PDA

View Full Version : Late Game Execution...

Mugen
04-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Have we seen it since the All Star Break?

Combo of Pop's questionable lineups/playcalls, shot selection and mind boggling turnovers have me really worried about this team's play....Thoughts?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-20-2011, 10:31 PM
The players won it... I could not believe Green played 40 secs at clutch time

Mugen
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm fine with Green getting time in that situation where Pop was obviously trying to defend the 3....

I thought Pop was going to bring in Novak to inbound the ball when we were only up by 2. Dice isn't that much better of an option though.....

It's just surprising because execution down the stretch was so strong earlier in the year.

TampaDude
04-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Hey, Spurs...
http://www.wellesley.edu/Polisci/wj/Vietimages/Audio/0,1020,249029,00.jpg
CLOSE THAT SHIT!!!

Spurs7794
04-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm fine with Green getting time in that situation where Pop was obviously trying to defend the 3....

I thought Pop was going to bring in Novak to inbound the ball when we were only up by 2. Dice isn't that much better of an option though.....

It's just surprising because execution down the stretch was so strong earlier in the year.
This. Until Timmy got injured, we were something like 17-2 in games under 6 pts. Then we had those games where we absolutely collapsed and it just feels like the team is still trying to get their psyches straight.

8FOR!3
04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
I almost shit myself when I saw Green come in the 4th quarter. That's a lot to ask out of a kid that young who's only been on the team a few months.

Budkin
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Ever since that Denver game it's been complete garbage.

Spurs7794
04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I almost shit myself when I saw Green come in the 4th quarter. That's a lot to ask out of a kid that young who's only been on the team a few months.

And I was watching him...Im pretty sure he didnt switch on time and almost gave up a three if Memphis found the open nman.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Have we seen it since the All Star Break?

Combo of Pop's questionable lineups/playcalls, shot selection and mind boggling turnovers have me really worried about this team's play....Thoughts?

No, we haven't, but it was one of the factors that made me think we were Championship contenders for the first 60 games. Why it has disappeared I have no idea, but we need to find it again to be a threat.

GSH
04-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I've been bitching about it for most of the season. They made some ridiculously bad decisions at the ends of games through the regular season, and they got by with a bunch of them just because the other team didn't capitalize. Way back near the beginning of the season, we were in a very tight game and Parker just went to sleep bringing the ball across mid-court. That play lost the game for the Spurs - or should have. They got some very good breaks, and won it anyway. But those things catch up with you eventually. And they are going to catch up more consistently in the playoffs, because the opposing teams are consistently better.