PDA

View Full Version : Should the Hornets go bigger in Game 3?

Pelicans78
04-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Instead of starting Okafor against Bynum where he has no chance, should the Hornets go with Okafor against Gasol, start Gray against Bynum, and bring Mbenga and Landry off the bench? Okafor has been getting in foul trouble against the much larger Bynum. Would he do better against Gasol?

C Gray, Mbenga
PF Okafor, Landry
SF Ariza
SG Marco, Green
PG Paul, Jack

Would the Hornets be better off this way? Not enough offense? Too slow in general?

Darth_Pelican
04-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Instead of starting Okafor against Bynum where he has no chance, should the Hornets go with Okafor against Gasol, start Gray against Bynum, and bring Mbenga and Landry off the bench? Okafor has been getting in foul trouble against the much larger Bynum. Would he do better against Gasol?

C Gray, Mbenga
PF Okafor, Landry
SF Ariza
SG Marco, Green
PG Paul, Jack

Would the Hornets be better off this way? Not enough offense? Too slow in general?

My main concern with this would be not enough offense. Okafor and Gray have no ability to create their own shot and have very a very limited offensive post game. Landry does. Plus Landry has done a great job on Gasol. If anything, I would just say start Gray instead of Okafur. Gotta keep Landry in the starting lineup for his offense.

Booharv
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
What Darth said.

Giuseppe
04-21-2011, 11:03 AM
What you need is for Paul to first:::not quit again. Then him & that little fuck Jack need to sit down again and get themselves worked up into a frenzy so they can function at a level. It'll be foreign territory for 'em both, but, that's it.

Pelicans78
04-21-2011, 04:50 PM
My main concern with this would be not enough offense. Okafor and Gray have no ability to create their own shot and have very a very limited offensive post game. Landry does. Plus Landry has done a great job on Gasol. If anything, I would just say start Gray instead of Okafur. Gotta keep Landry in the starting lineup for his offense.

I think offensively, Gray and Okafor can set good screens and get easier shots created by Paul. Plus, having both of them together should help the rebounding and perhaps help us get more points in the paint. Also, it will allow Mbenga to come off the bench instead of Smith.

Pelicans78
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
What you need is for Paul to first:::not quit again. Then him & that little fuck Jack need to sit down again and get themselves worked up into a frenzy so they can function at a level. It'll be foreign territory for 'em both, but, that's it.

I agree. The Hornets need both of them to play well. Jack didn't do much offensively and as I predicted, the team struggled to score. We need Jack to light it up by penetrating, scoring, and getting some assists.

Ghazi
04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
get on AIM dawg

DeadlyDynasty
04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
That would be a disaster imho...If they play Gray and Okafor together for extended minutes, then the 78 points they just put yesterday will seem like a pipedream. It would be a good defensive line-up but they would be anemic on offense. Lakers would just force the ball out of Paul's hands and the offense would be downright laughable.

Pelicans78
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
That would be a disaster imho...If they play Gray and Okafor together for extended minutes, then the 78 points they just put yesterday will seem like a pipedream. It would be a good defensive line-up but they would be anemic on offense. Lakers would just force the ball out of Paul's hands and the offense would be downright laughable.

Maybe, but the Lakers dominated rebounding and points in the point. Hornets missed a bunch of FTs and made alot of turnovers which can be corrected. Really, we don't need to isolate Landry one-on-one. Our best offense is running PnR, and if the Lakers trap Paul, he can pass to Ariza or Belinelli who should be able to drive to the basket. Hornets didn't attack the rim enough last night and they didn't rebound or defend the paint well.

DMC
04-21-2011, 05:51 PM
They need to push the ball, not go bigger. They cannot out-big the Lakers and we saw how Okafor gets bs calls against him for touching someone. Just push the ball, they have a much better ball handler and distributor than LA. They can use that to their advantage.

Pelicans78
04-21-2011, 05:55 PM
They need to push the ball, not go bigger. They cannot out-big the Lakers and we saw how Okafor gets bs calls against him for touching someone. Just push the ball, they have a much better ball handler and distributor than LA. They can use that to their advantage.

That makes sense. It worked in Game 1. I just wish Okafor wouldn't get in foul trouble. We lose alot of defense and rebounding with him out of the game.

DeadlyDynasty
04-21-2011, 05:59 PM
okafor is overmatched out there, so foul trouble is inevitable

DMC
04-21-2011, 06:01 PM
okafor is overmatched out there, so foul trouble is inevitable
It's what?