PDA

View Full Version : Manu update

Spurs Brazil
04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN

JMcDonald_SAEN
.@Preine_PtR @DartFred Anyone expecting Manu to be Manu in series is overly optimistic. At least that's what guys with med. degrees tell me.

.Pop (obviously) isn't saying if Manu will play. Team preparing as if he's not. My take: Gonna take the entire Serbian army to keep him out.

Manu is still in a brace ... much bulkier than what Splitter wears. There's no way that can be comfortable.

Manu update: Seen going one-on-one with James Anderson at end of practice.

Spurs Brazil
04-18-2011, 03:07 PM
“We didn’t scrimmage five-on-five today,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “He’s shooting and trying to his condition up so that when he does heal, he’ll at least be in some decent shape.”

Popovich said the Spurs are getting ready for Wednesday’s Game 2 against Memphis like Ginobili won’t be playing.

“We’ve prepared like he’s not here from the beginning,” Popovich said. “We’re still in that mode.”

Spurs forward DeJuan Blair was even more succinct. He said the Spurs can’t win the series without Ginobili involved.

“We need the Big Three,” Blair said, referring to Ginobili, Parker and Tim Duncan. ” We’ve got our role players and have been playing excellent. We need Manu. Manu is our MVP.”

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/18/manu-has-more-intensive-workout-still-listed-as-doubtful/

tdunk21
04-18-2011, 03:14 PM
thank u for the update Spurs Brazil

duncan228
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
I do think fans betting on "Manu returns, Spurs win in 5" are being overly optimistic. Remains to be seen how effective he can be.

honestfool84
04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
^^^ :lol that's everyone here on SpursTalk...

Ginobili2Duncan
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Is Pop trying to save him for summer basketball in Argentina? Ginobili has to play this is the playoffs and if the Spurs lose Game 2, they can forget about winning this series. Any other coach would've played their star player in this situation. Even if he isn't 100% in this series, 70% of Ginobili is better than a lot of players in this league.

If Pop isn't careful, he will blow what might be the team's last chance at a title trying to be cute.

crc21209
04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
If Manu just said the other day that the pain in his elbow is going away already, I fully expect him to be ready and play on Wednesday....

4>0rings
04-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Manu needs to sack up and heal his vaginal tear.

Mugen
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I don't think he'll be a 100% this series and i'm not sure how effective he'll be with Tony Allen chasing him around.

But his presence alone should be enough to get the Spurs past this series. George shit the bed yesterday and this team struggles mightily when TP is the only one who can create shots for himself and others. Ginobili at 80% or so should still provide enough to have Mem account for another slasher/playmaker....

Ginobili2Duncan
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Manu needs to sack up and heal his vaginal tear.

Ginobili wanted to play. It was Pop that decided to sit him.

SenorSpur
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
And if he ever does play in this series, you just know that Tony Allen will test Manu's elbow for texture, flexibility and strength.

Dingle Barry
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
For fucks sake it isnt his left arm. Manu could easily come back and ball like himself. There will be no pain while shooting if there is any at all.

Mugen
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
And if he ever does play in this series, you just know that Tony Allen will test Manu's elbow for texture, flexibility and strength.

As he should, tbh. It's the playoffs. Bruce and Horry would have done the same thing.

ace3g
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
Spurs go as Manu goes. As valuable to them as Kobe is to LA. Leader, closer. Give him 4-pt lead w/ min left, as Spurs had Sunday, OVER.

Now Spurs have Manu-nucleosis. If he isn't 100 % for G2, Spurs done. Doctors say elbow won't completely heal for 2-3 more weeks. Adios?

crc21209
04-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Spurs go as Manu goes. As valuable to them as Kobe is to LA. Leader, closer. Give him 4-pt lead w/ min left, as Spurs had Sunday, OVER.

Now Spurs have Manu-nucleosis. If he isn't 100 % for G2, Spurs done. Doctors say elbow won't completely heal for 2-3 more weeks. Adios?

What doctors? And how does he know what the doctors said, he isnt involved with the Spurs organization. And they have released such a statement. Skip Bayless is a fucking train rider, he was on the Spurs train and then immmediately jumped off....

GrandeDavid
04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Is Pop trying to save him for summer basketball in Argentina? Ginobili has to play this is the playoffs and if the Spurs lose Game 2, they can forget about winning this series. Any other coach would've played their star player in this situation. Even if he isn't 100% in this series, 70% of Ginobili is better than a lot of players in this league.

If Pop isn't careful, he will blow what might be the team's last chance at a title trying to be cute.

I think that sitting him in Game 1 was the right call. But you need him to play Game 2 if possible. I agree that if the Spurs lose Game 2 they're toast. But I don't think they will lose, even if Manu doesn't play. They're not gonna go out like chumps and fall into an 0-2 hole, I just don't see it. But, I also would've laughed if you would've told me the Spurs would lose at home to Boston on a four game losing streak and getting Tim back. And like a sucker, I was feeling a win as the Spurs went up four late yesterday. So I guess you can scratch everything I just said because I have no idea what will happen. I wouldn't be stunned if the Spurs were to win four straight and close this out in five and, sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were to get swept. I just have no feel for this team.

4>0rings
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Ginobili wanted to play. It was Pop that decided to sit him.
Yes, everyone knows this. He should of told Pop, No, I'm playing.

Muser
04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Fuck it just play him. 100% or not.

FromWayDowntown
04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
One consequence of Manu being out -- one that hadn't really occurred to me until I was watching the game yesterday -- was the cascading effect it has on how the Spurs initiate their offense. It was interesting in Game 1 that the Spurs had 4 assists on their first 4 field goals, then had 1 assist for the rest of the first quarter, and had zero (http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/boxscore.cgi?date=20110417&game=MEMSAS) assists in the second quarter.

I'm probably not unique in my belief that Hill is more of a ball-stopper than an initiator. That problem is usually mitigated by the fact that either Parker or Ginobili is on the floor at almost all times, so the situations in which George has had to initiate offense have been fairly limited. But I think the Spurs are a decidedly more stagnant team when George has to run the offense.

In Game 1, it seemed like Hill was having to initiate more and more often -- perhaps a defensive adjustment by Memphis or perhaps a choice by the Spurs -- as the game wore on because Manu wasn't there to be the 2nd initiator and the Spurs' offense struggled more and more to find shots. As much of a problem as the bigs are on the defensive end, the Spurs become really, really easy to defend if they aren't moving the ball to create shots; when they become overly-dependent upon the dribble to move the basketball, bad things happen. I think that happened to a significant degree in Game 1; where they found offense, it tended to be more off of break opportunities or broken plays. Relegated to playing in the half court, they were really pretty inept offensively.

Ginobili's scoring would help, but it's more about missing his ability to run offense, I think. I don't even know that he needs to slash to create offense; if he moves the ball, they should be better.

Fireball
04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
this just does not sound good ...

timtonymanu
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Manu would have a week to fully heal. He should be able to give it a go on Wednesday. Play him, Pop.

romsho
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, everyone knows this. He should of told Pop, No, I'm playing.

That ain't how it works, and you know it.

04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
this team is good enough to beat the grizzlies without ginobili. if they can't win without ginobili, the spurs' weaknesses are far to great to get them past the second round even with ginobili. ginobili isn't going to magically cure spurs defense, weak mentality, and small front line. the role players need to play like they did during the first half of the season or the spurs can just start packing for their fishing trips right now.

rjv
04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
pop played him more minutes than ever all season and in the last game even and now he is back to being the extremely cautious pop.

i agree with mcdonald though...pop would really have to pull out the serbian army to keep him out.

i can just picture the fireworks in that office if pop starts with a "you're not playing" sentence.

~Sweetmelody~
04-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Do we really need Manu in game two?

Now, if we loose Game 2 than the next game would be a must win, but right now I don’t think it is. It sucks that we lost and I want him back for next game but just seeing how physical game one was I am almost scared for him to aggravate his injury even more.

sa_butta
04-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Memphis will not shoot 55% Fgs and 60% 3pts in game 2, end of story...Manu or no Manu we win game 2.

ElNono
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
What Pop is doing of flat out making him unavailable when the player insists he wants to give it a try is beyond retarded. If Hill/Neal happens to go down, would you rather have a Manu in one arm or a rotation of Hill/Anderson, Neal/Anderson deciding your chances in the series?

Just play the guy already. If he sucks, you can always pull him.

Budkin
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I think Pop is keeping him out to avoid further injury before the second round of the playoffs start. We're going to need him! :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
That's why Duncan only got 36 minutes, so he can be fresh for game 2.

DPG21920
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Why does Manu always have to be the one injured when it matters?

4>0rings
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
It happens so often the question should now be, "when will Manu not be injured when it matters?"

igruex
04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
What Pop is doing of flat out making him unavailable when the player insists he wants to give it a try is beyond retarded.

That's usually one of the main tasks of any coach.

ElNono
04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
That's usually one of the main tasks of any coach.

Plenty of coaches play dinged up players (Thibs playing Noah in Chicago comes to mind, Phil Jackson done it plenty of times with different players, even Pop with Tim). If you sit him on a suit courtside, then you're simply cornering yourself in the event of an emergency.

I agree with the people that say we shouldn't need Manu to beat this Memphis team, but the reality is we've a really small margin for error if he's not there.

Dr Cox
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Plenty of coaches play dinged up players (Thibs playing Noah in Chicago comes to mind, Phil Jackson done it plenty of times with different players, even Pop with Tim). If you sit him on a suit courtside, then you're simply cornering yourself in the event of an emergency.

I agree with the people that say we shouldn't need Manu to beat this Memphis team, but the reality is we've a really small margin for error if he's not there.

Pop/Spurs Smarts > ElNono's "smarts"

Shut up and just watch the game, they are going to be fine.

ManuBalboa
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM

That's when the real Manu goes from Banner to Hulk. Always been, always will be.

z0sa
04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
The reality is, if Parker plays anything close to usual the Spurs win G1. He missed multiple gimme's and was just playing flustered out there. I give the Memphis some credit but with Allen in foul trouble thanks to a near-invisible GHill, Parker should have found a way to dominate. Instead, he misses 75% of his shots and assists on only 5 baskets.

I bet he's much better in Game2, and I bet the entire team is re-energized and feeling closer to "normal" with Manu's return. As for Manu's play, who knows until we see how much he's hampered by the injury. We may need Parker in a big way throughout the rest of the series if we want to win; certainly much better than his G1 performance.

pgardn
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Ginobili has no regard for his body. The injury came at a horrible time, and the play in which he was injured was not one of the million other crazier things he tries to do physically. He is an accident waiting to happen.

Seriously, we easily could have won that game without him. Its not like we had no chance. The Lakers were basically whipped with Kobe playing well. That would be more troubling as a fan of a team. If Ginobili can come back and open the floor up a bit more, we will definitely get more 3's or have bigger gaps to drive through, or hopefully, both.

It will be interesting to see if the Grizz give the arm a little "test". tony Allen in not exactly a pacifist. The nasal pop Ginobili took last year while attempting to double Dirk took a number of pops after. Maybe his right arm is actually smaller and harder to find than his nose.

And I read above that I repeated what was already noted.

SenorSpur
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
What Pop is doing of flat out making him unavailable when the player insists he wants to give it a try is beyond retarded. If Hill/Neal happens to go down, would you rather have a Manu in one arm or a rotation of Hill/Anderson, Neal/Anderson deciding your chances in the series?

Just play the guy already. If he sucks, you can always pull him.

A strategy I wished Pop would've used regarding Green and Anderson. Doesn't matter to me that it's the playoffs. With Manu out and Hill struggling as thoiugh this was a road game, it seems logical to me that either Green or Anderson should've moved up the rotation to warrant a few minutes in relief of Hill and RJ.

ElNono
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Pop/Spurs Smarts > ElNono's "smarts"

Shut up and just watch the game, they are going to be fine.

Why don't you make me shut up, tough guy? :lmao

Solid D
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Ginobili has no regard for his body. The injury came at a horrible time, and the play in which he was injured was not one of the million other crazier things he tries to do physically. He is an accident waiting to happen.

I haven't really expressed my opinion about the play in which Manu was injured, but I think I will. Manu seemed to want to keep Grant Hill from jumping the screen by sticking out his right arm somewhat. Not the best idea. Secondly, Grant Hill decided to play red-rover, red-rover and force his way over the top of Duncan's screen with Manu's arm extended and I wonder if he did so with some sense of malice in that split second. It appeared to be a forced wedging between the Timmy and Manu...trying to beat Manu to the turn. It also appeared to be done without regard for safety... in the early minutes of a fairly meaningless game. I say it could have easily been avoided if Hill cared about making the safe play. It could have easily been avoided if Manu hadn't stuck his arm out that way. Stuff happens with large, overly competitive grown men.

ALVAREZ6
04-18-2011, 07:22 PM

It's F'ing frustrating that's for sure :bang:bang:bang, this team could have a couple of more championships in my opinion.

The most frustrating part in this case is the way in which he hurt his elbow. He was doing his usually stupid ass routine of rounding the pick so tightly while purposefully dragging his right arm behind him like a long tail in order to act more contact from the transaction. HE DOES IT EVERY TIME HE RUNS AROUND A SCREEN WHILE RECEIVING THE BALL :bang:bang:bang

Enough of that shit, please.

vednam
04-18-2011, 07:31 PM
You are all overlooking the fact that Ginobili is not very good at playing injured. Look at how much he sucked against the Lakers in 2008. He spent most of the series getting outplayed by Sasha Vujacic. He was turning the ball over like there was no tomorrow.

A one-armed Ginobili is worse than a healthy George Hill or a healthy Gary Neal.

Ginobili suffers more from consistency and confidence issues than almost any star. If he has it going, he's as good as anyone. If he doesn't have it going, he can play like crap. He's not like a Duncan who is always going to give you something.

I think Ginobili should sit out until his arm is near 100%, unless the Spurs are on the verge of being eliminated in which case they should try anything and everything.

pgardn
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I haven't really expressed my opinion about the play in which Manu was injured, but I think I will. Manu seemed to want to keep Grant Hill from jumping the screen by sticking out his right arm somewhat. Not the best idea. Secondly, Grant Hill decided to play red-rover, red-rover and force his way over the top of Duncan's screen with Manu's arm extended and I wonder if he did so with some sense of malice in that split second. It appeared to be a forced wedging between the Timmy and Manu...trying to beat Manu to the turn. It also appeared to be done without regard for safety... in the early minutes of a fairly meaningless game. I say it could have easily been avoided if Hill cared about making the safe play. It could have easily been avoided if Manu hadn't stuck his arm out that way. Stuff happens with large, overly competitive grown men.

Maybe so. I did not see it that well, but I would not doubt it.

Very early on it was apparent to a lot of people I watch the games with that he was going to be injured quite frequently. I am shocked his ankle actually healed as badly as he tore it up. The man rolls the dice every time he plays.

siraulo23
04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
game 2 is a must win

if manu isnt going to play, you'd have to hope parker,hill and neal shoots a better FG % than they did in game 1

oh, and when you have a 2 point lead, with less than a minute to go, defend the three point line, fuck

TMTTRIO
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
If you're so sick of Manu being injured all the time then maybe they should've traded him a long time ago. Maybe it was a really bad mistake of the Spurs to resign him again instead of letting him go. I don't like it as much as anyone but unfortunately Manu's injury prone and yeah it's seems to be at the worst timing. That's why we invested in RJ to take Manu's place if he gets injured. Interesting it seems like we have injury issues with Tim and Tony close to the same time during the season while Manu's healthy and then when they get back to normal, Manu seems to get hit with it at the playoff time while the other two are healthy. Don't you think it's really frustrating to Manu too being the competitor that he is and getting hurt a lot? It's not like he's trying so he doesn't have to play.

pgardn
04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
If you're so sick of Manu being injured all the time then maybe they should've traded him a long time ago. Maybe it was a really bad mistake of the Spurs to resign him again instead of letting him go. I don't like it as much as anyone but unfortunately Manu's injury prone and yeah it's seems to be at the worst timing. That's why we invested in RJ to take Manu's place if he gets injured. Interesting it seems like we have injury issues with Tim and Tony close to the same time during the season while Manu's healthy and then when they get back to normal, Manu seems to get hit with it at the playoff time while the other two are healthy. Don't you think it's really frustrating to Manu too being the competitor that he is and getting hurt a lot? It's not like he's trying so he doesn't have to play.

The time he is on the floor is well worth it. One of the most entertaining players I have ever seen.

ElNono
04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
You are all overlooking the fact that Ginobili is not very good at playing injured. Look at how much he sucked against the Lakers in 2008. He spent most of the series getting outplayed by Sasha Vujacic. He was turning the ball over like there was no tomorrow.

A one-armed Ginobili is worse than a healthy George Hill or a healthy Gary Neal.

Ginobili suffers more from consistency and confidence issues than almost any star. If he has it going, he's as good as anyone. If he doesn't have it going, he can play like crap. He's not like a Duncan who is always going to give you something.

I think Ginobili should sit out until his arm is near 100%, unless the Spurs are on the verge of being eliminated in which case they should try anything and everything.

That's why you're a Lakers fan...

TMTTRIO
04-18-2011, 08:32 PM
By the way if he can survive these little guys climbing and jumping all over him I think he can survive being out there on court :lol.
http://plixi.com/p/93046160

TampaDude
04-18-2011, 08:38 PM
NFW Manu doesn't play in Game 2. Spurs in 5.

Danny.Zhu
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
:depressed

DPG21920
04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
NFW Manu doesn't play in Game 2. Spurs in 5.

I don't get why people think like this. Even if it does happen, it won't be because you have seen it before.

Manu IMO, almost more than any other top tier player I can remember, gets effected by injuries. A lot of great players can play injured and while it obviously hurts them, they resemble themselves.

Manu looks like a stud when healthy and a complete dud when tired/injured. This is a serious injury. It will likely seriously effect him.

Sean Cagney
04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Memphis will not shoot 55% Fgs and 60% 3pts in game 2, end of story...Manu or no Manu we win game 2.

YES, but the series? We go back to Memphis for game 3 obviously and they will be fired up! DAMN why the hell did they have to drop that game one, it looks worse now.

TampaDude
04-18-2011, 08:52 PM
YES, but the series? We go back to Memphis for game 3 obviously and they will be fired up! DAMN why the hell did they have to drop that game one, it looks worse now.

DAMN why the hell did Pop play Manu against the Suns in Game 82. That was so fucking stupid. :bang

ALVAREZ6
04-18-2011, 08:56 PM
By the way if he can survive these little guys climbing and jumping all over him I think he can survive being out there on court :lol.
http://plixi.com/p/93046160

http://c0013728.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_58bc590

:lol

Hemotivo
04-18-2011, 08:57 PM
this team is good enough to beat the grizzlies without ginobili. if they can't win without ginobili, the spurs' weaknesses are far to great to get them past the second round even with ginobili.

:reading :wtf:dizzy

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Spurs' new defensive philosophy: Hope The Other Team Misses.

Spursmania
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM

:depressed

igruex
04-18-2011, 09:55 PM

Are we taking what Pop's said to the camera as something remotely close to what he really thinks? Come on!

SenorSpur
04-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Obviously injuries can happen anytime. With Manu's previous injury history and "balls-to-the-wall", wild-ass, style of play, he's more susceptible than most. However the frustrating part of all this is, he took this past summer and rested. He came into this season refreshed and ready. His high-level of play and consistent contributions were the by-product of him being healthy. Then after resting the 81st game of the season, he then sustains another injury in the final game of the regular season. Damn.

Obstructed_View
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM

Are we taking what Pop's said to the camera as something remotely close to what he really thinks? Come on!

Pop's lineup choices speak far louder than any press conference. If Splitter starts the next game, then we'll know.

PS: I was replying to someone's post that "No way the Grizzlies shoot like that again" as though their center and power forward shooting 76 percent was a fluke.

DesignatedT
04-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Gasol wont score 25 again all series long.

igruex
04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Pop's lineup choices speak far louder than any press conference. If Splitter starts the next game, then we'll know.

Oh I agree then, if there is any way to get close to what the old man is thinking it has to be through the lineups he uses.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Gasol wont score 25 again all series long.

He will if Blair/Bonner are on him I can promise you that.

DesignatedT
04-19-2011, 11:26 AM

Doubtful.

Mugen
04-19-2011, 11:28 AM

True. But Timmy was the one guarding him most of the night and Gasol lit him up.

He hit a lot of fluke shots and I don't expect him to go 9-10 again. No doubt in my mind that Splitter would shut him down though.

duncan228
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Off the Beaten Path, Spurs need Manu Ginobili (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/)
by Jesse Blanchard
48 Minutes of Hell

Despite the comforts and confines of the AT&T Center and Alamo city Sunday (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/sunday) afternoon, home court advantage was merely a myth in the San Antonio Spurs Game 1 loss (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/game-1-memphis-grizzlies-101-san-antonio-spurs-98) to the Memphis Grizzlies.

Spurs players had the luxury of sleeping in their beds, following their day-to-day routines, and performing in front of their fans, but the Grizzlies dictated the settings of the game itself, remodeling the floor as they saw fit—often with the crumpled bodies of Tony Parker and George Hill.

Several years ago the Phoenix Suns were compared to a Ferrari or high class European sports car, transforming the NBA into their personal autobahn. The Seven Seconds or Less Suns were high performance to be sure, but also high maintenance to the point of great flaw.

These San Antonio Spurs, despite their (justified) label as a team predicated on offense, are not those Suns, but they are not a tank either.

Keep reading... (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/off-the-beaten-path-spurs-need-manu-ginobili)

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/off-the-beaten-path-spurs-need-manu-ginobili

Mugen
04-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Good article. Not sure why people before the series said that we could beat MEM with or without Manu.

Truth of the matter is that the Spurs are a fringe playoff team without any one of the Big 3.

z0sa
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Good article. Not sure why people before the series said that we could beat MEM with or without Manu.

Truth of the matter is that the Spurs are a fringe playoff team without any one of the Big 3.

TP played like utter garbage and Tim was a shadow in the 2nd half, we missed 3 chances at a win/tie and left their only and best 3pt shooter open for the W, and we still lost by only a single possession.

If TP plays normal, we win by 3-5 IMHO. If Manu plays, we win by 6-10. I project we win against Memphis tomorrow night by double digits.

hater
04-19-2011, 12:26 PM

blind homers

It would take a miracle to beat memphis without Manu

With a hobbled Manu, very very difficult

With a close to 90% Manu we should be able to do it

manu
04-19-2011, 12:28 PM
OHH Yeah!!! well i just saw this article on NBC Sports site:

It's just his perspective, but i like it :toast
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7883/screenshot20110419at101f.png

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42655682/ns/sports-player_news/

we gotta be optimistic!! Stay positive guys, we gotta hope for the best :flag:

Mugen
04-19-2011, 12:31 PM
TP played like utter garbage and Tim was a shadow in the 2nd half, we missed 3 chances at a win/tie and left their only and best 3pt shooter open for the W, and we still lost by only a single possession.

If TP plays normal, we win by 3-5 IMHO. If Manu plays, we win by 6-10. I project we win against Memphis tomorrow night by double digits.

I believe we are 1-7 this season when any of the Big 3 is out (Lone win against Cleveland?).

A lot of TP and TD's subpar play in Game 1 can be attributed to Manu not being there. Manu makes things a lot easier for everybody around him, just like TP and TD do. TP plays better off the ball when Manu is the playmaker and not George. I think Manu probably would have gotten the ball into Timmy more after the 1st half he had. More open 3s with Manu's penetration, etc.

I just think this team becomes much closer to average when one of the Big 3 is out and they aren't playing off each other's strengths.

boutons_deux
04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Spurs shot 40%, Grizz 55%.

Spurs shoot 45%, they win. They don't need Manu for that.

Mugen
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Spurs shot 40%, Grizz 55%.

Spurs shoot 45%, they win. They don't need Manu for that.

Aside from defense being the primary reason they lost Game 1, you really don't think Manu gets them easier shots than George Hill as the primary playmaker?

Sportcamper
04-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Can someone please tell me how it went at Manus doctor appointment today & also what did he have for breakfast?

rmt
04-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I think Spurs fans are in for a rude awakening even if Manu plays. Unlike Duncan, he has to feel physically up to par and confident to play well. It takes him a long time to get in a groove (see all last year until after ASB).

Spurs, more than most other contenders, need the big 3 and all their different strengths. They really missed Manu closing that last game.

MEM won't be content with a split - they're really going to go after this game. Spurs will be in a bind if they go down 0-2 heading back to Memphis. Zach can and will score that easily if Bonner/Blair/Dice are guarding him. Hoping that MEM doesn't shoot such a high percentage again is fool's gold.

Spurs Brazil
04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Leaginobili Leandro Ginobili
Manana juega!!! Sino va a saber cuantos pares son tres botas!

MmP
04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I can't understand what Leandro meant in that final sentence (sino va a saber cuantos pares son 3 botas) ?¿?

TimmehC
04-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Can someone please tell me how it went at Manus doctor appointment today & also what did he have for breakfast?
Well, this is SpurStalk, after all.

</lefty>

Master splitter
04-19-2011, 07:39 PM

Not sure about the doctor visit but I think he ate super golden crisp, the one with the picture of that bear on the front cover.

Budkin
04-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I think Spurs fans are in for a rude awakening even if Manu plays. Unlike Duncan, he has to feel physically up to par and confident to play well. It takes him a long time to get in a groove (see all last year until after ASB).

Spurs, more than most other contenders, need the big 3 and all their different strengths. They really missed Manu closing that last game.

MEM won't be content with a split - they're really going to go after this game. Spurs will be in a bind if they go down 0-2 heading back to Memphis. Zach can and will score that easily if Bonner/Blair/Dice are guarding him. Hoping that MEM doesn't shoot such a high percentage again is fool's gold.

No way, we're going to blow the shit out of them.

SA210
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM

Tp9gospursgo
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Manu missed one game....i doubt he will be that rusty.

Chomag
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM

Sprur's strategy to win: Makes some shots, opponents miss some shots.

duncan228
04-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Long post-practice interview with Manu. Says he's at least as healthy as entering Game 2. Good to go in Game 3.

Hooks
04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Any word on how much longer he'll keep that brace on? I wonder if it was the brace that affected his shot (missing FT's), or just his lack of playing/not shooting over the past week.

Fpoonsie
04-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Any word on how much longer he'll keep that brace on? I wonder if it was the brace that affected his shot (missing FT's), or just his lack of playing/not shooting over the past week.

He's said at least through this series, and I'd guess, assuming we make it there, through the next.

it's me
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
WTF .... "as healthy as entering game 2" ....... so still fucked up.

duncan228
04-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Manu's practice interview:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/110422_ginobili.html

All of the practice interviews:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177705

daslicer
04-22-2011, 03:37 PM
The brace seems to really hinder Manu when he is shooting free throws.

cheguevara
04-22-2011, 03:39 PM

CIA Pop

Dex
04-22-2011, 04:25 PM

Do you think a game of physical, playoff basketball aided in the healing process of his elbow?

His timetable is going to be delayed as long as he is playing hurt, but Spurs need him on the court, especially in Memphis.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Nobody is healthy this time of year..

Spursmania
04-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Do you think a game of physical, playoff basketball aided in the healing process of his elbow?

His timetable is going to be delayed as long as he is playing hurt, but Spurs need him on the court, especially in Memphis.