PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pistons fans?

Useruser666
06-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Do you guys wish that you would have drafted Wade instead of Darko?

How about Carmelo?

Chris Bosh?

Josh Howard?

Chris Kamen even?

Just wondering what the fans say. I think Darko is a total bust, but maybe if you lose Larry next year he may see some pt.

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Another question for Pistons Fans:

Got any fans this hot?

http://img.sports.tom.com/img/assets/200503/050326102147Eva-Longoria.jpg

:lol

mavsfan1000
06-07-2005, 11:12 AM
It is too early to call Darko a bust but Larry Brown is not the right coach to let Darko get time. He is better off traded or another coach lets him play. Remember Larry Brown didn't give Lebron or Melo much chance during the Olympics.

SPARKY
06-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Question for Piston fan:

If you don't do crystal meth, bang your cousin, have Kid Rock's complete discography on repeat, and a rap sheet why are you a Piston fan?

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Question for Piston fan:

If you don't do crystal meth, bang your cousin, have Kid Rock's complete discography on repeat, and a rap sheet why are you a Piston fan?

Because the Redwings didn't play this year?

ZappaFan
06-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Question for Piston fan:

Question for you: did your mother have any children that lived? ;)

mouse
06-07-2005, 11:16 AM

Got any fans this hot?

You want hot? check out my Chilie Boxers :lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/a-4.jpg

Ishta
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
come on kiddos...let's play nice until the tip off, and then we can start talking shit :lol :lol :lol :lol

ducks
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Darko proved this year given a chance he can play
how many minutes has he actually played

fromswitzerland
06-07-2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.kidrock.com/gallery/viewer_main.asp?category_id=3385&id=14882

fekz
06-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Question for Piston fan:

Because I love horses, cattle and six shooter pistols?

Experiment2100
06-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Darko's not a bust, how many people can say they are the human victory cigar?

Wade, Melo, and Howard can't. As for Kamen the Clippers are a team victory cigar once they step on the floor the other team is up 40.

mouse
06-07-2005, 11:28 AM
What type of beer do Piston fans drink?

http://www.spurstalk.com/house009.jpg

SouthernFried
06-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Man...I thought I threw that TV out in 1977!

mouse
06-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Man...I thought I threw that TV out in 1977!

next time don't forget the remote asshole :lmao

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 11:37 AM
I THINK DARKO IS A BUST, I HATE THE WAY HE CARRIES HIMSELF, HE POUTS AND BITCHES, AND LOOKS LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD KID THAT JUST HAD HIS LUNCH TAKEN FROM SCHOOL. ALL YOU SPURS FANS THAT ARE GOING TO THE GAMES IN THE FINALS...WATCH DARKO AND SEE HOW HE ACTS. YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

BTW, I love KID ROCK, I drink Vodka and Rum - hate beer. and I will shit in your cheerios if you dogg our boys again

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/KidRock3.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/KidRock2.jpg

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I THINK DARKO IS A BUST, I HATE THE WAY HE CARRIES HIMSELF, HE POUTS AND BITCHES, AND LOOKS LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD KID THAT JUST HAD HIS LUNCH TAKEN FROM SCHOOL. ALL YOU SPURS FANS THAT ARE GOING TO THE GAMES IN THE FINALS...WATCH DARKO AND SEE HOW HE ACTS. YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

:lmao :lmao :lmao that is classic! Well done! :)

stmfuller
06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Do you guys wish that you would have drafted Wade instead of Darko?

How about Carmelo?

Chris Bosh?

Josh Howard?

Chris Kamen even?

Just wondering what the fans say. I think Darko is a total bust, but maybe if you lose Larry next year he may see some pt.we'll have to wait for Larry to be gone to figure out if Darko was a bust or not. It's too hard to tell right now with the guy only averaging a couple of minutes per game.
As for the old Carmelo arguement. He's a SF...who would be benched if we had taken him...PRINCE! This guy had JUST proven himself in the playoffs...talk about a smack in the face. As for anyone else, these guys had proven that they were going to be a great team. It doesn't make sense to draft a player ready to go now and then bench him for 2+ year (which LB would do because he hates Young players).

Btw...I think I can speak for most people when I say that hindsight makes people believe they're smarter than they really are.
Either way.
For now, I have to stick with Darko

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Brown is always hard on rookies and young players. He was all over Robinson and Elliott their first couple of years.

Pistons < Spurs
06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
This is a great question that is a lead in to another great question:

Do Piston fans want Larry to leave?

I think Darko was the right pick for THIS team. We were in a unique position in that we were a really good team that was close to the championship level, yet didn't really need a lottery pick player to make an immediate impact. Darko is the future of the team. I absolutely believe that he will be a very solid player in 2 or 3 years. I relate him much to J. Oneal. Oneal in his 4th year in Portland played in 70 games 12 minutes per/ and yet only averaged 3.9pts 3.3 rbs. And yet we all know how good of a player he is today. Given enough time to become familiar w/ the NBA game, and living in the USA, I believe he will shed that bust image. Also remember he is only 20 yrs old still.

My biggest problem with the Darko dilema is Larry Brown. LB will not give him minutes. Period. Now granted, we do have some quality bigs on our team, so it can be tough for him to get quality minutes. But what he's been given so far is not adequate. Hopefully LB will be gone next year, and a new coach (FLIP!!!) will be able to help develop his game. Besdies playing time, I beleive that LB is incorrectly positioning Darko. We drafted him because of his all around game. He was supposed to have an outside game described as similiar to that of Dirk...with a bigger body, and better post moves. If thats why we drafted him, then why does LB insist on Darko being simply a back to the basket center. If Dirk was handled in this manner, he'd never be the player he is today. He should be a 4, and not a 5. Because of his size ppl automatically place him at the center position, but I think that he will eventually become more of a Dirk(without as much range) or KG(and not as skilled) style of player (assuming we get a new coach). They say that a year before we drafted him that he was playing the PG position. I say let him face the basket, and see what he can do.

Hopefully he does not 2 or 3 years down the road still appear to be a bust. I think Joe D. did the right thing, but only time will tell. And to be fair, making decisions on his game at this point of his career is way too pre-mature. As of yet he has not been given the opportunity to show what he can do.

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Okay, here's as honest as I can get if your serious about knowing about the Darko pick.

Larry Brown was the coach for a week when we drafted Darko. Dumars had a plan where we did not need Darko right away since we had Okur in front of him, and Ben at center. So Darko was nothing but a 3 year project since we had no holes to fill, and Dumars is fond of his size. In comes Brown who is as stubborn as can be and will not play a player who does not conform to his way of how a big man should play. Okur, fond of shooting 20 footers and not play in the post as Brown wanted had his minutes slashed, was benched for periods and at the end of the season signed for big bucks with Utah. Funny thing is Brown puts up with Rasheed jacking up some junk at times. Oh yeah Brown cried to Dumars to trade for Rasheed late last season.
This year Darko got a little more time, started a couple of games scoring I believe 16 and 12 or 16 and 10. He's quick as a cat, has a good jumper and is working on his turnaround moves and playing with his back to the basket. I say he's not bad and will contribute eventually. Other fans think he's a bust and a dud. Yes there's arguments all of the place regarding drafting Darko. I say with what Dumars has done turning the team around, to give Dumars the benefit of the doubt. I say Darko will be a 15ppg player real soon, and he does need to toughen up somewhat.

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Because I love horses, cattle and six shooter pistols?

You act like those are bad things. :lol

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Whomever Detroit's coach is or will be, they will always have a shot because Joe Dumars is a freaking genius.

stmfuller
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Whomever Detroit's coach is or will be, they will always have a shot because Joe Dumars is a freaking genius.
amen!

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Got any fans this hot?

http://www.spurstalk.com/house053.jpg

PistonFreak
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM

Yep, the dude is one stand up, straight shooter. The players know it, and will put out of loyalty to him. Dumars is a great judge of character, and brings in quality people on and off the court. By the way, Dumars does not currently have a contract for what it's worth. Why??? got me?

GamesMasta
06-07-2005, 12:10 PM

Got any fans this hot?

http://img.sports.tom.com/img/assets/200503/050326102147Eva-Longoria.jpg

damn got me there, eva longoria ;) shes hot.

bdubya
06-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Dumars does not currently have a contract for what it's worth. Why??? got me?

Dumars and Bill D. are apparently going to wait until the season's over, which I think is pretty cool; it avoids a minor distraction for the team, and when they do sit down to talk, they won't have to guess at how these finals turn out, they can just look to the future. I have no doubt Davidson will treat Joe right, and Joe won't be a jerk about it either.

As for Darko....I watch Bosh play and gotta wonder, but stilll, no other pick would have taken taken the Pistons any farther than where they are now, and if Darko lives up to expectations merges as the current core ages, we could wind up real glad Joe took him. Any of the other picks would have taken PT away from one of our champs, or else been where Darko is now. The jury's gonna be out for a while yet.

Useruser666
06-07-2005, 01:09 PM
If you would have taken Wade, then Miami wouldn't have even been a threat this year. One thing that comes to mind with Wade, is that he could have been a real go to guy in the crunch. It would also seem that he could play one hell of a backup role to Rip/Billups, if not start.

wildbill2u
06-07-2005, 01:24 PM
This is a great question that is a lead in to another great question:

Do Piston fans want Larry to leave?

I relate him much to J. Oneal. Oneal in his 4th year in Portland played in 70 games 12 minutes per/ and yet only averaged 3.9pts 3.3 rbs. And yet we all know how good of a player he is today. Given enough time to become familiar w/ the NBA game, and living in the USA, I believe he will shed that bust image. Also remember he is only 20 yrs old still.

Houston had the inside track to O'Neal because he was a homie and they knew all about his talent--yet didn't draft him. I don't think Rudy T was a particularly good coach for drafts. I forget who they did take,but bet they wish they'd taken O'Neal now.

MiNuS
06-07-2005, 01:28 PM
damn got me there, eva longoria ;) shes hot.

wonder dog?

Y que?

SpursWoman
06-07-2005, 01:30 PM
next time don't forget the remote asshole :lmao

:rollin :lol