PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have the league-best...

Juggity
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
...Local TV ratings! (http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/04/18/Media/NBA-RSN-ratings.aspx)

The team with the best record in the NBA’s Western Conference also was crowned the league’s local TV champion this year. The San Antonio Spurs finished the season with a 10.19 local rating for its games on FS Southwest, up 52 percent from last year’s mark.

The Spurs’ local TV rating more than doubled that of the high-profile Miami Heat, which saw its local ratings on Sun Sports nearly double to a 4.94 average, third-best in the league. Thanks largely to the arrival of superstar LeBron James, the Heat posted a whopping 99 percent increase in its average rating from last season.

The Utah Jazz posted the No. 2 average rating, at 5.60, up 1.8 percent from last year.

Nice job, SA fans :flag:

SA210
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm sure some moron is going to come in and talk about how our national ratings suck. Anyway, that's pretty impressive, considering all the talk about Miami, LA , etc all the time, when looking at the actual local fan bases, we lead by a huge margin. That's pretty nice.

:tu

ajballer4
04-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm sure some moron is going to come in and talk about how our national ratings suck. Anyway, that's pretty impressive, considering all the talk about Miami, LA , etc all the time, when looking at the actual local fan bases, we lead by a huge margin. That's pretty nice.

:tu

Someones also gonna say something about people just watching on TV and not going to games

SA210
04-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Someones also gonna say something about people just watching on TV and not going to games

:lol

xellos88330
04-19-2011, 11:57 PM

*cough*

GET YOUR ASSES TO THE GAMES!!! :toast

DJ Mbenga
04-20-2011, 12:08 AM
i guess everyone in san antonio watches their games and people outside of them dont bother

41times
04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
What else is there to do but watch the Spurs?

If you live in California you have a million things you could be doing. Same for Miami and New York.

In most cities you have other sports teams to watch: Football, Hockey and baseball.

So it makes sense the Spurs and Jazz have great local ratings.

Maddog
04-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately San Antonio is a relatively small metro area- al
Althought the Lakers rating was half that of the Spurs they still had 3X the number of viewers
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/04/18/Media/NBA-RSN-ratings.aspx

Juggity
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
What else is there to do but watch the Spurs?

If you live in California you have a million things you could be doing. Same for Miami and New York.

In most cities you have other sports teams to watch: Football, Hockey and baseball.

So it makes sense the Spurs and Jazz have great local ratings.

Interpret it however you will, I'll stick with my analysis that that San Antonio fans are amongst the most dedicated in sports, and by local percentage are the most loyal in the NBA.