PDA

View Full Version : Medicaid Shortfall Threatens TX Nursing Homes, Residents

Capt Bringdown
04-19-2011, 10:32 PM
The Texas Legislature is faced with a budget challenge that has pitted the Republican majority’s desire to cut government spending against a vulnerable faction: nursing homes.
(http://www.texastribune.org/texas-legislature/82nd-legislative-session/medicaid-shortfall-threatens-nursing-homes/)

boutons_deux
04-20-2011, 04:30 AM
the country club, corporate-pandering Repugs have targeted, purposely, lots of vulnerable populations, and the social contract in general. the old, the sick, the young, the poor, the disabled, while continuing to demand tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.

Winehole23
04-20-2011, 05:55 AM
the country club, corporate-pandering Repugs have targeted, purposely, lots of vulnerable populations, and the social contract in general. the old, the sick, the young, the poor, the disabled, while continuing to demand tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.How quickly you forget. Obama and the country club, corporate pandering Dems gave them a tax cut just last December. The extension of the Bush tax cuts, 'member? The Dems had Congressional majorities in both houses, plus Obama.

Why do you suppose they all folded up like cheap patio furniture?

boutons_deux
04-20-2011, 06:06 AM
"gave them a tax cut just last December"

... to prevent letting expire the tax cuts for the non-wealthy. Barry wanted tax raises for people in the top decile ($250K), but Repugs said OK, then tax raises for everybody.

Blue Dogs/DINO Dems in the Senate meant the Dems NEVER had control of both chambers, so stop with that lie. Esp not a super majority in the Senate needed to override vetoes of budgetary legislation.

Winehole23
04-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Blue dog/Dino Dems are Dems by free, mutual affiliation. Ain't none been licked out yet, have they?

boutons_deux
04-20-2011, 06:29 AM
The only thing that matters about DINOs, not how they get elected, but how they vote, and they voted against much of health care reform, etc, etc and against Barry on major stuff like taxes for the wealthy.

ManuBalboa
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Nursing homes are ridiculously expensive and 80% are staffed by lazy idiots who treat the old people like crap. I shutter to think how much worse it will get.

ElNono
04-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Nursing homes are ridiculously expensive and 80% are staffed by lazy idiots who treat the old people like crap. I shutter to think how much worse it will get.

My mother-in-law is right now in one (she only has Medicaid coverage) and I can attest this is an accurate description based on our experience. High turnover of lazy/untrained people, wasteful spending and bullshit accounting (IE: tried to bill an x-ray as a cat-scan until we questioned them), subpar care, her doctor is not even allowed in a hospital (?? must be insurance issue, I guess). Conflict of interest (the doctor is the director/owner of the nursing home).

We tried to move her somewhere else, but all beds are either taken, or they don't take medicaid. This is in the Rio Grande Valley area.

boutons_deux
04-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Equity funds, like Carlysle group, have been buying up nursing homes. They have been accused of overworking staff, laying off staff, cutting back on maintenance. Since many nursing home people are on Medicaid, the wealthy equity funds are using nursing homes to suck in taxpayer money.

One huge scam is the pill trolley people, where BigPharma's hit people stuff nursing home residents full of pills.

Anybody with a family member in nursing absolutely must know and dictate how the family member is being drugged.

Wild Cobra
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Snippets to scare everyone, but how can we trust the accuracy?

How about some hard facts rather than scare tactics please.

boutons_deux
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM
"I don't have time. Do your own research"

Wild Cobra
04-20-2011, 12:24 PM
"I don't have time. Do your own research"
That was a beautiful facility. I wonder how over priced it is. I'll bet Medicaid would still cover less expensive places.

How about the producer of the edited video prove their point.

Sorry, it's just a scare tactic since no evidence is provided.

ChumpDumper
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
The elderly should live in squalor.