Assists - 22

SA - 28/70 (40%)
Assists 13

Game 2
MEM - 35/88 (39.8%)
Assists - 17

SA - 32/73 (43.8%)
Assists - 21

So, I believe this has a lot to do with Manu. The Spurs had an assist on 46% of their FGs in Game 1, as opposed to memphis' 59%. But tonight, it was 65%-48% in favor of SA. This is either due to Manu returning (we all know how he helps others get easy shots, gives the team energy, etc) or just the team caring more tonight.

Also, the Grizzlies had 21 more shot attempts tonight than they did Sunday. But the Spurs won both rebound battles. I couldn't find the offensive board stats, but did the Grizzlies really win them by that much?

Fireball
04-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Grizzlies had just OReb more (11 to 10). Spurs really did a good job with that in both games ... really no comparison to the regular season games against the Grizzlies. But somehow the Spurs offense is not clicking and the Grizzlies find other ways to stay in the game. 18 TOs is way too much ... this has to improve on the road otherwise Memphis will have a lot of fastbreak opportunities in their building.

will_spurs
04-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Something I noted in the game thread at half time was that the Grizz had got 11 more FGA. That's a potential 22-point differential. In one half. It's huge.

By the end of the game, the Grizz had 'only' 15 more FGAs than the Spurs. The D stepped up another notch in the 2nd half.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Game 1
MEM - 37/67 (55.2%)
Assists - 22

SA - 28/70 (40%)
Assists 13

Game 2
MEM - 35/88 (39.8%)
Assists - 17

SA - 32/73 (43.8%)
Assists - 21

So, I believe this has a lot to do with Manu. The Spurs had an assist on 46% of their FGs in Game 1, as opposed to memphis' 59%. But tonight, it was 65%-48% in favor of SA. This is either due to Manu returning (we all know how he helps others get easy shots, gives the team energy, etc) or just the team caring more tonight.

Also, the Grizzlies had 21 more shot attempts tonight than they did Sunday. But the Spurs won both rebound battles. I couldn't find the offensive board stats, but did the Grizzlies really win them by that much?

Pop made Hill the primary ball handler for three quarters in game 1, even when he was on the floor with Parker. Also, the Spurs walked the ball up the floor in the first game and ran in the second. Fast break buckets are easy points and easy assists.

Seventyniner
04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
The difference in game 1 was that the Grizz hit a high percentage of long jumpers and the Spurs a low percentage. Those things evened out in game 2, and it was all the difference.

Cane
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Manu was definitely the key to this game. His energy, playmaking, court vision, etc. is like on another level than any other Spur.

Parker also stopped relentlessly driving to the rim and didn't take as many bad shots/misses that sparked transition opportunities for the Grizz. Parker's production in game 1 was pathetic and its unfortunate that his confidence still seems somewhat low and that he's missing several open jumpers in the 4th. It shouldn't last long though...he's overrating the Grizz's shotblocking.