PDA

View Full Version : Rick Adelman will not return as Rockets' head coach

Ari Gold
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
who are some possible replacements for adelman?

04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
if true, the bigger question is where will adelman go? miami bound if the heat suffers an early exit?

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
He never recovered from early in the century when we beat his ass like a drum.

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
No wonder Houston sports teams are struggling. They're run by morons. Adelman made this team respectable.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:02 PM
78 & BR, the day after, makin' sense & acting like somebodies. Shit, twixt Mono's radio show keepin' him neutered & the Hornet's resurgence this Forum is like shaved pussy.

baseline bum
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Shit, Houston's going to drop to the 10-seed next year without Adelman.

Indazone
04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
link??

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:08 PM
78 & BR, the day after, makin' sense & acting like somebodies. Shit, twixt Mono's radio show keepin' him neutered & the Hornet's resurgence this Forum is like shaved pussy.

Making sense is what I do. Its my religion. I sin from time to time. But I fall back on it when I need to.

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Les Alexander, you cocksucking cumguzzling faggot face piece of shit!!! It was YOU who decided to trade for broke back McGrady and draft lego-man. You who hired JVG who was always overrated for his defense and shitted the bed in the playoffs. You set this franchise back 2 decades. And to Daryl Fat Elvis Morey, fuck you you piece of shit with yur bullshit geek faggot stats.

Thanks Adelman for making this team respectable with the hand you were dealt. Those faggots can have themselves a suicide party

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Les Alexander, you cocksucking cumguzzling faggot face piece of shit!!! It was YOU who decided to trade for broke back McGrady and draft lego-man. You who hired JVG who was always overrated for his defense and shitted the bed in the playoffs. You set this franchise back 2 decades. And to Daryl Fat Elvis Morey, fuck you you piece of shit with yur bullshit geek faggot stats.

Thanks Adelman for making this team respectable with the hand you were dealt. Those faggots can have themselves a suicide party

+10000

Stupid Rockets :bang

Indazone
04-18-2011, 05:14 PM
If this is true, Rocketsfans should all sign up for the Charlie Brown school of Lucy Van Pelt Field Goal Kicking.

TE
04-18-2011, 05:16 PM

Dang you mad.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:18 PM
The club never recovered from the Yao disaster. They put all their hopes, dreams, plans, strategies (short & long term), money, everything into Yao. And then when disaster struck they went immediately against that tide. It was senseless. They cast their lot with Yao. Until his predicament was & is decided a comprehensive moratorium on movement should have been insitituted. It could have been on the qt (no one need know outside the mgmt team), but, it's just been one kneejerk mistep after another in the shadow of Yao.

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
we were never going anywhere with that piece of shit at general manager who talked all this shit about bringing in a star....no hire can fix this...NONE!!!

Pelicans78
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
They were even lucky to get out of the Ariza contract.

All they needed was to be patient, find a legit center to help cleanup the defense.

alchemist
04-18-2011, 05:23 PM
crofl Daryl "The God" Morey

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:25 PM
we were never going anywhere with that piece of shit at general manager who talked all this shit about bringing in a star....no hire can fix this...NONE!!!

And as much as Scola would a been a boon for San Antonio he just can't carry the Rockets. It's frustrating watching them try to ride Scola. It's impossible. So now everybody is frustrated & flat-earred.

Watching your team fall apart like this is a rare & incredible on-going sight. It's shocking & sad.

Indazone
04-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Say what you want Cubby, Portland is missing Odom and had injuries to Roy and Pryzbilla and they still made the playoffs. Granted Adleman's teams overachieved but I view this more as a front office failure than the coaches.

Indazone
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Adleman pushed this Rockets team further and farther than anyone else could have. He nearly got a team with a 6'6" center and a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players into the playoffs. He was pissed off when Morey traded Brooks and Battier away and forced him to play Patterson, Lowry, Budinger and Lee those minutes. It's the winning after the trades that probably did him in. Morey sitting in his armchair is thinking, we'd be in the playoffs if he'd have played my players.

djohn2oo8
And as much as Scola would a been a boon for San Antonio he just can't carry the Rockets. It's frustrating watching them try to ride Scola. It's impossible. So now everybody is frustrated & flat-earred.

Watching your team fall apart like this is a rare & incredible on-going sight. It's shocking & sad.
exactly. and its not always the case for a team to have a coach who is perfect for that team in place. But I will tell you this Cubby, I swear to God, I swear to FUCKING God if Alexander rids us of Adelman and signs Yao to another deal, I will go to his house, slit all his tires, punch him in the face, fuck his wife (provided she looks decent) and pull a tonya harding on Yao's leg. Oh yes, I'm bringing the skunker

Pelicans78
Say what you want Cubby, Portland is missing Odom and had injuries to Roy and Pryzbilla and they still made the playoffs. Granted Adleman's teams overachieved but I view this more as a front office failure than the coaches.

I think Portland just had better depth and made better moves at the deadline. They're trying to stay in it. I get a feeling Houston are going in the opposite direction. Looks like they want to start over.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM

But, you were all in (physical assets, completely mentally engaged) with Yao. Your people made that decision under auspices & certain guarantees by/of Stern in NY and the across the seas.. You didn't have to. You chose to. Whether it was the right or wrong decision cannot be discussed. It's not proper to throw that in your face. The horse has left the barn.

You were poleaxed by the catastrophe that is Yao. Your people were in essence in a state of shock. To make almost immediate transactions in that mental state was monumentally reckless. You could not get to where you were aiming for with Yao...without Yao.

IronMexican
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM
lolomg what a dumb move by Houston.

Ari Gold
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
everyone go to clutchfans.net to check out a forum meltdown hahahaha

Def Rowe
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Cool. We'll take him next season.

Indazone
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
The Rockets are a carbon copy of the Sacremento Kings right down to their knee jerk management, trades, drafts and coaching hires. We are going to suck forever until Les and Morey get their heads out of their asses.

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
everyone go to clutchfans.net to check out a forum meltdown hahahaha

NOOOO!!!! The dumbassery on that site could make you go blind. And Mario Elis is a name out there

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
*Elie

Indazone
04-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Maloofs and the Sacremento Kings knee jerk firing of Adleman, hiring Mussleman and then firing him. Hiring Reggie Theus and then shit canning him. Then hiring Westphal. Why do I get the feeling the Rockets are on the same Merry-Go-Round?

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Maloofs and the Sacremento Kings knee jerk firing of Adleman, hiring Mussleman and then firing him. Hiring Reggie Theus and then shit canning him. Then hiring Westphal. Why do I get the feeling the Rockets are on the same Merry-Go-Round?

Cuz Les Alexander is a dumbass

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Ind & dj, conversin'.

Just like the old days.:toast

Christ, that two years went by in a blink.

Indazone
04-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Ind & dj, conversin'.

Just like the old days.:toast

Christ, that two years went by in a blink.

Yep so did the creepy child molesting posts of Culburn. May he RIP! LOL

tlongII
04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Adelman's a great coach. This is an incredibly stupid move by the Rox.

baseline bum
04-18-2011, 06:37 PM

He's definitely someone to consider after Nate flames out in the first.

tlongII
04-18-2011, 06:42 PM
He's definitely someone to consider after Nate flames out in the first.

If Nate left I would be ecstatic to get Rick to replace him. Nate ain't flaming out in the first though.......unlike the Spurs.

Giuseppe
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Yep so did the creepy child molesting posts of Culburn. May he RIP! LOL

:rolleyes

Kai
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I think it was a mutual decision, with more Adelman not wanting to return than the other way around. Rick signed up to coach T-Mac and Yao to a championship. through no fault of his own, he ended up with Kevin Martin and Luis Scola.

mavsfan1000
04-18-2011, 08:02 PM
A good offensive coach. Defense is a different story.

Indazone
04-18-2011, 08:16 PM
If we gotta get a new coach and I can't stand rehashing has beens from other teams who have failed, then I'll put these two guys at the top of my list.

Mike Budenholzer – Longtime Spurs assistant, would be strong candidate in Tom Thibodeau mold.

Mario Elie – Former Rockets champion has paid dues with San Antonio, Golden State and Sacramento

And hell to the no on any Van Gundy!

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 08:27 PM
If we gotta get a new coach and I can't stand rehashing has beens from other teams who have failed, then I'll put these two guys at the top of my list.

Mike Budenholzer – Longtime Spurs assistant, would be strong candidate in Tom Thibodeau mold.

Mario Elie – Former Rockets champion has paid dues with San Antonio, Golden State and Sacramento

And hell to the no on any Van Gundy!

only problem is we still have no goddamn center...maybe this was the plan all along to rebuild, still would have liked to have adleman here....still, fuck Les...Martin has said he wants no part of a rebuilding process, his value is at a high because of an injury free season, might as well trade him and Scola...just blow it up some more

sook
04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
dumbest fucking move ever.

This organization carries way too much drama that stems from the dickhead faggot ass owner.

EVERY FUCKING PLAYER LITERALLY WENT OUT AND ASKED FOR HIM TO BE RESIGNED.

Its getting hard to follow this team with such a shitty FO.

The one constant in this equation remains untouched. A certain Center that has player 5 games in 2 seasons...

sook
04-18-2011, 08:30 PM

i think everybody knew this.

The owner was probably the only one in the entire city thinking otherwise. Year after year the disprespect for the players and for the coaches as well.

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 08:31 PM
dumbest fucking move ever.

This organization carries way too much drama that stems from the dickhead faggot ass owner.

EVERY FUCKING PLAYER LITERALLY WENT OUT AND ASKED FOR HIM TO BE RESIGNED.

Its getting hard to follow this team with such a shitty FO.

The one constant in this equation remains untouched. A certain Center that has player 5 games in 2 seasons...

the way this organization conducts business will continue to be the reason no major players will want to play here

sook
04-18-2011, 08:33 PM

this post is full of so much win win win.

+1000000

InTheCrust
04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Coaches like Adelman are a dime a dozen.

Rockets= F:lolcked for the next 70 years

djohn2oo8
I know it isn't saying much, but the Rockets were the one relief we had from them being total dumbasses like the Texans and Astros. Cleveland of the South we are

sook
the way this organization conducts business will continue to be the reason no major players will want to play here

yea, its truly a very sad thing. Until Les sells the rox or has a revelation that rapes him in the ass, I don't see anything changing.

sook
04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Highest winning percentage in team history, first series win since 1997..

it makes no fucking....sense....whatsoever.

djohn2oo8
04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Slow down lil nigga. No one is fucking you, that lil gook cock of yours is a laugher. I noticed you don't find the manga shit funny at all...:lmao

The manga shit is funny in and of itself, but what's hilarious is you using naruto lines to pick up fat bitches. The sad part is when you tell them you're 28:lol

4>0rings
04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm sure who ever coaches Houston, it will come from the San Antonio front office.

lefty
04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
who are some possible replacements for adelman?
Popovich

sook
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
The 64-year-old Adelman went 193-135 in four seasons with the Rockets. The .588 winning percentage was the highest among the 11 full-time coaches the franchise has had. Adelman led the Rockets to their only playoff series victory since 1997. His career record is 945-616 and ranks eighth in all-time wins.

"I have enjoyed my time in Houston over these past four seasons," Adelman said in a statement. "We accomplished quite a bit, despite overcoming numerous obstacles during the past few years.

"I especially enjoyed coaching this group of players the past two seasons," he said. "Despite difficult circumstances, they never gave in and they never quit. It was a joy coming in every day and working with such a group of dedicated players and coaches. I wish them all the best."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6384752

:lol:lol:lol:wow:lmao

k its sitting in. :bang:bang:bang

ShoogarBear
04-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Can we have Scola back now?

Roxsfan
04-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Scola for Bonner and cash.:flag:

ShoogarBear
04-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Will $20 million be enough?

NewJerSpur
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
The defensive oriented Joe Dumars goes in a surprising direction: Rick Adelman to Detroit, book it!!

Kai
04-19-2011, 01:50 AM
I'd love to see What Rick Adelman could do with a few Healthy superstars like Phil has had the luxury of having his whole career. I bet he would do wonders for the Heat.

GuerillaBlack
04-19-2011, 07:01 AM
http://www.pistonscast.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/terrence-williams1.jpg

Team only started playing well once Morey traded away Battier and Brooks without consulting with Adelman.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 07:05 AM
I'd love to see What Rick Adelman could do with a few Healthy superstars like Phil has had the luxury of having his whole career. I bet he would do wonders for the Heat.

Ademan had a solid chance in Sacramento, turned away from his talent and lodged his lot with the referees, patronizing & preemptively petitioning them repeatedly.

It was a decision he lived to regret.

Indazone
04-19-2011, 09:59 AM
The Heat? Just give Adleman the Hornets or the Magic and see what he does. For that matter, the Knicks.

Indazone
04-19-2011, 10:08 AM
However, knowing Stern and the NBA. Watch Phil Jackson retire and Adleman takes over for the Lakers and leads them to 5 more championships :(

Trading Artest for Ariza was an absolute fail!

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Trading Artest for Ariza was an absolute fail!

:lmao Everybody bet their bottom dollar he'd implode.

Nobody was more sorry that he didn't than Pierce standin' out there lookin' the fool, Ron blisterin' his ass.

Just like that.

Rummpd
04-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Move Pop upstairs and hire a more motivated and adjustable coach to the talent of the team, i.e., Adelman.