PDA

View Full Version : Refcalls.com: New site to track bad calls by the zebras

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Since so many of you are obsessed with the refs, check this site out and what it's about. Bookmark it, report to it, and let's see what happens next..

http://refcalls.com/

hH4Yh1MjwZQ

Here’s a summary of the video above if you’d rather read than watch:

If you’re a basketball watcher, you can probably remember many times when the refs made bad calls. We can all agree, it’s frustrating. The kicker is when the refs can change the outcome of the game with one blow of the whistle.
Lets face it…we’ve all done it…yelling, screaming, even texting our friends, “How could they (the refs) miss that? How could they have not seen that?” Well, it’s just a waste of time that doesn’t do any good…but there’s really never been one place where fans could go to hold the refs accountable. At least until now.
RefCalls.com is a place where you can report bad calls and missed calls you see in NBA and college games. We’ll review those calls and publish the most impactful — or downright HORRENDOUS — calls and missed calls from every basketball game each night, and we’ll explain why we believe the call or no-call was wrong. And of course, you are welcome to comment to let everyone know how you feel about the call or the call that was missed.
We’ve been analyzing ref calls for a pretty long time, and we understand the nuances of the rulebook. We even have on board a former basketball ref who can provide a ref’s perspective for those really tough calls where getting their opinion might help us. And if you disagree with our assessment of a call that we publish on RefCalls.com, you can always provide your opinion in the comments section.
But RefCalls.com isn’t a place where we’ll just throw refs under the bus all the time. Believe us, we know how hard it is for refs to officiate basketball games, and when a ref makes the correct call or no-call in a crucial situation, we’re going to give that ref credit, too. By giving credit where credit is due — while also holding them accountable for bad calls — we think basketball fans will become more aware of what makes a call correct or not.
Now keep in mind that there could be some games where there aren’t really any meaningful bad calls to publish, like in the case of an early blowout where a bad call isn’t going to affect the outcome of the game. However, we’ll still log them into a database so we can eventually provide some information about individual refs, like how they rank against each other.
There’s another thing we want to capture that just doesn’t tell you how the refs are performing in games. We know there’s a lot of players out there who like to flop, but there’s really no place where the top flops are archived, so we’re going to catalog those, too, and may feature it on our sister site TopFlops.com (http://topflops.com/). Who knows, maybe by us bringing more attention to the floppers, it will help rid the game of ALL flopping.
We have created another video on how you can get involved to help us improve the game of basketball, which we encourage you to checkout at RefCalls.com/report (http://refcalls.com/report).

rayjayjohnson
04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
This site should be shut down.

Not surprising

Killakobe81
04-18-2011, 09:23 PM
This site should be shut down.

If stern has it way it will be he will probably confiscate the videos claiming they were used without permission.

Look i feel for Blazers, Nuggets and Knicks fan. and I said they got hosed ...in those game threads. It's over move on. It's like whining over your high school sweetheart, when you have a date with hot new freshman (college) ... whining about calls does little unless you are Phil Jackson. :lol

Even the NBA's admission of their mistake does jackshit for the Nuggs. In fact, that would piss me off more.

REfs are atrocious but their only bias is for home-teams and superstars. If you at home you get breaks and if you have superstars you get calls BOTH home and away bottom line.

If you dont like it watch something else ...bitching and moaning accomplishes little. I understand for a few hours it will hurt and you need to vent I get that ... but you have to grow a pair and move forward.

rayjayjohnson
04-18-2011, 09:38 PM
The Knicks celts game has no conspiracy, why would stern care if the Knicks win?

Lakerfans alone shoul want this site gone

TD 21
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Look lil nigga, we got hose by the refs last year, and we still won it. If you want results... just win.

Yep, it's that easy. All it takes is one fringe top ten all-time player, an All-NBA caliber big and two All-Star caliber bigs who are between 6-10 and 7-2 or 3 . . . and favorable officiating whenever it's needed most. That's all. Why aren't the other 29 teams following this simple formula?

TD 21
04-18-2011, 10:14 PM
To say Kobe is a fringe top 10 player is like saying Duncan is a fringe top 50 player. Get over it... Kobe is top 5.

Duncan is a clear cut top ten all-time player. Bryant is a fringe one, who's benefited greatly from revisionist history and the media's/league's unyielding obsession with brainwashing casual fans into thinking he's in the same stratosphere as Jordan.

It's not about disliking him (even though I do), because I was not a fan of Jordan (I don't mind him now) and am not a fan of O'Neal, yet I have no problem saying that Jordan is the greatest player of all-time or that O'Neal is a top ten all-time player.

Killakobe81
04-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Duncan is a clear cut top ten all-time player. Bryant is a fringe one, who's benefited from revisionist history and the media's/league's unyielding obsession with brainwashing casual fans into thinking he's in the same stratosphere as Jordan.

It's not about disliking him (even though I do), because I was not a fan of Jordan (I don't mind him now) and am not a fan of O'Neal, yet I have no problem saying that Jordan is the greatest player of all-time or that O'Neal is a top ten all-time player.

First of all he was trolling ...though he may believe it.

And even if you say Duncan is superior arguing that it's not close makes you lose any credibilty TD21 and you are better than that. IF Duncan is top 10 lets say for arguments sake at 8 ...even if you dislike Kobe or his shot first game Kobe has to be 9 or 10 so that is a fail. If kobe is not top 10 than neither is Tim. They played in the same era, have a similar number of rings and competed many times in the playoffs with both leading their team to victory. Duncan is more efficient, Kobe with the better traditional numbers. Anyone that makes this type of argument is biased, and pretty much is on my list of homers. I think Kobe is greater but freely admit it's close. And duncan is better than Shaq, they both are career wise TBH ...Shaq only has a "peak" argument with Tim or Kobe ...he was more dominating at his best than either but his peak was much too short, cuz he got fat and lazy.

stretch
04-18-2011, 10:26 PM
funny how people complain that the Mavs got all this bullshit officiating, yet there is nothing from that game on here

Reck
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
People still respond to lakaluva's posts on here?

rayjayjohnson
04-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Look lil nigga, we got hose by the refs last year, and we still won it. If you want results... just win.

Would you understand me better if I wrote right to left, like they do in manga comics?

TD 21
04-18-2011, 10:47 PM
First of all he was trolling ...though he may believe it.

And even if you say Duncan is superior arguing that it's not close makes you lose any credibilty TD21 and you are better than that. IF Duncan is top 10 lets say for arguments sake at 8 ...even if you dislike Kobe or his shot first game Kobe has to be 9 or 10 so that is a fail. If kobe is not top 10 than neither is Tim. They played in the same era, have a similar number of rings and competed many times in the playoffs with both leading their team to victory. Duncan is more efficient, Kobe with the better traditional numbers. Anyone that makes this type of argument is biased, and pretty much is on my list of homers. I think Kobe is greater but freely admit it's close. And duncan is better than Shaq, they both are career wise TBH ...Shaq only has a "peak" argument with Tim or Kobe ...he was more dominating at his best than either but his peak was much too short, cuz he got fat and lazy.

I'm aware. I'm just saying.

It's not close. One is historically a clear cut greater player. We've been through this before, I'm not going to re-hash it all and argue semantics with you.

O'Neal's peak lasted longer than he's given credit for. He's similar to Duncan in that his prime basically started the instant he walked into the league. His absolute peak was roughly 98-03, but you go back and look at his stats, the guy was a monster through '06. There's no question he could have been even greater though.

Killakobe81
04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm aware. I'm just saying.

It's not close. One is historically a clear cut greater player. We've been through this before, I'm not going to re-hash it all and argue semantics with you.

O'Neal's peak lasted longer than he's given credit for. He's similar to Duncan in that his prime basically started the instant he walked into the league. His absolute peak was roughly 98-03, but you go back and look at his stats, the guy was a monster through '06. There's no question he could have been even greater though.

I feel ya,wasnt opening it back up. but to say it's not close is silly but to each his own. I wont do Duncan the same disservice or my my reputation for basketball knowledge either ...

BTW not saying shaq didnt put up great numbers, amd of course he won.but you are a numbers guy and that is enough for you. Shaq missed games that's why this is no surprise. How could a younger shaq be relied on to be in shape and healthy when the younger one could not for 82 games? Playoffs yes he still was beast up until the Finals when miami won ...but he should of been greater MUCH greater.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Duncan could have been higher up in relatively meaningless all-time regular season scoring, if he was a stats obsessed punk, who had an agenda and put irrelevant shit like that ahead of the team. As far as rebounding goes, that stat basically can't be taken seriously until the past roughly thirty years. Since then, he's somewhere around the top ten. Had he not spent the full four years in college, he'd be even higher.

The only reason the Spurs were a good team from 01-04 was because of Duncan. The load people talk about Howard carrying now, he was carrying then. He did everything for the team and they took him for granted, gave him little help as he aged and because he's not a puke, he didn't publicly complain until he was given an advantage over the rest of the league.

KillaKobe81, I'm not a numbers guy, in the sense that I formulate my opinions through numbers. But rather, I use numbers to confirm what I already think.

rayjayjohnson
04-18-2011, 11:20 PM
lol I never get tired of Jim Duncan.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
He may have been higher if he hadn't stayed in college to try and win a title, and he failed at that too. Kobe would be over 30k points for his career if he had come in on a sorry team like AI, MJ, and other guys, but he chose to play for the Lakers and come off the bench. Who gives a fuck.

Bryant's a little whiny bitch and had to have arguably the most dominant big man ever/followed by the most dominant front line in the league to carry his ass to titles. The reality is, he never could win a title without a significant advantage. Duncan never needed an all-time great in his prime or a significant advantage to win titles.

If Bryant weren't obsessed with irrelevant stats and besting Jordan in every possible thing in a desperate attempt to convince the masses that he's superior to him, he wouldn't have nearly as many points as he has now.

He's not in Duncan's class and none of these pathetic, ass kissers in the media pretended any different until '08. Then somehow he went from not in the discussion with Duncan and O'Neal to supposedly leaving them in his dust. As if he suddenly got better.

Killakobe81
04-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Bryant's a little bitch and had to have arguably the most dominant big man ever/followed by the most dominant front line in the league to carry his ass to titles. The reality is, he never could win a title without a significant advantage. Duncan never needed an all-time great in his prime or a significant advantage to win titles.

If Bryant weren't obsessed with irrelevant stats and besting Jordan in every possible thing in a desperate attempt to convince the masses that he's superior to him, he wouldn't have nearly as many points as he has now.

He's not in Duncan's class and none of these pathetic, ass kissers in the media pretended any different until '08. Then somehow he went from not in the discussion with Duncan and O'Neal to supposedly leaving them in his dust. As if he suddenly got better.

See TD21, we were having a sensible back and forth and you let Luva suck you in. Using terms like bitch puts you square in the homer club, and yet I know you have good basketball sense under your bias.

Luva I feel ya, Kobe is better. But using stats such as scoring is just like the assclowns who use PER to argue Manu is close to Kobe or Lebron is way better. You cant have it both ways. I do think the rebounding number is a great point though, you would think Duncan would have more considering he was one of the dominant big men of his era ...and considered by many on here one of the best defensive anchors of the past 15 years ...

Se

cobbler
04-18-2011, 11:33 PM

Laughable. Barely cracks the top 5 centers of all time. Could have been the GOAT but with his work ethic it's not even close. And with the continued jumping on coattails it only gets worse.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
As a player he's always been better than Shaq and Duncan. Of course the media loves to front run, so you never heard his name mentioned when his team sucked, yet he was still torching the league in ways only a few players have ever done.

No, he never was (in their primes). The media loves to front run when it's the Lakers. They never kissed the Spurs ass like this, not even close. In fact, they did the opposite. Every time they were on top, they were made out to be vulnerable.

"Torching the league". Iverson "torched the league", so did McGrady, so did many others. Stackhouse averaged just under 30 ppg one season. Who cares? If Duncan were selfish and wanted to shoot 20-25 field goal's per game in his prime, he'd have piled on thousands more irrelevant regular season points.

rayjayjohnson
Peep, Spurfan is so fucking fickle. Some time ago I accidentally typed Dunan for Duncan, and it set a few of these fucks off. So I said hmmm, let me see how they react to Jim instead of Tim. Low and behold, it chapped their fucking asses.

"His name is not Jim, it's Tim"

Agreed. I've had some of these weak fucks try and chew me out for calling him Jim Duncan

His name is Tim.

Killakobe81
Laughable. Barely cracks the top 5 centers of all time. Could have been the GOAT but with his work ethic it's not even close. And with the continued jumping on coattails it only gets worse.

This. And this is why many Laker fans prefer Kobe. Sure he is an adulterer, egotistical and shot happy. But we never question his work ethic or dedication to his craft ...Shaq?! Negro, please ...

rayjayjohnson
04-18-2011, 11:38 PM

don't make me lol.

kobe is top ten, and shaq will always be one place above him.

rayjayjohnson
04-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I tell you one thing, and I'mma let you finish, but kobe bryant is the best rapist of all time

Killakobe81
04-18-2011, 11:40 PM
No, he never was (in their primes). The media loves to front run when it's the Lakers. They never kissed the Spurs ass like this, not even close. In fact, they did the opposite. Every time they were on top, they were made out to be vulnerable.

"Torching the league". Iverson "torched the league", so did McGrady, so did many others. Stackhouse averaged just under 30 ppg one season. Who cares? If Duncan were selfish and wanted to shoot 20-25 field goal's per game in his prime, he'd have piled on thousands more irrelevant regular season points.

This is getting worse and worse TD21 ... that is just like me saying that Kobe could of had a higher PER if he had better shot selection and cared about meaningless Hollingeresque stats.

If we talk about stats all we have is what they did not what they could of done.
MJ Could MAYBE have more titles and obviously more points but he quit for baseball. The IF game is a losing battle when debating great players.

TD 21
04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
This is getting worse and worse TD21 ... that is just like me saying that Kobe could of had a higher PER if he had better shot selection and cared about meaningless Hollingeresque stats.

If we talk about stats all we have is what they did not what they could of done.
MJ Could MAYBE have more titles and obviously more points but he quit for baseball. The IF game is a losing battle when debating great players.

Right. That's why Duncan was so efficient. It wasn't because he's naturally unselfish and had a ridiculously well rounded game.

It's indisputable. Duncan is unselfish. Had he wanted to, he could have shot with impunity in his prime, in a desperate attempt to rack up as many irrelevant regular season points as possible. Bryant is a stats whore and we all know why he is.

You Lakers fans are so hypocritical. You call out Spurs fans for being "butthurt" every time they debate one of you (aka, talk sense into you), then throw a fit every time someone acknowledges O'Neal's greatness and all that Bryant benefited from. This is why you're the most pathetic fan base in the league.

Killakobe81
04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Right. That's why Duncan was so efficient. It wasn't because he's naturally unselfish and had a ridiculously well rounded game.

It's indisputable. Duncan is unselfish. Had he wanted to, he could have shot with impunity in his prime, in a desperate attempt to rack up as many irrelevant regular season points as possible. Bryant is a stats whore and we all know why he is.

You Lakers fans are so hypocritical. You call out Spurs fans for being "butthurt" every time they debate one of you (aka, talk sense into you), then throw a fit every time someone acknowledges O'Neal's greatness and all that Bryant benefited from. This is why you're the most pathetic fan base in the league.

LOL why you so mad? We were having a good discussion! Oneal is great who denies that? and Kobe did benefit (ring wise) from playing with him, but was hurt (stat wise) because he was forced to share. That does not change the fact that Shaq was not as great as he should be, Kobe is considered by most to be a greater player than Duncan (especially after the past 3 years) and you never answered Luva's points about his rebounding totals ...lemme guess he is so unselfish that he wanted to pad the totals for: Nazr, Oberto, Horry, dice. Blair and David ...is that what you are saying?! LOL

I get that he is unselfish, especially compared to Bryant.But as lazy as Shaq is his rebounding numbers are better IIRC ...how would grabbing more boards hurt the team?

Again I think duncan is great I just think Kobe is greater. and unlike Luva I think Duncan is probably at least top 15 of guys I have seen probably top 10.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
The last 2 by Bryant broke the backs of his haters. They now live on pure venom.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
No one is denying that. So was MJ, so was Osar, so was Kareem, so was Bird, so was Stockton, so was Magic, so was Malone.

Lebron too. He seems to relish his triple doubles especially.

LnGrrrR
04-19-2011, 12:01 AM

Except in the Finals. :toast

TD 21
04-19-2011, 12:01 AM
LOL why you so mad? We were having a good discussion! Oneal is great who denies that? and Kobe did benefit (ring wise) from playing with him, but was hurt (stat wise) because he was forced to share. That does not change the fact that Shaq was not as great as he should be, Kobe is considered by most to be a greater player than Duncan (especially after the past 3 years) and you never answered Luva's points about his rebounding totals ...lemme guess he is so unselfish that he wanted to pad the totals for: Nazr, Oberto, Horry, dice. Blair and David ...is that what you are saying?! LOL

I get that he is unselfish, especially compared to Bryant.But as lazy as Shaq is his rebounding numbers are better IIRC ...how would grabbing more boards hurt the team?

Again I think duncan is great I just think Kobe is greater. and unlike Luva I think Duncan is probably at least top 15 of guys I have seen probably top 10.

See, this is what I mean. I'm not at all mad, but this is what you guys do when an actual basketball discussion breaks out. "Why u mad?", "why u butthurt". You guys minimize his greatness and the amount Bryant has benefited from his presence, his current front lines presence and revisionist history. Bryant is considered that based on these pathetic ass kissers in the media, who have brainwashed the masses, so that they can draw more viewers by pretending this punk is Jordan's equal.

What about his rebounding? He's one of the greatest rebounders of all-time, genius. O'Neal is a significantly worse rebounder than Duncan. Obviously, he leads him in total rebounders, because he's played five more seasons. But look at rebound percentage.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:05 AM
See, this is what I mean. I'm not at all mad, but this is what you guys do when an actual basketball discussion breaks out. "Why u mad?", "why u butthurt". You guys minimize his greatness and the amount Bryant has benefited from his presence, his current front lines presence and revisionist history. Bryant is considered that based on these pathetic ass kissers in the media, who have brainwashed the masses, so that they can draw more viewers by pretending this punk is Jordan's equal.

What about his rebounding? He's one of the greatest rebounders of all-time, genius. O'Neal is a significantly worse rebounder than Duncan. Obviously, he leads him in total rebounders, because he's played five more seasons. But look at rebound percentage.

I know you know I am reasonable so read what you wrote.

"kobe is a little "bitch"

"Worst fan base in the NBA"

"this punk"

Maybe for you those words come out of love or some kind twisted admiration, but to most sensible people in a calm but heated debate they would appear to be angry words or "butthurt".

LnGrrrR
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I think the "Jim Dunan" schtick is pretty funny, tbh.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Killa, I've never been one to that bought into the whole Kobe needed Shaq bullshit. I've always watched this team close for decades, and I remember Kobe being the go to guy from day one going all the way back to the air balls. It took Kobe some time for his skills to catch up with his mind, but by 2001, that was Kobe's team. Sure, Shaq was the man down low, just as Kareem was for Showtime, but just as everyone knew it was Magic's team, we all knew it was Kobe's team. Shaq never demanded the ball in crunch time. You can't find not one game winner in an important game from Shaq throughout his entire fucking career. Better yet, give me a stretch when he was a Laker that he took over the game in the last two minutes. You can't, he was too busy running from the ball.

I agree with most of what you say and when you not trollin or warring you actually one of the best Laker fans on here. Cully would of folded without you we all know this. I agree the lack of dedication to his craft and clutch plays are the blight on Shaq's GOAT resume just like Colorado, and Game 7 last year will be on Kobe's ...that being said of COURSE Kobe was greater. And Kobe has already proven he could win with a lessor big man than shaq ...heck even fat Shaq would not score only 8 in a Game 1 ...even with foul trouble. love him or hate him shaq always brought it in Game 1's. in those days Kobe was already the closer especially on the road where Shaq would be in foul trouble frequently ...

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:11 AM

I like TD21 but LOL

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Duncan could have been higher up in relatively meaningless all-time regular season scoring, if he was a stats obsessed punk, who had an agenda and put irrelevant shit like that ahead of the team. As far as rebounding goes, that stat basically can't be taken seriously until the past roughly thirty years. Since then, he's somewhere around the top ten. Had he not spent the full four years in college, he'd be even higher.

The only reason the Spurs were a good team from 01-04 was because of Duncan. The load people talk about Howard carrying now, he was carrying then. He did everything for the team and they took him for granted, gave him little help as he aged and because he's not a puke, he didn't publicly complain until he was given an advantage over the rest of the league.

KillaKobe81, I'm not a numbers guy, in the sense that I formulate my opinions through numbers. But rather, I use numbers to confirm what I already think.

Are you sure you are not mad?

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:25 AM
When I got to this board, the Laker fans were lunch meat for Spurs fans ham sandwich. It was impossible to debate Kobe vs Duncan because Duncan had won 4 and Kobe had won three with Shaq, and he was a rapist. Now that Kobe has dominated the league in ways that Duncan never could, even without Shaq, and with a much lesser big man that is soft, and Neal raped, everyone gets upset. Spurfan don't care about rape anymore. Pau has magically become the best big man in the league all while being pathetically soft. These fuckers love to turn the tables. Yet they fail to mention that since 2006, Duncan has been the 3rd option behind Paker and Manu. You see what happens if Manu is not fully healthy, they are a shit team. Look at them, they're looking at another sweep as we speak.:lmao

I do remember some of that. First it was he needed shaq.Now it's that he is "center dependent" or some other bullshit theory.
Yet, it's us Laker fans and the media creating revisionist history? LOL

Also though I respect Duncan more than most on here respect Kobe and definitely more than you, they clung to the PF status to enhance his reputation. We all know Duncan has really been the true center of this team since 2008 he is much too slow to play PF's ...but any spur fans would not let it go ...Spurs FO too ...squeezed a few more accolades that way.But yet Duncan does not care about stats or accolades even though he INSISTED on being called a PF? LOL

Now this past year when it's convienent now he is a center. Duncan is the best PF and out of the guys I saw only behind Kareem, Hakeem, as a big man just above shaq. And ahead of Ewing and David ...

Sure not as shot happy or egotistical as Kobe but dont act like he does not care about his legacy either ...just like Kobe.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Duncan has been a center ever since Rasto left years ago. He was only a PF until 2005 or 2006. He's been a center since and an ok center.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
I saw on NBA.com just today, "Kobe will need an experienced coach to win after PJ." It's always something with this guy. The critics won't shut up until he passes MJ in points and rings, which will happen.

WTF? in what context?

I love how Pau pussies out but yet Kobe is the issue ...Odom and Pau better do something with the early touches they asking for.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:35 AM
I saw on NBA.com just today, "Kobe will need an experienced coach to win after PJ." It's always something with this guy. The critics won't shut up until he passes MJ in points and rings, which will happen.

I don't think he will pass him in rings. He may tie him this season, but that could be it. Unless they add different pieces. I don't see him winning a ring with this current cast beyond 2011. They suck balls mostly. Even Gasol.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Duncan has been a center ever since Rasto left years ago. He was only a PF until 2005 or 2006. He's been a center since and an ok center.

I agree but was giving him the benefit of the doubt ... LOL he had stopped guarding KG, amare etc. by then.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't think he will pass him in rings. He may tie him this season, but that could be it. Unless they add different pieces. I don't see him winning a ring with this current cast beyond 2011. They suck balls mostly. Even Gasol.

Fair point. The roster is solid but not built for the long haul. We have struggled at replacing fish or finding him a reliable backup. Same with Kobe.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:38 AM
I agree but was giving him the benefit of the doubt ... LOL he had stopped guarding KG, amare etc. by then.

Do you remember him trying to guard Amare in 2005? It was ugly. Spurs won the series, but.....

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Fair point. The roster is solid but not built for the long haul. We have struggled at replacing fish or finding him a reliable backup. Same with Kobe.

Yesterday's game proved how overrated the supporting cast is. Kobe abused a great defender like Ariza, but Paul and Jack dominated Fisher and Brown, Gray outplayed Bynum easily, Gasol was a non-factor against Gray or Mbenga, and Landry and Smith outplayed Odom. Without Kobe, Hornets win that game by almost 20 pts.

Juggity
04-19-2011, 12:41 AM
"Jim Dunan" is literally the laziest insult/troll I have ever heard, ever. :lol

TD 21
04-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Are you sure you are not mad?

Absolutely. I have never been angered by a message board conversation and never will be, even if some of my words indicate (to some) otherwise. And anyone that is has issues.

I know luva's act and all the others, but that doesn't mean I can't engage in an actual basketball discussion with them and when I do, it doesn't mean I'm "butthurt". Every time someone doesn't have a response to something, that's the go-to line. No one can say anything anymore without that being thrown around. It's ridiculous.

Bryant's an all-time great player and in terms of their actual ranking, it's not as if I have them 50 spots apart. But that doesn't change the reality that he's become overrated historically in recent years, has had far more to work with/fortune than Duncan and the fact that the only time in his career he had to carry a load similar to that of Duncan's, he failed miserably.

BRHornet45
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Sons Kobe isn't a top 5 player and Duncan isn't a top 10 player.

Bito Corleone
04-19-2011, 07:11 PM
BR, with the goods

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Sons Kobe isn't a top 5 player and Duncan isn't a top 10 player.

BR with the "hates"

Budkin
04-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Peep, Spurfan is so fucking fickle. Some time ago I accidentally typed Dunan for Duncan, and it set a few of these fucks off. So I said hmmm, let me see how they react to Jim instead of Tim. Low and behold, it chapped their fucking asses.

"His name is not Jim, it's Tim"

Ah that's where the Jim thing came from... been wondering about that for a while. As for that ref site... it needs to be shown to the entire officiating staff every night.