PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers series is going 7 games

Nathan89
04-19-2011, 12:55 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/act_aaron_gray.jpg

Who else thinks this series is going 7 games if Gray is healthy the rest of the series?

These are the stats for the guys the last three games.

Bynum
12&6
13&5
13&9 Total-38pts/20rebs
Gray
10&10
7&7 18min
12&1 +25 Total-29pts/18rebs

Advantage goes slightly to Bynum. What I did notice was that Bynum could not budge this guy on the offensive end. Bynum couldn't get anywhere near the rim and was forced to take a jumpshot(made it), but I rarely ever see that. This match takes away a huge laker advantage against most teams.

Looking at the stats it looks like some of the Hornets over performed but one must take notice of the players that under performed. Ariza and Okafor combined for average of 21pts per game this season. They only manage to score 10pts on 4-17fg attempts.

On the other side both Pau and Odom under performed. NO was capable of roughing Pau up and taking him out of his finesse game. NO surely is not going to be able to hold him to 8pts(2-9fg) but they should be able to keep him below his season averages if they play fiscal playoff basketball. Odom had a bad game as well only scoring 10pts and getting 1 rebound. He has been playing great all year and was due for one bad game. It just happened to be the first game of the playoffs against NO, wrong. His last two game against NO this year he recorded 9pts/5rebs and 8pts/5rebs. These numbers are significantly lower than his season averages of 14.4pts/8.7rebs. Which makes you wonder if NO also has the ability to throw the Lakers 6th man off his game. This should scare any Laker fan given the talent of the rest of the bench players.

The comparison of the the teams top players Kobe and Paul. One would think that the Lakers have a clear advantage but given the oppositions respective defender the edge goes to Paul. Fortunately for NO the Lakers weakest link is the pg position and the strongest for NO is pg. I expect to see a lot more of the Paul from game 1 in the games to come. Not one defender on the Lakers can contain him and they can't pack the paint because of his ability to shoot the ball. Kobe had a great game shooting 50%fg but he rarely does that even against poor defending teams, so that will probably drop.

Couple more points to make. The Lakers shot 6 for 13 from three in game 1. A percentage that is very unlikely to continue during the rest of this series. Ron Artest played better than I would expect him to play in the games to come.

Heres to Lakerfan praying that Gray is out the rest of the series.:toast

4>0rings
04-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Lakers roll the next 4. I'm just glad NO extended the series a game. That's an extra game for Bynums knee to go hiroshima on his ass.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 01:00 AM
I doubt Gray plays Game 2. He's in a walking boot right now. Big loss unless Mbenga steps up or Okafor can stay out of foul trouble because Bynum can't and won't be able to back down Gray in the paint. Plus, Gray is a smarter player on the floor and will use that to his advantage. Hornets won't change their strategy. They're going to use their quickness to attack the rim. They easily won the points in the paint by penetrating every possession. They only shot 10 threes that game. Really depends on how well Jarrett Jack can play and if they can get Bynum in foul trouble again forcing Odom to guard Landry which he can't. Gray's loss does hurt. If the Hornets can pull out a victory tomorrow which is a monumental task and maybe impossible with Gray out, the series is over.

Nathan89
04-19-2011, 01:06 AM
I doubt Gray plays Game 2. He's in a walking boot right now. Big loss unless Mbenga steps up or Okafor can stay out of foul trouble because Bynum can't and won't be able to back down Gray in the paint. Plus, Gray is a smarter player on the floor and will use that to his advantage. Hornets won't change their strategy. They're going to use their quickness to attack the rim. They easily won the points in the paint by penetrating every possession. They only shot 10 threes that game. Really depends on how well Jarrett Jack can play and if they can get Bynum in foul trouble again forcing Odom to guard Landry which he can't. Gray's loss does hurt. If the Hornets can pull out a victory tomorrow which is a monumental task and maybe impossible with Gray out, the series is over.

:wow Oh shit! Hornetsfan just said this is a must win for the Lakers.

ElNono
04-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Lakers have been dropping turds for a few weeks now... At any rate, they go as far as Gasol takes them, so if Pau wakes up this will be over soon...

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 01:11 AM

It is. They're not going to easily steal games in a hostile Saints-like crowd this weekend. The city will respond to yesterday's shocker. The Hive will be roaring. If the Lakers somehow lose Game 2, its over. They're not going to win two games on the road. NOLA fans will sense something crazy happening and will respond just like they did for the Saints. Lakers need to win Game 2. No ifs, ands, or buts.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2011, 01:12 AM
It is. They're not going to easily steal games in a hostile Saints-like crowd this weekend. The city will respond to yesterday's shocker. The Hive will be roaring. If the Lakers somehow lose Game 2, its over. They're not going to win two games on the road. NOLA fans will sense something crazy happening and will respond just like they did for the Saints. Lakers need to win Game 2. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Agreed.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Lakers have been dropping turds for a few weeks now... At any rate, they go as far as Gasol takes them, so if Pau wakes up this will be over soon...

Monty knows that and he's game-planning to make sure Gasol doesn't dominate. He will give Kobe whatever, but is planning to make sure Gasol stays quiet. Gray's loss hurts because he was there to neutralize Bynum. Now they have to continue to put Okafor on Bynum instead of Gasol. Hornets want Gasol and Odom in the game because Okafor has a better chance of defending Gasol compared to Bynum and Hornets also think they have an advantage with Landry/Smith against Odom.

rayjayjohnson
04-19-2011, 01:20 AM
5 games. no more.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 01:22 AM
5 games. no more.

Just like the OKC-Den series.

ElNono
04-19-2011, 01:22 AM
Monty knows that and he's game-planning to make sure Gasol doesn't dominate. He will give Kobe whatever, but is planning to make sure Gasol stays quiet. Gray's loss hurts because he was there to neutralize Bynum. Now they have to continue to put Okafor on Bynum instead of Gasol. Hornets want Gasol and Odom in the game because Okafor has a better chance of defending Gasol compared to Bynum and Hornets also think they have an advantage with Landry/Smith against Odom.

I expect Okafor to be in foul trouble early. I think the home cooking will be severe. Sorry, but I don't think the league is interested in the Lakers losing tomorrow.

Nathan89
04-19-2011, 01:28 AM
5 games. no more.

This guy is a doctor:lol. He must know something.

BanditHiro
04-19-2011, 01:30 AM
it really can...

Chris Paul knows he owns the lakers front court...there is not a god damn thing fisher or artest can do to stop him, and its not like packing the paint will do much either since Chris Paul is an excellent shooter from the outside.

Chris Paul will stat pad so much in this series because he knows this is his ticket out of New Orleans to a big fat contract the best point guard in the league deserves (rose is probably better but whatever).

Kobe will notice a star shinning brighter them him, and as the arrogant piece of shit he is, he will try to one up him and fail because he is over the hill. In the process, he will ball hog so much Pau Gasol and company will never get to an offensive rhythm. Kobe has return back to the Hornets...

Nathan89
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Why do you put so much stock into a 4ppg 3rpg fat boy? Series ain't going 7, with or without some overweight backup big.

Hmmm... Still not over the departure of Tyson Chandler:lol

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 05:19 AM

It is.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 05:20 AM
At any rate, they go as far as Gasol takes them

I said it first. El, gettin' his fart catcher on.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Homie, you can't close us out. That's some hard shit to do, and you and your welfare team got a free lunch in that first game. The soup line is closed from here on out.

You're right. The Lakers may not have come out ready to play in Game 1 and its not going to be easy closing out the defending champs. But, if the Lakers slip up Game 2, its pretty much going to be out of reach.

Muser
04-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Lakers in 6.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 08:20 AM
4ppg 3rpg backup bigs don't put an 8 seed over the top against the defending champs. lol thinking i'm a hornet fan

He doesn't put the team over the top. He just neutralizes Bynum. Paul and Jack were the biggest reasons for the Hornets winning. Gray is a role player and his job is to neutralize Bynum making it easier to double Gasol. They're going to put Ariza on Kobe one-on-one regardless of how many the Mamba scores. They're going to try to stop Gasol at all costs.

SomeCallMeTim
04-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Could go 7. I think 5 or 6 much more likely, but 7 games wouldn't shock me. The Lakers losing... yeah, now that would shock me.

I'll remind folks that the 00 Lakers and the 08 Celtics got taken to the limit in the opening round vs. vastly inferior teams.

Darth_Pelican
04-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I would let Gray's ankle heal up for game 2 and rest him till Friday night. The Lakers are going to be nearly impossible to beat Wednesday with or without him, as they are going to feel like they are playing for their season.

I agree with Hornets78 that it's going to be hard for the Lakers to win both games in NO as there will be hostile crowds for both. I'm pumped to be attending them.

I see the series being tied at 2-2 after 4 games.

After that, I could see the Lakers getting serious and putting the Hornets away in the next 2. So at this point I see the series going 6 games.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Going to 6 games would be a big accomplishment for the Hornets. No one expected them to win a single game.

pad300
04-19-2011, 10:19 AM

Y'all remember what was said in the Spurs-Hornets series in 08. The Spurs were fucked because they had to go to New Orleans for game 7... Remind me which team pulled that out again?

Findog
04-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I think the Lakers will eventually take this, but they have nobody to guard Paul. Reminds me of the Houston series from two years ago when Fisher couldn't guard Brooks. You're supposed to stay home on everybody else and force him to carry the scoring load. 33 points and 14 assists is not doing that.

SomeCallMeTim
04-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Going to 6 games would be a big accomplishment for the Hornets. No one expected them to win a single game.

Ask Kobe how much he enjoys his 2006 "Took Em to 7 Games When Series Was Supposed To Be Done in 5" participation medal.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Ask Kobe how much he enjoys his 2006 "Took Em to 7 Games When Series Was Supposed To Be Done in 5" participation medal.

Exactly.

We're not doing that here. You either win the last game this June, or, you're in last place with the 28 other teams.

We're all grown men. The same standard of measure applies to us all.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Y'all remember what was said in the Spurs-Hornets series in 08. The Spurs were fucked because they had to go to New Orleans for game 7... Remind me which team pulled that out again?

Different. Hornets didn't win a road game so it came down to just one game. Hornets blasted the Spurs in 3 of the games so going 3-1 is no fluke. Injuries aren't an excuse, but having Chandler and West injured late in Game 5 made a big difference. They were useless in Game 7. CP3 had to carry the team and he wasn't good enough to do it.

Losing Game 2 would be a huge blow to the Lakers. That means they would have to win more than one game in New Orleans. The Spurs only had to one road game in that series. Big difference.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:17 AM

We also have to be realistic as well.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
I think the Lakers will eventually take this, but they have nobody to guard Paul. Reminds me of the Houston series from two years ago when Fisher couldn't guard Brooks. You're supposed to stay home on everybody else and force him to carry the scoring load. 33 points and 14 assists is not doing that.

What hurt the Lakers in Game 1 was everyone for the Hornets were attacking the paint, especially once Gray put Bynum in foul trouble. Hornets aren't a perimeter shooting team. They have to drive to the basket to score and that's not going to change. Honestly, making Paul shoot perimeter jumpers like he did in the 4th should be the game plan. He hasn't been consistent in making them this season.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Bynum couldn't get anywhere near the rim and was forced to take a jumpshot(made it), but I rarely ever see that.

He wasn't "forced" to take a jumpshot you imbecile. He was wide open at the top of the key with the shot clock winding down. Mandrew has always had a nice touch on his jumper.

Booharv
04-19-2011, 11:25 AM
You're supposed to stay home on everybody else and force him to carry the scoring load. 33 points and 14 assists is not doing that.

That would work if Paul was just isolating and going for his points that way, but they are running a lot of pnr and when Fisher gets velcroed to some of these screens it throws their whole defense out of whack. Either Paul gets a free lane to the basket causing players to either leave their man and rotate to him or give up a free layup or Paul ends up on Pau. Tbh they should just double Paul as soon as he tries to set up a pnr next game.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:27 AM
He wasn't "forced" to take a jumpshot you imbecile. He was wide open at the top of the key with the shot clock winding down. Mandrew has always had a nice touch on his jumper.

He does, but the Lakers want him and Gasol to control the paint. They didn't do that in Game 1. Hornets aren't going to double team Bynum or Kobe. They will keep Ariza on Kobe one-on-one. If Gray is out, Bynum has to dominate Okafor and Mbenga. That will change the game completely. Bynum won't be be able to control Gray in the paint. He's too big and I don't think Bynum has his mobility back to go around him. Hornets aren't going to let Gasol dominate. Other guys are going to have to step up besides Kobe.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 11:30 AM
He does, but the Lakers want him and Gasol to control the paint. They didn't do that in Game 1. Hornets aren't going to double team Bynum or Kobe. They will keep Ariza on Kobe one-on-one. If Gray is out, Bynum has to dominate Okafor and Mbenga. That will change the game completely. Bynum won't be be able to control Gray in the paint. He's too big and I don't think Bynum has his mobility back to go around him. Hornets aren't going to let Gasol dominate. Other guys are going to have to step up besides Kobe.

Bynum played 25 minutes while Pau logged 37 minutes and closed the 4th quarter. Switch those minutes around and the Lakers win that game.

Phil is just toying with Bees right now.

z0sa
04-19-2011, 11:31 AM

A great point. The Lakers' biggest weakness is at the 1 position - both their lack of talent there, and their inability to guard anyone with talent 1 on 1 there.

And if they think the Aaron Brooks treatment will work on CP3 .. they already know what could happen. Besides, CP3 has good motivation to dominate after his heart's been doubted all season.

Booharv
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
A great point. The Lakers' biggest weakness is at the 1 position - both their lack of talent there, and their inability to guard anyone with talent 1 on 1 there.

And if they think the Aaron Brooks treatment will work on CP3 .. they already know what could happen. Besides, CP3 has good motivation to dominate after his heart's been doubted all season.

Paul is not scoring 1 on 1. For the most part he is operating via the pnr.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Bynum played 25 minutes while Pau logged 37 minutes and closed the 4th quarter. Switch those minutes around and the Lakers win that game.

Bynum had good numbers in game one, but he got in foul trouble early and had a -15 overall. Gray had a +25. That's a huge difference. Alot of it came when Bynum was playing with the 2nd unit. Those guys got torched by the Hornets bench.

z0sa
04-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Paul is not scoring 1 on 1. For the most part he is operating via the pnr.

They're switchign the pick and rolls and he's getting all his scores 1 on 1. If they choose to double or hedge screens harder so the defender can recover or trap or stuff like that, then no, he is no longer scoring 1 on 1. I assume they will do a large mixture of all that in G2.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Besides, CP3 has good motivation to dominate after his heart's been doubted all season.

He quit. He's nobody to blame but hisself.

We're just unfortunate to be standing there when he got done check cashing for 82 games.

ohmwrecker
04-19-2011, 11:38 AM

So, Phil wanted to lose that game? That makes sense.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 11:43 AM
and had a -15 overall. Gray had a +25. That's a huge difference. Alot of it came [B]when Bynum was playing with the 2nd unit..

No shit. Which makes posting +/- retarded. Bynum was doing a standup job contesting shots despite some questionable foul calls.

The point is Bynum and his defensive effort should have been playing with the first unit in the 4th. Pau and Odom gave a shameful display out there.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Pau and Odom gave a shameful display out there.

Again:::with Pau it is expected, but, to witness Odom backslide like that was mind numbing.

"shameful" is accurate.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 11:46 AM
LOL Spurs might not even get to a 7 games series ..and yal talking shit ... LOL

All jokes aside I expect the Lakers and Spurs to both win with teh Spurs maybe wiining by a larger margin than the Lakers TBH ...

But spurs have more worries than we do at the moment Grizz are tough and I think after Game 1 they will go to Battier more especially on the road. Allen is a better option but you cant play Sam young in a big road game just yet ...

ohmwrecker
04-19-2011, 11:49 AM
But spurs have more worries than we do at the moment

::cough:: Bynum's knee ::cough::

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:50 AM
No shit. Which makes posting +/- retarded. Bynum was doing a standup job contesting shots despite some questionable foul calls.

The point is Bynum and his defensive effort should have been playing with the first unit in the 4th. Pau and Odom gave a shameful display out there.

Wouldn't have mattered. Lakers perimeter had no answer for Paul or Jack. That's why Hornets scored so many easy baskets in the paint. Gray was in the paint waiting for easy passes. Hornets penetration but Bynum in foul trouble.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 11:51 AM
^As Manu sits there lookin' pisser in his Ship & Shore ensemble.

He was adorable!!!

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 11:52 AM
::cough:: Bynum's knee ::cough::

Concern yes, but he played through his injury. Came up big last year with one too ...helped us win #16 too

Booharv
They're switchign the pick and rolls and he's getting all his scores 1 on 1. If they choose to double or hedge screens harder so the defender can recover or trap or stuff like that, then no, he is no longer scoring 1 on 1. I assume they will do a large mixture of all that in G2.

The only time he went 1 on 1 is when he had Pau or some other big on him and that came via pnr. I think he isolated on Fisher 2-3 times. Most of the time he broke the D down off the pnr. He got into the paint off of screens for the most part.

Giuseppe
Wouldn't have mattered. Lakers perimeter had no answer for Paul or Jack. That's why Hornets scored so many easy baskets in the paint. Gray was in the paint waiting for easy passes. Hornets penetration but Bynum in foul trouble.

78:::"every chamber filled!"

You're like Mono, Manu & Burke=adorable.

Isitjustme?
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Itss funny how with all this advanced study of basketball the pick and roll is something that still kills team and is unguardable in certain scenarios. Its like the oldest, simplest play in the book and it still works.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 11:58 AM
The biggest thing that surprised me was Paul making his jumpshots. I didn't expect that, especially in the 4th. That's why the Hornets pulled it out. Usually he has trouble shooting over tall defenders. I'm still skeptical of him making those. Hasn't been consistent all season. I would still switch the bigs on him and make him shoot over them or drive to the basket.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM

The Lakers won back to back with no answer at the 1.

The only thing that doesn't matter is NO winning game 1 as it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Besides that, you aren't even a real Hornets fan. :lol

Kyle Orton
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
lol Hornets78 all the sudden becoming a PG fan who thinks the PG position makes a giant impact in the playoffs

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Well, he is now.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
The Lakers won back to back with no answer at the 1.

The only thing that doesn't matter is NO winning game 1 as it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things.

One loss doesn't mean anything at all. A Lakers win in Game 2 would put the pressure on the Hornets in New Orleans.

However, a Game 2 loss changes everything.

I just want the Mavs to have the easiest road as possible.

z0sa
04-19-2011, 12:05 PM
The only time he went 1 on 1 is when he had Pau or some other big on him and that came via pnr. I think he isolated on Fisher 2-3 times. Most of the time he broke the D down off the pnr. He got into the paint off of screens for the most part.

Well, he does have amazing court vision and can't score 75 points every night. That doesn't change the fact he's able to get a score 1 on 1 pretty much any time he wants, against any defender on the Lakers. I think we're arguing the same point here :lol

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
lol Hornets78 all the sudden becoming a PG fan who thinks the PG position makes a giant impact in the playoffs

Dennis Johnson, Magic, Isiah, Chauncey :toast

Actually, if you look at positions since 1985 when I was old enough to remember watching sports and guys who were the best players on the championship teams, it goes like this.

C Kareem, Dream, Shaq
PF Duncan
SF Bird
SG Jordan, Kobe, Wade (Bennett Salvatore)
PG Magic, Isiah

I didn't include Chauncey since that team was so balanced and I think Sheed and Rip were just as important. Plus, Magic could play any position so he's not the typical PG. But if you look at that list, basically the best way to success is a dominant center or having the best player in the game or the help of referees in Wade's case.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:11 PM
One loss doesn't mean anything at all. A Lakers win in Game 2 would put the pressure on the Hornets in New Orleans.

However, a Game 2 loss changes everything.

I just want the Mavs to have the easiest road as possible.

No. The pressure doesn't release for us until 3-1. Until then we're at extreme risk.

At O-2 it's over. We'd throw the towel, head, enmasse for the South Seas & the Internet shopping catalogs.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Actually, I left out Wade as well.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 12:15 PM
At O-2 it's over. .

The Lakers have overcome worse.

Actually, I'd like to see 0-2 happen. Adversity like that brings out of the best in Kobe/Phil. Odom and Pau would have no other choice but to play their asses off if they want to remain employed in LA. Imagine what Buss would do after a 1st round exit coming off a back to back.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Actually, I'd like to see 0-2 happen. Adversity like that brings out of the best in Kobe/Phil. Odom and Pau would have no other choice but to play their asses off if they want to remain employed in LA. Imagine what Buss would do after a 1st round exit coming off a back to back.

At 0-2, its pretty much over. I really believe so. I could be wrong, but I think the Lakers will be walking into a hornets nest this weekend.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:23 PM

They've had enough, 21. Sure, Kobe would rather play grab ass with his hammer & tong thru mid-June, instead of going home to that pedestrian fare, but, the others, they'll take it only if it's handed to 'em, but, if they're resisted like NO is resisting them they'll face up decline. Kobe gets his back up when resisted, the others get scared and its 50/50 whether they'll fight, or take flight. They've fought over 36 months straight. Flight looks like shaved pussy to them.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
They've had enough, 21. Sure, Kobe would rather play grab ass with his hammer & tong thru mid-June, instead of going home to that pedestrian fare, but, the others, they'll take it only if it's handed to 'em, but, if they're resisted like NO is resisting them they'll face up decline. Kobe gets his back up when resisted, the others get scared and its 50/50 whether they'll fight, or take flight. They've fought over 36 months straight. Flight looks like shaved pussy to them.

I'm starting to agree, but we'll see how they come out in Game 2. They may suffocate the Hornets offense and Bynum could get going against Okafor and Mbenga allowing Gasol to get going. Anything is possible. Right now, the question is who wants it more.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:27 PM
At 0-2, its pretty much over. I really believe so. I could be wrong, but I think the Lakers will be walking into a hornets nest this weekend.

O-2 would be a defining statement of their current worth. Bryant enjoys getting inside a wire with Fish, backs up against a wall and fighting to the last man. It's like an orgasm to him. Money from home to us. To the others it's (work) and drudgery. They may say it isn't, but, to only Kobe that is true.

2 for most of them, 1 for the others is enough. They're not hunting & trailing Jordan. Bryant is.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 12:31 PM
O-2 would be a defining statement of their current worth. Bryant enjoys getting inside a wire with Fish, backs up against a wall and fighting to the last man. It's like an orgasm to him. Money from home to us. To the others it's (work) and drudgery. They may say it isn't, but, to only Kobe that is true.

2 for most of them, 1 for the others is enough. They're not hunting & trailing Jordan. Bryant is.

Kobe definitely wants it. He played well in Game 1. Putting up 34 against Ariza isn't an easy task, but Kobe did it efficiently. No one else stepped up. Bynum was fine, but he can only do so much against the Big Sloppy. Gasol and Odom look like they're ready for a vacation and Fisher just doesn't have it in him. Artest played a fine game, but the Hornets aren't worried about him.

Greg Oden
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
has 21_Blessings predicted a backdoor fuckin sweep yet?

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
the Hornets aren't worried

& that's the key component. The Hornets don't have to be concerned with "worried." To everybody, sans Kobe, it's debilatating. They figured going in that they wouldn't have "worry" about NO. Uh, uh. To their horror {worry} is calling. They won't answer. [flight] commands them.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
has 21_Blessings predicted a backdoor fuckin sweep yet?

Bend over. I'll give a f'in' backdoor sweep.

Riddler
04-19-2011, 12:41 PM
lakers need to realize they need to win this in 5, because going 6 or 7 not only gives new orleans confidence, but makes Bynum more susceptible to possible injuries all because of wasting opportunities to make this a short series

Greg Oden
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Bend over. I'll give a f'in' backdoor sweep.

You're still waitin' on your mother to stop rotating on that 14 incher.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
^Bend over. I'll give a ya f'in short series.

Greg Oden
04-19-2011, 12:55 PM
speaking of short. has katie girl found someone that can do it right?

Zelophehad
04-19-2011, 12:57 PM
So Giuseppe will post pictures of gay sex on a message board but he won't say fuck?

Booharv
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
He just does that f'in stuff because he thinks it looks cool or something.

Booharv
04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I guess.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 01:03 PM
So Giuseppe will post pictures of gay sex on a message board but he won't say fuck?

It's troll code. Successful, as you are living proof.

tee, hee.

Nathan89
04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
The biggest thing that surprised me was Paul making his jumpshots. I didn't expect that, especially in the 4th. That's why the Hornets pulled it out. Usually he has trouble shooting over tall defenders. I'm still skeptical of him making those. Hasn't been consistent all season. I would still switch the bigs on him and make him shoot over them or drive to the basket.

A couple of days ago SportsNation was talking about how Kobe is only average in clutch moments(statistically). After that the two host asked some stat guy who is clutch. The answer was Chris Paul. They said the Hornets had one of the most effective offenses in the 4th quarter. Paul may not hit a ton of shots in the fourth but apparently he runs the offense effectively.

Killakobe81
04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
A couple of days ago SportsNation was talking about how Kobe is only average in clutch moments(statistically). After that the two host asked some stat guy who is clutch. The answer was Chris Paul. They said the Hornets had one of the most effective offenses in the 4th quarter. Paul may not hit a ton of shots in the fourth but apparently he runs the offense effectively.

LOL he looked great Sunday but no way is he more clutch than Kobe.

BTW, Stat guys will tell you Paul was better than Rose this year ...

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
When he ain't quittin' left & right Paul is pisser.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Main problem for the Lakers will be to stay in front of Paul.

Basically he was able to "switch it on" when it counted such as the Lakers are known for doing.

In the first 3 quarters combined Paul had about 15 pts and over 10 assists and in the 4th quarter alone he score most of the Hornets pts and had only 1 assist. He basically went Kobe on the Lakers in the 4th quarter and he could not be stopped.

If Paul can do this again and consistently 3 more times and Fisher keeps proving how old he is then anything can happen - you can only pray the Lakers' bigs will be able to somehow offset that production.

ohmwrecker
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
The Hornets were a pretty hot team at the start of the season. They made some not so minor roster moves and they had to adjust, but they might be getting hot again at just the right time . . .

Riddler
04-19-2011, 02:51 PM
LOL he looked great Sunday but no way is he more clutch than Kobe.

BTW, Stat guys will tell you Paul was better than Rose this year ...

Kobe is not as clutch as you think

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 02:54 PM

Closing down Sacramento to insure 2nd seed withstanding.

Riddler
04-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Closing down Sacramento to insure 2nd seed withstanding.

you miss about 20 gamewinners or gametiers in a row, odds are u eventually get one

Budkin
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I say NO wins one game at home and it ends in 6.

Nathan89
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM

Kobe is a highlight hero.

Goes 1 for 6 in the last couple of minutes. Which results in a close game and hits a game winner. Highlights will only show the last shot though.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 03:11 PM
you miss about 20 gamewinners or gametiers in a row, odds are u eventually get one

& he got one.

Giuseppe
04-19-2011, 03:12 PM

Goes 1 for 6 in the last couple of minutes. Which results in a close game and hits a game winner. Highlights will only show the last shot though.

That's how you know you win. There's a scoreboard. It's plugged in.

dunkman
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Gasol could make a point tanking the series, I doubt Kobe could make the Lakers advance. He couldn't when in his prime with another 3 HOF's.

For the Lakers, the best bet to survive is to play the triangle, as it gives open looks, and have more players involved. Gasol and Odom already complain about Kobe after the first game of the playoffs.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
No reason for those two clowns to complain. They get hit in the mouth and took the rest of the day off. Kobe, Artest, and Bynum showed up. That was it. Fisher did too and he took his whipping like a man. Didn't fold. He was just helpless. Its gonna be interesting to see how the Lakers come out in Game 2 and how the Hornets respond.

Darth_Pelican
04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
No reason for those two clowns to complain. They get hit in the mouth and took the rest of the day off. Kobe, Artest, and Bynum showed up. That was it. Fisher did too and he took his whipping like a man. Didn't fold. He was just helpless. Its gonna be interesting to see how the Lakers come out in Game 2 and how the Hornets respond.

I wouldn't be surprised if CP3 and Fisher get into a shoving match by the end of the series. Fish is going to try and get under his skin.

InTheCrust
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
NO is gonna need a Herculean effort from their wings if they wanna overcome the loss of Aaron Gray (doubt he's gonna play). But even then, I would still doubt their ability to keep it tight down the stretch.

Hope LA pulls a Mavjob, but you can only hope right?

Budkin
04-19-2011, 09:20 PM
NO is gonna need a Herculean effort from their wings if they wanna overcome the loss of Aaron Gray (doubt he's gonna play). But even then, I would still doubt their ability to keep it tight down the stretch.

Hope LA pulls a Mavjob, but you can only hope right?

The Lakers are the champs... no way that happens.

Pelicans78
04-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Aaron Gray did participate in shoot around some. Still very sore, but much better from yesterday. He's still wearing a walking boot for protection.

Nathan89
04-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Lakerfans should be shitting themselves with the news that Gray will play tonight. This series is going 7 games. Luckily for the Lakers game 7 will be on homecourt but anything can happen.

Even if Bynum can score 15pts on Gray it will be just that on Gray. No double team means Bynum can't get anyone else into the game. The defense should be better on Kobe tonight .

Ariza has good size which should help him guard Kobe's post up game but the team has to step up on the help defense. Help defense is one thing that the footage from game one will improve.

All hope rest on Pau, lets just hope he doesn't get roughed up.

Prediction for tonight is that the Lakers will not score more than 95 points.

Giuseppe
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
^Nate, covered himself no matter what happens.

Ya fuck, you.

Nathan89
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
^Nate, covered himself no matter what happens.

Ya fuck, you.

I wasn't trying to cover myself. Gray is a big obstacle and is going to make Bynum's life hell. Bynum is still capable of scoring 15 which is not very high for a player like him. Against most other teams though they would have to bring a second defender to help on Bynum. Freeing up easy baskets for others.

Still my prediction of 7 games stands.

Tonight LA won't score more than 95pts.

21_Blessings
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I wasn't trying to cover myself. Gray is a big obstacle and is going to make Bynum's life hell. Bynum is still capable of scoring 15 which is not very high for a player like him. Against most other teams though they would have to bring a second defender to help on Bynum. Freeing up easy baskets for others.

Still my prediction of 7 games stands.

Tonight LA won't score more than 95pts.

Remember when you cried to Kori about my trolling upstairs? :lmao

Look how adorable you are now.

cobbler
04-20-2011, 05:36 PM

Kobe is shooting the same % he has for his whole career. Kobe is a constant. His numbers this year are very much the same as they are every year and he played 5 mins less a game. His numbers actually are very similiar to this years going away MVP. What is a remarkable breakout year for the MVP is the same ole same ole for Kobe. Go figure. When it is all said and done, his ability to play at that level for the years, games, and mins he has is what will seperate him from the pack.

Media presentations and trinkets aside, he's one of the greatest to ever play, he's a winner, and I am glad he's a Laker.

Lakers take this series in 6.

Nathan89
04-21-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm calling it now the Bees will win game 3.

Tonight I was disappointed in the aggressiveness of Chris Paul. He really let his team down because we all know he can get a high percentage shot for himself or one of his teammates every time down the court. Instead Paul was just passing it to one of his teammates and basically saying go to work. Does he really expect his team to be able to take it off the dribble and get up a good shot. I fully expect the coach to stress how important his aggression is to the offense. Paul will take in this message and the energy of the crowd to propel him to impose his will. The pick roll and isolation should be in full effect next game.

Lakerfans should be worried because NO is playing with a lot of heart out their. If there is someone who is slacking J. Jack is going to get on their case. I for one loved the passion he showed tonight by getting on his players for not getting back on D. Their heart has show on the defensive end but playing with heart does not alway boost the effectiveness of the offense. What will boost the effectiveness of the offense is going back to play at home. Role players have a tendency to play better and shoot with more confidence at home. Since NO is a team with one star and a bunch of role players the impact of the crowd is going to be huge.

As big of an impact the crowd is going to impact NO role players it is also going to some of the player on LA. Of course LA is experience but I still believe that almost anyone of their players besides Kobe is capable of being impacted to a degree by an opponents crowd.

Kobe Bryant had a stinker of a game tonight. It seems he is making a habit of playing poorly when Lakers are in a must win. Next game he will probably be overly aggressive to a fault. Forcing the issue will not benefit his team.

Yes I know Gray had poor performance but guy just had what looked like a serious injury. Two more days and he should be ready to match up with the bigs of the Lakers. Okafor needs to get his head in the game and stop committing stupid fouls and become more of a force on the offensive end. Once again hopefully playing at home helps both these guy because their play is very important for NO.

The next game will be off of one days rest a big disadvantage to the old Lakers. The table is set for another lackadaisical performance by the Lakers.

Giuseppe
04-21-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm calling it now the Bees will win game 3.

Tonight I was disappointed in the aggressiveness of Chris Paul. He really let his team down because we all know he can get a high percentage shot for himself or one of his teammates every time down the court. Instead Paul was just passing it to one of his teammates and basically saying go to work. Does he really expect his team to be able to take it off the dribble and get up a good shot. I fully expect the coach to stress how important his aggression is to the offense. Paul will take in this message and the energy of the crowd to propel him to impose his will. The pick roll and isolation should be in full effect next game.

Lakerfans should be worried because NO is playing with a lot of heart out their. If there is someone who is slacking J. Jack is going to get on their case. I for one loved the passion he showed tonight by getting on his players for not getting back on D. Their heart has show on the defensive end but playing with heart does not alway boost the effectiveness of the offense. What will boost the effectiveness of the offense is going back to play at home. Role players have a tendency to play better and shoot with more confidence at home. Since NO is a team with one star and a bunch of role players the impact of the crowd is going to be huge.

As big of an impact the crowd is going to impact NO role players it is also going to some of the player on LA. Of course LA is experience but I still believe that almost anyone of their players besides Kobe is capable of being impacted to a degree by an opponents crowd.

Kobe Bryant had a stinker of a game tonight. It seems he is making a habit of playing poorly when Lakers are in a must win. Next game he will probably be overly aggressive to a fault. Forcing the issue will not benefit his team.

Yes I know Gray had poor performance but guy just had what looked like a serious injury. Two more days and he should be ready to match up with the bigs of the Lakers. Okafor needs to get his head in the game and stop committing stupid fouls and become more of a force on the offensive end. Once again hopefully playing at home helps both these guy because their play is very important for NO.

The next game will be off of one days rest a big disadvantage to the old Lakers. The table is set for another lackadaisical performance by the Lakers.

Stings, don't it?

15 more and this? This will be nothing compared to what you're gonna get then.

You won't believe it even as it's happening.

Nathan89
04-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Bump Bitches.

Nathan89
04-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Kobe 5-18fg:lmao

legitimate post will come later

BanditHiro
04-24-2011, 11:37 PM
it really can...

Chris Paul knows he owns the lakers front court...there is not a god damn thing fisher or artest can do to stop him, and its not like packing the paint will do much either since Chris Paul is an excellent shooter from the outside.

Chris Paul will stat pad so much in this series because he knows this is his ticket out of New Orleans to a big fat contract the best point guard in the league deserves (rose is probably better but whatever).

Kobe will notice a star shinning brighter them him, and as the arrogant piece of shit he is, he will try to one up him and fail because he is over the hill. In the process, he will ball hog so much Pau Gasol and company will never get to an offensive rhythm. Kobe has return back to the Hornets...

:toast

Nathan89
04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
:toast

Does it feel good to have your finger on the pulse of the NBA? Feels good to me.