Bruno
04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_tayshaun_prince.jpg
Born: Feb 28, 1980
Height: 6-9 / 2.06
Weight: 215 lbs. / 97.5 kg.
College: Kentucky
Years Pro: 8

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tayshaun_prince/career_stats.html)

ChuckD
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Thirty two. Rebelliousness manifesting in this past season. Pass.

sasffl
04-20-2011, 04:00 AM
I guess him won't accept less than MLE

ChuckD
04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I guess him won't accept less than MLE

I'm guessing after the coaching assassination in DET last year, he won't be offered that. Who wants a snake in their locker room?

Pistons < Spurs
04-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Tay wasn't always the most professional player ... not just this year, but for many years now ... but snake? No way. The so called player protest this year was wayyy overstated IMO and was probably less true than reported. Sadly he's been on a team where for the last 3 years, the head coach has been unexperienced and unprepared. Michael Curry and John Kuester should never have been given the job. And the players knew that. Tay was, from a bball IQ standpoint, the smartest player in the room at all times. I understand his being frustrated and exasperated. Should he have been more professional? Of course. But I get it. He, Rip and all the others had to be pretty ticked off at their situation. And at times they allowed their frustrations to come to the forefront. Tay pretty much nailed his carer averages yet again continuing to display his consistency year after year and showing no sign of wearing down. Tay is simply used to competing. Having the games mean something. That unfortunately hasn't been the case the last several seasons. Put him on a team that isn't in complete disarray. Give him a scenario where the coach isn't an idiot and has a level of respect amongst players. Put him in an organization that isn't handicapped by ownership issues, a organization that shows through actions it's doing everything it can to get better. Do those things and Tay is a huge piece of the puzzle to being a contender. His versatility, consistency and IQ make any team better.

From a Pistons standpoint, it's time for him to go. We need to start anew. But not for a minute do I think Tay is a bad apple. Nor do I believe his age will keep him from being a really good player for at least his next 3-4 year contract. He isn't worth 10+ million a year, but I'd be shocked if he's reduced to an MLE type of player (of course with the whole CBA issue who knows the implications).

Marcus Bryant
04-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Would be a nice pickup.

Buddy Holly
04-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Would the entire LLE be enough?

DesignatedT
04-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Better than RJ.

Bill_Brasky
04-30-2011, 02:30 PM
I've wanted Prince since 05. He would be a huge pickup.

Spur-Addict
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
All depends on the price tag. Although, i'm wondering if he would even have an interest in playing in SA.

100%duncan
04-30-2011, 09:29 PM
nice player but we need younger guys imo

ace3g
05-01-2011, 12:06 PM
definitely could have used some of this in the Grizzlies series

nbE2AErpLQ4&feature=player_detailpage

DesignatedT
06-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Prince would be great if we could somehow ship RJ out. A Prince/Leonard rotation at the 3 would be fantastic.

CGD
06-27-2011, 10:36 PM
nice player but we need younger guys imo

Never thought I'd say this about a Spurs team, but I'd like a hardened vet like Prince with the youth we have on the wings. Anderson, Butler, Green, & Leonard. Really wish there was a realistic way to get him here...

k_nguyen93
06-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Never thought I'd say this about a Spurs team, but I'd like a hardened vet like Prince with the youth we have on the wings. Anderson, Butler, Green, & Leonard. Really wish there was a realistic way to get him here...

McDyess connection + Buford magic/NBA amnesty clause.

Ditty
06-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Would be nice at the end of the whole lockout that there is still a MLE, and we use it on Prince, and Clippers make a trade for Jefferson,and Blair to get us Kaman. One could imagine.

Kaman/Splitter
Duncan/Bonner :depressed
Prince/Butler/Leonard
Anderson/Manu/Neal
Parker/free agent/Joseph

Maybe pick up another back up PF,or Mcdyess comes out of retirement for a late season, and playoffs push, and get another insurance big man like Aaron Gray,Nazr,or Pryzbilla.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
The Pistons had opportunities to trade Prince before the trade deadline but passed on them. Dumars suggested Prince would hold more value to the team in the offseason in a sign and trade. That doesn't mean that's how things will play out in the end, but I'd be shocked if both Dumars and Prince didn't at least try to work something out to help both him and the Pistons.

Detroit was planning to go big with the #8 draft pick, but when Knight fell to them they had to take him. But we're still looking for a big to play alongside Monroe. I expect Joe D will be using Prince or Rip in some sort of move that help with that.

No, that doesn't mean we'll take Bonner off your hands!

Utah might be a target team though. (Al Jefferson,Memo,Millsap,Kanter,Favors)

k_nguyen93
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Kanter and Favors would have to stay in my opinion. Jefferson and Millsap can score but don't really bring Pistons any defense to be honest.

xellos88330
06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
No, that doesn't mean we'll take Bonner off your hands!

But but... he will spread the floor.

You sure??? :D