him. Gasol is too slow and Randolph is too small.

Also, I'd like to see Tim on Randolph in the 4th quarter of games and take my chances with Bonner on Gasol (I've given up on Pop playing Splitter...)

spurtech09
04-18-2011, 12:34 AM
In game 2 I'm expecting:

He will take over.
well I think timmy d played better well:rolleyes.....something was missing...maybe splitter getting some playing time to play against the grizz bigs....maybe some manu:downspin:

realtimmyfan
04-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Tim did a great job offensively in the last game. We just need better defense.

Spursmania
04-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Tim needs fucking help. The guy was hustling his ass off on D, while the other knuckleheads just wet their pants.

hater
04-20-2011, 09:14 AM
what the hell? Duncan stepped it up fine in game 1. That should have been enough to win the game. 24 + 16?? what the fuck you smoking??

Pony Tarker fucked around all night and got abused by the Memphis guards. how about he start competing?

romain.star
04-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Above all, it's all about Gasol M and Randolph Z not scoring 60 pts and not grabbing 30 rbds...

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2011, 09:26 AM
timmay was on pace for a epic game 1, only to shutdown after gettin his season avg and callin it a night at half time

Fireball
04-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Timmy looked great in the first half ... I just cannot understand why nobody gave him the ball in the second half. After he missed like two in a row he was forgotton.

TD said in an interview that he wants to focus more on Gasol on defense (less lurking what Z-Bo does) ... so maybe Gasol will score less in Game 2, but then Randolph will go for 30/20. I really would give Tiago a try on Gasol whom he knows from the league in Spain, so Duncan could handle Randolph and get 10 blocks in a row ...

realtimmyfan
04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
TD said in an interview that he wants to focus more on Gasol on defense (less lurking what Z-Bo does) ... so maybe Gasol will score less in Game 2, but then Randolph will go for 30/20. I really would give Tiago a try on Gasol whom he knows from the league in Spain, so Duncan could handle Randolph and get 10 blocks in a row ...

Tiago severly lacks strength to effectively guard Gasol.
I agree that Timmy has to concentrate more on D.

Dice is still the key player to stop Randolph from abusing us.

Rummpd
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
He may well do so, now if Pop does not mess up the other 8-10 minutes with a brain dead lineup Spurs will roll.

Spurs are fine if any combination of Duncan or Dice or Splitter is paired with Blair or Bonner but absoulutly screwed if we see signficant Bonner/Blair ball against the Grizz - they are too big inside period for more of that BS.

Sadly, I expect 15+ of Bonner and Blair ball.

ploto
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Watching all these other games and what other star players have done for their teams just reminds me of how much Tim and Tony have to answer for the results of game 1.

DesignatedT
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Spurs need to feed Duncan the rock. He didn't get very many touches. They need to ride him and continue to ride him as long as he's producing. He might even be able to get one of those other bigs in foul trouble which would really help a ton.

Johnny RIngo
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
We need Pop to step up more than Timmy. Playing favorites in playoff games is not going to make this first round any easier on the players that actually are trying.