PDA

View Full Version : From A Detroit Fan: It's nice to see intelligent fans on your forums.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-07-2005, 08:18 AM
Hi,

First of all i must say, good luck to the Spurs, Im a Pistons fan but i wish you guys and the fans the best. It should be a great series.

I was excited to see posts by fans of an intelligent nature unlike what i saw on the Heat message boards.

Everything was like Pistons suck, Pistons are a fluke etc.

I look forward to reading and sharing my opinions with fellow fans as the series goes forward.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Well thank you.

Please look the other way while I stroke my ego for a moment.

GrandeDavid
06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Hey thanks! So far I'm very impressed with the Pistons organization and fanbase from top to bottom. First, you've got a world class owner who hooked Spurs Nation up big time by giving Tim a lift home after injuring his ankle. An expensive lift, too! Also, you Pistons fans seem knowledgable and classy. Finally, I love Kid Rock's latest album and since he's a fan, that's all good too!

Still, Go Spurs!

IX_Equilibrium
06-07-2005, 08:26 AM
The Pistons are actually may favorite Eastern Conf. team, and have been since the bad boy days.

I think the Spurs would have had an easier time playing Miami, but I am glad they're playing Detroit. It will be a great matchup between 2 great teams.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I was a big Pistons fan back in the days of Zeke, although part of me never quite forgave them for taking Sean Elliot and giving us Rodman, however briefly that might have been. With that said, I'm thrilled that the Pistons are in the finals because maybe (just maybe) some of the idiot coaches in the league will wake up and say, "Well if there's two great defensive teams in the finals, maybe defense is a good thing." If nothing else I can't wait to see David Stern bite his tongue in half while trying to keep from cursing on national TV when he has to give the trophy to either of these teams.

Welcome to the board. It looks like most of the Pistons visitors are on par with the nice folks from the Phoenix board who dropped by for the last series. I hope the civility remains throughout, but hey, it's the finals.

SpizdiStrann
06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
go Detroit!!!

duncan_21
06-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Seems like there is a larger majority of pistons fans that are knowledgable about bball when compared to bandwagon *cough* , I mean Suns fans.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Give it some time, there will be some trolls showing up but I dont think the Pistons fans have any kind of hatred for the Spurs like they did the Heat and Shaq. We are a bit disgruntled about continuously getting no respect.

Already several ESPN commentators are picking the Spurs but that's okay. Detroit thrives on that kind of stuff. We are relaxed even when we are down in a series as can be seen against Indy this year and Miami. Miami had us down by both 2-1 and 3-2 but we still prevailed.

I watched a few of the Spurs games against the Suns and i was like oh man, whoever comes out of the East is going to have their hands full. At the time even thinking that Detroit and Miami might not be able to beat them however after the way my Pistons have played the last two games i believe they can hang. Im thinking this series will go 6 games and i think the Pistons will win.

Time will tell.

easjer
06-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Oddly, I too am picking the Spurs. . . and I think it will go 6 games.

Detriot's all right. I like the defensive minded play. I rooted for them last year (and not just out of hatred for Shakobe), and was pleased they won. I wanted this match up all year.

It's been a great playoff season, hasn't it? Coming down to the four best teams in the league, and arguably the two best teams fighting it out. If nothing else, how cool to have the last two champs fighting it out, huh? Can't wait for Thursday (so much knitting to do before then!).

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-07-2005, 08:52 AM
I'd like to add my sentiments to those of May the Best Team Win. I didn't join the Heat board because it was a lot of mud slinging on both sides, but it seems pretty friendly here so far. Let's see if it lasts into the start of the series!

Ginofan
06-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I'd like to add my sentiments to those of May the Best Team Win. I didn't join the Heat board because it was a lot of mud slinging on both sides, but it seems pretty friendly here so far. Let's see if it lasts into the start of the series!

Don't bet on it!:lol Just wait till LB mentions anything about Manu flopping or Bruce playing "dirty" all hell will break loose!

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Well anyone who has a Calvin and Hobbes avatar is ok with me!

I think this will be a hell of a series, I like the Spurs to win but it will not be easy.

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah...you guys I guess seem like the best fans yet...the Pacer fans were hilarous...So blind to reality. Miami fans, were fun to mess with, but they just got way to upset? and by the way...just like all the jobber suns fans were was all these Miami fans last year?

Well it comes down to the top 2 teams in the league FINALLY! Again like I said earlier...LA was a joke, and it was a bitch that we had to play them... THANK YOU DEREK FISHER!

The Mask
06-07-2005, 09:55 AM
www.pistonsnation.com

It is the bizarro Spurs board.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
LA was a joke, and it was a bitch that we had to play them... THANK YOU DEREK FISHER!
Shhh! Dude....don't say the "D-F" word here. Some people still have .4 anxiety! :lol

wildbill2u
06-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi,

First of all i must say, good luck to the Spurs, Im a Pistons fan but i wish you guys and the fans the best. It should be a great series.

I was excited to see posts by fans of an intelligent nature unlike what i saw on the Heat message boards.

Everything was like Pistons suck, Pistons are a fluke etc.

I look forward to reading and sharing my opinions with fellow fans as the series goes forward.

My friend, You are going to be very disappointed by a lot of Spurs fans when they get into their "Pistons suck" mode. :rolleyes They simply didn't know who to vent their ire on until the Pistons beat the Heat.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I say bring it on then. We can dish it out just as good as we can take it.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I think Wild bill is trying say that not all Spurs fans are as intelligent as you are giving them credit for. I would say he is wrong. Most Spurs fans who know their basketball know that this will not be an easy series and will not simply say "Pistons Suck" a lot of us are better than that.

Inbred
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
I was excited to see posts by fans of an intelligent nature

I will take that as an insult. :smokin

angel_luv
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Does anyone else find this love fest between opposing fans to be very unnatural and a little disturbing? () = )

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:23 AM
It was similar to before the WCF...then the ball went up and all hell broke loose....I imagine that will happen again! :)

Inbred
06-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Does anyone else find this love fest between opposing fans to be very unnatural and a little disturbing? () = )

Not when you live in the hills , and drink moonshine all day...

angel_luv
06-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I will take that as an insult. :smokin

Now that is more like it! LOL! Suddenly, I recognize my surroundings.

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 10:25 AM

Don't worry, this is just starting. It's gonna get ugly, but it won't be my fault :angel

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 10:26 AM
It reminds me movies like Braveheart and Kingdom of Heaven where the opposing commanders ride out before the battle and chat rather amiably and then everyone gets hacked and sliced and killed and shit.

angel_luv
06-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Don't worry, this is just starting. It's gonna get ugly, but it won't be my fault :angel

I was beginning to fear I'd fallen into another remake of the Stepford Wives. But no- you're still scoundrels. Welcome back! :lol

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
We're in the "getting to know you" stage. I understand, and if we didn't talk shit at some point, we wouldn't be fans, would we? But the smack talk I've seen so far is based in reality. I call it like I see it, good or bad, Pistons or whoever we're up against, and I fully expect it to get really ugly right around the third game, so I'm just going to enjoy it while I can and keep my boxing gloves handy, just in case!

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 11:48 AM
I AM JUST PRAYING THAT I DONT GET BANNED LIKE I DID ON THE DAMN MIAMI FORUM! I made it through the Indy forum...PLEASE DONT BAN ME WHEN I START SPITTING MY VERBAL VENOM!

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
You probably won't get banned here. Kori is pretty cool about that. As long as the venom is basketball related...you should be fine.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-07-2005, 11:55 AM
I AM JUST PRAYING THAT I DONT GET BANNED LIKE I DID ON THE DAMN MIAMI FORUM! I made it through the Indy forum...PLEASE DONT BAN ME WHEN I START SPITTING MY VERBAL VENOM!

You won't get banned. If the Denver fans survived a ban, you can be pretty sure that it won't happen. :lol

mouse
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM

If you do get banned it will be from all the yelling you do, try not using the caps so much, :smokin

Spurminator
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Just don't start a new thread for your every rant and you'll be fine.

Sonia_TX
06-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I was hoping for a Pistons v. Spurs matchup. :)

To all the Pistons Fans:

Welcome. :)