PDA

View Full Version : Was the bogus OKC Perkins tip in reviewable?

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Denver 101
OKC 100
1:06 remaining.

Not just the one obvious infraction but two on the same play.
Perkins putting his hand up thru the net and messing with the ball while still in the cylinder. Nuggetts players all called for the proper goaltend/basket interference?? call, refs stood with hands up asses.

Is that play reviewable? Who sets it in motion?

MultiFabbs
04-18-2011, 08:35 AM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/RalphWiggum2.gif

I like to make many threads a day whining about officiating. Yet I still watch the games!!

ElNono
04-18-2011, 08:46 AM
You mean Ibaka's tip...

boutons_deux
04-18-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11...av=ArticleList

RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

Section I-A Player Shall Not:

a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.

b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.

e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)

g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.

h. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.

i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.

no mention of touching the net while tipping in.

The 4cc Dictionary
04-18-2011, 08:56 AM
i dont know what it is but not watching the game and saying it was Perkins that tipped the ball in when it really was Ibaka dumps smegma all over the Fabbs idea of giving a logical basketball opinion i saaaaiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddd

Kyle Orton
04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Why do people confuse Ibaka and Perkins so much since the trade? There's like a 50 pound difference.

Axe Murderer
04-18-2011, 09:03 AM
You mean Ibaka's tip...

It was Perk. Fabbs is actually right for once

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2011, 09:05 AM
What's the mookie krew-robocop connection?

Kyle Orton
04-18-2011, 09:07 AM
And about a 90% difference in skill level and hustle. Perkins is a bum... I'm talking absolute bum. Ibaka can play. Nene was beastin on both of them, though. Look at Perkins one dimensional 3rd grade level post game. We used to make fun of DHoward's post game, Perkins is shit down there on the block.

Ibaka was drafted with a pick the Suns sold to another team.....that alone has basically guaranteed NBA success since 2004.

How much Ibaka develops offensively will be a large factor in how far OKC can go with their current group. They need an inside scoring presence, that'll never be Perkins and they'll have no cap room once Perkins' and Durant's extension kicks in. Their best bet is for Ibaka to develop a post game and quit wasting time developing his mid range shot.

In 2 years once Dallas, LA and San Antonio all get older and likely fall off completely, OKC is gonna have such an easy road to the finals for the 3 years LA will take to rebuild. There's not one other team in the West with any kind of bright future to contend with OKC in 2-3 years.

ElNono
04-18-2011, 09:11 AM
It was Perk. Fabbs is actually right for once

Was it? I thought Perk couldn't jump anymore... I stand corrected though

Axe Murderer
04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
There's not one other team in the West with any kind of bright future to contend with OKC in 2-3 years.

Well I think if Dallas can hold on to Beaubois, Marion, Mahinmi, Brewer, and Dominique Jones, we'll be title contenders for years if we can just build around them.

I've seen Dominique Jones play in the D-league and he has Scottie Pippen versatility, Domique Wilkins athleticism, and a Dale Ellis 3 point stroke. I'd be shocked if he didn't pan out as a perennial all star.

The post will be taken care of with Marion/Mahinmi. Marion creates matchup problems with anybody in the league because he can take anybody off the dribble, has a killer 3 point shot, and has Hakeem-esque post up abilities. Mahinmi is one of the most dominant forces in the league and I think if we keep these two we could form a Twin Towers type of team but they can also kill you from the outside as well.

Corey Brewer was a steal in my mind. He was Dwayne Wade type explosiveness, Steve Nash handling abilities, and can shut you down as well as anybody in this league. Gonna be the cornerstone of the franchise for a long time.

Beaubois is going to be the superstar here. I would say he is on par with Derrick Rose in terms of all around skill and he's only going to get better. Match that with the clutchness of Jordan and the intelligence of Bird and we might be looking at one of the greats to ever play the game.

i MAke GOod POlls
04-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Well I think if Dallas can hold on to Beaubois, Marion, Mahinmi, Brewer, and Dominique Jones, we'll be title contenders for years if we can just build around them.

I've seen Dominique Jones play in the D-league and he has Scottie Pippen versatility, Domique Wilkins athleticism, and a Dale Ellis 3 point stroke. I'd be shocked if he didn't pan out as a perennial all star.

The post will be taken care of with Marion/Mahinmi. Marion creates matchup problems with anybody in the league because he can take anybody off the dribble, has a killer 3 point shot, and has Hakeem-esque post up abilities. Mahinmi is one of the most dominant forces in the league and I think if we keep these two we could form a Twin Towers type of team but they can also kill you from the outside as well.

Corey Brewer was a steal in my mind. He was Dwayne Wade type explosiveness, Steve Nash handling abilities, and can shut you down as well as anybody in this league. Gonna be the cornerstone of the franchise for a long time.

Beaubois is going to be the superstar here. I would say he is on par with Derrick Rose in terms of all around skill and he's only going to get better. Match that with the clutchness of Jordan and the intelligence of Bird and we might be looking at one of the greats to ever play the game.

is that you stretch?

stretch
04-18-2011, 10:01 AM

:rollin

i have been owned

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/RalphWiggum2.gif
I don't know anything about officiating nor am i willing to learn or make an intelligent contribution.

But i can make up multiple profiles on my computer.

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 10:34 AM
It was Perk. I had hoped Fabbs was actually wrong for once
There there Ralphie....

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
i dont know what it is but not watching the game and saying it was Perkins that tipped the ball in when it really was Ibaka dumps smegma all over the 4cc Dictionary idea of giving a logical basketball opinion i saaaaiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddd

I'll do what i usually do with any of lifes problems large or small.
Jerk off and make a new profile up.

There there Ralphie.....

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Why do people confuse Ibaka and Perkins so much since the trade? There's like a 50 pound difference.

I got banned again. So i made up a new profile.
I like eating glue.

There there Ralphie....

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11...av=ArticleList

RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING

Section I-A Player Shall Not:

b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.

no mention of touching the net while tipping in.
Well it was most definitely b.

Announcer (Fratello?) was the one who said "you cannot bring your hand up thru the net like that, should have been a disallowed basket".

So what is the rule and can the refs ask for a camera review?

LnGrrrR
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM
I think the rule is, you can't touch the ball, net or ring while the ball is in the cylinder.

ChrisRichards
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Everyone keeps saying its Perkins lol. I'm watching ESPN SC right now and they said "Perkins made a questionable basket" then they showed a post game interview where a reporter asked Karl, what can you say about Perkins' possible goal interfering basket?

LnGrrrR
04-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Scroll to 2:50:

VhuACD6NCK4

DJ Mbenga
04-18-2011, 10:59 AM
you probably can but unless the refs think they got it wrong they wont go to it, and in this case they thought they had it right and stuck to it.

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Everyone keeps saying its Perkins lol. I'm watching ESPN SC right now and they said "Perkins made a questionable basket" then they showed a post game interview where a reporter asked Karl, what can you say about Perkins' possible goal interfering basket?
It was Perkins.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-18-2011, 03:21 PM
The NBA issued a statement saying Kendrick Perkins' late basket should've been ruled offensive interference in Game 1 victory over Denver.
12 minutes ago via ÜberSocial

WojYahooNBA

so does that mean Denver wins now? :depressed NBA IS RIGGED. On a side note, it looks like Durant's mom had sex with a rake.

boutons_deux
04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Play the tainted game over!!

crc21209
04-18-2011, 03:39 PM
You mean Ibaka's tip...

+1. Everybody on fucking BSPN keeps saying it was Perkins, when it was really Ibaka....

Fabbs
Was the play reviewable?

Axe Murderer
+1. Everybody on fucking BSPN keeps saying it was Perkins, when it was really Ibaka....

:lmao at everyone saying it's Ibaka when it's clearly Perkins.

Ibaka didn't even leave the floor

crc21209
04-18-2011, 03:40 PM
:lmao at everyone saying it's Ibaka when it's clearly Perkins.

Ibaka didn't even leave the floor

NVM...it was Perkins. Fuck it, they're both big fat black dudes....:lol

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
so does that mean Denver wins now? :depressed
No. The score stands.

NBA IS RIGGED.
What would standing by two coffee cups and sniffing the fumes do for your continued enlightenment?

LkrFan
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
You mean Ibaka's tip...

I guess all black people do look alike. :lol

John Basedow
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
WTF how has it not been figured out who the culprit was yet? :lol

John Basedow
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM

only at night, tbh

Fabbs
04-18-2011, 03:47 PM
nicely done. :lol
MultiTroll gonna hold on to "It was Ibaka".

LkrFan
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
only at night, tbh

:lol

LkrFan
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
nicely done. :lol
MultiTroll gonna hold on to "It was Ibaka".

:lol

04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
spurs fans went through this on mcdyess's tip in. the goal tending call is non reviewable. they have to make the call as it occurs. once the event is over, they cannot review the call.

Fabbs
04-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Yep.
per BSPN:

The NBA's current rules don't allow for instant replay to be used to review whether a player committed goaltending, but Karl checked out the video to confirm his suspicions.

tlongII
04-19-2011, 04:22 PM
It's not illegal to touch the net. That wasn't an issue in this instance.