PDA

View Full Version : Nice site...

DetroitFolly
06-07-2005, 05:58 AM
As a Pistons fan, I have read many of the threads here, and feel that the discussion will be far superior to the crap I have seen elsewhere...

I'm looking forward to a great finals, and the matchups are absolutely delicious.

Sheed and Duncan? Chauncey and Parker? It goes on and on...let's have a great series, and great debate.

Go Pistons!

polandprzem
06-07-2005, 06:02 AM
This is the best spurs forum!
I can tell U that

SpursWoman
06-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

Rummpd
06-07-2005, 06:06 AM
DetroitFolly - I for one have great respect for your team and they will be very hard for Spurs to beat = will take "A" game.

DetroitFolly
06-07-2005, 06:07 AM
Thanks. If you want, check out www.motownsports.com

This was the original Detroit Tigers board, so baseball discussions tend to rule...but we have a small, dedicated Pistons group that is similar to this one. Good discussion, no swearing, actual understanding of the game, and we would welcome similar Spurs fans!

Slo spurs fan
06-07-2005, 06:11 AM
Welcome DetroitFolly. Hope this will be a plesant fight.

DetroitFolly
06-07-2005, 06:29 AM
It will be...

Taco
06-07-2005, 07:22 AM
As a Pistons fan...let's have a great series, and great debate.

Welcome to the Fourm!!!!

One word of Caution

Beware of our Killer "Mouse" :lol

xcoriate
06-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Welcome indeed.

Enjoy the series and stick around it good to have fans from other teams to provide perspective.

ObiwanGinobili
06-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Welcome DetroitFolly!

This is shaping up to be a great series, I'm very excited that the 2 best D teams are in the finals!

Spurs in 5

SLOVENIAN 8
06-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Welcome DetroitFolly! :spin

Steve Perry
06-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Thanks. If you want, check out www.motownsports.com

Good discussion,no swearing,,

Translation: Sequ Spur does not post there.

actual understanding of the game,

There went T parks chances of posting :lmao

Xolotl
06-07-2005, 07:58 AM
As a Pistons fan, I have read many of the threads here, and feel that the discussion will be far superior to the crap I have seen elsewhere...

I'm looking forward to a great finals, and the matchups are absolutely delicious.

Sheed and Duncan? Chauncey and Parker? It goes on and on...let's have a great series, and great debate.

Go Pistons!

Welcome to the boards Folly. I am looking forward to a very tough series. But on a different note, please let that be the last time you use delicious in a sentence. :p

coz
06-07-2005, 08:31 AM
the more I watch Detroit, the more they look like our mirror image. I'm expecting a dogfight. Welcome DF

LoveMySpurs
06-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Ought to be a good series- Billups gave a nice interview last night-no trash talk. This is the pairing that should have happened last year.

easjer
06-07-2005, 08:55 AM
It's going to be good! It's great to have good intelligent basketball fans who root for another team on here to provide prospective and aid in discussion. Otherwise, it seems we've got too many homers who questions your loyalty, devotion, fealty even to the Spurs when you say something negative or admit yoru sky isn't falling if they Spurs lose a game. But it's still fabulous for an exile like me to revel in the hometown feeling, so I'm not complaining! I love it here!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Man, you Pistons fans are showing up in force here. Where's Pat Buchanan and his immigrations policies when you need them?

Seriously, it's great having other teams fans visit as it really helps the depth of knowledge brought to these debates, so long as they aren't dopey Sonics fans. Or Nuggets fans.

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Ought to be a good series- Billups gave a nice interview last night-no trash talk. This is the pairing that should have happened last year.

Yes, this is what I wanted last year. The spurs had beaten the pistons in the season series, but those wins came before Rasheed joined the club.

Now we'll get to see who's better. I think Detroit's fatigue off game 7 will help even things out with some of the nagging injuries we have, should be a straight-up series if all goes well (injury-wise). Spurs need to jump on 'em early coming off the ECF and get them in a hole, then fight to keep them there.

arrogancy
06-07-2005, 09:02 AM
I agree with what was posted here - after the whiny Indiana fans and the bandwagon Heat fans, it;s good to talk basketball without all of the drama that surrounds it. That may change once the two teams start playing, but it's all good now :)

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Seriously, it's great having other teams fans visit as it really helps the depth of knowledge brought to these debates, so long as they aren't dopey Sonics fans. Or Nuggets fans.

No joke, it's nice having fans that:

1.) Aren't little 12 year old trolls,
2.) Can form coherent sentences and lucid thoughts,
3.) You can tell actually watch basketball games.

Pistons fans, you definately represent.

FromWayDowntown
06-07-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree with what was posted here - after the whiny Indiana fans and the bandwagon Heat fans, it;s good to talk basketball without all of the drama that surrounds it. That may change once the two teams start playing, but it's all good now :)

Oh, it will, mostly because there are some around here who can't take that step back to objectivity in discussing what happens on the floor. A little adversity for either side and the "polar gang" (which sees no middle ground -- one Spurs win and they'll be calling this a sure sweep; one Spurs loss and they'll be calling for Popovich's head and banging on Pistons fans for being Pistons fans) will come out in full force.

If you Pistons fans truly want to talk hoops, there are some around here who will indulge you on that level without the personal stuff. Please remember that and be patient with our group. It really is a bunch of interesting, nice, and intelligent folks who love their Spurs.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-07-2005, 09:55 AM
So far it's been very peaceful, maybe the calm before the storm. My experience is that when the teams start playing out come the insults, the fair weather fans, etc.

I will be pleasant until i am attacked. For then i will not bite my tongue err fingers..

DetroitFolly
06-07-2005, 10:05 AM
I will warn you now...the trolls will come. It's just a matter of time. Personally, I just wanted to get in here before them, so I then don't get lumped in with the "idiot fans of (insert team here)."

Every team has them. They start with something brilliant like "BWAHAHAHA" or something similar, and it gets less intelligent from there.

Trolls will come, Ray. They will most definitely come.

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 10:08 AM
They won't last long though. :)

Steve Perry
06-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Man, you Pistons fans are showing up in force here. .

Unless they can post under their real names at the piston sites they come from ? I don't beileve they are real piston fans, most likely they are local boys, like Walton or The writer wanting back on the site.

Show me where they post at other sites, and I might take them serious.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Obi,

If you are insinuating that the trolls will get banned, trust me there are many ways around that. I know from experience. If you are insinuating it will be a short series well then you've got another thing coming.

:)

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
YOU CAN CHECK ME OUT UNDER THIS NAME ON miamiheatzone.com AND ON pistonsnation.com

OH YEAH...ALSO ASK ALL THE PACER TROLLS WHO VERBALLY SMACKED THEM STUPID ON THE INDY FORUMS

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Obi,

If you are insinuating that the trolls will get banned, trust me there are many ways around that. I know from experience. If you are insinuating it will be a short series well then you've got another thing coming.

:)

They don't really ban trolls here much. We get a lot of entertainment value out of them sometimes.

Most of the posts I've seen here are obviously not trolls & have been pretty good. A lot of mutual respect is in order; you forget, a lot of Spurs fans look back fondly at Larry Brown's tenure here (with DRob's first years).

Troll
06-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I will warn you now...the trolls will come.

They will most definitely come.

Don't mistake visitors, or posters from other websites Trolls.
People that go to websites to just make trouble give real trolls a bad name.
those people are called assholes. Trolling is an art that requires talent. you want to meet real trolls go here...

http://www.thetrolls.com/phpbb/forum-44.html

mouse
06-07-2005, 10:18 AM
OH YEAH...ALSO ASK ALL THE PACER TROLLS WHO VERBALLY SMACKED THEM STUPID ON THE INDY FORUMS

Your lucky your not playing the Mighty Mavericks I may have to smack your young tender ass myself :lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 10:20 AM
oh hell, mouse is in the house. it's officially a party!

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
It's ON like pokemon

Inbred
06-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Party? It's not a party till you drop dem pants...:lmao

MasterYoda
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
begun, the party has.

lets get crunk in dis mufukka. :smokin

Dan Rather
06-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm working on a scoop that Manu does indeed use 'roids. The documents are being faxed in right now

Al Sharpton
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
A true black man does not need steroids.

fekz
06-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Unless they can post under their real names at the piston sites they come from ? I don't beileve they are real piston fans, most likely they are local boys, like Walton or The writer wanting back on the site.

Show me where they post at other sites, and I might take them serious.

Pistons.com boards. Same name. Ima hustla, ask about me...

Nah, just playing, but that's where I came from.

conversekid
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
What’s with all the love? Maybe you spurs fans would like a private room with the Piston fans so cap you swap slobbery spit and whisper sweet nothing into each others ears.

This is war! Die you Piston biotches! :makemyday :flipoff

I do believe the pleasantries will end once one team wins and Piston fan starts calling Manu a flopper, Bowen dirty, calling for Parker to get slammed to the ground and “no easy lay-ups”.

Spur fan will start talking smack about Rasheed and his technical fouls. Both will start complaining about the refs.

myhc
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
It's the calm before the storm. Until the series starts, let's keep the peace.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Too late...its already crumbling...fekz and hulkarock have fired the first shots.

Ishta
06-07-2005, 11:09 AM
It's the calm before the storm. Until the series starts, let's keep the peace.

I agree... This is going to be a defensive battle unlike any either team has seen...That being said, The SPURS are ready to commence with the coming games..

ONE TEAM, ONE GOAL
GO SPURS GO