View Full Version : Welcome to all the Detroit Fans

Kori Ellis
06-07-2005, 10:35 AM
First of all, I noticed a lot of you starting threads saying how much you like the forum. Thanks a lot, that's great -- and I just wanted to welcome you all here. There are no real moderators here - timvp (my husband) and I are the admins and we assign some temporary mods while we go to games. Though there isn't a lot of heavy moderation, don't take that as a sign you can troll (most of you don't seem like the trouble making type though). If you guys need anything, timvp and I can probably answer your questions. If you want your title changed (the thing that says "Lottery Pick" under you name) just tell us in this thread and we'll change it.

Secondly, you guys are right -- this is one of the best basketball boards on the internet for intelligent basketball discussion. But don't let the good times fool you. :lol When the Spurs lose, this board turns to chaos and the fans become as immature as fans anywhere. I'm just warning you guys now.

Also, you guys inquired about vBookie. I think you figured out that it's fake betting. It's just for bragging rights. Before each game, we start a vbookie (i.e. Who will be the games high scorer? Who will score the last basket? ..) After the game (or series) is over, we pay out the bets and they are added to your total. If you lose all your money and get down to zero dollars, then the next time that we post another vBookie event, you get $25 more and you can start over. You can click on vBookie in the black task bar and see who has won the most, etc.

The Pistons are a balanced, well-coached team and their success is predicated on great D, just like the Spurs. There will be a lot of terrific matchups to watch in this series. In the end, whoever executes in crunch time will win.

Spurs in Five.

:princess

easjer
06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm not a Detriot fan, but can I get my title changed anyway?

I'd like for it to say 'I Need a Nap.' Cause that is the one thing that is always true about me. :D

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Thank you, your hospitality is well received.

Pistons in 6

Al Sharpton
06-07-2005, 10:42 AM
This site is not just for white folks, many of my bruthas post here also.

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 10:43 AM
First of all, I noticed a lot of you starting threads saying how much you like the forum. Thanks a lot, that's great -- and I just wanted to welcome you all here. There are no real moderators here - timvp (my husband) and I are the admins and we assign some temporary mods while we go to games. Though there isn't a lot of heavy moderation, don't take that as a sign you can troll (most of you don't seem like the trouble making type though). If you guys need anything, timvp and I can probably answer your questions. If you want your title changed (the thing that says "Lottery Pick" under you name) just tell us in this thread and we'll change it.

Secondly, you guys are right -- this is one of the best basketball boards on the internet for intelligent basketball discussion. But don't let the good times fool you. :lol When the Spurs lose, this board turns to chaos and the fans become as immature as fans anywhere. I'm just warning you guys now.

Also, you guys inquired about vBookie. I think you figured out that it's fake betting. It's just for bragging rights. Before each game, we start a vbookie (i.e. Who will be the games high scorer? Who will score the last basket? ..) After the game (or series) is over, we pay out the bets and they are added to your total. If you lose all your money and get down to zero dollars, then the next time that we post another vBookie event, you get $25 more and you can start over. You can click on vBookie in the black task bar and see who has won the most, etc.

The Pistons are a balanced, well-coached team and their success is predicated on great D, just like the Spurs. There will be a lot of terrific matchups to watch in this series. In the end, whoever executes in crunch time will win.

Spurs in Five.

:princess

Thank you for the great welcome. I look forward to the discussions, and the insight of the Spurs fans.

I am rather impressed with the community here. It's great to see knowledgable fans give intellegent input. Some other communities I've visited could learn alot from the peeps here.

AlamoSpursFan
I suggest that for clarity's sake, all Piston fan posters who aren't Mouse should have the title "I'm not Mouse"

:lol

Spurs in Six

samikeyp
When the Spurs lose, this board turns to chaos and the fans become as immature as fans anywhere

Do not! Do not! Do not! and if you don't take that back I am going to hold my breath until you do! :lol :lol :lol

Kori is right though. We have our share of fans who swear the Apocalype is here when the Spurs lose a game. I think though that comes from their passion for the team and wanting them to be successful...or just that some of them are wack-jobs. :)

SPARKY
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Ghost Writer's cousin from Detroit to SpursTalk.com...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/SiGGY.jpg

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 10:45 AM
We retired Miller. We retired Shaq-foo (for the year). Duncan? Are you ready to receive your retirement?

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Spurs are going to drive a stake through the heart of Larry Brown's coaching career. Pop is gonna cry as he puts that old bastard out of his misery.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:47 AM
since this is the last series....aren't all the players retiring for the year when its over? :)

theMUHMEshow
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Ghost Writer's cousin from Detroit to SpursTalk.com...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/SiGGY.jpg

BRO...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

SPARKY
You wouldn't happen to have any relatives living in Connecticut, would you?

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 10:50 AM
They ARE retiring, but when Detroit retires people, they never are the same. Look at Shaq?

nkdlunch
06-07-2005, 10:52 AM
We're the first ones who beat the almighty Lakers. You're just following our footsteps. Time for 1 last lesson 'fore the summer.

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 10:53 AM
You wouldn't happen to have any relatives living in Connecticut, would you?

no buddy

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
The Lakers team that the Pistons dominated last season was a sinking ship that was breaking up on its way down. They are in for a rude awakening if they think the Spurs are just going to roll over and take anything they have to dish out this time around.

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Change my little thing to

"Sec. 110 row G seat 11-12"

Thanks!

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
We'll see.. Cool site though. Bunch of whiners at the Heat forum. Should be fun once I get acclimated to the sight. Do you Spurs fans have laptops on your horses nowadays? Ride 'em cowdudes..

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Do you Spurs fans have laptops on your horses nowadays? Ride 'em cowdudes..

Do you have a laptop next to your crack pipe,"ready to throw" cup of beer and lighter so you can burn something down?

HULKAROCK
06-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry. It's 10 o'clock there.. Time to shovel the sh1t..

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-07-2005, 11:04 AM
We're the first ones who beat the almighty Lakers.

Been there, done that! ;)
And I'm not talking about last year - 1989 AND 1990.

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'll be the first and maybe last to take on the "I'm not Mouse" title.

Pistons in 7.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry. It's 10 o'clock there.. Time to shovel the sh1t..

so do you often post without actually knowing the truth or is this just a random thing.

looks like we have our second troll. this one lacks the courage and mental ability to type "shit"

tlongII
06-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Welcome Pistons fans!

I will be an honorary Pistons fan during this series as I was born in Detroit and I'm a big Sheed fan. Detroit in 6.

Ishta
06-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Welcome Pistons fans!

I will be an honorary Pistons fan during this series as I was born in Detroit and I'm a big Sheed fan. Detroit in 6.
Oh look who showed up!!! Hold on to your seats:rolleyes

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Nice welcome. From what i've seen so far, you Spurs fans are a well informed, mellow bunch. Unlike the retarded, fair weather fans from Miami, and the blinded by the bull Indiana Pacers fans.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Welcome Freak. Enjoy your stay.

SequSpur
06-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Spurs in 4.

stmfuller
06-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the welcome...can't wait for the series to start.
Pistons in 6.

bdubya
06-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey, thanks for the welcome, and yeah, so far I haven't seen much idiocy from either side (I'll try to do my part). Looking forward to a great series, and GO PISTONS!

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Do you have a laptop next to your crack pipe,"ready to throw" cup of beer and lighter so you can burn something down?

FOR ONE...crack is not HUGE in Detroit. IF I RECALL CORRECTLY in your state, Texas, I BELIEVE HOUSTON IS THE CRACK CAPITOL OF THE USA. We had one guy throw a cup...haha, great come up with something else.

As for burning something down...SINCE WHEN DID WE TURN INTO RED SOX, PATRIOTS OR SPARTAN FANS? MSU is known for the burning...

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:45 AM
FOR ONE...crack is not HUGE in Detroit. IF I RECALL CORRECTLY in your state, Texas, I BELIEVE HOUSTON IS THE CRACK CAPITOL OF THE USA. We had one guy throw a cup...haha, great come up with something else.

As for burning something down...SINCE WHEN DID WE TURN INTO RED SOX, PATRIOTS OR SPARTAN FANS? MSU is known for the burning...

I agree with you totally....I was responding to hulkarocks "cowpoke" post. I was not really serious but why is his ok and mine isn't. I do know that he does not speak for all Piston fans though.

Isn't Detroit known for "Devils night" or did I have the wrong city? Seriously....I am just asking.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Welcome Pistons fans to this excellent forum. This Finals will be great, but in the end, Spurs will win guided by the almighty hand of a long haired Argentinian. You had a chance, but Larry Brown left it outside the playoff roster. Yes, I'm talking about Delfino, he knows Manu, and then he would have trash-talked him. No, Arroyo's accent is not understandable for us Argies. :smokin

stmfuller
06-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Isn't Detroit known for "Devils night" or did I have the wrong city? Seriously....I am just asking.Devil's night was a big thing back in the 80s that was built off the civil unrest in Detroit.
But we can honestly say that Devil's night hasn't been a big deal in quite a while thanks to the wonderful people that care about the city.

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:51 AM
ahh...good to know. Always good to have pride in your city. Too bad Spartan fan didn't learn that! :) I have inlaws in Lansing who are Spartan fans and alums and they were pissed about that.

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Welcome Pistons fans to this excellent forum. This Finals will be great, but in the end, Spurs will win guided by the almighty hand of a long haired Argentinian. You had a chance, but Larry Brown left it outside the playoff roster. Yes, I'm talking about Delfino, he knows Manu, and then he would have trash-talked him. No, Arroyo's accent is not understandable for us Argies. :smokin

Man, that is a good point. Delfino is the lower half of a female anatomy, and not in Manu's league, i'm not sure Delfino would of made a difference either way.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Man, that is a good point. Delfino is the lower half of a female anatomy, and not in Manu's league, i'm not sure Delfino would of made a difference either way.

You just made a mistake. The Argentinian mafia will be knocking your door soon.

fekz
06-07-2005, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

MasterYoda
06-07-2005, 12:51 PM

RACK!
:lol

easjer
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Houston is the crack capitol? Really?

Wow, I love this city. Truly. We're the crack capitol, the traffic is the worst outside Detriot, the people who run this city are morons (we have severe flooding problems - so their idea to improve public transportation in addition to the stellar 7-mile stretch of MetroRail is to what? Build a SUBWAY! Charming!), and they are all Rockets fans. Ok, can't blame them for that. . . but where I work (and used to live in college) has the highest rate of fellons from here (zip code 77004) in Huntsville. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

God, I can't wait to move home.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Can I see where you're getting your info on Houston being the crack capital? I'm not doubting that this shithole could be, but I'd like to have some reference material to sight when I explain to my friends how terrible this city is.

And in fairness to Detroit they did an admirable job of not going nuts when the Pistons won last year. The last championship city to act so classy was...San Antonio.