Bruno
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_nazr_mohammed.jpg
Born: Sep 5, 1977
Height: 6-10 / 2.08
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113.4 kg.
College: Kentucky
Years Pro: 12

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nazr_mohammed/career_stats.html)

Spurtacus
05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
He's played well against the Grizzlies. Spurs could have certainly used him the last few years. He's going to be 34 by next season.

ChuckD
05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Stone hands. Slow, blockable shot. Slow afoot.

Where do I sign?

ace3g
05-11-2011, 09:41 PM
He has played well against the Grizzlies. And probably one of the few centers that could be signed at a decent price.

MaNu4Tres
05-11-2011, 09:43 PM
6 years too late. He was replaced by small ball and Bonner during that time.

Sad story.

ChuckD
05-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Likely target, would be a solid pick up but we need to add a star if we want a title. If we could grab him and find a deal for Josh Smith or find a way to sign a Jamal Crawford we be contenders next year.

None of those three things will happen. If the Spurs thought highly of Nazr, he'd still be here. The other two are out of reach financially.

ChuckD
05-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Spurs do think highly of Nazr but he played his way into a overpaid contract. Now at 34 hes not gonna get a pay day, but may wanna go somewhere where he can play 20mpg. He is a good defender and rebounder, and has developed a nice jump hook, put up good numbers the last two years. He is a ready to plug and play option.
Nazr doesn't really address anything we need. He's not a particularly good rim protector, and isn't the youthful presence we need in the paint

Spurs are gonna have to make a move if they want to compete. Atlanta is shopping Smith as they want to trim payroll and resign Crawford. Tp to Atlanta for Smith would work for both teams.
Trading Smith for TP frees no payroll to sign Crawford.

If we are gonna keep TP you could offer up Blair, Hill and RJ for Smith this deal gives Atl some bench guys, a SF who can run which ATL wants to due and better fits RJ, as well as gives Atl some cap room.
Trading RJ, Blair, and Hill doesn't free up cap room to re-sign Crawford.

Gay from Mem would be another Target as the Grizz are gonna sign Gasol to a big deal and will likely sign Shane. Not sure what the Grizz would want but they will be looking to deal Gay.

Memphis big achilles heel against OKC was the lack of perimeter scoring. Gay is going nowhere.

ChuckD
05-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Nazr is a solid Rim protector, good rebounder on both ends and good man defender, has good size knows the system, will not be moved under the rim like Splitter and Bonner.

Nazr - 0.7 blocks per game, career. I was being kind. He's NO rim protector at all

Crawford would have to be a sign and trade but dealing the players I stated to ATL for Smith would allow Crawford to resign as atl is not gonna run up a payroll.
What? If ATL trades Smith's contract for other contract(s), the net effect on their payroll is zip, zilch, nada, and they're no closer to having money to sign Crawford than if they had kept Smith.

Gay has 88 mill dollar contract, Randolph 71, Conley 44 Gasol will command 50-70 mill, Griz want Shane back and he will likely get 4-5 per year. For a team thats tighter with money than the spurs you really think they are gonna keep gay when Shane and Young have played very well for them and would be much cheaper.

They're much more likely to deal Conley, Mayo, and let Shane walk than deal Rudy.

ace3g
05-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Playing well in game 7, just hit a midrange jumper, and then drove to the basket as a last resort play and got the layup

ChuckD
05-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Another year of Tim and generic Pop-style old guy manning the post is another wasted year.

ChuckD
05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I agree, hope Pops see's the light this off season. I still have high hopes for Richards and Splitter, and Im looking for Blair to make himself a player this summer.

I wonder if TD has thought about opting out and signing a min deal in order to bring in help up front. He has all the money he needs and if anyone would do it it would be him.

I doubt if he'll sign for minimum, but he may agree to spread that $20M over two years, much like David's final deal.

JonNOKC
05-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Nazr is a great B-List guy - I would hope the FO have a few A list FA and also at least discuss/gauge interest on a few potential trades. If all these things fizzle out then you could do a lot worse than Nazr

Bruno
05-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Nazr sucked with Spurs in 05-06. I don't see how it would be a good idea to bring him back while he will be 34 years old.

ploto
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Nazr would never come back.

ace3g
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Nazr Mohammed Signs Extension With Thunder

The Oklahoma City Thunder have signed center Nazr Mohammed to a contract extension, it was announced today by Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti. Per team policy, the terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

“We are pleased to be able to keep Nazr in the Thunder family,” said Presti. “He is a valuable part of our organization both on and off the floor. His professionalism, experience, and on-court play have had a positive impact on our young and evolving roster.”

Mohammed (6-10, 250) owns career averages of 6.9 points, 5.4 rebounds in 17.9 minutes in 771 career NBA games.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214455/Nazr_Mohammed_Signs_Extension_With_Thunder#ixzz1Qg yHhubi

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Nazr Mohammed's one-year extension with Oklahoma City will pay him $3.75 million, league source tells Y!

ChuckD
06-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Good.

ohmwrecker
06-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Jesus, does T2S drool over every stiff 6'10" and up?

Tyrone Jenkins
06-29-2011, 10:06 PM
As opposed to the crap we have on the front line you should two. Naz played very well last year at both ends. And in limited mins produced well. We have TD and Splitter, one aging vet and on injury prone unknown.

As back ups we have a 6-6 center who cant defend and has no offensive moves, and a 6-8 stiff who plays Center but wants to be a SG.

Anyone is better than what we have.

Somewhat of an exageration but we get you point...

Players like Blair have their place. Same w/ Bonner. On a team that has a true PF that can produce 20/10 a night, they're great complimentary pieces. They are not the problem - the lack of a true SCORING, DEFENSIVE, REBOUNDING and dependable PF is the real issue. I would rather trade Spitter and RJ and keep Blair and Bonner than the other way around. Not sure if Atlanta would give up Smith for that or a sign and trade w/ NO or perhaps some other team.

Plain and simple, you can't go deep into the playoffs w/o a true scoring inside producer.