PDA

View Full Version : Manu is clearly the heartbeat of the spurs

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
The spurs suck without him. PERIOD

MmP
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
it's amazing how the whole town goes crazy when it's favorit son is not there.

Spurfect21
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
If this was a big market team like the lakers, knicks, heat,...this type of game by manu would be promoted heavily as a legendary performance by manu which it certainly was. This game shows why we need him and I hope spurs fans never forget what he did tonight no matter the outcome of the rest of the playoffs. Manu you're a Fuckin legend!

Horse
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
And there are some dumbasses who thought Manu playing would'nt have won us game 1.

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
If this was a big market team like the lakers, knicks, heat,...this type of game by manu would be promoted heavily as a legendary performance by manu which it certainly was. This game shows why we need him and I hope spurs fans never forget what he did tonight no matter the outcome of the rest of the playoffs. Manu you're a Fuckin legend!

Spot on.

Hooks
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I need Ducks' opinion on this.

Reck
04-20-2011, 10:35 PM
And there are some dumbasses who thought Manu playing would'nt have won us game 1.

Not dumbasses.

We just believe inthe Spurs as a team to be able to win AGAINST the fucking Grizzlies. They should.

Clearly I was wrong in putting so much faith in the Spurs without Manu.

jalberto
04-20-2011, 10:47 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/jalbertopd/Suprmanuretrn.jpg

SA210
04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
mvp

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Not dumbasses.

We just believe inthe Spurs as a team to be able to win AGAINST the fucking Grizzlies. They should.

Much props in admitting a fault :lol. I have faith in them to be able to win without manu also but he is mentally rock solid and its contagious. Too many mental midgets on the spurs and parker sad to say is becoming one again as he was early in his career with the spurs.

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 11:14 PM
nice

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 11:15 PM
mvp

In terms of what he means to his team. YES

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I need Ducks' opinion on this.
:lmao

nadroj117
04-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Its kind of funny how much praise Manu gets for tonights game BECAUSE of our failure to close out game one. If we hold our 4 point lead with a minute and half left in game 1 we aren't having these threads. Manu gave his all tonight and his spark definitely changed the game. But did he play a great game? Absolutely not. He shot horribly and couldn't make his ft's. Yes I understand the brace limits his shooting. But if we win game 1 we're talking about how we escaped with a win in this game despite Manu's poor shooting. Completely agree he's our heart and soul, but we suck without him? As Pop would probably say... We sucked by one possession last game? lol

realtimmyfan
04-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Manu's shooting % has been very inconsistent this season.

DMC
04-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Manu was a man possessed. He was all over the place. I thought he was going to rip his own arm off and beat the opponent with it.

DMC
04-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Its kind of funny how much praise Manu gets for tonights game BECAUSE of our failure to close out game one. If we hold our 4 point lead with a minute and half left in game 1 we aren't having these threads. Manu gave his all tonight and his spark definitely changed the game. But did he play a great game? Absolutely not. He shot horribly and couldn't make his ft's. Yes I understand the brace limits his shooting. But if we win game 1 we're talking about how we escaped with a win in this game despite Manu's poor shooting. Completely agree he's our heart and soul, but we suck without him? As Pop would probably say... We sucked by one possession last game? lol
We didn't, Manu helped. It is what it is. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

DAF86
04-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Manu's shooting % has been very inconsistent this season.

It's not about shooting% nor stats, it's about his contagious winning mentality and the ability to make people around him better, that's why he has won everywhere he was.

P/S: He also has the ability to make the best play at the most crucial time, it could be a basket in the last second of a game, or drawing a charge in the 2nd quarter to build momentum.

Dingle Barry
04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
You're pretty clueless and hopeless about basketball if you didnt see yet again how Manu is the heart and soul of this team. Missed shots, fts or otherwise don't change that.

I Heart Ginobili
04-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Ginobili +16. 'Nuff said.

duncan228
04-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Buck Harvey: Madness of Manu outdoes another (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/21/buck-harvey-madness-of-manu-outdoes-another/)
Buck Harvey

Tony Allen tried. He patted the floor, and he screamed at a teammate, and he was mad at himself afterward.

But that wasn’t good enough. For one of the few times in his career in a game not involving Ron Artest, there was someone less sane on the court.

That would be the one he chased, and the one he confronted on the sideline.

Manu Ginobili. The elbow wasn’t the only part of him that was bent.

Keep reading... (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/21/buck-harvey-madness-of-manu-outdoes-another/)

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/21/buck-harvey-madness-of-manu-outdoes-another/

NewJerSpur
04-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Team doesn't necessarily suck without him, but the difference in energy/defense/execution between Games 1 & 2 was no coincidence.

ElNono
04-21-2011, 01:19 AM

That's a lot of ifs... If we didn't get our asses handed to us by the Suns last season... If Tony played better... If ZBo didn't suck this game... That's an easy game to play.

GoSpurs21
04-21-2011, 01:24 AM
anyone who doesnt realize that Manu IS the heart and soul of this team...needs to keep smoking "whatever"

KaiRMD1
04-21-2011, 01:33 AM
And people wanted him traded. Manu is the heart of this team. Look at 09

awktalk
04-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Pop responding to an idiot reporter about being surprised about Manu:

lntOVoeJXjc

NewJerSpur
04-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Manu also seemed to have an impact on Hill's game. George seemed timid in Game 1, but taking a lead from Gino tonight, he was ATTACKING on defense when helping in the post and EXTREMELY agressive on the boards.....it's like Manu reminded them that it's okay to scrap and take chances on defense.

duncan228
04-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Ginobili's night ... but anybody's series (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/27694/ginobilis-night-but-anybodys-series)
By Marc Stein
ESPN

He went hunting for a weakside block when the ball went inside to Zach Randolph on the game’s first possession. He quickly got reacquainted with the AT&T Center floor by flinging himself after countless loose balls. He even let Tim Duncan lift him up off that floor with a strong tug on his heavily padded right arm.

The only visible caution from Manu Ginobili on Wednesday night? You finally saw some after he drew a crucial charge with one of his signature sales jobs in crunch time on Tony Allen.

Marching back to the Spurs’ bench after getting back to his feet, with San Antonio up six late in an eventual 93-87 triumph, Ginobili perched his left hand up high for all the congratulatory fives from his teammates and pointed his right arm out wide. Away from traffic.

Otherwise?

There's pretty much nothing Ginobili avoided in a must-win Game 2 over the Memphis Grizzlies. He jumped right into the traffic from the opening tip and thrived in conditions that were not coincidentally frantic from start to finish, ultimately overcoming his wayward shooting to spark desperate San Antonio in his first real basketball in about 10 days.

Keep reading... (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/27694/ginobilis-night-but-anybodys-series)

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/27694/ginobilis-night-but-anybodys-series

igruex
04-21-2011, 03:26 AM

lntOVoeJXjc

:lmao

rascal
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM
In terms of what he means to his team. YES

Duncan is the MVP of the team. Try to win these games without Duncan and see what you get.

spurspokesman
04-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Team doesn't necessarily suck without him, but the difference in energy/defense/execution between Games 1 & 2 was no coincidence.
I respect your opinion NJS but id venture as far enough to say that these spurs can be painful to watch without manu at times. He is a game changer in every way. His tenacity feeds the team. We have a bunch of mental midgets on the spurs ( Gary Neal, TD, And hill at times) excluded. We played to survive without him. We played with purpose with him. I'd hate to see what this team would have looked like after a manu trade:depressed

spurspokesman
04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Duncan is the MVP of the team. Try to win these games without Duncan and see what you get.

In terms of overall career accomplishments Duncan by a country mile. Spurs probably wouldnt be if Duncan didnt come. But as of right now Manu is clearly our best player and mental leader. Duncan is a legend. Manu is the motor that the runs the vehicle of the spurs. Keep in mind im talking about overall making the team better in terms of energy and heartless play Rascal. But you have a good point.

JR3
04-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Upgraded with the brace! NICE JOB!

JR3
04-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Upgraded with the brace! NICE JOB!

Now if you can just mess up his hair....

nkdlunch
04-21-2011, 09:32 AM
not only the heartbeat. the heart, the lungs, the brain, and the entire nervous system.

VinnyTestesVerde
04-21-2011, 09:37 AM

lntOVoeJXjc

:clap

Dartherus
04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Ginobili +16. 'Nuff said.
Spot on, the rest of the Boxscore could not be that great, but at least such stats reflects something of Manu's greatness.

People with baskebtall knowledge tend to udnerstand why Manu's importance is FAR beyond stats. He has showed it outside Spurs, in any european team he played, and in his NT.

Manu is soo special, as Tim, that's why Spurs has so many rings, despite being a minor market franchise. Players like them really make a difference wihtout the need of a huge budget roster (Cuban).

WalterBenitez
04-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Manu was a man possessed. He was all over the place. I thought he was going to rip his own arm off and beat the opponent with it.

:wow Manu rocks

mookie2001
04-21-2011, 12:44 PM
manu doesnt even believe in god

Horse
04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Not dumbasses.

I thought we could win without him too. What I mean is we definetly win game 1 if he played.

DrSteffo
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
not only the heartbeat. the heart, the lungs, the brain, and the entire nervous system.

don't forget about the balls :toast

rascal
04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I respect your opinion NJS but id venture as far enough to say that these spurs can be painful to watch without manu at times. He is a game changer in every way. His tenacity feeds the team. We have a bunch of mental midgets on the spurs ( Gary Neal, TD, And hill at times) excluded. We played to survive without him. We played with purpose with him. I'd hate to see what this team would have looked like after a manu trade:depressed

Depends what you would get back in a trade for Manu.

Fpoonsie
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM

That's pretty great, jal.

Nice work.

Fpoonsie
04-21-2011, 01:54 PM
And, yeah, it's great to see that kind've intensity when he's in the game (other players like Hill and Blair feed of it, as made evident in the 2nd quarter last night), but it's also terribly troubling that the players look completely lifeless when he's NOT there.

DAF86
04-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Depends what you would get back in a trade for Manu.

Dude, when RJ was "volume scoring" in Milwaukee I remember having an argument with you about who was better of the two: Manu or RJ. Sorry, but I can't take anything you say about Manu seriously.

spursince#99
04-21-2011, 03:13 PM
you guys are idiots if you think we couldn't have won game 1 without manu...

NewJerSpur
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Respect. We were still right there in Game 1 without Manu, even with the Grizz killing us in the paint and on the boards in the 4th. We're still competitive without Manu, but he's the X-factor and closer on this team.....he raises the overall level of play imo.

mingus
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
What's great is there are no back-to-backs in the playoffs. I expect he'll be able to expend that amount of energy I many of the games remaining