PDA

View Full Version : Good job NO

DazedAndConfused
04-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Props to CP3 for showing the world why he's the best PG hands down. The Lakeshow had no answer for him whatsoever. I'm not really sure why he gave the team so much trouble today, usually the Lakers are content to let him be a scorer so long as he's not dishing out dimes to his teammates. But today, they let him do everything and for some dumbass reason kept switching Gasol and other bigs onto him. Talk about a recipe for disaster.

All in all I'm disappointed with the Lakeshow for putting up a stinker, but not ready to throw myself off the bridge. I know they can do a lot better than this, and honestly given their playoff performances in the last 3 years this is to be expected. The team, for whatever reason, likes to live on the edge. Maybe this is the year it bites them in the ass, I don't know.

It's certainly looking like the old guard of the NBA is falling though.

Dr House
04-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Sup bro, i left my KY Jelly at your house Friday.

Do you mind if i come get it tomorrow?

NewJerSpur
04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Gasol should push a teammate in front of him the next time it looks like he's going to be on an island one-on-one with CP3.

BRHornet45
04-17-2011, 11:27 PM
class

Nathan89
04-17-2011, 11:29 PM
class

He used to be a Spurs fan.

Frenzy
04-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Back peddling already?

SourCandy
04-18-2011, 02:39 AM
:rolleyes

Fpoonsie
04-18-2011, 02:58 AM

http://i54.tinypic.com/b8x100.gif

lakers

SourCandy
04-18-2011, 03:05 AM

lakers

ok tinystarz we get it :rolleyes

stretch
04-18-2011, 09:53 AM
hi jeff

Tinystarz
04-18-2011, 09:57 AM

lakers

:madrun

Sportcamper
04-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Lakers & their fans need to accept the fact that their brilliance effects the entire NBA….DJ & Ariza are not the same payers that they were when they came to the Lakers….They now are REAL NBA CHAMPIONS…Having played under the tutelage of Phil Jackson & performing in the Sistine Chapel of basketball, they now know what it takes to win…This series will not just be “a walk in the cake” for the Lakers…

To make matters worse the cameramen did not show hardly anything of The Honeybees….:bang

picc84
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I enjoyed Jarret Jack hitting Derrick Rose shots.

Cry Havoc
04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Bigger question: How do the Lakers guard Paul in Game 2? Anyone think Kobe would have a better shot of staying in front of him than Fisher?

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Bigger question: How do the Lakers guard Paul in Game 2? Anyone think Kobe would have a better shot of staying in front of him than Fisher?

My God, you don't think they'd go to a zone, do you? I'd die of shame.

InRareForm
04-18-2011, 01:19 PM
How much time will Artest be put on Cp3 Game 2? He is going to get burned everytime. No screens will be neccesary

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Phil will come up with something. It'll be borderline illegal, but, they won't be able to bitch about until after the game.

InRareForm
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Bynum Flagrant foul coming on cp3? get suspended one game. But Take out Paul for the rest of series. lakers back in it :wakeup

John Basedow
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Bynum Flagrant foul coming on cp3? get suspended one game. But Take out Paul for the rest of series. lakers back in it :wakeup

Works for me

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 01:47 PM

I was thinking of something more off a blackboard.

picc84
04-18-2011, 02:01 PM

No sense losing Baby Drew for a game. This is what we signed Joe Smith for. Even better, take big Theo off the IR for one game.

fevertrees
04-18-2011, 02:34 PM
People tend to forget this is Chris Paul we are talking about here. He put up a show for an ABC televised game, but will he do the same for a TNT broadcast?:wakeup

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Honestly, Lakers will have trouble with Paul and Jarrett Jack throughout the series. Jack destroyed Fisher and Shannon Brown. He's the wild card for the Hornets. If he doesn't play well, the Hornets lose. He's to the Hornets what Troy Hudson was to the T-Wolves in 2003 and 2004.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Victory becomes you, 78. You wear it well.

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Victory becomes you, 78. You wear it well.

Look at my sig. Following those two teams for 25+ years helps develop character.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Look at my sig. Following those two teams for 25+ years helps develop character.

Your development is on-going & labored. A few more victories this week and it'll take root.

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Your development is on-going & labored. A few more victories this week and it'll take root.

I'll be honest. This season is a bit of success already. Yesterday's win was icing on the cake. Really a great reward for Hornets fans who are worried about the team's future. I was tickled to death yesterday with their performance. Obviously, winning more games would be awesome, but if it doesn't happen, its not going to ruin what yesterday felt like. Team wasn't supposed to be a playoff contender, especially with Paul not returning to his 2007-2009 form. Now seeing a repeat of 121-63..............

TE
04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Honestly, Lakers will have trouble with Paul and Jarrett Jack throughout the series. Jack destroyed Fisher and Shannon Brown. He's the wild card for the Hornets. If he doesn't play well, the Hornets lose. He's to the Hornets what Troy Hudson was to the T-Wolves in 2003 and 2004.
Where's the love for the Mavericks?

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Where's the love for the Mavericks?

Its tenuous man. Game one was a nice victory, but not out of the woods yet. Mavs really need to win this series. A loss of Game 2 wouldn't be devastating, but troublesome. I think they can get it done, but they need another scorer to take pressure off of Dirk. Someone please step up.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 09:56 PM
It's amazing what happens when Bynum and to a lesser extent Gasol, have to deal with someone who they can't physically overwhelm. Even if they are limited players, the length of Gray (and girth) and to a lesser extent Smith, makes them a factor.

Unfortunately, the Lakers unprecedented luck continues, with Gray's sprained ankle. Not that the Hornets were going to win this series anyway, but the miniscule chance (and that's being generous) they had is gone.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, the Lakers unprecedented luck continues, with Gray's sprained ankle. Not that the Hornets were going to win this series anyway, but the miniscule chance (and that's being generous) they had is gone.

Well, Hell, motherf'er, yer covered no matter what happens.

You weak shit, you.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, Hell, motherf'er, yer covered no matter what happens.

You weak shit, you.

You're not making sense, old man. If you're referring to my saying they had a miniscule chance with a healthy Gray, I only meant it in the sense that technically, any team has a chance. In a practical sense, though, they don't.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 11:07 PM
You're not making sense, old man. If you're referring to my saying they had a miniscule chance with a healthy Gray, I only meant it in the sense that technically, any team has a chance. In a practical sense, though, they don't.

Please. You cover every contingency, TD. That way no matter what happens you're covered. You're insulating yourself. It's chickenshit.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Please. You cover every contingency, TD. That way no matter what happens you're covered. You're insulating yourself. It's chickenshit.

I'm not covering every contingency, old man. You just throw a fit every time someone speaks the truth about the Lakers.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm not covering every contingency, old man. You just throw a fit every time someone speaks the truth about the Lakers.

But, you have 'em & me comin' & goin'. Under your opinion/prognosis we can never win, just lose even when we win. You play all the sides so no matter what happens you can brook the result. That's shit, TD. I want the Spurs to lose to the Grizz, but, if you win that's it. I don't put conditions on it to lighten the load at victory. I'll just take it. You won't do that whether we lose or win because you're blinded by your emotions.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:55 PM
But, you have 'em & me comin' & goin'. Under your opinion/prognosis we can never win, just lose even when we win. You play all the sides so no matter what happens you can brook the result. That's shit, TD. I want the Spurs to lose to the Grizz, but, if you win that's it. I don't put conditions on it to lighten the load at victory. I'll just take it. You won't do that whether we lose or win because you're blinded by your emotions.

No, I'm not. I said coming in that the Hornets would be lucky to win a game. Obviously, Gray wasn't singlehandedly going to alter the outcome of the series. I'm just saying, whatever chance they had of even prolonging it is probably gone if he can't play. It's clearly a lucky break for the Lakers (just like Bynum being okay, Ginobili being injured, the Celtics trading Perkins, them drawing the Hornets, four of their five starters playing all 82 games, etc.; and that's just this season alone), because it makes it easier for them to advance. This is indisputable.

When the Lakers win a championship not because of a ridiculous advantage borne of a suspicious "trade", or an all-time great entering his prime signing their largely because of off court reasons, I'll give them all the respect in the world . . . but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
No, I'm not. I said coming in that the Hornets would be lucky to win a game. Obviously, Gray wasn't singlehandedly going to alter the outcome of the series. I'm just saying, whatever chance they had of even prolonging it is probably gone if he can't play. It's clearly a lucky break for the Lakers, because it makes it easier for them to advance. This is indisputable.

When the Lakers win a championship not a ridiculous advantage borne of a suspicious "trade", or an all-time great entering his prime signing their largely because of off court reasons, I'll give them all the respect in the world . . . but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

ElNono
04-19-2011, 01:12 AM
CP3 had a convincing audition for the Lakeshow in Game 1... he made his point... now he'll just get out of the way....