PDA

View Full Version : Belfort wants in at UFC Rio

strosFan2
04-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Belfort Really Wants To Fight In Rio

http://tinyurl.com/3uncv4b (http://tinyurl.com/3uncv4b)

Who would you pick for Belfort opponent at UFC Rio?

dallaskd
04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Wandy or Tito

The TroutBum
04-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Why not? That card is already chalk full of stupid fuck Brazilians -- what's one more worthless bag of dicks? I assume they'll give him some cake walk fight just so he can look good in front of his people.

ace3g
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
JeremyHeavyMMA Jeremy Botter
Dan Severn now has 99 wins. He's 53 years old. Give him Royce at UFC Rio.

dbreiden83080
04-18-2011, 05:00 PM
JeremyHeavyMMA Jeremy Botter
Dan Severn now has 99 wins. He's 53 years old. Give him Royce at UFC Rio.

Yeah they can fight for retirement benefits..

polandprzem
04-19-2011, 02:36 AM
There is nobody in the UFC that Royce can face.

strosFan2
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Wandy or Tito

Wandy wants Leben and I don't know if Tito can come down to MW... I would say either Belcher (if healthy) or CB Dolloway...both are trying to make it to the top and will challenge Belfort.

polandprzem
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
I would like to see Brian Stann or Bisping against Vitor but oh well. ALthough Stann still can be avaiable - he is fighting on March
Belcher if healthy would be a great competition.
Maybe Sexyama?

dbreiden83080
04-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Rua vs. Griffin 2 scheduled for UFC:

Las Vegas-based fighter Forrest Griffin, coming off his unanimous decision win against Rich Franklin in February at UFC 126, will now take on former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Shogun” Hua at UFC: Rio on August 27, 2011 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Both fighters have squared off against one another before at UFC 76 when Rua made his UFC debut. Many expected the former PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix champion to roll through the competition in the UFC. At the end of the fight, it was Griffin who got the upper hand and submitted Rua via rear naked choke at 4:45 in round three. Griffin won Submission of the Night honors and the fight was considered one of the best of 2007 because of their back and forth war.

Rua looks to get back to his winning ways after getting dominated by Jon Jones at UFC 128, where Rua lost the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship to Jones in round 3 via TKO.

Rua may have lost to Griffin once before, but he could have the edge over Griffin this time as the match will take place in Rua’s home country of Brazil. A win over Griffin would be huge for the former UFC light heavyweight champion as Griffin has had some major wins against the likes of Rich Franklin, Tito Ortiz, and Rampage Jackson. Rua could also get back on track and make his way for another title run.

Advertisement With a win against Rua, Griffin would be ever so closer to a title shot and may get it if he beats Rua. Griffin could theoretically take on the winner of Jon Jones and Rashad Evans, which hasn’t been officially announced but is rumored to take place sometime at the end of this year. Griffin may possibly have the chance to avenge his loss to Rashad Evans, which took place in December 2008.

UFC: Rio can be seen on pay-per-view starting at 6 PM PST on August 27, 2011.

djohn14
04-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I would like to see Brian Stann or Bisping against Vitor but oh well. ALthough Stann still can be avaiable - he is fighting on March
Belcher if healthy would be a great competition.
Maybe Sexyama?

Ahh how id love to see him whip Bispings ass. Sexyama...hes just too much of a downgrade. He just hasnt been the same since Misaki punted him

ace3g
04-21-2011, 01:17 PM
MikeChiappetta Mike Chiappetta MMA
Vitor Belfort to face Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 133, Dana White tells ESPN UK. He also confirms my report of 133 being in Philly on 8/6. #UFC

djohn14
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Vitor will walk through him

ace3g
04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
now this leaves Sonnen, Belcher, and Bisping who need opponents

dbreiden83080
04-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Vitor will walk through him

On paper yes

But Vitor is such a choker..

The TroutBum
04-21-2011, 06:17 PM
On paper yes

You're crazy! That push kick that knocked him the fuck out was SOLID...

dbreiden83080
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
You're crazy! That push kick that knocked him the fuck out was SOLID...

his whole career is full of choke jobs..

Gassed against Tito lost a SD
Randy horsewhipped him twice
Chuck beat his ass
Henderson beat him..

This guy has been living off his win over Wandy for more than a decade..

And i am not saying Akiyama will win..

djohn14
04-23-2011, 09:28 AM
On paper yes

Im not gonna deny that, but Akiyama has shown me absolutely nothing in his UFC run.

The TroutBum
04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
his whole career is full of choke jobs..

Gassed against Tito lost a SD
Randy horsewhipped him twice
Chuck beat his ass
Henderson beat him..

This guy has been living off his win over Wandy for more than a decade..

And i am not saying Akiyama will win..

Um, I was being sarcastic. I fucking hate him.