PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ESPN Poll

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 09:28 AM
The ESPN poll shows that most fans give Detroit the edge in Front,Back-court and Coach, by far!

The media sees us as favorites, but in the general population's eyes, we're underdogs looks like.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1379

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Well I think the average fan is going to look at it and say, "Well Pistons are defending champs, of course they should be favorites." And then there's teh fact that I think the Pistons got a lot more coverage by virtue of the Shaq angle and the series going seven so a lot more people watched the Pistons play some very good basketball. Couple that with the general lack of respect that the Spurs get and it's really not too surprising. However I think most of the educated basketball world knows that this is going to be a great series between two great teams.

Useruser666
06-07-2005, 09:37 AM
This poll is just another shining example of how ESPN polls don't no jack shit.

They have the front court as Tim, RASHO, and Bruce.

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 09:37 AM
WTF? I have voted on this think and it is shocking me that Tim Duncan was the one chosen to take the last shot? Umm...wtf, why would Horry be your guy? It is obvious that Billups...or Sheed, or Hamilton would be our guy, (lol) but come on. Horry is a BAD ASS

TwoHandJam
06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Horry is good. That Ginobili guy is pretty good too.

Did I mention Tim?

SpurYank
06-07-2005, 09:59 AM
My grandkids want to see Shaq, big dunks, run and gun, FUN Basketball! And they really don't care who wins.

Their fathers and I, on the other hand, old hands at watching professional sports, and much, much more educated on what it takes to WIN, appreciate the analytical minds both coaches have, as well as strategies to offset the strengths of the opposition. We see strategic time-outs for what they are, expert-minds fulfilling their individual roles in a team sport and doing their part to bring a victory. When this happens, we sit a little closer to the TV, as if we were going to be in on the strategy about to unfold.

People who want to see run and gun are pulling for RUN and GUN and thunderous dunks (worth exactly two points, BTW). Stars like Shaq, AI, Pierce, et al, want the ball to bring the victory. I see Duncan and most of the Spurs looking for the open man to take the most appropriate shot. Truly, a team in the full sense of the word.

That, my friends, is why the Spurs have the best record in professional sports. Larry Brown is a lot like that, too. He just doesn't stay put long enough to accomplish a record like Popovich. Thus, making this game much, much more interesting than Heat Vs Suns.

Like Mike G. said on Mike and Mike. Which do you want to see? a 2-1 thriller of a baseball game, or a 12-8 ending with scores in every inning?

Give me the former. One pitch and the game may be tied, and extra innings (or overtime).

duncan_21
06-07-2005, 10:02 AM
You also have to remember that det probably has a larger supply of fans.

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Detroit has the advantage in Coach, Frontcourt, Backcourt on that poll...

Yet...

On the same poll the leading option is Spurs in 6.

Rofl...

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 10:07 AM

Yet...

Rofl...

LOL Ya I was trying to figure that one out too.

Useruser666
06-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Everybody on the Spurs sucks, but the Spurs are the best team.

Obi wan Ginobili
06-07-2005, 10:11 AM
So true.

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 10:11 AM

Yet...

Rofl...

Yeah, weird. but if you see the %s its veery close.

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 10:20 AM
It's Go Time Once Again For Our Boys In Red/white/blue.
It Should Be Fun. You Didn't Want The Heat In There. It Wouldn't Have Been A Series.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:22 AM
actually I did want the Heat in there....I thought they were an easier matchup for the Spurs.

TNT21
06-07-2005, 11:36 AM
The ESPN poll shows that most fans give Detroit the edge in Front,Back-court and Coach, by far!

The media sees us as favorites, but in the general population's eyes, we're underdogs looks like.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1379

Good, I like it that way! But hey, they are the Champs till someone beats them, they've earned that much! GO SPURS GO!