Spurs Brazil
04-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Good game today. He was aggressive and made some huge triples

Mugen
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Mad Props to Dicky J.

mexicanjunior
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Him, Duncan, Manu and Hill (in the 4th) showed up...rest of the team was garbage.

BoricuaCJA
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
I think he played very well. He was very aggressive and played pretty good
D most of the game except a few parts going for pump fakes on terrible shooters.

jag
Big game for RJ. Dick was extremely large and girthy today

jeebus
Did Bonner show up?

:lol

Cessation
04-20-2011, 10:24 PM
We had playoff bonner today, 1-3, 3 points 5 fouls. Though he has played worse defence than today, so its not all bad.

Man In Black
04-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I thought O was good, but I thought D was average. It just seemed as if he gave up too much space on the mid-range J for Sam Young, who was on fire for the 1st half.

Horse
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
D most of the game except a few parts going for pump fakes on terrible shooters.
The problem is terrible shooters for some reason that I hope does'nt continue can shoot against us.

Cessation
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Dick J hit some timely and clutch threes to stop Grizz runs.

TDomination
04-20-2011, 10:30 PM
good game jefferson, bring it to memphis!

spurspokesman
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Him, Duncan, Manu and Hill (in the 4th) showed up...rest of the team was garbage.
This. Neal had a few moments. He hit that shot with the shot clock expiring that could of killed our momentum

Spurs7794
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
We had playoff bonner today, 1-3, 3 points 5 fouls. Though he has played worse defence than today, so its not all bad.

Bonner did his role today. He didn't get many open shots but he hit his only three in the 4th and suprisingly, played solid defense for once. Arthur was hitting ridiculous shots over everyone.

RJ has been awesome first two games. He got bashed for missing the wide open three at the end of game 1 but he's been great on D and the boards this series. The play that got us over the hump I think was when he ripped the board away, and Parker penetrated and found him for the three with 3 minutes.

Too bad, we almost gave the game away at the end.

Budkin
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
The days that everyone plays well we are unstoppable. I think the Heat or the Suns game was the last time that happened.

timtonymanu
04-20-2011, 10:36 PM

Dice was huge too in the 4th. Played great D on Z-Bo and made the game winning charge.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Yup, that's the RJ we need to see to be a chance at a trophy. :tu

senorglory
04-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Big game for RJ. Dick was extremely large and girthy today

turgid, even.

crc21209
04-20-2011, 11:38 PM
RJ had a very nice game :tu. He had a good game in Game 1 as well. Hopefully he keeps it up....

DesignatedT
04-20-2011, 11:41 PM
:tu RJ

DMC
04-20-2011, 11:44 PM
The only time we are unstoppable is when no one tries to stop us. The Heat were allowing wide open looks. When they shut that down, they killed us.

We are built to shoot the three. We haven't been doing that nearly as well as we need to, and we do not have a strong inside game so we need Tony and Hill to penetrate so our shooters can get looks.

Russ
04-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Say what you want, but Jefferson always comes up big in the playoffs.:flag:

elbamba
04-20-2011, 11:49 PM

Neal played fine in limited minutes. Tony had a good stats game. He just had two bad plays towards the end. But at least he ate up the clock before missing open jumpers.

DMC
04-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Tony normally hits those short jumpers, but he's not done that so well this year. That screen where he just watches the clock and skirts the pick, then shoots... that's been hurting us in the last two games. He has to penetrate.

tdunk21
04-21-2011, 12:01 AM
good game RJ......

Cant_Be_Faded
04-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Richard Jefferson was leaving his man wide open far far more than any NBA player should ever be left open. He did this more often in the 1st half than the 2nd. The consistency behind the way in which he left his man so freaking wide open leads me to believe this was by design, and those easy as fuck open shots that were drained should rest on Pop's shoulders.

But offensively, I liked his aggressiveness driving to the bucket. I liked him taking and hitting those 3's he's hit all season.

Overall he was "solid" but I still expect much, much more out of him. He's a veteran, and I just expect more.

senorglory
04-21-2011, 03:07 AM
Richard Jefferson was leaving his man wide open far far more than any NBA player should ever be left open. He did this more often in the 1st half than the 2nd. The consistency behind the way in which he left his man so freaking wide open leads me to believe this was by design, and those easy as fuck open shots that were drained should rest on Pop's shoulders.

But offensively, I liked his aggressiveness driving to the bucket. I liked him taking and hitting those 3's he's hit all season.

Overall he was "solid" but I still expect much, much more out of him. He's a veteran, and I just expect more.

definitely by design, see the illegal defense called against him. in that play RJ was doubling the low post before the ball arrived, and otherwise about 6 feet from his man.

bigdog
04-21-2011, 04:01 AM
I agree his defense wasn't great, but it did seem like a lot of the wide open shots were almost by design. He was doubling a lot, and like senorglory said, a perfect example of that was on the 3 seconds call. I like his aggressiveness on offense a lot, even if he does get the ball stripped, he's driving hard, getting to the line (even if he misses a free throw or two), and taking and MAKING most of his threes.

I do think he could play better, but he's looking more and more like the good RJ instead of the "trade Jefferson" RJ. I see a bit of a fire lit under him this playoffs, and I like it.

Fireball
04-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Agreed that his offense the two games was nice, defense could be better.

Besides hitting timely threes RJ also has a knack for a great defensive rebound after an important stop ... and thats part of defense.