PDA

View Full Version : Senna (2010)

leemajors
04-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Has anyone else seen this? My roomate is an F1 junkie, and it was recommended by several friends who saw it at SXSW. I am not an F1 fan, but this is an amazing documentary and probably easily the best movie I have seen this year.

silverblk mystix
04-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I recently read an article and it mentioned this movie and of course, Senna-the man himself.
I found it interesting that the writer picked Senna as the best ever-even though Schmacher and Fangio had a more impressive resume. Senna, I believe died in his prime,sadly.

The writer based his pick on the fact that Senna could drive a car and just know where his tires were at the point of losing traction...but he would still drive it at the maximum of this traction...he always seemed to push to the absolute limit of traction until just the millisecond before the tires gave way.

I will probably check it out.

leemajors
04-21-2011, 07:56 AM
From what I understand, Schumacher always had the best car so he won more. Senna was an instinctual natural driver who especially thrived in difficult situations and would do whatever to win in an era where driving skills were paramount. He was especially good in the rain, which is ridiculous. He was also very passionate about helping poor people in his native country, and promoting safety for his fellow drivers in F1. Since he passed there has not been another F1 fatality. Senna is easily one of the best documentaries I have ever seen.

leemajors
04-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Forgot to include the trailer:

HrbJPsPtTyU

MaNuMaNiAc
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
No arguments here. Senna was not only the best driver of his time, maybe all time, but he was also a remarkable human being. I was watching the race when Erik Comas had that pretty fucked up accident and Senna was the first to pass. The man pulled over and ran to help Comas out of the already burning car.

To me, quite simply the best sportsman racer in history. RIP indeed.

Cane
04-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Haven't seen the documentary but Top Gear had an astonishing tribute to him as well:

aNmqn3heGgE

I recently read an article and it mentioned this movie and of course, Senna-the man himself.
I found it interesting that the writer picked Senna as the best ever-even though Schmacher and Fangio had a more impressive resume. Senna, I believe died in his prime,sadly.

IIRC even Schumacher says Senna is the best driver ever

leemajors
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
No arguments here. Senna was not only the best driver of his time, maybe all time, but he was also a remarkable human being. I was watching the race when Erik Comas had that pretty fucked up accident and Senna was the first to pass. The man pulled over and ran to help Comas out of the already burning car.

To me, quite simply the best sportsman racer in history. RIP indeed.

The footage of him winning the Grand Prix in Brazil was very moving, as was the funeral procession footage. I don't think I have ever seen people so affected and devoted to a sportsman before.

leemajors
05-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Today, on the 17th anniversary of his death, Senna is now available streaming from Netflix. Will be out in select theaters August 12th as well.

leemajors
11-26-2011, 02:49 PM
The best documentary of the year got snubbed for the Oscars. Disgusting.

Muser
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Not an F1 fan, but yeah this was an amazing film.

leemajors
12-19-2011, 02:19 PM
It's on Netflix instant now.

DieMrBond
12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Seeing the in car footage of him driving, and how damn good he was is amazing. Such a good documentary - I remember being in primary school when he died, and that was certainly a crappy day!

cheguevara
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
amazing documentary. That F1 commissioner makes David Stern look like Mother Theresa

The year they removed all the car electronic assistants, 2 dudes die. One day apart.

After Senna's death, F1 hires Senna's friend to secure F1 and nobody has died since.

Senna himself was a pimp. he picked up Xuxa on national tv, fucked Elle Mcpherson and Cindy Crawford :tu

PakiDan
01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't know... I tried watching it twice this weekend. It bored me to sleep both times.

Fernando TD21
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Not a fan of F1 but I was watching the day he died. I was just a kid, I think I was hoping to watch some cartoon but end up watching this.